PDA

View Full Version : How about Demerol??

OCfenatiq
05-30-2007, 05:23 PM
I don't see Demerol talked about very much and was wondering what some of you thought about it. Swim has recently came across some and was wondering if it is worth it or not really. I've had it in the past but its been a few years and since my tolerance has changed a lot so not sure how much it would take now anyways, but any info on how you like it or dislike would be great, thanks...:D

jonny-5
05-30-2007, 05:32 PM
i had it once in the hospital, and i thought it was pretty good. they didnt know i was already on heroin so they gave it to me and i puked a couple times. a lot of people dont like it as much, but its better than hydro and gave me more pain releif than oxy does. not as euphoric as oxy tho.

flipside
05-30-2007, 05:48 PM
Well, just had quite bit of it in the hospital for the first time in years, usually it's Dilaudid. Of course I should say it was also given wiTH Vistril Different Dr's I guess.

I thouroughly enjoyed it. Both the anelgesia and the euphoria.

It's would be my last choice if I could pick ( except Fent..would not choose that BC my tolerance to it is soo high).

Overall. I wouldn't t turn it down. That's for damn sure.

Are u planning on IM or IV, what strength do you have?

Do you have a starting dose in mind?

ProdigalSon
05-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Mom takes it. Everytime she is feelin generous Im fortunate enough to git some. Its great IMHO

OCfenatiq
05-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Well, just had quite bit of it in the hospital for the first time in years, usually it's Dilaudid. Of course I should say it was also given wiTH Vistril Different Dr's I guess.

I thouroughly enjoyed it. Both the anelgesia and the euphoria.

It's would be my last choice if I could pick ( except Fent..would not choose that BC my tolerance to it is soo high).

Overall. I wouldn't t turn it down. That's for damn sure.

Are u planning on IM or IV, what strength do you have?

Do you have a starting dose in mind?
I have never shot anything before (except for at the hospital) so usually its oral or nasal. According to an opiod converter my starting dose should be 300mg oral so thats all I've seen so far. I should have mentioned this before, any advice on taking orally?

RxQueen
05-30-2007, 06:15 PM
wow, i haven't seen any demerol in ages but it was one of the first opies i got into soooo many years ago. hard for me to compare it to the others since it was so long ago, & i was rather opiate-naive then. all i know for sure is it's way better IV than oral. that, and be careful with higher doses over the long-term. demerol is one of the ones that leaves some form of toxicity behind in your system when it breaks down. have fun with it, and be safe!

EDIT: just saw your post above.... good for you, not shooting it! as for oral use.... i remember it being one of the foulest tasting pills ever, so be prepared to feel like puking if ya chew 'em! i'd probably just swallow them on an empty (or mostly empty) stomach. or maybe crush them & parachute 'em.... just to avoid that horrid taste!

euphoria2002
05-30-2007, 06:50 PM
Man that stuff is excellent! Good effect, semisynthetic so tolerance isn't quite as much of a problem (for me anyways) and it comes in the tiniest little pills with no other ingredients.

The main drawback is it's kind of hard to get. In fact, the only demerol I've ever had was either by prescription or a "bounceback" Rx done by SWIM for his own personal benefit.... and SWIM doesn't do that anymore. Though he might get himself a few more one of these days if he feels he's laid low for long enough.

oxydose
05-30-2007, 06:55 PM
Only time i've had it was with Phegran also, also is crazy to IV these pills (mep+prometh), sticky water in needles, but I do it. eh of well

reddragon3668
05-30-2007, 10:13 PM
demerol w/o a hefty tolerance is great. I took it when I first hurt my back, and it was great... several years later though, after being on oxys and all, I got a bottle of 50mg tablets... it was not near as good then. The catch 22, I guess... if I remember correctly, it really took allot to cop any real buzz off of it orally... I'm like Flip, I don't think I'd turn it down if it were given to me, but I wouldn't buy any if I had my DOC, or unless I was hurting pretty bad.... everybody's different though.

