PDA

View Full Version : Clonazepam Recreational Dose?

tch2296
06-01-2007, 06:20 PM
I am prescribed 3 mg per day of clonazepam. What would a recreational dose be for me? 3.5 all at once didn't really do anything to me last night, and that was combined with 36, yes 36 mg of buprenorphine! How do i get high on this stuff?

Rhonda
06-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Wow, thats a lot! I dont need more than 1 mg and all I wanna do is lay back and let myself float off to neverland. Guess its different depending on the person.

WarmCyanide
06-01-2007, 08:58 PM
its different depending on the person.

evilfix
06-01-2007, 10:52 PM
Wow, thats a lot! I dont need more than 1 mg and all I wanna do is lay back and let myself float off to neverland. Guess its different depending on the person.

1mg? jesus christ i get 90 2mg 3 a day. i can take 10 (20mg) trying to get high and dont.

serious.

with a vodka shot.

however kids, dont try this at home

Chemical_Boy
06-01-2007, 11:00 PM
I find there is no recreational dose for clonopins. They help me sleep, help calm me down, but I really don't get a buzz from them.

Even mixed with booze, which I think is the best way to take benzos for recreation (with moderation on the booze unless you want to end up blacked out as a mother fucker or dead or jailed), I don't get a buzz from clonopins- just heavy sedation.

Some people seem to love 'em though.

euphoria2002
06-01-2007, 11:00 PM
1mg? jesus christ i get 90 2mg 3 a day. i can take 10 (20mg) trying to get high and dont.

serious.

with a vodka shot.

Ya sure, and I take a thousand MG of Oxys and wash it all down with a gallon of everclear just to even notice it. Sorry dude, but I'm calling bullshit on this one.

If you need 20 mg of clonazepam to get any real effect, you've got a serious problem. If this post is some kind of BS bragging thing, think about this for a minute. Some gullible type might just read it someday and think that it's OK to eat 20 mg's of K-pins for fun..... and guess what's going to happen then?

evilfix
06-01-2007, 11:06 PM
Ya sure, and I take a thousand MG of Oxys and wash it all down with a gallon of everclear just to even notice it. Sorry dude, but I'm calling bullshit on this one.

If you need 20 mg of clonazepam to get any real effect, you've got a serious problem. If this post is some kind of BS bragging thing, think about this for a minute. Some gullible type might just read it someday and think that it's OK to eat 20 mg's of K-pins for fun..... and guess what's going to happen then?

i am being serious. i have posted this before, ill post the event again.

suicide attempt, no tolerance to ANY pills. never took pills for any rec value.

40mg xanax down the throat. unconscious for 3 days, cant remember 2 weeks afterwards.

im not lying.

ever since, i cant get much, if anything from benzos.

euphoria2002
06-01-2007, 11:14 PM
OK then.... 40 mg of Xanax trying to do yourself in is one thing, but saying you do 20 mg of Kpins "just for fun is something else.

I'm not trying to flame you or anything. I even did the same thing myself one time telling someone how many poppy pods they should use if they wanted some good effect. The thing is, people do have different tolerances. We're not talking about jello or diet coke either. These drugs are serious shit, so we all need to be aware of what we're writing down for others to read.

Just be responsible and think about what you're writing down and how it might look to someone who's "just starting out"

40 mg's? Lord have mercy.

evilfix
06-01-2007, 11:18 PM
OK then.... 40 mg of Xanax trying to do yourself in is one thing, but saying you do 20 mg of Kpins "just for fun is something else.

I'm not trying to flame you or anything. I even did the same thing myself one time telling someone how many poppy pods they should use if they wanted some good effect. The thing is, people do have different tolerances. We're not talking about jello or diet coke either. These drugs are serious shit, so we all need to be aware of what we're writing down for others to read.

Just be responsible and think about what you're writing down and how it might look to someone who's "just starting out"

40 mg's? Lord have mercy.

thats kinda why i put suicide attempt in the post.

euphoria2002
06-01-2007, 11:27 PM

serious.

with a vodka shot.

