PDA

View Full Version : Swallowed Suboxone accidently....

MrCream
05-24-2007, 07:32 PM
Today I put my suboxone (8mg) under my tounge and by accident I instantly swallowed the pill will it still work to its full effects and last as long? Thanks

soulninja
05-24-2007, 07:35 PM
I have no clue man, but thats a great avatar.Whats better than a kitten and boobs
Sorry i couldnt help i got distracted

Rhonda
05-24-2007, 08:26 PM
Are you sure it was an accident?? or you couldnt wait LOL!:D

Rhonda
05-24-2007, 08:27 PM
ps I hope that kitten has been declawed, ouch!

MrCream
05-24-2007, 09:20 PM
Couldn't wait for what? No i accidently swallowed it...... :( will it still work?

tptptp
05-24-2007, 09:28 PM
I tink I read its only about 20% strength swallowed...if it sat in ur outh for a while before you swallowed it thatll help...but if you dont start feeling like shit just ride it out til the next dose.....if you feel crappy in a couple days this is probably why

MrCream
05-24-2007, 09:45 PM
I feel crappy now lol, so I was wondering if that was why, I guess I will take some more :/ this sux :/

NastyZilla
05-25-2007, 12:07 AM
I'm late chiming in on this, but you're right... they hardly work at all when swallowed. Has to be absorbed under the tongue. Sorry!

tui
05-25-2007, 12:13 AM
My nurse says it dosn't do shit if you swallow it. Don't even try to talk when it's under your tongue.
t

MrCream
05-25-2007, 02:47 AM
Yah i figured out it doesn't work when i started full blown w/ding because of this accident :/ sucks because I have no insurance so I can't afford to be wasting these. oh well you live and learn, gotta take this 1 day at a time and I will so be clean :P

tptptp
05-26-2007, 12:38 AM
I'm pretty sure I recall reading less than 20% is absorbed if you swallow it, I dunno if that means 19.5% or 2% though. I'd imagine its close to 20%

mikells43
05-29-2007, 11:31 PM
try an altoid before , or hot water before u do it, but dont eat anything for at least a half hour, they say 20 mins but half hour is better. the altoid opens up ur muci and makes for faster absortion. and u can spit the shitty juices too. its more of a melting process:)

laudaphun
06-02-2007, 09:45 PM
No clue if it works and no pointers towards scientific evidence to back it up but my Dr. told me to drink something acidic like orange juice (I think it was orange juice) which would acidifiy my mouth, not only allowing the pill to absorb better but allowiing it to disolve quicker. I make no claims, this is just what my Dr. told me so I normally try to take a swig of some type of acidic juice before taking a dose of suboxone.

mrklean
06-02-2007, 09:57 PM
These all sound like pretty good ideas especially the hot water. Do not swallow any of your spit. From the time you put the tab in. I always used to make absolutely sure that I would not have to talk or open my mouth or swallow for any reason for atleast 30 mins after putting subs in. This is probably overkill but I really didn't wanna lose any of the bupe. I think it is pretty easy to lose some when administering things sublingually sp.? I think massaging your cheeks with your hands and the inside of yourmouth with your tongue (think gummers) will help get it absorbed more quickly. All this shit is probably just ritual but, I like ritual.