HeidiW
05-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Demerol is good shit. I had a Dr. tell recently tell me that a lot of doctors don't like prescribing it anymore due to too many side effects. When I lived in Ohio, that Demerol was all that I saw in the emergency rooms and hospitals.

Matter of fact, the very first IV shot I ever got was Demerol; I was 14. I'll never forget it. :D:cloud9::hangloose:vomit:

OCfenatiq
05-31-2007, 04:50 PM
Only time i've had it was with Phegran also, also is crazy to IV these pills (mep+prometh), sticky water in needles, but I do it. eh of well
I've had Mepergan Fortis too (the problem there is the prometh makes you very tired, maybe different with others), but these are regular Demerol. Small, white, and round without the promethazine or whatever. Thanks for the replies and the info, swim got a few and will report back later how much they were enjoyed, once out of OCs they will be backups...;)

flipside
05-31-2007, 06:21 PM
I've had Mepergan Fortis too (the problem there is the prometh makes you very tired, maybe different with others), but these are regular Demerol. Small, white, and round without the promethazine or whatever. Thanks for the replies and the info, swim got a few and will report back later how much they were enjoyed, once out of OCs they will be backups...;)

Sounds like a god plan. Start with around 100-150mgs every 3 to 4 hours until you get an idea of your tolerance and the way you are gonna react to them.

oxydose
06-21-2007, 11:17 AM

Fuck yeah it makes you tired, before I can get enough Demerol to get off i'm falling out because of the Prometh. I ive the pills, they go milky to clear (after some stirring) after being heated, but the water is very sticky and often will clogg a needle, so its really only possible to do 2, or 3 tops and still be able to shoot the shit in a 1cc rig. Also i'm sure its horrible on the veins, just from how sticky the shit feels.

Also the promethazine once I wake up and am no longer feeling the demerol gives me horrible restless leg, but I've noticed another opi on top, even just like 1 7.5 hydro cures that. But yeah the prometh sucks, I mean I kinda like a little of it, but the amount of Dem needed vs the amount of Phen fucks it all up.

Shit will knock you str8 the fuck out after with a 200/100mg shot, 4 pills each being 50/25mg. But I would suggest yall doing what I do, can't be good.

doctor diesel
06-21-2007, 12:05 PM
My missus has had Demerol - it's called Pethidine in the UK and it's given as an analgesic for childbirth, and also for the pain of gallstones.
She absolutely loved the stuff when it was administered intravenously, but the oral tablets didn't do a great deal for her.
I'd give it a shot given half a chance!

Doc

Ale
06-21-2007, 03:05 PM
[..]semisynthetic so tolerance isn't quite as much of a problem..

It's fully synthetic

stringbeanjeans
06-21-2007, 05:56 PM
I had Demerol in the hospital a while back. I honestly don't remember it though. They gave me a dose that knocked me out pretty quick. Plus i was in pain. Pain is the quickest way to ruin an opiate high. It's kinda like a catch-22. You get the script because of the pain, but you can't thoroughly enjoy the script because everything hurts. Damn that gets me depressed...

devilsdrug
06-21-2007, 07:18 PM
beats a blank

kazman32
06-21-2007, 07:28 PM
I liked it..felt great on it (like any opiate) got some small 50mg pills that dissolved easy in water put 4-5 in a 23 gauge 1 inch needle filled with water shook and did Im shot actually ttwice, added water again to get all the resude.

euphoria2002
06-21-2007, 08:03 PM
I've mentioned this drug in quite a few posts. It's great!
50mg in a tiny little pill with no additional unecessary ingredients.
Semisynthetic so it tends to work ok if you rotate over from something else that you've got a tolerance to.
The nod is decent and demerol goes well in combos with other opies.
Main drawbacks are; it's not all that common and it gives a bit of an opiate hangover even into the next day.

Zoops
06-21-2007, 09:16 PM
Ditto on that mepergan fortis shit. I took those before and I couldn't stay awake. Have taken the plain white pills too. Got to where I needed 300mg to get off. It's so awful tasting it makes you heave if you don't swallow the pills before any of it gets on the back of your throat. Ugh!