That was the post I was referring to. Don't see anything about suicide in there.

dspot1234
06-01-2007, 11:30 PM
im not answering this persons question at all, who knows what your recreatinal dose of klonopin is, jsut start small and go till you find it, but about i think it was evilfix's post, i went through a bottle of 60 nmg kpins in about 3-4 days, and barely caught a buzz the whole time, just slept real well, so its probably not bullshit, some of us jsut have rediculous tolerances for benzos, oh and yeah ive written about this before so anyoen who knows me know sim not a bullshit artist

evilfix
06-01-2007, 11:32 PM
fixed. shouldnt be any problems now. let me know if so.

scikid
06-02-2007, 12:11 AM
I usually find 2 milligrams with a bit of booze best. But that being said, I find other benzos way more recreational. I definatly won't say no to k-pins though, they do have an awesome duration/half-life esp when compared to alprazolam.

Consumed.
06-02-2007, 12:20 AM
no bullshit im with evilfix.... I rarely take under 10 mg or xanax or clonopin, and ill mix it with some OC to nod. theres people who have a wicked benzo tolerance. believe once you get past 10-20 mg you might as well have taken 40-50 you wont remember anyway. ive done it before MANY times.

euphoria2002
06-02-2007, 02:58 AM
It looks like I'm one of the lucky ones then. SWIM has a pile of .25 mg baby k-pins and it only takes 4 of them (1mg) to get a decent effect. If what you guys are saying is true, there's some pretty wild variations in peoples' tolerance to this stuff.

Still pays to be careful if you haven't taken any before.

soulman
06-02-2007, 03:08 AM
O.K. this has nothing to do with the actual topic, but evilfix, if you're gonna quote an Alice In Chains song in your signature, please get the lyrics right!!! They are as follows:
"What in God's name have you done?,
Stick your arm for some REAL fun,
So your sickness weighs a ton.
And God's name is smack for some!!!"
Alice In Chains-"Godsmack" from "Dirt"

psychotiKK
06-02-2007, 03:33 AM
i am being serious. i have posted this before, ill post the event again.

suicide attempt, no tolerance to ANY pills. never took pills for any rec value.

40mg xanax down the throat. unconscious for 3 days, cant remember 2 weeks afterwards.

im not lying.

ever since, i cant get much, if anything from benzos.

Wow. I once took 15mg of xanax at once by accident and I thought that was too much.. I couldn't remember anything during that day. I'm prescribed 1mg of Klonopin two times daily. My doc won't up my dose.. I've been on this dose for 2 years now. I can't get high on benzos.. but I can get a buzz. In the past, ~60mg of valium got me a decent buzz. My tolerance was much lower then. Now if I take 4 or 5mg and split every one in half and take on an empty stomach I can get a buzz. It's nothing great.. just a deep relaxed feeling that I can feel mostly in my legs. When I lie down, I can feel it. For some reason, if I take more than 1mg of klonopin or any other benzo and smoke weed, I don't get as high and it doesn't last as long. I never understood why.

RxQueen
06-02-2007, 03:55 AM
to the original poster..... everyone's "recreational dose" is definitely different. the common sense answer is to start small & work your way up slowly. but chances are that you'll end up just feeling tired and going to sleep instead of catching the good buzz you're looking for. benzos (for a lot of people) just don't have much in the way of a good high. i spent many many years dicking around with just about all types of them, and although i got enjoyable buzzes from them for a while, eventually they did nothing more for me than keeping me "normalized."

don't take this the wrong way; i'm not anti-benzo by a long shot. they're great for some purposes.... controlling anxiety and insomnia, getting through opiate WD, coming down from stims, etc. and they can be a fun buzz sometimes. but beware of the hidden powers of this class of pills --- they can cause allll kindsa embarassments, especially in higher doses, because they'll erase your brain! really. i've lost large chunks of my memory's database on nights when i took bunches of benzos. apparently, from what others have told me, they also cause me to do stupid, stupid things...

