PDA

View Full Version : Extracting Fentanyl from the Patches

Paregoric Kid
01-21-2005, 10:40 AM
is there any method of getting just the fentanyl out of the patches. I've used the patches many times. the first I just stuck the damn thing on my neck and put a sticker over it LOL

someone tells me that many half used patches can be found in the garbage can of a certain vet office ;)

anyways my question is, how do you get the fentanyl out if you don't want to wear it. I've smoked it but I've read on heroinhelper.com that there is a lot of really bad shit in it. a lot of people just eat the gel, but there have been reports of liver failure because of the bad shit in it. don't feel like doing anymore damage to my liver and I'm sure it's not good for your lungs, but I guess I could always just wear the damn things.
thanks

Nuke
01-21-2005, 12:35 PM
Just wear them. I dont know about harmfull shit in it, all I thought it contained was glycerin and fentanyl but who knows. All I know is fentanyl is dangerous shit to fuck around with.

Paregoric Kid
01-21-2005, 03:29 PM
the back of the packet it comes in says: inactive ingredients (that is inactive if you don't eat it or smoke it I guess) hydroxyethyl cellulose, ethylene vinyl-acetate copolymer. maybe it's not bad, I have no idea. Does anyone here know if any of that stuff is really going to kill your liver or any other organ if you ingest it. here is what it says, this is from heroinhelper.com
A Reader Cautions
I read your stories on Fentanyl and the contents of the Duragesic® patches. A relative of mine works for an in-home nursing care program where they administer strong drugs to the patients. When they die, the nurses confiscate these so they don't fall into the "wrong" hands. Needless to say, I have gotten my hands on some pretty heavy stuff over the years: 160 mg OxyContin®, morphine ampuls, and especially Duragesic®.

These patches come in various strengths that have a total Fentanyl content of between 2.5 mg (releasing 25 micro-grams per hour) and 10 mg (releasing 100 micro-grams per hour). In other words, huge amounts. I have cut any number of these open, and ran a q-tip inside to extract some of the fluid. After all the juice inside the patch was gone, I would cut the remaining empty patch into pieces and chew on it with delight.

After about 4 months of doing this with a case of 35 10 mg patches, I was admitted to the hospital with a liver problem. The solution inside Duragesic® caused my liver to nearly explode. My enzymes were over 10,000--unbelievably high. This was not the result of the Fentanyl; it was the result of the other stuff in the patches.

My advice is: don't mess with these patches. Use them as directed unless you are one seriously knowledgeable chemist and know how to extract the Fentanyl from the glycerine and the alcohol. Even then, who would be ballsy enough to test your first draft? Death row inmates?

That's just my two cents. Happy using!

by Yeah Right © 2003
Last Modified: 10 January 2004

Paregoric Kid
01-21-2005, 03:31 PM
I'm not worried about having an OD, I'm concerned if there really is any risk at eating the goop. I know a LOT of people who eat these once in a while, but that one person apparently ate them all the time and reported liver problems.
but they did mention something about glycerine being the cause I don't know, I should probably just google all the ingredients to see what they do but I wanted to see if there was a way of extracting just the fentanyl.
anyone else ever hear about diving into vet trash to find shit? someone on another board said that sometimes the place he worked at would throw out ampules of ketamine, hydromorphone, etc. with some left in it, into the regular garbage. Me and a friend are going to investigate some local garbage heh hope we find something good.

bi11i
01-21-2005, 04:07 PM
someone on another board said that sometimes the place he worked at would throw out ampules of ketamine, hydromorphone, etc. with some left in it, into the regular garbage. Me and a friend are going to investigate some local garbage heh hope we find something good.
i wouldn't hold your breath, my friend....

Paregoric Kid
01-21-2005, 04:57 PM
yeah I know I'm probably only getting my hopes up, but from everything else I've read fentanyl patches are almost always thrown in regular trash with some gel left in them. one of my friends has worked in a bunch of nursing homes and says they always throw the old patches in the regular garbage.
I was more hoping to find half used fentanyl patches which is a lot more likely than little drops of hydromorphone left in a bottle, but I can always dream lol
but fuck going through a nursing homes garbage, there should be a lot less shit to route through in a vets trash than a large nursing homes trash
the worst that can happen is finding nothing but trash, anything else is a plus
speaking of used fentanyl patches in the trash, a friend of mine asked the doctor about getting them in addition to their methadone and the doc said "you don't want that stuff, you'll have junkies going through your garbage to lick used patches" lol ain't it the truth doc

jacky
01-24-2005, 07:24 PM
man, you are hardcore, not that I am above such things, I am sure that I would smoke some of that gel, or at least would have. I did plenty stupid and risky things that were probably far less sanitary when using heroin. spill over ratios and outdated medications, and leftover fentynal patches are the stuff of junkies dreams. the ketamine I used to do was the product of spillover from a vets office. I had a freind who discharged himself from a portland re-hab, and on his way to score dope downtown he saw a bottle of cough syrup in the window af an antique store, it was full of opium tincture. this guy used to pull water out of toilets to shoot up with, so drinking a bottle of seriously outdated medicine was nothing. he got wasted.

bi11i
01-24-2005, 09:11 PM
this guy used to pull water out of toilets to shoot up with, so drinking ....hey, i know a guy like that.....

Paregoric Kid
01-25-2005, 08:14 PM
interesting thing to add, an old junkie friend of mine, and I mean old, he says back in the 70s he got morphine syrettes from some ww2 army ration and said the needle was fucking huge so they squeezed the morphine into orange juice and drank it. also said some guy used to look for where the outhouses were and would dig up on properties to try and find bottles of laudnum, canabis tincture, shit like that and I guess he did some vintage shit and he said he had cocaine hcl and they all did something. all of that shit was like more than 50 years old except the syrettes and they still did something. pretty interesting. I have a good story about the vet trash I'll type up later

cate
02-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Want to know where I throw my garbage away? :) So much of the stuff is still in the patches after the three days.

Seriously, fentanyl can be pretty dangerous, but you build up a tolerance very quickly. Wearing the patches can be quite slow, but there are places on the body which absorb quicker than others. When you figure that the doses in the Actiq "lollypops" are a lot higher, that should not be too dangerous. The Actiq does not have so much dangerous added "other stuff."

Paregoric Kid
02-02-2005, 07:16 PM
I don't really prefer fentanyl, it makes me walk weird and it doesn't have the same feel of most other opiates. of course I've never tried IV fentanyl so I don't know. I do know that free patches are fun. any details to your garbage can would be much appreciated;) lol

COLONELWAYNE
02-27-2005, 12:38 PM
EATING FENTANYL GEL DOES WREACK HAVOC ON YOUR LIVER .IF YOU WANT TO SEE HOW MUCH,EAT 2 OR 3 25MG PATCHES A DAY AND SLEEP ON FRESH WHITE SHEETS THAT NIGHT AND AFTER ALL THE NITE SWEATS AND NIGHTMARES YOU ARE GOING TO ENDURE ,LOOK AT THE COLOR OF THE SHEETS WHERE YOU HAVE LAID.MINE LOOKED LIKE THE BURIAL SHROUD OF CHRIST SHOWN ON THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL.IN MY OPINION SERIOUSLY THIS DRUG AND METHOD IS ONE OF THE MOST DAMAGING UNCALCULATED RISK THAT YOU CAN TAKE AS FAR AS RISKING THE POSSIBILITY OF LONG TERM LIVER DAMAGE.AND EVEN SO THE LIVER WILL EVENTUALLY HEAL ITSELF IF GIVEN AMPLE TIME AND PROPER DIET TO DO SO.NO BUZZ TO ME IS WORTH DYING OVER SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY AT 20 30 OR 40(WHICH I JUST TURNED AND REALLY FEEL IT) IF I HAD KNOWN I WAS GOING TO LIVE THIS LONG,I'D HAVE TAKEN BETTER CARE OF MYSELF.HAHA!

deepinsyn
02-27-2005, 05:49 PM
Wow, guys at this point do you really have to question if the stuff is harmful to your liver or life, I mean come on you are already going through garbage and shit to get your shit...lol....I just think it funny, cause we all sometimes do some way out shit for our shit...carpet creeping, I've done that...trash digging, okay i did that too, but it was my trash, my shit, my dumb ass threw out........yes, I did find it and what a wonderful day that was....LOL

bmorefun62
03-11-2005, 08:29 AM
i just got a patch but this new one has no gel in it is there a way to smoke this kind of patch or what

Nuke
03-11-2005, 05:07 PM
what no gel in a fentanyl patch? Give the name of the product . Plus smoking fentanyl aint good, it dosent sumblimate very well.