This stuff is completely totally 100% synthetic. I always would get so stuttery and twitchy after a couple man-sized doses of it. Not for me. Actually it can cause seizure in O.D. because the metabolite (normeperidine - the N-methyl group is pulled off by metabolic enzymes in the liver) has some stimulant effects - not good stimulant effects, the kind that give you a seizure effects.

I'd take it but don't get carried away with it.

Ale
06-22-2007, 06:34 PM
I've mentioned this drug in quite a few posts. It's great!
50mg in a tiny little pill with no additional unecessary ingredients.
Semisynthetic so it tends to work ok if you rotate over from something else that you've got a tolerance to.
The nod is decent and demerol goes well in combos with other opies.
Main drawbacks are; it's not all that common and it gives a bit of an opiate hangover even into the next day.
Again..It is FULLY synthetic.

Somanax
06-22-2007, 06:45 PM
Point's for Zoop on the reminder that a full scale party with meperidine can and DOE's cause siezure's:(

and it sure can blow your buzz to watch this happen we had narcan on hand and man oh man was she

pissed about that :rolleyes:

pharmboy
06-22-2007, 06:57 PM
Man I love Demerol. Its better with the afore mentiond Visteril or Promethazine.
BUT the more you do the more toxic metabolites build up and can give you
seizures and involutary muscle spazes. But shit yea great stuff ! Tons of
pink warm fuzzis etc..etc.

Zoops
06-22-2007, 07:01 PM
MORE PINK WARM FUZZIES! yAY!

astro
06-24-2007, 10:06 PM
I heard Swim's currently on 40mg methadone each morning. If he took meperidine tonight, would Swim feel any euphoria, since it's 100% synthetic? or would the methadone still block it?

OCfenatiq
06-25-2007, 12:31 AM
I think you would feel it, depending on the dose of course... And I had some (orally) it was ok, maybe not enough (300mg) but got really light headed, kind of too much I think. This is probably because I took 5 of the regular 50mg pills and 1 mepergan fortis with the prometh in it and maybe the combo gave the huge head rush. It was kind of unpleasent in a way... Still have some so I'll try alone so can get a feel of just the goods...

PS... The only reason I even took the mep. fort. is b/c I have a few and are no good alone and if 2 or 3 are taken it pretty much knocks you out due to the prometh...Anyway, Peace...;)

Chipper
06-27-2009, 10:34 PM
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but since the late Michael Jackson indulged, I was reminded of a doctor friend of mine who was struck off the register for Pethidine abuse - he could not control his intake, botched an operation, 'fessed up to his usage and then lost his job.

Anyway, I'm wondering what it feels like, so ... to anyone that has experienced IV Demerol, how does the euphoria compare to Morphine ?

Deadfiend
06-27-2009, 11:37 PM
good shit, well really damm good shit when you really get down to it, I myself loved it, and relly wish it was at a later time when it was east to get. It has structural similarities to atropine and other tropane alkaloids, Soooo long story short Like other opioid drugs, pethidine has the potential to cause physical dependence or addiction. In fact, pethidine may be more addictive than other opioids because of its exceptionally rapid onset of action and associated "rush", and additional activity as a monoamine transporter inhibitor, which results in cocaine-like stimulant.

Note: long turm use can really fuck you up. that's what you almost never see it useless a girl with a bun in the oven gets hert really bad or has a tooth or teeth pulled that what they give cause it has shown not to fuck with the baby.

Usingit on the daily it can cause things likecommon to all opioids, such as dry mouth,lightheadedness, twitchiness, muscular twitches, and nausea, the repeated administration of pethidine can lead to neurotoxic effects.

For a time it was seen as the shit when it frist came out the they started to see unique toxicity (i.e., lots of seizures, delirium, a lot of other other neuropsychological effect.

at&t
06-28-2009, 12:12 PM
to above poster: ^^ Exactly!

Demerol is the only (currently used) opioid that has TOXIC METABOLITES.