and to the posters with the already high tolerances..... do yourselves a favor, and don't even bother with benzos if you need that much to even feel them. they're not worth it at that point. by the time i got to that sort of tolerance, i had a dependency/addiction that put me through the wringer for years. i'd hate for any of you to have to go through what i did. it put opiate WD's to shame, and that's saying something!

okay, i'm done with my sermon for the day. i realize that not everyone who has high tolerances for benzos will end up addicted, or will go through the same shit i did. but since i went & typed all this out already, let's just chalk it up to the crappy week i'm having, and let it be food for thought for anyone thinking about doing lots & lots of benzos on a regular basis....
/end lecture
:o

soulman
06-02-2007, 04:01 AM
I recall when I was in detox for H, I only had to go through hell for 5 days, they were checking in some lady who was there for benzos and she was gonna be in w/d there for about a month to forty-five days they said!!! FUCK THAT, I was told they have to do it that slow because you can die from benzo w/d!!!

dspot1234
06-02-2007, 02:21 PM
i dont know ive definitly always heard that but for soem reason i can taek rediculous maounts of benzos for long periods of time and hten stop, and feel fine, but opiate withdrawl kicks my ass. strange huh

Moonrock
06-02-2007, 02:44 PM
to the original poster..... everyone's "recreational dose" is definitely different. the common sense answer is to start small & work your way up slowly. but chances are that you'll end up just feeling tired and going to sleep instead of catching the good buzz you're looking for. benzos (for a lot of people) just don't have much in the way of a good high. i spent many many years dicking around with just about all types of them, and although i got enjoyable buzzes from them for a while, eventually they did nothing more for me than keeping me "normalized."

I pretty much agree with what you say, at least from my own personal experience.
After 7 straight years on xanax, as a method of sustaining the "normalized"status, i hardly get any high from it. Keeping in mind that i currently consume only 0.5mg a day, getting down from 4 mg a day back when i first started, sometimes i feel the urge of getting a high out of it, so i pop up six 0.5mg pills at once, and i end falling asleep.
Maybe i just developed a very high potency against the drug, or maybe xanax isnt just the drug to use to get high.
But what i know for sure is that i will go through one hell of a withdrawal if i ever decide to get off it. Much more worse than Herion withdrawal, and that's what scares me.

Consumed.
06-02-2007, 03:19 PM
It looks like I'm one of the lucky ones then. SWIM has a pile of .25 mg baby k-pins and it only takes 4 of them (1mg) to get a decent effect. If what you guys are saying is true, there's some pretty wild variations in peoples' tolerance to this stuff.

Still pays to be careful if you haven't taken any before.

they dont make .25 k pins only xanax... really

Consumed.
06-02-2007, 03:24 PM
i dont know ive definitly always heard that but for soem reason i can taek rediculous maounts of benzos for long periods of time and hten stop, and feel fine, but opiate withdrawl kicks my ass. strange huh

yup same for me... dont get me wrong benzos WILL give me sick withdrawals but i have to be on them for weeks... opiates after three days on i get withdrawals

dspot1234
06-02-2007, 05:55 PM
yeah man opiate withdrawl is a bitch,id rathe rgo through benzo wd anyday, thats jsut me though

Brony
06-02-2007, 06:12 PM
they dont make .25 k pins only xanax... really

Oh yes they do...

here's proof: CVS's Website (http://forum.opiophile.org/%5Burl=http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/rxsublisting?drugsymbol=C&familyname=CLONAZEPAM%5DCVS%27s%20Website%5B/URL%5D)

Babydollangel
06-02-2007, 06:39 PM
I just do not, nor prolly ever will, understand anyone getting any sort of euphoria from benzos!!