Chevelle
03-31-2005, 06:48 AM
I don't really prefer fentanyl, it makes me walk weird and it doesn't have the same feel of most other opiates. of course I've never tried IV fentanyl so I don't know. I do know that free patches are fun. any details to your garbage can would be much appreciated;) lol

I've OD'd TWICE on fentanyl IV. I had enough of an ego to think I could calculate dilution of the gel with water and inject a proper microgram amount, but in the rush to get high, I probably messed up by a decimal point or two. Both times I turned purple and I got lucky with someone finding me and calling 911. Nasty stuff -- I swore off it since I'm obviously not smart enough to use it in a manner that won't kill me.

14bzd
04-12-2005, 07:21 AM
is there any method of getting just the fentanyl out of the patches. I've used the patches many times. the first I just stuck the damn thing on my neck and put a sticker over it LOL

someone tells me that many half used patches can be found in the garbage can of a certain vet office ;)

anyways my question is, how do you get the fentanyl out if you don't want to wear it. I've smoked it but I've read on heroinhelper.com that there is a lot of really bad shit in it. a lot of people just eat the gel, but there have been reports of liver failure because of the bad shit in it. don't feel like doing anymore damage to my liver and I'm sure it's not good for your lungs, but I guess I could always just wear the damn things.
thanks
I understand what you are attempting however the ingredients that accompany the fentanyl in the patch are more than just fentanyl and glycerin, glycerin is an alcohol and has an affinity to stimulate certain enzymes of the liver and over time, weeks to months, shall take its toll via the liver. The over stimulated enzyme production (which can and is usually fatal immediaely or later on in the course of its continued use) is a direct cause of ingesting the glycerine as well as the adhesive that is not easily removed. You see the liver has a hard time processing the adhesive and glycerine which is a polymer so it fights back by stimulating enzymes to destroy the foreign matter. This is where you will run into a lot of health problems. All not a laughing matter, these symptoms and enzyme production can and has been known to kill. ( I DON'T MEAN TO BE A BUZZKILL, JUST TELLING YOU THE FACTS, I SEE A LOT OF THESE TYPES OF PROBLEMS IN THE OFFICE AND THE FINAL DIAGNOSIS IS USUALLY TERMINAL ) You would need a full laboratory to extract the pure fentanyl. Remember also that it occurs as the base form in the patch so it is recommended that one is to extract it via 3-5ml syringe (sterile) after squeezing all contents to one side of patch. Using a beaker at room temperature reflux the solution that you extract in a 1:10-1:50 citric acid:distilled water solution for about 2 hours under vacuo at 112 degrees fahrenheit. You then turn it into the citrate salt which is less potent but yeilds more of the product, only some of the glycerin shall be evaporated or displaced and a lot of byproducts shall remain, these are the adhesive(s) used in production for adherence to the skin. (these are the dangerous substance(s) that induce the liver enzymes causing amongst other things, jaundice and liver impairment and or failure. It is a lose lose situation and is not recommended. but this is just for FYI, anywho the precipitate (crystals at the bottom after reflux and heat{controlled 112 degrees F} can be taken sublingually - UNDER TONGUE}) IMPORTANT- MAKE SURE TO DO THE MATH AND DOSE ACCORDINGLY...200ug (.25 mg) - not mg - is a starting dose; dependent on your tolerance this should be successful...DO NOT EXCEED 2-4 mg , you see patches contain a certain amount of fentanyl the 100ug/hr patch contains 10mg of the free-base and so on (i.e. 75ug/hr=7.5mg)....for medical/litigation purposes !!!!DO NOT TRY THIS AT ALL! I DO NOT CONDONE ILLICIT USE OF ANY CONTROLLED DRUG. !!!!
Now that the formalities are out of the way remember never to inject neither the salt or especially the free-base for this can cause severe phlebotic distress as well as cardiac problems and death. Just wear the damn thing and be safe, you can increase the intake by placing a heating pad over the patch on the skin for short periods.

jacky
04-12-2005, 10:42 AM
this heating pad technique sounds like the best bet for experimentiation.

Paregoric Kid
04-13-2005, 06:09 AM
that is very interesting and thanks for the info

check out this info I found on bluelight
F'ing Genuis!!!!! Duragesic Use Solved! 23-03-2005 22:51 (#2884381)
After about 2 weeks of searching for how to sucessfully cut open and share a duragesic patch I have finnally found the answer!!!!!!!!!
All most every post I read, said just cut open the patch and eat the gel... but there are a few problems with that, mainly that when you eat it your consuming a buch of binders and nasty stuff, plus the fentanyl doesnt have much time to asorb. Also the patch can be a bitch to cut open and try cutting it in several piece to share. Whats the solution you ask? Ahhh Ha! Freeze the patch! Yup! Freeze that bitch, cut it up, peel only one side of the plastic off and pop it between your gum & cheek. Let it sit there for a bit, and youve got a damn efficiant means of transmucosal absorption. FUCKING BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you know whats really irronic? I got that info from the DEA's website, and then seconded the info from some PDF file that the company who produces the generic form of Duargesic was arguing that thier product had an equal abuse rate as the old version. Who woulda thought the DEA and a random memo from a drug company would teach you how to better abuse their product. Ha!

DexterMeth
23-03-2005 22:54 (#2884390)
Can you seperate the gel, or whatever form it is, from the plastic patch, when you've frozen it? I basically want to know if you can gel the drug on its on, without the patch bullshit.

23-03-2005 22:55 (#2884391)
This method also works well with water if your too poor to afford a cup.

ItchySkratchy
23-03-2005 22:57 (#2884396)
well there ya go!! Just remember that there still is no way to accurately distriblute the fent to all sides of the patch, so if you're cutting it up into 4's, one of you is undoubtedly going to be getting more fent than the other 3.....

good method you figured out though.....

shoegazer
23-03-2005 23:00 (#2884408)
true, but I think you can avoid the uneven distribution if you squish the patch real well while its still in the wrapper. Its not a perfect method, but its better than anything else Ive seen suggested. Now as far as extracting the Fent, thats too difficult. It has to be done in a lab, via means of Lipid solubility, and who wants to go messing with that? Oh, wait.. I re-read your post, yes, you can peel the frozen gel completely away from all the plasic parts of the patch and hold it between your gum & cheek.

ItchySkratchy
23-03-2005 23:28 (#2884484)
have you actually tried it yet though???? Does the gel freeze well??? just curious.....

skeetos
27-03-2005 16:11 (#2894114)
shit someone has to have experience freezin the things...I'm gettin a 7.5 shortly here and wanna know if i should go through the trouble of waiting for it to freeze. Also, how long does it take to freeze? And once its frozen the goo just peels off? With little to no residue left on the plastic part...god i'm excited.

blackdog
04-24-2005, 10:27 PM
i'm amazed in total awww,just when you think all the craziest of intellectual genious(smart) folk are limited to the few sites of our interests paregorickid go's and hit's a homerun nice find P.K./i'm still not sure (afraid) what to do with my duragesics. doi:drool:

jcdpoop
06-13-2005, 05:10 PM
first off, your liver will explode if you eat the patches. smoking? are you people retarded? and there is no gel in them anymore, i get em prescribed to me. and wearing them doesnt get you jammed. if it does, thats pathetic.

Paregoric Kid
06-13-2005, 09:58 PM
I don't doubt that vaporizing produces effects but it's probably wasteful. They still make the gel patches, I'm currently enjoying one, but there are brands that don't have gel I think they are generics, I could be wrong. Tried the ear thing but my hair got in the way and it was awkward having a patch on the side of my face, would have been good to try years back when I had a mohawk lol. if you take the gel can you just place it behind you ear, would that work? I don't usually use patches though but won't turn them down if it's all I can find.

Peripat
06-14-2005, 12:03 AM
if you take the gel can you just place it behind you ear, would that work?

No reason why it shouldn't. I imagine it'd hit you a fair bit quicker than via the patch, though, so caution is recommended. Small amounts being better than a big fat OD, naturally!