I was surprised to hear folks say "demerol is pretty good" or... "two thumbs up," and so on, with nobody mentioning that long term use of this stuff will usually Fuck you Up pretty badly in ways that No Other Opioids will.....

the PDR or probably even probably Wikipedia or even probably your local pharmicist (or Drugstore Cowboy-- Remember when bob opens up the Narcotics Cabinet with a crowbar and says "Demerol?? Shit!" just before the two guys break in the door to get him...) will tell you that the Toxic Metabolites accumulate with chronic use, and start to cause... I don't know... tremors, can't hold your hands steady, stuff like that.

I had first read this at that thing at the end of some recent editions of Naked Lunch called what... "letter from a Master Addict to Dangerous Drugs," but didn't have a chance to experience it myself until years later during a dry spell when nothing else was available for a while, and had 'no choice' (well... Little other choice) than to use myself as a guinea pig to check out whether or not all those various sources (the "master addict", the pdr, the pharmacists, etc) were or were not correct...

I don't know... y'all might look it up, I guess... I just thought that it might be something relevant to add to a thread (100 years old though it may be) about demerol...

Take it easy folks, at&t

youwonhundred
06-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Demerol was great....
When I had surgery at 12 years old.

limitless_euphoria
06-28-2009, 12:17 PM
I had IV demerol after my appendix was removed and I did not enjoy one bit of it. The dilly to follow was splendid to say the least. In fact, "D"emerol is the only "D" Opiate I do not care for!

HydroApe
06-28-2009, 12:51 PM
I was given Demerol after a discogram once. They were 50mg tablets and even if I took 4 at a time I fot NOTHING out of it. This was even when my tolerance was 2 Norco and I was happy.

OxyBlowBall2
06-28-2009, 03:38 PM
ive had demerol a few times. the first time i had a low tolerance and was already doing vicodin. my friend and i decided to blow it and it was the worst thing i've probably ever put up my nose. it burned so bad and i had my head in the sink under cold running water for like 10 minutes in my buddys kitchen. it was aweful. the 2nd time i had it i already had a pretty high tolerance and i chewed 4 50mg pills. it felt alright i guess but it didn't do too much for me. just don't blow it, its horrible!

krinkov
06-28-2009, 11:31 PM
Demerol was one of my first experiences with opiates. When I was 16, I decided that it would be a good idea to dislocate my shoulder. Well, when I got to the ER one of the first things they do is set up an IV. Then, a nice shot of demerol. Pretty good stuff for an opiate naive person. Then, once they decide how to put the shoulder back in socket, you get a cocktail of versed and Fentanyl. You get the best rush you've ever felt and BAM!! Out like a light!!!
I ended up dislocating my shoulder a total of 9 times so I knew the drill pretty well. One time they "forgot" about my demerol shot, and did hell break loose!!! Not really. I just mentioned it to the Dr and everything was OK after that.;)

Deadfiend
06-28-2009, 11:39 PM
I know all the shit I posted already was on the bad side, but still I take a hand full if I got my hands on it just cause its been so long, but that's about it, i could not be near be my DOC.

Restharrow
06-29-2009, 11:29 AM
I have had it in the hospital via IV (and IM I think) and its a good pain reliever and eliminated "hospital anxiety".

When I had a script after surgery, I only took a couple of the pills and threw the bottle away because they upset my stomach. I had access to Oxy and Hydro at the time.

at&t
06-30-2009, 09:31 AM
Oxyblowball posted:
> my friend and i decided to blow it and it was the worst thing i've probably
> ever put up my nose. it burned so bad and i had my head in the sink under
> cold running water for like 10 minutes in my buddys kitchen.

Wow... I can definitely picture that... I guess most of us haven't had the.. um.. pleasure of trying that-- Snorting Demerol, but Thanks man... Thats definitely some very good 'Public Service Announcement style' information-- A word of warning to anyone reading this thread now or later (Via the search engine) who has some Demerol and might be tempted to try snorting it!

And I'm going to field a guess, and say that its quite likely that the poster, just like many if not most of us here-- is NOT by any means a 'novice' to putting noxious, toxic, and just generally unpleasant chemicals/substances up their nose..

Its just-- I can certainly picture that.... head upside down under the faucet trying to flush one's violated burning sinuses....