Yet, if some people do, for sure it is because everyones system IS different ! I have always wondered what the fuss is all about with xanax.....boy oh boy when a few 'ex friends' of mine found out what a generous amount of xanax I get scripted every month, it made them litterally crazy to the point they didnt want to talk about anything else cept when or if id give them some of my xans. I finally decided to lie and tell'm I wasnt taking them anymore...dear god, there was no peace there until I 'stopped' taking them...lol...'course, I never have stopped, just got tired of being asked for freebies all the time. I have certainly never understood the fuss cept if a person were coming down from a stimulant binge or somthing..other than that, i cant see the point, but hey, different strokes for different folks i guess!:rolleyes:

Diluted
06-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Benzo tolerances go up quick. Me for example, 2mgs of alprazolam, and I'd be nice. Now, I take 2mg in the morning, 2mg, in the afternoon, and if I have enough, 2mg at night. So I'm up to 6mg of Alprazolam, which is stronger (conversion wise) than Klonopin.. I'm sure rougly, 6mg of alprazolam is about 10mgs of Clonazepam ( don't quote me on it) This all in under a month.

I'm going to start to ween off the shit.

Seedy
06-02-2007, 07:32 PM
I really don't see why clonazapam is so big in the US. Valium seems better to me in every way. But then again I just do'em for fun so what would I know?

Consumed.
06-02-2007, 10:12 PM
Oh yes they do...

here's proof: CVS's Website (http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/rxsublisting?drugsymbol=C&familyname=CLONAZEPAM)

never saw those bron... my bad. those must be like the 2 mg valium, for the elderly population. honestly never heard of them and im prescribed em'.

tch2296
06-04-2007, 12:12 PM
to RX Queen: Yeah, I think you're right, I've spent years trying just about every type of benzo made, and never had much sucess with a "high", probably because I was spoiled by the opiate high:).

And by the way, clonazepam is twice as potent as alprazolam - just look at any benzo conversion chart (google it).

HeidiW
06-04-2007, 12:48 PM
Yeah, benzo w/d is no joke. That shit is truly frightening. I was in an ICU ward for 10 days, being forced to kick a bad Valium habit. I was in restraints, they had to keep putting me under, it was some of the worst
w/d I've ever had to endure. This is why I don't take my Xanax like I should, I don't need anymore monkeys on the back right now. Dilaudid and 'done are hard enough to carry.........

OxyContinuously
06-04-2007, 12:49 PM
Yeah, benzo w/d is no joke. That shit is truly frightening. I was in an ICU ward for 10 days, being forced to kick a bad Valium habit. I was in restraints, they had to keep putting me under, it was some of the worst
w/d I've ever had to endure. This is why I don't take my Xanax like I should, I don't need anymore monkeys on the back right now. Dilaudid and 'done are hard enough to carry.........

yeah i agree, i can't fuck with valium or xanax WD's

tch2296
06-04-2007, 02:08 PM
damn heidi how much valium were you taking ebvery day? will it be hard for me to stop with 3 mg a day?

insaneike
06-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Just for the record ANYONE could eat 40mg of kpin/xan and will not die... It takes HUNDREDS of mg of kpins/xan/val to hit the LD50 guys...
You will black out cold but won't die or stop breathing...

If someone said they ate 60mg and blacked out for 3eays I'd beleive them taking they wern't some 18yo kidiot 'drugg13' working at mcD's
I have personally never went over 12mg of kpins(was scripted em for 2.5yrs. 3mg/day).

A good average recreational dose is like 3-5mg.

Have 1-3 drinks with it, no more :p

Diluted
06-04-2007, 06:57 PM
I just googled it and Clonezapam is not more potent than Alprazolam. Alps half-life is shorter, giving it more of a "high" then Clon. since it has a longer half life.. (Think Methadone to Oxycodone) longer half-life, less of a "euphoric rush" then a longer lasting "warm" etc etc etc.