Buckshot
09-05-2005, 11:35 PM
I cant believe I havent noticed this thread before. Because as it happens I have been smoking fent from patches of and on over the years. And I have a super easy method to get it pretty dam pure.

Just get some 99% isopropyl alcohol...the kind they sell at the drug store for a buck or two.

I squeeze the contents of about 5, 100mcg patches into the alcohol. Let it sit there for about 15 mins. The fent dissolves into the alcohol which its highly soluable in. The goo collects into a ball usually by itself but you can play with it to get it to clump.

To know all the goods are in the alcohol solution just pick the ball of goo out with a fork let it dry which only takes a few minutes becuase alcohol dry so fast. Then simply taste the goo with your tongue. It will not taste like anything....It tastes empty, like goo without fent in it. Or the opposite taste of eating the goo. Then after removing the ball of goo just fry the alcohol. Dont need any heat just a fan and its dry in an hour or two.

Thr crystals you scrape from the plate must be almost pure. You place what looks like a few grains of salt in a pipe and your wasted. Its better to keep the direct flame off it, but it doesnt really matter that much.

Trust me this is a super easy fool proof way to get what some people call china white. Just a simple alky soak. Yup thats it......and I have tested this multiple times. 5 large patches of 100mcg each will get you what looks like fuck all, but trust me thats enough to kill someone. And when you smoke it the stuff hits you right away....no waiting means less chance of thinking you didnt do enough so you eat more when it just hasnt hit you yet, and getting sick. Its easier to regualte dosage this way....plus more fun.

But the thing about fent is the buzz is so short only an hour or 2. The WD's are really intense because it leaves your system almost all at once....but the WD is only 48hrs.

THIS WORKS!!!! No chems needed not even any heat...enjoy!!

red26
09-07-2005, 01:16 AM
My favorte extraction method for the patches is making a tincture in a small bottle with an eye dropper. Alittle lemon juice, alittle rumple mintz schnapps and just let it sit for a few days, shaking it as often as you think about it. Last time I did it I chopped up a 50 and a 75mcg.,mg, whatever. Work was killing me this one day in particular and I squweezed out three droppers full. That was at 10:30, the rest of the day just flew by with such grace it will forever be in my memories.:D

poonwhalla
09-07-2005, 02:38 AM
mmmm yummy probably be good with some hot choclate or some coffiee. Cheers to chasing w/count!!!!!!!!!Whats that about 125!

muz
09-07-2005, 11:54 AM
, i get em prescribed to me. and wearing them doesnt get you jammed. .

I hesitate to mention this because fentanyl can be very dangerous, so DON'T TRY THIS, especially without a tolerance. One way possible (I've heard:) to speed up apsorbtion when wearing the patches is to carefully cut out the INSIDE wall of the patch, leaving only the square border of adhesive(so it'll stick to your skin not leaking anything and look like a normal patch), and trying not to spill any of the contents. A small swiss army knife scissors will work well, and you've got to be quick and careful about it. If you mess up and can't get it to stay on you without leaking, try scotch tape. Cutting (or removing) the inside wall (the part that adheres directly to your skin, and only lets through a certain amount of fentanyl every hour) RAPIDLY speeds absorption thus getting you "jammed" or opiated.
The adhesive that they use also contains fentanyl, so in the interest of not "ABUSING" drugs (by WASTING" them:) you can stick the leftover square on yourself as well.
AGAIN.. PLEASE BE CAREFUL. Seriously. If it's your first time trying this, just cut a small hole, don't remove the entire barrier. OR just wear the damn thing like normal if you've never tried it. People i know (even with a tolerance) can get a good feeling from just normal use of the patch, AND this way it'll last for 3 days. If you cut out the barrier, it'll last for a much shorter time.
EVEN with a large tolerance, the 1st time my friend tried this he puked repeatedly. AND he had NEVER thrown up because of opiate intoxication before. DANGEROUS, extremely..

paesan
09-07-2005, 12:11 PM
first off, your liver will explode if you eat the patches. smoking? are you people retarded? and there is no gel in them anymore, i get em prescribed to me. and wearing them doesnt get you jammed. if it does, thats pathetic.

I'll generally wear 2 of the 100mcg patches at a time and that gets me pretty fucking jammed for quite a while and I have a fairly high tolerance. Doesn't last 72hours though. By the end of 48hrs theres basically no gel left in the patch (the ones I get definetely have gel by the way) so I'll cut em open and roll some cigarettes around inside. I generally can get about 5 or 6 cigs competely soaked in the remaining gel. That gets you torn the fuck up but only for like 10 or 15 minutes each time, so it kinda sucks.

Like an idiot I've chewd on the gel-less patches a couple of times and got destroyed, but after I got sick as hell & pissed almost brown for a day on both occasions I figured I was probably kicking the shit out of my liver so that was the end of that.

So yes smoking does work, and wearing them can get you jammed.

HeidiW
09-11-2005, 03:23 PM
Damn, I feel pretty frickin' lucky after reading all this. I've broke down the gel patches twice and shot them, not giving a second thought at time. They were 75's. I remember being real fucked up, but the high didn't last long. I'll think twice about shooting up a Fentenyl patch next time, (or at least find out how to do it without od'ing.)
Maybe not though. The talk about liver damage is sobering- my liver is in horrible shape.

SomniGod
10-02-2005, 09:04 PM
ok~ i got a patch... 100mcg... anyway, I want to blasted, but I have a problem with "having to be sober in the evenings." Nodding out at the dinner table will not be in my best interest...so I am concerned about wearing it. I'd like it to last the three days I hear about. Seeing as we have quite a few 'seasoned' users of the patch.... what opinions do ya have for someone in my position. I can not get opiates easily! Actually, it's really fricken hard... so I want it to last!

Also, if the patch dries out.... does that mean it is now inactive? Can you wear one (with *tiny* holes poked into the 'skin-side') for a few hours, then remove it (and how long will it take before I sober up) then put it back on after 4-5 hours? Basically, I want to get high from 10 am till 6pm...then again from 11pm till...welll whenever..... anyway... I appreciate all opinions.

Also, this has been a killer thread.....best i've read in a while!

~S~

DaOxyMan
10-03-2005, 12:30 PM
hey im new to patches too. buddy recently got prescribed 2.5mg/25mcg/hr fent patches. He gives me the leftovers every three days for free, to help with my H and oxy withdrawls...Theoretically, each leftover should have about .7mg left of fent in it...oh and he gets the ones that have the gel in them too. I have ate only two of them before, and to almost no effect...Both times they helped cure the sickness of w/d, but I did not feel even the SLIGHTEST buzz. I now have a little stockpile of 3 leftovers, and i'm wondering if i'm doing something wrong? Do you actually place the gel directly on your skin? I've tried letting it dissolve on my tongue, under the tongue and swallowing some of it..but i'm not interested in doing it more than a couple more times as i wish to keep my liver, but hell they're free and i'm outta H so i need to get messed up so someone please tell me how to get messed up off these garbage things!!

paesan
10-03-2005, 01:11 PM
I can get the patches all day long so I've experimented with them in quite a few different ways. I personally enjoy wearing them but do you have to wear enough of them (2 100mcg/hr patches do the trick for me, which is what I'm wearing now! I do actually take them for pain. I'm at work right now and work is a pain in my ass thanks to the patches I can't even feel my ass!!!).

If your wearing them and you need the buzz to kick in harder/faster just put a heating pad on it for about 20-30 minutes and it definetely kicks you right in the fucking head. Also I usually take one of the 1/2inch 28g (or smaller) insulin syringes and poke tiny holes on the sticky side of the patch before putting it on, when you do this just make sure you don't poke all the way through the patch. I find that poking holes shortens the duration of the patch high by about a day, but 48 straight hours of good strong heavy duty opiation is pretty damn good in my book, so I aint complaining. One thing you should know is if you wear it and plan on continuing to wear it DO NOT TAKE IT OFF!!! Not that it causes anything dangerous to happen it's just that I've found that removing the patch and trying to rewear it drastically cuts down on the buzz. Also it is very difficult to keep the patch on because the adheasive no longer will stick. Also if you do wear the patch try puttin it somplace where it won't get bent e.g. your chest, upper back, a few inches under your armpit, thigh, calf, etc...

Eating the gel works awesome in so far as the high, but if you do it for a couple of days you can tell it's doing some liver damage (pains in your sides and back, dark colored urine, malaise, pale yellowing complexion, just bad news altogether...). Smoking the gel in cigs works but for a short while (15-20 minutes) and may be a waste cause the cig keeps burning even when not smoked.