Anyway, never mind folks... Take it easy, at&t

Duckfeet
06-30-2009, 11:50 AM
I used to crush up the 50's and 100's and fix'em, get a serious rush, mediocre "chemical" high(...and we were sort of liberating hospital pharmacies in the south and would get trunkloads of the liquid injectable...)but somewhere in there they changed something in the pill compounds, and they got weird and headachy...but we were "garbage junkies" if u know what I mean...in other words, we'd talk bad about'em, but still "do" them...

Now? Fuck, I'd trade'em for darvocets and feel I'd come out on top...tylenol 3's are a move up...even the liquid was a lot like liquid talwin, if anybody remembers that garbage...when I first got out of Vietnam, and was dinged up in a hospital in Maryland, they gave me shots of demerol every four hours, and I guess I kind of liked it, but it was my first "shots" of opiates ever...and I was young and impressionable...rather than old and jaded....

I was actually feeling a bit sorry for MJ myself, until I found out he od'ed on Demerol...if that's true, I've no sympathy for him at all...with all that money and connects, to be doing demerol, shows a lack of class that I find unforgivable...liking young boys, hanging his baby off a balcony, even marrying Lisa Presley: *that* I could sort of tolerate...but *demerol!? Has he no shame???!!! :)

imalgen
06-30-2009, 11:52 AM
I don't see Demerol talked about very much and was wondering what some of you thought about it. Swim has recently came across some and was wondering if it is worth it or not really. I've had it in the past but its been a few years and since my tolerance has changed a lot so not sure how much it would take now anyways, but any info on how you like it or dislike would be great, thanks...:D

These tiny white "easy swallow" pills used to be around the Tijuana/Rx area. But then they disappeared from all the vendors pretty much at once.

They were all white, with a black number on them - and they were coated in something that tasted like COTTON CANDY. So of course, you would suck on them first as they tasted so good, but once you broke through the coating it was bitter and vile, so you had to time it just right. haha After a while you get pretty damn good at it ;)

Cant seem to find any pics of the specific ones i am talking about online, which makes me wonder if the Tijuana pharmacists were selling something else as demerol(which has happened here a few times now - one--> fentanyl sublingual dissolvers being sold as morphine sublingual dissolvers).

suffocate
09-03-2009, 06:49 PM
I would like to make a quick comment in regards to the snorting of Demerol, as was mentioned earlier.

DO NOT TAKE DEMEROL INTRA-NASALLY. Like oxyblowball, I attempted this once and never again. If I remember correctly, the dosage I took was approximately 250mg (this was before I had any significant tolerance). Before I was even able to remove the straw (actually, a rolled up Post-It note) from my nose, I started bleeding something fierce. I had never and have never again experienced this amount of nasal bleeding; it was literally pouring from the nostril in which I snorted with.

I am not a bleeder, either- the only times I have ever experienced a bloody nose from intranasal drug use was after using large amounts of cocaine or other stimulants; never opiates. Demerol was something completely different, though.

In regards to the initial question: I have only taken Demerol once since my bleeding experience, and obviously it was taken orally. By this time, I had developed a bit of a opi tolerance, probably taking roughly 160mg of oxycodone per day. The dosage of Demerol I ingested was 500mg, and even with this much, which I considered to be a large amount, I was very disappointed. Felt very little, other than the elimination of w/d symptoms.

(note: from what I can determine, 75mg of Demerol/meperidine SHOULD be similar to about 5mg of oxycodone)

Nu Jerzey Devil
09-08-2009, 06:14 PM
I had IV demerol after my appendix was removed and I did not enjoy one bit of it. The dilly to follow was splendid to say the least. In fact, "D"emerol is the only "D" Opiate I do not care for!

As far as D opioids, I don't care for Darvon (or any propoxyphene combos).

Well I just found this thread and my question is has anyone IV'd the pills? I have a couple of the small white 50mgs that I got for free so I was wondering if anyone had experience with these. They will most likely be used next time i'm sick so I will want to get the most bang for my buck.