I'd love to be proven wrong though. :)

RxQueen
06-04-2007, 11:52 PM
will it be hard for me to stop with 3 mg a day?

i think that a lot of it has to do with how long you've been taking them. my worst benzo WD's were always after extended periods of use. my "after a few months" WD's were nothing compared to the "after 12 years of everyday use" WD's. i'm still going through shit (insomnia, mood swings, general illness, etc), and it's over 4 months since i got off 'em. heidi is spot-on right about it... "frightening" barely starts to describe it.

the most important part about stopping w/ benzos is to TAPER SLOWLY. no cold-turkey allowed in this game, or it actually IS life-threatening. search around the forums once you really decide to come off them, there's lots of good advice and links to taper schedules and stuff. and feel free to PM me if you need to (or just post questions if you're not PM-capable yet). i hate to think of anyone going through any type of WD, but it's way worse to try it with no idea how & no one to ask! good luck!

the_florist
06-05-2007, 04:25 AM
i'm with everyone else that doesn't get anything but tired from taking Benzo's.

i've been scripted Xanax for years and they just end up stockpiling because i rarely take them. they are good for killing a panic attack and going to sleep, but that's about it (for me.)

when i take them, i just feel dead inside.

OxyContinuously
06-05-2007, 09:11 AM
wow iwas re-reading this thread today, and just had to put in my experiences. I saw someone (forgot who) took mad klonopin---l ike 20mgs or so!!! WOW....all i gotta say to that is for me personally, 1 single solitary milligram of clonazepam is all i need to get right...tell you the truth i never tried anything over that at one time just bc the 1mg was morethan enough to satisfy..

different strokes for different folks, though....I must say though, if you tolerance is 20mg of Klonopin---have fun EVER getting off that, no joke

zenpunk
06-05-2007, 12:02 PM
I was prescribed this for PTSD early this year - didn't do a single thing even after not taking the safest dosage out of frustration! It really depends upon the person's body chemistry I think. SWIM ended up trading them for something more up their alley.

Somanax
06-05-2007, 12:18 PM
personally 12 2 mg xanax is recreational for myself and little or no memory loss

go figure ???or 24 blue's and I am careful about the w/d's so i eat 60 tab's in 2.5-3 days

don't want any benzo habit just like to abuse :rolleyes:

Consumed.
06-06-2007, 06:11 PM
personally 12 2 mg xanax is recreational for myself and little or no memory loss

go figure ???or 24 blue's and I am careful about the w/d's so i eat 60 tab's in 2.5-3 days

don't want any benzo habit just like to abuse :rolleyes:

wow we need to hook up i need a lady with a rec. benzo dose like that!

tch2296
06-07-2007, 03:25 PM
Hey diluted, I think you are right about the xanax, the high is better because it gets into your bloodstream faster. I was surprised when I looked at the conversion chart and it said that clonazepam was twice as strong as xanax, because based upon my own extensive personal experience, xanax is the most potent of the recreational benzos. I think they are talking about the clinical equivalent, not the recreational potential:rolleyes:!

Anyways, I took the rest of my K-pins, 5.5 mg, just about 45 minutes ago and I can feel some nice effects coming on. I wanna see what I can so with this. I also smoked a joint of strawberry cough and took 24 mg Suboxone, so this may have an effect on my experience.

Unless my doc cuts off the benzos at my appt. tomorrow morning, I will have 60 more tomorrow, so I figured what the fuck, take them all and see what happens (I tend to think this way a lot, unfortunately). This would be the highest benzo dose I have taken, but nothing dangerous to me. I just hope to get high, I have been stuck in that Suboxone phase where I feel a mild buzz all the time but can't ever get high, on anything!

Rhonda
06-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Somanax, what is that pic in your new avatar? It looks like part of an ass or something? LOL!

Consumed.
06-07-2007, 11:14 PM
we dont know "mr" somax's woman's ass????? go oldschool a/s/l... im must have been wrecked with my last past cuz i guess it is a dude... sorry mr. somax

Seedy
06-07-2007, 11:56 PM
wow iwas re-reading this thread today, and just had to put in my experiences. I saw someone (forgot who) took mad klonopin---l ike 20mgs or so!!! WOW....all i gotta say to that is for me personally, 1 single solitary milligram of clonazepam is all i need to get right...tell you the truth i never tried anything over that at one time just bc the 1mg was morethan enough to satisfy..

different strokes for different folks, though....I must say though, if you tolerance is 20mg of Klonopin---have fun EVER getting off that, no joke

Yeah I remember the first time I took clonozapam, halved a 2mg & drank some beers...