Smoking off foil (tried this last night) also works, it just doesn't last long either (10-15 minutes). The trick to that is to vaporize the gel until it dries up, then it will start to smoke and that's when you hit it (I put about a dime size blob on everytime).

I also discovered that you can take a nasal spray pump bottle, Mix some fent with some water and bit of ethanol (any clear high proof'l do) shake that bitch up and go nasally. This also has a short duration though a bit longer than smoking (30 minutes or so). Although I would imagine this may be just as detrimental to you liver as ingesting.

Another way I discovered works well is by cutting the patch, taking out some gel, and just rubbing it behind your ears. That way it bypasses the time release and helps more to be absorbed a lot faster.

voodoobudah
10-04-2005, 03:58 AM
I quit using over a year ago and I hesitate to post this, but in name of harm reduction I will.A couple of years ago a dude I know told me about patches and the way the people he knew did them.You know the little bottles of nasal saline solution you get at the dollar store for a buck?They would get one dump out the saline and empty the contents of one 100 mike patch into the empty bottle (the top spray end comes off easily),anyway they would cut a corner of the patch and squeeze the goop out into the bottle like toothpaste.Next they would refill the bottle with warm or hot water and replace the spray and the lid and shake for a couple minutes.I think you can guess the next step.Like I said this has been going on around here for a couple years and a gained popularity after a couple of fatal o.d.s,At least this way you can get buzzed and it should last at least a day,and you can guage your tolerance a lot better incrementally,and you can get blasted to the point you...well I' ve said enough

jacky
10-04-2005, 12:24 PM
a nurse who posts on this website has gone into detail about the dangers of using these patches any other way than intended. these patches have different chemicals than just the opioids. basically they are intended for short term use in patients who have chronic pain, or for patients who are dying. she stated that just using the patch as intended can cause liver destruction and death over time. some medicinal products are used in certain cases when the risk of the medication seems less than the problem at hand.

I know that the skin just behind the ear is an excellent port for dermal absorption........

peasan seems to have one of the better ideas, and backed up by experience, that using a heating pad will increase the effects. he does not seem like a person who has a low tolerance either.

SomniGod
10-06-2005, 07:35 AM
I do actually take them for pain. I'm at work right now and work is a pain in my ass thanks to the patches I can't even feel my ass!!!).

Hahahaha! LOL! That's f*ing GREAT!

Anyway, what I am getting out of the replies is that in my situation, the nasal solution bottle that Voodoobudah's friends were doing would be a good way for me to maximize usage without:
A.)nodding off with a patch on and waking up in the hospital
B.)having family come home and find me all fukkered-up
C.)having the gel dry up and losing the goodies

Anyone have any other suggestions?

~S~

oldschool?
10-06-2005, 08:31 PM
the adhesive(s) used in production for adherence to the skin.

when i came across one o them patches i read all the info and thought i avoided all of the adhesive by simple puncturing a hole on the outside of the patch (after first pushing all the gell into the corner) so that all the adhesive was left on the opposide side of the chamber the gell came out of - i figure the membrane is one way so their shouldn't be any adhesive mixed with the gell-am i wrong - we heated it gently untill you couldn't smell the alcohol any more - not sure if this damaged any of the active ingredient?? it did'nt serve much purpose for me being on methadone but this method stopped by buddy from being sick from a 2.5 - it sound like the gell is just as bad as the adhesive but anyway - just sharing the info -the things wont do much to me -

duke_nemmerle
10-12-2005, 02:59 PM
this heating pad technique sounds like the best bet for experimentiation.
That's what I was going to recommend as well, bravo to both of you.

Honestly though, I'd be careful even doing that, it apparently catalyzes the release of the patch but I've heard stories of people who were in legitimate localized pain who had applied a fentanyl patch and a heating pad(naively, not trying to amplify the buzz) and almost killed themselves by causing too much of the drug to be released. If you are going to use the pad to catalyze the release just be sure to monitor your buzz and don't go under.

As others have noted, Fentanyl is absolutely NO SHIT at all. Though one of the best feelings in the world, it's enormously potent and if taken other than intended will cause a HUGE increase in tolerance(at least it did for me)

EDIT: another thing I had read about that I haven't tried or might not even work is to try to get the gel to adhere to a q-tip and holding the q-tip in your nose. No honest clue about if this would prevent absorbtion of the polymers or not, so I can't really recommend it one way or another

DaOxyMan
10-12-2005, 03:31 PM
so if you're putting it behind the skin of the ear, do you remove the gel from the patch, or do you just put the whole damn patch behind the ear(hope not)..i'm gettin frustrated with these damn nonsense patches i don't get high off them and i don't OD no matter how many i eat this is BS i don't even have that high of a tolerance..i think fentanyl is a placebo. that's right i said it it's a placebo you're all full of it, if anyone contacts me you can have all my patches cause they are GARBAGE...i'll trade them for a pack of marlboro lights because i haven't had a cig in 2 days and that will get me more fucked up than this patch i'm about to consume yet again...ok i'm done sorry

DaOxyMan
10-12-2005, 03:41 PM
here's a good way to get messed up off of these patches but it is time consuming:
1) eat one patch as often as possible (do NOT OD)
2) Continue until liver explodes
3) Go to Hospital
4) Recieve IV Morphine for pain from liver exploding
5) Enjoy Morphine buzz
6) Demand Painkillers for chronic pain
7) Go home
8) Abuse newfound painkillers

Fent problem solved!

paesan
10-12-2005, 07:30 PM
so if you're putting it behind the skin of the ear, do you remove the gel from the patch, or do you just put the whole damn patch behind the ear(hope not)..i'm gettin frustrated with these damn nonsense patches i don't get high off them and i don't OD no matter how many i eat this is BS i don't even have that high of a tolerance..i think fentanyl is a placebo. that's right i said it it's a placebo you're all full of it, if anyone contacts me you can have all my patches cause they are GARBAGE...i'll trade them for a pack of marlboro lights because i haven't had a cig in 2 days and that will get me more fucked up than this patch i'm about to consume yet again...ok i'm done sorry

Take the gel out and rub it behind your ear, that way it bypasses the time release. If it was still in the patch then the time release would still be there. Dude the patches are one of my favtorite. I have 2 100mcg/hr patches on that I put on last night and I'm feeling fucking great and Have been for almost 24 hours straight. Try squeezing a dime size blob onto a peice of tin foil, rub it all around one end until it is flatened out, light it underneath with a lighter and inhale the vapors, that should get you jamned.

DaOxyMan
10-14-2005, 12:14 AM
thanks man thats all i needed to know! i was worried if i took the gel out and put it on the skin directly if it would dry and be a waste but if thats a good way to use it and avoid death/injury by liver explosion than so be it! thanks man good luck with your patches!

shaunclo
10-17-2005, 01:13 PM
DaOxyMan, that step-by-step post you wrote was fuckin hillarious, I was rollin on the floor laughin. Thanks for the lift!!!

oldschool?
10-17-2005, 02:21 PM
I the adhesive(s) used in production for adherence to the skin. (these are the dangerous substance(s) that induce the liver enzymes causing amongst other things, jaundice and liver impairment and or failure. Now that the formalities are out of the way remember never to inject neither the salt or especially the free-base for this can cause severe phlebotic distress as well as cardiac problems and death. Just wear the damn thing and be safe, you can increase the intake by placing a heating pad over the patch on the skin for short periods.

i get some mixed messages from these post (i'm getting deja vu - i could swear i already quoted the above and asked one of these questions...) so i'll be more specific.

in light of the above quote - did the people (who posted above) with the liver dammage actually ingest the part of the patch that that contains the adhesive?
the one time i had a box of these things i read all the paperwork it came with and thought i was avoiding all the adhesive by puncturing the outside of the patch to squish the gell out-i assume the transdermal membrane is one way so i don't see why the adhesive would be any concern with this method...no?

of course the second half of the above quote suggests that even the gell without adhesives is still dangerous to i.v....but for different reasons...

duke_nemmerle
10-17-2005, 02:38 PM
i get some mixed messages from these post (i'm getting deja vu - i could swear i already quoted the above and asked one of these questions...) so i'll be more specific.

in light of the above quote - did the people (who posted above) with the liver dammage actually ingest the part of the patch that that contains the adhesive?
the one time i had a box of these things i read all the paperwork it came with and thought i was avoiding all the adhesive by puncturing the outside of the patch to squish the gell out-i assume the transdermal membrane is one way so i don't see why the adhesive would be any concern with this method...no?

of course the second half of the above quote suggests that even the gell without adhesives is still dangerous to i.v....but for different reasons...