OpiateQueen
09-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Heaps of vets/docs/health profs in Australia etc become addicted to Pethidine(Demerol) - it is meant to be EXTREMELY addictive... The ones i kjnew all liked it way better than morphine etc.. It was the first opiate i was addicted to - iV pethidine...and i really really loved it - and did some pretty risky things to get it...but yeah it made me fit - one of the side effects of too much is FITTING - so be careful... You get a pretty mad tolerance too - the vets i knew who were addicted were using like 3 of the BIG bottles IV every day in the end..

anyway later on when i had it by mistake (when i was using the morphine - i swapped the stickers on the demerol(pethidine) and morphine and then stupidly used the one that said morph but was actually pethidine...) so i had it by mistake and i HAted it - it was awful - i wouldn't have it again if it was in front of me....yuk yuk.

I have never heard of this dilaudid - is it not common in Australia or something??? i wanna try it...

jo-jo
09-08-2009, 07:19 PM
I have never heard of this dilaudid - is it not common in Australia or something??? i wanna try it...

Dilaudid is hydromorphone. I've never had it either but it sounds amazing! I'd love to get my hands on some too!

Nu Jerzey Devil
09-09-2009, 12:20 AM
Anyone ever IV the Demerol pills!? I guess snorting is out of the question, and with my tolerance.... so is oral. If anyone can elaborate on this that would be great.

BTW, to the two previous posters if you can get your hands on Hydromorphone the only really effective way to take it is IV. I am not saying you should do this, but if neither of you IV I would not bother putting in the time and effort to get Dilaudid. If you do IV you may find it is probably the most amazing rush ever. It is my favorite opioid (yes even better than great Heroin) and I was lucky enough to get a script for around 350-400 a month for about 5 or 6 months. I IV'd virtually all of them, I pretty much had an unlimited supply. This royally fucked up my tolerance, and it will NEVER EVER be the same. But yea, hydromorphone is no good orally or nasally (some would say hydrocodone is better orally!).... gotta shoot that shit.

OpiateQueen
09-09-2009, 01:08 AM
Anyone ever IV the Demerol pills!? I guess snorting is out of the question, and with my tolerance.... so is oral. If anyone can elaborate on this that would be great.

BTW, to the two previous posters if you can get your hands on Hydromorphone the only really effective way to take it is IV. I am not saying you should do this, but if neither of you IV I would not bother putting in the time and effort to get Dilaudid. If you do IV you may find it is probably the most amazing rush ever. It is my favorite opioid (yes even better than great Heroin) and I was lucky enough to get a script for around 350-400 a month for about 5 or 6 months. I IV'd virtually all of them, I pretty much had an unlimited supply. This royally fucked up my tolerance, and it will NEVER EVER be the same. But yea, hydromorphone is no good orally or nasally (some would say hydrocodone is better orally!).... gotta shoot that shit.
if u read my post above you would've seen that i said my first opiate addiction was IV Pethidine (Demerol) - so yes i would def IV those dillies if any came my way... As i've also said though - i've never heard of them at all in Australia, and i'm sure your average person gets scripted ALOT less opiates here... My uncle, who is a GP, sayd there is a huge process they have to go thru to be able to script anyone scheduled pain relief... I mean even vicodin is treated like the devil - until coming here i thought that must be some strong shit! Its bloody imposs to get that either... And they not allowed to script methadone for pain. and bupe is dosed daily at a clinic or pharmacy - like methadone..

Nu Jerzey Devil
09-09-2009, 01:24 AM
Wow, I had no idea things were that strict in the outback! I am really sorry to hear that... even Vicodin?? So is there a bigger market for illicit opioids?

PS if anyone has info on IVing Demerol tabs, let me know. I know the downside to IVing pills, but I have a lot of experience here and this is only one pill. I just want to make sure I am not going to get a fucking allergic reaction or anything..