...Wait a second, no I can't actually remember that at all! :)

Ale
06-10-2007, 03:10 PM
I am prescribed 3 mg per day of clonazepam. What would a recreational dose be for me? 3.5 all at once didn't really do anything to me last night, and that was combined with 36, yes 36 mg of buprenorphine! How do i get high on this stuff?
Geez ..36mg of bupe's a whole fuckin lot:confused:.

myfaceitches
08-11-2007, 01:09 AM
to RX Queen: Yeah, I think you're right, I've spent years trying just about every type of benzo made, and never had much sucess with a "high", probably because I was spoiled by the opiate high:).

And by the way, clonazepam is twice as potent as alprazolam - just look at any benzo conversion chart (google it).

Oh, really? Because last chart I read said that 1/2 mg of alprazolam is equal to 1/2 mg of clonazepam.......google it again.

limitless_euphoria
08-11-2007, 04:30 AM

It works out to about this:

If you would take 2 mg of Xanax or maybe 15-20 mg of Valium to get off, you would probably take 3-4 mg of klonopin to do the same.

I've found Xanax has the most euphoric effect, valium gets the job done ok with a little buzz and Klonopin has a very clinical, medicinal feel to it. My body feels the benzo effect but I think they Rx them a lot because not as many people are able to get off. Again, this is not expert testamony here - just one guy's opinion about one thing.

RangerXLT8
08-11-2007, 09:01 AM
I was just at my Dr and he told me .5mg Klonopin = 10mg valium. Which are both equal to .5mg of xanax

Ragdoll
08-11-2007, 06:14 PM
Oh God, why do people keep fucking with this shit? It makes you so sick when you try to stop. Seriously, my advice is not to use Klonopin recreationally.

jayemp420
08-17-2007, 05:00 PM
i woudlnt recomment trying this buit for clonazepam i take 5-20mg for a good buzz. rigt now im on 16mg clonazepam and 4mg ativan and 2 clonidine patches and feelin comfy

Dominick
08-22-2007, 01:42 AM
All depends on person... Other drugs in system at the time, Tolerance with benzo's, weight, age, height and gender.

Synack
08-22-2007, 01:53 AM
Clonazpam's rec dose can be as high or as low as you'd like... everyone's different..... but I'm posting this 4 pages in so I'm sure it's been said.

jayemp420
08-30-2007, 08:44 AM
i usually take 5-10mg clonazepam when i wanna get high. but be careful thats a pretty high dose. 1mg of clonazepam = 20mg diazepam (i think)

surdali124
10-11-2007, 12:04 AM
recently in chicago i took 8mgs and had ot get from downtown to out side of town riding two subways and arriving at the airport for my hotel pick up should have took 45 minuted but tokk us 5 hours...lot of fun hell yea..one time i ate 10 blue 2mgs..ridiculous

surdali124
10-11-2007, 12:07 AM
taking massive doses will not kill you becuase it just then becomes a major tranquilizer because they are minor tranq's

EleusisII
10-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Clonazepam is a pretty sad benzo for recreational use, isn't it? Last time I took 2mg, i slept for 12 hours, and couldn't walk straight the next day. Not much fun...
See if you can trade them for xanax or ativan... Remember that Clonazepam has a very long halflife, so if you take alot you'll be fucked up for a couple of days.

Seedy
10-12-2007, 12:17 AM
^^ The problem is your dosage! For the benzo naiive 2mg is a huuuuge dose! .5mg with some beers is nice or 1mg with some weed. The halflife is only about 1/2 that of valium & 2x xanax I think. If you have a reasonable dose in the evening you should be fine next day.