I think even without the adhesive some of the ingredients which are 'inactive' when worn can actually cause liver damage. I think I read in this thread that there was a polymer in the gel that caused liver damage

MadManApothecary
10-18-2005, 02:38 PM
Alright, Alright everyone is getting a little too excited over the frozen duragesic. You have to be incredible careful with those things because the solution inside the patches not only is dangerous because of binders and such but the fentynal itself doesn't maintain an equal distribution in the solution, so therefore you might get 50 mcg grams out of one drop or 3000 mcg out of another. I'm sure the majority of people that post or read here are careful but I've always been especially suspicious of fentynal, it can snowball ona person so easily and its always worked my over more then it seems to most other people, JUST BE CAREFUL!

SomniGod
10-18-2005, 06:04 PM
As to the potency of the plastic that the fentanyl gel is contained in is amazing. After being totally dry (all gel squeezed out) i was able to nod to the point of falling into my dinner... dropping cig after cig...etc.....JUST BY CHEWING the used patch! Be careful! It's got more than ya think. Also, don't swallow, save your spit for day 2! Eeeewwwwww!!!!!!

~S~

jacky
10-31-2005, 03:42 AM
glycerin is a compound that is used in candy making, and other consumable products, and also a component of KY heat lubricant....glycerin has a strange sweet heating flavor/sensation.

I read a post at entheogen.com about people using glycerin as a carrier agent for drugs, seems the tobacco scientists came up with a glycerin ball coated with nicotine carrier agent that was part of experimental smokeless cigarette creation.

seems like the liver problems might be coming from some other additive?

Or am I mistaken about my assumptions of glycerin?

duke_nemmerle
11-08-2005, 08:07 PM
glycerin is a compound that is used in candy making, and other consumable products, and also a component of KY heat lubricant....glycerin has a strange sweet heating flavor/sensation.

I read a post at entheogen.com about people using glycerin as a carrier agent for drugs, seems the tobacco scientists came up with a glycerin ball coated with nicotine carrier agent that was part of experimental smokeless cigarette creation.

Not sure, the glycerin suppositories I use, say ingestion is not wise, but who knows if this is due to an additive or not? Either way, there is some polymer in the patch substance that seems to have a horrible effect on the liver from what I've read

casperfromkidz
12-11-2005, 04:53 PM
what if you just took the shit out of the patch diluted it in some warm water and shot it up your ass? Has anyone tried it? if so how well did it work?

SomniGod
12-12-2005, 07:44 AM
can ya chew the hard plastic patches... I have a lil and don't wanna waste it... wish it was gel!!!!!

~S~

devilsdrug
12-12-2005, 08:12 AM
the patches with no gel just cut up to whatever dose you want and chew or put under tongue for an hour or so i asked these ? back when i came on here which is why i came on this site. anyway ive had no adverse reactiion other than 2 much first time to be in public and fuctioning unoticeable. nobody really knew with no real habit a package can last a long time. ive cut a 100 into as small as 1/32 or 1/16 since they only last about 4-6 hrs you can guage your use .

SomniGod
12-12-2005, 11:25 AM
SWIM chewed about 1/8 of a 100mcg fent patch... hard..not gel. He chewed for 3 hours. Kinda got high and some itches....tiny pupils...but no nod. He's kinda bummed. Better than nuthin, but he wishes it had been gel to smoke!!! any way to extract and brown?

~S~

hovadagod
12-26-2005, 05:30 PM
50mcg/ml

20ml

What should be done with this. I don't want to shoot alough thst's what the solution is for. It's fent Citrate. Can this be taken sublingually or ingested? It may contain sodium hydroxide or hydrochloric acid for PH but thst is only other ingredient (maybe water?).

steelheadwayne
12-27-2005, 02:24 AM
now im really jonesinnnnnnn...........im gonna lick a 2.5mg one. I'll report on it later.
.............PEACE

steelheadwayne
12-27-2005, 04:40 AM
well im not gonna lick one again. made me nauseated. .....taste like shit too.
is that alot to lick up in one shot cause i never even went on the nod....hmmmmmmmmm
...................PEACE................Wayne..... ...................<{{{><.........................

devilsdrug
12-27-2005, 06:43 AM
what kinda patches did you guys chew, gel or non gel (matrix) they look like scotch tape, ive only tried the non gel and have had great luck course im a light weight these days, ihave access to free ones and usually chew 1/16 at about 6am and another 1/16 around noon , get a yakkin like crazy buzz an hour into it each time no bad side effects. this is mostly a maintence type dose if i do more i do nod if i sit and stop runnin around, fen. is a way different drug havin shot a lot of it way back, quicker higher tolerance, worst wds but shorter duration. i could go on but its time to put my waders on and get my ass headin up the river.

steelheadwayne
12-27-2005, 07:19 AM
i had the "duragesic" gel one devils.
man i wish i was going to the river for some chrome........on a brighter note some of my bros have been getting some fresh steelies on my home river here in town.......so hopefully tomorrow if i dont stay up all night pissin around on this thing.........good luck bro and let me know if ya tag any.
.............PEACE..................Wayne......... .........<{{{><...............

ps.....my tolerance must be up there as i never got as much off it as i expected. but i heeded the warning not to OD...........a little is better than alot as i can try more the next time...but im not sure if its for me.................

duke_nemmerle
12-29-2005, 02:00 AM
damn wayne, you just got nauseated from the shit? no buzz? I've found fent patches to just be the gehenna when it comes to opie buzzes. I always got nauseated too, but it's because I was buzzed beyond belief

Ickyuck
12-30-2005, 12:52 AM
howdy, new here. i have a 25 patch here in my wallet. after a few days of research on the interenet, i've decided that the safest, most reasonable recreational way i can utilize this is thus: sticking it on my body, like its supposed to. i have a mild tolerence; i can get well jammed on about 40 or 50 mgs of straight up codeine. 30 feels good for a sad 20 minutes. any less dosage, and i can't feel it. so here i go. thing is, when do i stick it on? new year's holiday is saturday night, and i like to drink. i won't want to drink whilst having this fentanyl do its thing to me. should i do it now, before i go to sleep? then when i wake up, hopefully i'll feel somewhat good, if not dead, with death being the worst case scenerio ever. if it doesnt work, i'll rev up the hair dryer and warm that bitch up for play. ok, actually, i will do this tomorrow. i'd hate to wake up dead. if i get a fentanyl overdose, i'd rather be alive so i can yelp.

i promise i will post the results. are you curious too?

anaconda100
12-30-2005, 07:16 AM
Can I take the Fentanyl patch off for sleeping times, it feels like its going to waste if you use it in sleep? So basically if I sleep 8hours a night I could add 16 hours of affect?

paesan
12-30-2005, 08:52 AM
howdy, new here. i have a 25 patch here in my wallet. after a few days of research on the interenet, i've decided that the safest, most reasonable recreational way i can utilize this is thus: sticking it on my body, like its supposed to. i have a mild tolerence; i can get well jammed on about 40 or 50 mgs of straight up codeine. 30 feels good for a sad 20 minutes. any less dosage, and i can't feel it. so here i go. thing is, when do i stick it on? new year's holiday is saturday night, and i like to drink. i won't want to drink whilst having this fentanyl do its thing to me. should i do it now, before i go to sleep? then when i wake up, hopefully i'll feel somewhat good, if not dead, with death being the worst case scenerio ever. if it doesnt work, i'll rev up the hair dryer and warm that bitch up for play. ok, actually, i will do this tomorrow. i'd hate to wake up dead. if i get a fentanyl overdose, i'd rather be alive so i can yelp.

i promise i will post the results. are you curious too?

You want to put the patch somewhere it won't bend e.g. your upper back/shoulder blade, thigh, chest, just under your arm etc...Also try not to put it someplace with a lot of hair cuz that bitch will hurt like a mufucka coming off. If you do put it someplace it bends frequently it'll start to fall off rather quickly.