Dr Benway
09-18-2009, 09:45 PM
A few years back now. Pethidine amps...beautiful, man... like a speedball for a while, when wears off gouch off into baby sleep... :cloud9:

Morphus
09-18-2009, 11:42 PM
I tried demerol waaay back when, still in high school and me and my buddy found his aunt/uncles old pill stash: a box full of benzos, percocets, codeine etc. At the time it was freaking awesome, my favorite was percocet, itchy nose, euphoria, alla that. Anyways there was some demerol in there too, I remember taking 2 50mg pills and just falling asleep, no euphoria, just sedation. Remember in Drugstore Cowboy where Bob hits the hospital pharmacy and finds the bottle of Demerol? He looks at it with disgust and doesnt take it. It's also got a bunch of toxic metabolites and causes lots of side effects with chronic use.

bigNasty
09-18-2009, 11:56 PM
Remember in Drugstore Cowboy where Bob hits the hospital pharmacy and finds the bottle of Demerol? He looks at it with disgust and doesnt take it. It's also got a bunch of toxic metabolites and causes lots of side effects with chronic use.
That's crazy to me. Demerol is the only opi that can make me truely nod.........like falling over with my head in my lap nod. Even with a tolerance(alot smaller than most of you), I still fake a migraine for a shot of dem every now and then

OpiateQueen
09-19-2009, 05:58 AM
That's crazy to me. Demerol is the only opi that can make me truely nod.........like falling over with my head in my lap nod. Even with a tolerance(alot smaller than most of you), I still fake a migraine for a shot of dem every now and then
who the hell would give you a shot of demerol for a migraine??? Don't tell me they would give you that just for walking into a hosp and saying you had a headache?!? migraine even?!!
noway would that happen here... i hate the shit now anyway - but yeah i used to love it, before i moved onto morphine and heroin...

I-Nod
09-19-2009, 08:36 AM
PS if anyone has info on IVing Demerol tabs, let me know. I know the downside to IVing pills, but I have a lot of experience here and this is only one pill. I just want to make sure I am not going to get a fucking allergic reaction or anything..

I just crushed finely, and filtered... no heat or anything. It's been a while since I've done them, and I was having my first experiences with 2 or 3 different opi's for the first time... but if I remember correctly: it burns kinda bad if you miss.

Other than that, I experienced no ill effects. I called them Dim-'er-all's... because they were pretty sedating and a lot less euphoric than dilly's and oxy's. Felt pretty dim to me, at least...

Dr Benway
09-25-2009, 08:13 AM
I prefer to call it "Dolly-Oil", seems much more appropriate. As much as I like it, it don't quite fix ya...

Ickyuck
09-25-2009, 08:18 AM
I still fake a migraine for a shot of dem every now and then

who the hell would give you a shot of demerol for a migraine??? Don't tell me they would give you that just for walking into a hosp and saying you had a headache?!? migraine even?!!
noway would that happen here...

My friend did the same shit; Now I don't know if she faked her migraines (ehh.. most likely yeah), but she got demerol pretty much every time. She had no doctor/neuro records, no insurance, like she just would walk in and come out just like that. Beats me how she did it.

bigNasty
09-25-2009, 10:40 AM
My friend did the same shit; Now I don't know if she faked her migraines (ehh.. most likely yeah), but she got demerol pretty much every time. She had no doctor/neuro records, no insurance, like she just would walk in and come out just like that. Beats me how she did it.
Yes it can be done at the hospital and a walk-in clinic here in town. The walk-in clinic is actually easier and alot cheaper and only 45 minutes to an hour vs. 5 hours at ER. They'll give you a shot of Demerol and a script for a few hydro's

Poppylvr
09-25-2009, 11:54 AM
A lot of physicians are moving away from using Demerol because of the toxic metabolities some one mention earlier in this thread. In my town, the big Hospital/insurance/medical office complex doesn't have Demerol on its formulary any more.
As for me- Demerol is like water. I was given it after baby #2 (had some painful problems right after birth) - IM. Nothing. When they switched me to percocet it was bliss. That was back in the day when 2 percs would give me a lovely glow.
Fast forward to my IV years. I tried IV'ing 200 mg Demerol twice. Both times I got the faintest sleepiness, no euphoria, no nod, no NOTHING! In fact after the second time I tried Demerol IV, I had to hijack some IV fentanyl to ease my disappointment!