PDA

View Full Version : How long will methadone hamper oxycontin effects?

Arok11
10-24-2005, 04:27 PM
My question is how long after taking methadone can you take oxy's and get the full effect of the oc? How long is methadone parked in the brains opiod receptors, and is this the only issue here as far as not wasting good OCs because methadone is blocking their effects in the brain?:)

ontario_opiophile
10-24-2005, 11:40 PM
There is no way to be sure how long the methadone will ruin the buzz but i'd say that it would hamper oxycontins effects up to a week after taking your last dose of methadone. I'm sure that you could stop taking your methadone for 3 days and get a little buzz but even after 3 days of no methadone I doubt the average person could get high off of a shot of heroin or oxycodone. The shitty part is, that methadone just sticks around in your body for a long time and even when your in WD after like 4-5 days of no methadone you still may not be able to get totally high. It would be really hard to get off methadone for the amount of days it will take to have almost no methadone in you. I've heard of people stopping methadone for 3-4 days and not using anything and then shooting up only to feel nothing much. I guess your best bet would be to take your methadone dose down low to like 15-30mg and then shoot up while on it. I think you could get pretty high if your methadone dose was really low. I think the high blocking effects of methadone really kick in after 60 milligrams. I've noticed I dont feel opiates if my methadone dose is above 60mg. It i were to take 40-50 I could still feel other opiates, and if i went lower i'd feel them more. I doubt you'll be able to get really blown off of the Oxy while on methadone it's just shitty cuz it will involve withdrawal, or lowering your dose to try to get high and even then you may not get very high. It all depends, you dont know unless you try. Sorry i can't help you more. Good luck with that.

P.S: if your not on a methadone program and only took like one or two doses of methadone then you will probably be able to do the Oxy or H or whatever, sooner than I was mentioning above. If you just took the methadone for recreational use once or something it will probably be okay to shoot up like 48 hours after your took it. When your on maintenance you have a really steady level of the drug in your blood so it hangs around alot longer, therefore you have to wait longer to shoot.

red26
10-25-2005, 03:29 PM
I was on methadone for almost three years and went through detox for 2 months. Getting off as soon as possable is always a question for those on (or getting off of done). Shit I need some pain relief. Anyway, it all depends on how long you've been on the shit, what your dosage was last, and a few other genetic things that effect saturation. When I say saturation I mean the saturation of the methadone into your body. It stores it much like a fat soluble drug like T.H.C. wich explaines why I went through such long withdrawls. All of these things apply to how it will effect you and how long it's going to take to get off again.Given, that was my fifth attempt at methadone so my advice is wait a week for full effects, If you cant, give it at least three to four days as per most water soluble drugs.