If you're getting jammed off of codeine the patch is going to blow your head off. What is the total mg or the mcg/hr of the patch??? I ask because a 10mg 100mcg/hr patch could kill you. You may even want to be careful with the 7.5mg 75mcg/hr patches too...but you'd probably be alright with that.

paesan
12-30-2005, 08:55 AM
Can I take the Fentanyl patch off for sleeping times, it feels like its going to waste if you use it in sleep? So basically if I sleep 8hours a night I could add 16 hours of affect?

You really shouldn't take the patch off...when you do the adhesive will never fully stick again and the patch really loses it's potency. Everytime I did that I ended up just cutting the bitches open and fucking with the gel. So all you really do is lose the effect rather than gain any...

Ickyuck
12-30-2005, 09:22 AM
p, i have the 25 mcg/h one. and it says it has 2.5 mgs of fent in it (i guess its generic, "sandoz" brand). i found some little css table the other day that converts amounts of codeine, oxy, hydro, etc into equivalent fent doses. so.. i guess i have the weakest one, so to speak. i have mixed feelings about killing myself, maybe i should see a lawyer before i do this? har har.

also, what happens if you drink on this shit? anytime i drink when i take codeine, it totally ruins the high. i have a steady availability of t4's, so thats what i take. also, being available meaning that they are there but i can't dip in too far lest someone, er, notice... if you know what i mean.

post post edit: also, i forgot that t4's have 60 mgs of codeine in it. so, i guess 180 mgs of codeine is my usual intake. i have to alternate the days i take it, becuase if i repeat the action the next day, sadly i can't feel shite.

paesan
12-30-2005, 09:41 AM
I drink on everything but I am an Opiomonster so you shouldn't use me as an example (what I do for breakfast would kill most big game animals). Drinking is going to change the high if you drink a lot, but in small amounts alcohol potentiates opioids...once you do get drunk it will overpower the high so keep that in mind.

Ickyuck
12-30-2005, 10:00 AM
aye, master p, i bet you take on a mean brunch! see, i can't compromise that warm gushy t4 feeling, thus i'd rather not drink. i care too much to have that perfect, flushed face high altered.

so back to the fentanyl... you all think i'm ok with the 2.5 mg? i'm getting antsy all ready.

paesan
12-30-2005, 10:33 AM
Yeah I don't think a 2.5mg patch would kill a baby, so I think you'll be alright. That's a fairly low dose patch...good to test the waters with.

Ickyuck
12-30-2005, 12:08 PM
alright. i'll slap it on when i get home soon. i'd like to try placing it on my radial artery area, maybe that will be a good spot for absorption. also, i can hide the damn thing with a big fat watch.

Mokelly
12-30-2005, 12:46 PM
Want to know where I throw my garbage away? :)

Yes that would be great! could you pm me? lol

Ickyuck
12-30-2005, 05:36 PM
i ended up actually putting in on my left shoulder. hey, this patch is pretty cool. it was clear, with the goo inside. it smelled medicinal, almost creepy; here is this ultra potent stuff, glinting harmlessly, just suspended between layers of clear material. now, should i bust out the heating pad?

i want to smoke a bowl too, but i'll hold off.

thbronze
01-10-2006, 08:47 AM
Don't know about that Whats anyones exp. with fentanyl IM?Do you any good or just a pain in the ass?ha ha

SomniGod
01-10-2006, 02:00 PM
Don't know about that Whats anyones exp. with fentanyl IM?Do you any good or just a pain in the ass?ha ha

I personally haven't messed with IV or IM fent..... but if you read through the fent posts...there are some SERIOUS horror stories about fent 'n' needles.... so please be f$%*ing careful. Fent is my fav of fav's!!!! A 120mcg gel patch will make my mouth water and palms sweat.....

~S~

anaconda100
01-17-2006, 03:20 PM
I just got 25ug Durogesic patches. (In europe its called durogesic, not duragesic). But in patch there is not any visible gel or it seems that way, it is just a really thin layer of plastic with glue on the other side??? What the hell is this, have they changed the patch somehow to stop abusing use of patches or some other reasons???Does anybody know how these kind of new (propably) patches CAN be abused to get high??? Or am I mistaken and this is normal patch?

paesan
01-17-2006, 04:39 PM
I've heard about the hard patches but I've never seen one. I allways thought it was a generic formulation that came like that, not the brand name. I've had the brand name Duragesics and they were allways gel.

I believe you can still cut the patch up into little peices and chew on it to get high. If you have enough just wearing the patch will get you off...but the 25mcg patches won't get anyone with any kind of tolerance off at all, so you're better off just chewing. Also I'm not sure if the hard gel patches are as bad for you're liver as the gel patches, so let's assume they are. Just be very careful as not to do too much for too long, you don't want to go and kill your liver now do you???

SomniGod
01-17-2006, 05:08 PM
chewing the 'hard patch' was not at all like chewing a gel patch---hardly felt anything from chewing 1/6 of a 100mcg patch (hard).... I would use the heating pad technique.

~S~

paesan
01-17-2006, 05:14 PM
Somi knows what's up on the hard patches so I'd listen to him...although the 2.5mg patch won't do anything to anyone with a tolerance if you wear it, but if chewing it also doesn't work than that's probably the best way to go.

Looks like the pharma co's found another way to fuck with our fun...bastards.

devilsdrug
01-17-2006, 06:17 PM
hay i dont have the tolerance those 2 characters have but under the tongue with a cut up non gel (matrix) 100 works good for me its easier to time the high 4-5 hrs.

paesan
01-18-2006, 09:45 AM
DD's got a LOT of experience with Opies so if he says it works then it works.

But like I said it's a tolerance factor. 2.5mg of Fent=roughly 250mg of Oxycodone so do the math. Cut the patch in 4ths 62.5mg, 5ths 50mg, 10ths 25mg, etc...

jab
01-18-2006, 11:09 AM
There was a way to enjoy these (goo-less patches) posted on ADH, sometime ago, by someone who is very knowledgeable. The process is such, in a nutshell.. Cut the patch to a desired size that can fit inside your mouth on one cheak. Put some IPA (isopropyl alchohol) in a syringe, sans needle, and spray just a bit of IPA on your inside cheak; this will irritate the cheaks membrane to speed absorbtion. Then take the cut peice of patch and put in against the inside of your cheak, where you put the few drips of IPA, and use the syringe to put more IPA on the patch once it's in place. The IPA on the patch helps break down the fent and speeds it through the cellulose membrane. From time to time spray a few more drops of IPA on the patch. If you have a high tollerance you can put one on either cheak at the same time.

Beware though, this is not for someone without a tollerance to opiates, and it will make the patch work rather quickly.

Good luck!

Somi knows what's up on the hard patches so I'd listen to him...although the 2.5mg patch won't do anything to anyone with a tolerance if you wear it, but if chewing it also doesn't work than that's probably the best way to go.

Looks like the pharma co's found another way to fuck with our fun...bastards.

paesan
01-18-2006, 02:19 PM
See I knew some OpioGenious would know wassup...

SomniGod
01-18-2006, 02:27 PM
nice! SWIM wishes he had known that! Damn! When SWIM chewed that bad-boy... he was mad disappointed after having a gel patch. Then again, he didn't IPA it...so maybe next time. Please post results!

~S~

ssd

devilsdrug
01-20-2006, 08:57 PM
well ive been sayin how i like the non gel patch it has been working good for me , but today because of extreme(yelling out loud) pain i sucked on a whole lot more and basically never got any higher or at least not much higher than my usual dose . im not sure how to explain this but maybe there body adsortion deal goin on here and thats why SG and P havent had much luck. So now the ol lady went beggin for me for meds ( she didnt know i already had a bunch of patches) from the same people who gave me the non gels and came back with a couple boxes of 10mgs gels , So now i will have to decide which way to go it wont be eating the gel though

northernstar
04-08-2006, 08:06 PM
here is my buddys method, for the gel type , take a large metal boiling unit....throw in all the scraped of gel, fill a 100unit syringe 16 times, squirting all the water in, boil over flame, tilt back and forth...do so for like 10 minn. if you dont know your tolerence try like 10 units or less,calibrate from there.
does anyone know how to extract from these new MYLAN type patches? there a silicone adhesive matrix, much smaller, like a clear nic patch....there boil proof. there chew proof. crappy results sunsituting water with white viniger, and/or mixing with ascorbic acid tablets. suppose lemon concentrate or ethenol will be the next attempts.....oh ya, use a cotton filter, and tilt to the non goo side, should get 20 good shots with reboiling.

devilsdrug
04-08-2006, 08:57 PM
they are not chew proof not the mylans i have i chewed an 1/8 of a 100mcg or 10mg the last 2 days in a row cause the grapefruit /tea was fukkin with my stomach and it was fine trust me i was sweatin like crazy buildin this redwood deck, since it doesnt last that long i added a vic later in the day and then a coca leaf chew after that ha am ever havin fun

northernstar
04-09-2006, 03:01 AM
the alchohol was a bust. the silicone matrix is a dow product, solvents are heptane, ethyl-acetate, and some shit i googled mentioned crap like pottasium hydroxide. i guess the heptane would evaporate,leaveing something. i have no heptane, but i seen it in a can like starter fluid..think it was for marine engines maybe. the others would prob kill me,fuck that. so i guess chewing is the best thing to try with these mylan patches. man i wanted a real shot tho.......

northernstar
04-13-2006, 09:44 PM
ok sucess in extracting from the MYLAN non-gel patch .....first, only puny amounts come off so i did all at once....this is prob dangerous. looked up the manufacturer ( dow chemical) of the "medical silicone adhesive" or silicone oligopolymer.. there recomended solvent is isopropanol, or isopropyl alchole. So i scraped all the goo off of the plastic backing since thats where the fentanyl is. rolled it all into 5 lil balls. place in spoon. added 80% isopropyl alchole from store..(purer would be better) and let sit, with working with end of plunger in spoon. let sit for about 1 hr. until most isoproply had evaporated. thru in small chunk of chewable vitamin c pill plus water. mix. cooked with lighter. dont blet boil too much, takeing lighter away to Avoid burning, also rock spoon. smell amount of leftover isoproply boiling off until is as minumal as possable. use cig-cotton as filter, inject. major eye fluttering, but still a good h-shot would have been preferable. repeated process for next shot. seemes ok........still theres some kind of ph-gradient factor inn the technicalk litiriture i dont iunderstand...that mixed with haveing ethyl acetate or heptane would result in much better shots iam sure....anyu ideas?

bugsymagoo
04-19-2006, 04:43 PM
it smears the gel on mirror .. it waits 24hours..... it chops the dried chem into powder.. it sniffs VERY SMALL amount..... pleeez dont turn blue

Bugsy

shaunclo
04-19-2006, 04:50 PM
. use cig-cotton as filter, inject.

Hey Star, please dont use cig-cotton man. That shit has so much crap in there. Use a q-tip and tear off a tiny bit and use that if you cant find any cotton balls around.

superman
04-19-2006, 11:43 PM
shaunclo is so right. only use cotton. personally i only use q-tip ends because the cotton is much more tightly packed than a cotton ball. and i try to put the needle tip on the thickest, most dense part of the cotton. i know i am getting good filtration when the rate of flow into the syringe is significantly slower.

We take enough risks as it is. skimping on a filter is like driving drunk without a seatbelt, <insert punchline here>

Curio
05-19-2006, 03:36 AM
In the newer patches, like the initial generic gel-free patches, the drug(fent) is "bound" within the adhesive....and the adhesive encompasses not only the "matrix" backing, but is WITHIN the gel itself...part of the time release and prevention of ppl "extracting" the best parts without considerable health risks.
(some patches have extra nasty added binders ALSO giving people elevated liver enzymes)
I chewed them, ate straight gel, tried the SL cheek method.....was always afraid to take too much and OD at work...huh huh...paramedic needs a medic, QUICK!!
Anyway, NEVER got high ONCE....got a little warm with the ole heating pad method, seriously...also developed an awful tolerance I hope to GOD never to meet again...those w/d were the worst, cause you never knew when they were coming on...the patch went from lasting 3 days to lasting maybe a day if I was lucky...even when I quit using the heating pad...guess my skin took a liking ? :)
It takes about 8 hours to get going on those patches because of the route of administration....and it sucks not knowing when the patch is "out" because you don't know until it's too late...I used up more good OC feeding that fent monkey NEVER want to :mad: see his ugly face around here again

bugsymagoo
05-29-2006, 10:37 PM
???Liver Problems???? -->> from ingesting the alchohol in the gel <<--- this is the BAD not-good-for-you type of alchohol. You have to remove it (evaporation) ??!!!

arrggg

Nandro
06-18-2006, 12:10 PM
This is all pretty new to me as I have been mystly a vic person for years. I had a stint where I had dem tabs for a while, because a buddy worked in a pharm mauf plant. I have a bunch of 100mcg patches and have been saving all the used ones. Tried putting the gell on cigarettes, eating it, but my tolorance is so high I don't know if it actually does anything. I take about 10 Dillys a day, and 15 10mg vic with my patch/or patches, depending on when I put them on I may leave the old one on a while longer. I have a script to fill on the 1st for 240 aqtiq pops 800mcg. I dont suppose I will have to worry about breaking open the old ones then. I have these legit because I broke my neck and back. I just want some descent pain relief. I mean all this stuff, and I still hurt. Its been a while since my back was fused and plated, and now I have scar tissue with bone fragments building up on it so its cutting the nerves. You guys dont think I'm killing myself with this stuff do ya?

superman
06-19-2006, 02:57 AM
Welcome to opiophile.org Nandro :)
10 dilly's of what strength? it sounds like you have quite the tolerance. if your current meds are not working perhaps some stronger dilly's are what is needed. you should know that 18 and 24mg hydromorphone(active ingredient in dilly's) time release capsules are available.

maybe it's time for your doctor to reassess your injuries, might be surgical intervention would help your achieve analgesia?

I hope you find relief

Nandro
06-19-2006, 06:36 AM
They are the 4's, I know there are 8's, but I think he's holding back because I am running out of options besides maybe the morphine pump or the electodes they implant in your spine. I get 60 100mg patches and 120 aqtiq, but I cant pick up my pop's till the 1st, thats whats throwing everything off. I do need surgury, but my insurance wont cover it, and last time the bill was a little over 600K. So management is my only option right now. I tried the behind the ear thing, and smoking in a cigarette and that didnt do jack. Maybe I am doing it wrong with the cigarette. The stuff dosent like to burn if its in a little lump. Is it ok to spread it real thin? I just need relief till the 1st without going out of my mind from pain. It literally feels like someone is cutting my spine with an exacto knife. I have about 5 months till my SS.DB trial goes to court and i can get my surgury. Any help appreciated.

superman
06-19-2006, 08:02 AM
60 patches every 3 months or something?? or do you wear 2-3 at a time?

fentanyl smokes properly only if perpared one way, but i don't reccomend smoking it for prolonged periods. after a couple weeks my chest gets congested if i have been smoking enuf fentanyl

cut the corner of a patch, squeeze gel onto a plate, spread gel thin with razor, blow on plate with hairdrier ONLY if it has a no-heat setting, otherwise use a fan. as the gel evaporates, spread it out with the razor. when the plate looks clean scrape it with the razor (make sure there is no breeze in the room). now if you dried the plate completely, you will be scraping up some really fluffy looking flakes, leave them like this, if you pack them together you'll have a fuck of a time eyeballing a dose.
toss a few flakes on foil, heat foil while sucking above flakes w/ a straw. coordination is crucial, you will see no smoke.

any other way of smoking the patches will not work anywhere near as well, or if it does work you will yield way less (as is the case of evaporating with heat).

if i were in your situation i'd be asking for more/stronger dilly's and i'd be slamming them, not that i reccomend you start doing so.

Nandro
06-19-2006, 08:30 AM
I take 2 100mg patches at a time, and to be honest it dosen't really do al that much. I have one open that I tried putting drops behind both ears with basicly zero effect. I know my tolorance is very high, and so does my doctor. I think he is trying not to run out of options. I have woken up on the operating table twice just barely as they finished. My tolorance for pain is also high. The give he direct injections in my neck with no anestetic at all, thats just a pin prick compared to what I live with on a daily basis. I think once my Humana insurance goes through on the 1st of the month and I pick up my aqtiq I will be fine, at least for a while. I am hoping to have surgury within the next 6-8 months to remove the scar tissue that has built up on the plates and fusions in my neck and spine. The scar tissue itself isnt really the problem, its that there are calcium deposits that are collecting in the scar tissue that are cutting the nerves. Believe me, unless you have ever been stabbed or burned very badly the pain is undescribable.

vaxn8
06-19-2006, 08:57 AM
Nandro- this is what I have done in the past... If you have not read this entire thread, I would encourage you to do so, specifically the liver toxicity info.

I use 2-75 ug duragesic at a time, well if I used them how I was supposed to, that is what I would be doing. I cut the top off (as a strip to open it up), push the gel down to the opposite end and stick my tongue in it (and leave it there) - for me until the pain goes away I also have a hell of a tolerance. Since you have other meds available, as I do, you can do this occaisionally (in an attempt to avoid the hepatic toxicity). Obviously this is not recommended to anyone, but I understand what you are saying about the level of pain.

I don't mind the taste, I actually kind of like it. Definitely not something to do every day if you value liver function!

Nandro
06-19-2006, 11:41 AM
I understand completely, and have read the thread from post #1. I am just trying to get by till the 1st of the month when my Humana insurance goes through. I have 120 Pops waiting to be picked up then I wont be doing any of this. In the mean time, the pain is killing me. When the preassure dropped the other day when we had that tropical storm (florida) it felt like someone was trying to cut my head off with a hack saw. I could have taken a crapload of Dilly's, but then I would be totally out way before my refill, and that would suck, as I like them to spread out through the day, not for onset severe sessions of pain. So basicly this is temporary. Well, if I get a buzz I may do it now and again. I havent got a buzz from pain killlers in over a decade, even when I take 10 vic's ontop of my 2 patches with a pop to be honest. I mean I feel pretty good, but nowhere near messed up, or messed up enough that someone would be able to tell.

Nandro
06-19-2006, 02:46 PM
I tried twice smoking the dry part and it pretty much seems worthless. If anything I think I got more from the slightly melted plastic. I must be pretty immune to fen altogether I suppose. i dont want to kill myself, but do they really have to make a big deal about how strong these things are? I would say I got a bad batch, but I have 3 different lots here, sandoz, the duragesic and some other one that i used the last one of the other day.

vaxn8
06-19-2006, 03:13 PM
i dont want to kill myself, but do they really have to make a big deal about how strong these things are?

Actually, yes a big deal should be made about how strong the drug is. Obviously to someone with a large tolerance, this won't be as critical, but to the opiate naive this is incredibly important! If you just think about morphine for a minute. Take 10 mg of morphine, the equianalgesic dose for fentanyl is 0.1 mg; that's a factor of 100, pretty big difference.

Also, the average moronic consumer doesn't really have a clue about how much drug is in a 3 day patch and how many people you could kill with that small amount (assuming no or low tolerance).

I hope you find something that helps with your pain. As I said earlier, using the patches by mouth does help me when I am in this situation. I don't get a high off of it, but I do get relief from my pain (from a burn).

Nandro
06-19-2006, 11:01 PM
Your right. That was just my frustration talking. I wish I could get relief from a small or at least smaller amount. Now here I am, up again at 1am, can't sleep.... :(

superman
06-20-2006, 12:36 PM
I tried twice smoking the dry part and it pretty much seems worthless. If anything I think I got more from the slightly melted plastic. I must be pretty immune to fen altogether I suppose. i dont want to kill myself, but do they really have to make a big deal about how strong these things are? I would say I got a bad batch, but I have 3 different lots here, sandoz, the duragesic and some other one that i used the last one of the other day.

when you say 'dry part' are you referring to the product obtained by evaporating the gel with NO HEAT? there really is no substitution for this if you want to smoke it

the melted plastic cannot be avoided. the fentanyl is so miniscule that you need this plastic as a carrier

as for fent tolerance, it climbs faster than any opioid i have ever done. i had 20x100mcg patches, (at the time 20mg oxy was a good high) and before they were gone i was able to do in one toke what would have put several non-teloerant friends into a puking nod. fentanyl is truly NOT a long term solution IMO.

I'd say your batch is fine, you're not going to kill yourself with this tolerance unless you use bad judgement and take too much (as is usually the case w/ OD).

vaxn8 is right on, these bugger are dangerous. a 50ug patch, smoked, turned my non-tolerant friend to a pile of jelly on the floor. the shit is strong

Nandro
06-20-2006, 03:13 PM
I noticed that as far as the tolorance goes. Just from the stuff I have read on the web and in newspapers, what I take and go out to the store and feel normal would kill a few people at least. I dried out a full half a patch and smoked it in 2 sessions about 20 min apart and caught a minimal buzz. I did however bitch to my doc till he upped my dilly dosage. I just got 360 4's. I dont know why he wont do the 8's. In either case i just need to hold out till the 1st of the month. Then I am having a pop party! Everyone's invited, of course it BYOP...LOL

Curio
06-21-2006, 01:17 AM
I seriously recommend a GOOD anti=inflammatory, even if you have to order non=fda/usa drugs via international routes, or get IM toradol shots or some steroid injections~not the epidurals necessarily, as I imagine you are kind of past the point where those seem to help~ I experienced good relief for a time, but as you say, when the nerve is being damaged daily, it just f-ing hurts and those shots in the epidural space seem futile if they aren't going to add some 'good' drugs into that mix they're dropping into the central nervous sytem!

and when the nervous sytem has been stimulated through pain over and over it seems to take awhile for it to calm AFTER the pain=causing mechanism has been dealt with...

Definitely consider anti=inflammatories and combining a muscle relaxer or two with your meds, if you haven't already....I know that after they pulled Bextra, along with all but one of cox-2 inhibitors (celebrex) off the market, my lame doc never thought to prescribe regularly for the inflammation/irritation of the nerves from then on! I had to take way more opies when I no longer had the edge off the searing and burning worst ...like you alluded to, nerve pain is a whole other pain sort of animal...

Within 2-3 months, I began to/seemed to have nearly lost my mind ~ well, some claim that at present, my mind remains: still occupied/consumed in hitchhiking back from hell in a storm of fire(nerve pain) and ice(even worse nerve pain)

I feel...or at least I've had many times I have personally FELT your pain ( or something close, perhaps a bastid cousin of your nerve family, lol !)

Nandro
06-21-2006, 07:32 AM
Thanks for the info. I do take xanax, just because sometimes I do feel like I am losing or have lost my mind. People dont understand, and after a while its like crying wolf. Its like some sick chinese torture, day in and day out. I dread going to sleep knowing I am going to bein pain when i wake up. Anyhow. It does help to know I am not the only one. I dont wish it on anyone, but to know others have experienced it and that its not just in my mind makes me feel a little saner than I felt before reading your post. Thank you for sharing that. I just wish the US's medical system wasnt so f'ed up. I need to have this scar tissue removed. There have been days I have thought of burning myself with a soldering iron just to take my mind off my back pain. I will ask about the anti inf stuff, he's pretty good about giving me what i think I need, seeing as I have tried just about everything.

Barry Robetts
07-31-2006, 03:36 AM
Well, I didn't know much about these patches until now. I live in SE Asia, so getting PURE H from Burma is not a big deal and not expensive. However, there are some wierd cops here and it is BIG trouble if you are on the wrong side of them. Anyway, I can easily get pharmaceuticals as well. I have been chewing on 2 (I guess ) BIG doses of Oxycontin daily (160 mg) each 2x per day, but no buzz. I also have 100 mg time release Morphine I would mix with saline and lidocaine and microwave for 15 seconds to clump the wax and it was a real buzz for a while, but now, nothing. I have about 100 50 ug/hr and 50 25 ug/hr fentanyl and have opened a few since transdermal did squat (3 50's and 2 25s at a time). I have shot a 50 with a slight buzz and smoked 2 25s (really short buzz). I am just about to conclude they are worthless, but I will keep reading.

vaxn8
07-31-2006, 06:14 AM
Barry,

Why the lido with your morphine? Don't think I've ever heard of that!

shaggy
06-24-2008, 07:38 PM
ok!! I got a few of the 100mcg gell patches. and my question is this. can i smoke just a little bit now and save the rest some how, or is it, if i break the seal its all or none.

Synack
06-29-2008, 02:24 PM
damn bro, guess I can't say you didn't search... You can break the 'seal' drain some, then tape it shut - if you're paranoid like I am, ensure all the air is out prior to resealing it..

I use lowheat wax to reseal if I can... otherwise tape will work.

Just so you know - typically, it's best to let these threads die :) - Also, checkout the fentanyl smoking guide in the fent pharma section.

Welcome to the ophile..