PDA

View Full Version : Good ole' Quaaludes

opi8fiend
05-15-2007, 10:33 PM
Probably not the best place to post this but i didn't know where else to put this...Me being a youngin i didn't even get the chance to experience these proclaimed amazing pills...Any veterans out there have any experience with them and how they were? Just curious as to I'll never stumble upon them ever but just liked to here some experiences and views on 'Ludes. PEACE

jonny-5
05-15-2007, 10:38 PM
ya they were before my time too. that is one thing i would definitely love to try.

opi8fiend
05-15-2007, 10:40 PM
Amen to that. I hear they are better than Benzos, SWIM loves his benzos, so cant imagine what Ludes would be like.... haha

Diacetyl
05-15-2007, 11:00 PM
Quaaludes are still legal and produced in canada. I've never tried them but a few of my friends in BC have. Maybe next time your in vancouver "ask around".

opi8fiend
05-15-2007, 11:07 PM
haha...my friends and i have always joked about taking a road trip to cananda...now its easily being considerable in my eyes with that little tidbit! haha...thanks for the info diacetyl...definately want to look into that!

Nate
05-15-2007, 11:09 PM
where could one find them if they lived in Canada?

greasy_bear
05-16-2007, 07:50 AM
I took a barrel-load of quaaludes in my time, having come of age at the height of lude-mania in the late seventies & early eighties. They were taken off the US market in '84 basically because they were too much fun.
Twenty minutes after taking a 600 mgs (two tablet) dose on an empty stomach, they produced the purest, clearest, most incredible euphoria a person could imagine. This state peaked in about an hour or so and was replaced by a condition most like drunkeness in that it was defined by the loss of motor control, inhibition and common sense.
At this point, in an attempt to recapture the euphoria, one would be tempted to take doses of 150 - 300 mgs, which usually resulted in declining common sense demonstrated by a person's belief that now was a good time to:
go out to a club dancing
or
call an old girlfriend
or
crawl out to the car and go for a drive.
Depending on a number of factors (mostly luck) the evening would end for a typical lude-o-naut by:
getting the crap stomped out of you by a pissed-off bouncer or boyfriend
or
doing amazingly dirty things with another person whom you may or may not know
or
explaining to the police by way of mumbles and grunts how you managed to wrap your car around the only utility pole on an otherwise deserted street.
They were a thousand times more enjoyable than benzos or barbiturates because they rarely caused black-outs, there was little in the way of tolerance and they had no physically addictive properties. The hangover from a night of quaalude intoxication could best be described as a couple of hours of fuzzy numbness lasting until lunchtime.
The street price ranged from $.50 for a 400 mg Parest in 1973 to $12 for a Lemmon 714 in 1984, after they were pulled from the market. At one time it was possible to get bootleg ludes which actually contained methaqualone, but more often than not they would be mostly monstor doses of ketamine or some benzodiazepine, both poor imitations of the real thing.
Here is the erowid page http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/methaqualone/

Somanax
05-16-2007, 09:09 AM
Damn G bear thought no one remembered them parest greenie's the big boy on the block RORER and LEMMON'S 712's 150mg 714 300mg's PAREST 400mg's oh the memorie's and skinned knee's

P.S. never paid more than 2.50 for any of them and they are still available in Puerto Rico:D

Papa Verine
05-16-2007, 09:47 AM
I took a barrel-load of quaaludes in my time, having come of age at the height of lude-mania in the late seventies & early eighties. They were taken off the US market in '84 basically because they were too much fun.
Twenty minutes after taking a 600 mgs (two tablet) dose on an empty stomach, they produced the purest, clearest, most incredible euphoria a person could imagine. This state peaked in about an hour or so and was replaced by a condition most like drunkeness in that it was defined by the loss of motor control, inhibition and common sense.
At this point, in an attempt to recapture the euphoria, one would be tempted to take doses of 150 - 300 mgs, which usually resulted in declining common sense demonstrated by a person's belief that now was a good time to:
go out to a club dancing
or
call an old girlfriend
or
crawl out to the car and go for a drive.
Depending on a number of factors (mostly luck) the evening would end for a typical lude-o-naut by:
getting the crap stomped out of you by a pissed-off bouncer or boyfriend
or
doing amazingly dirty things with another person whom you may or may not know
or
explaining to the police by way of mumbles and grunts how you managed to wrap your car around the only utility pole on an otherwise deserted street.
They were a thousand times more enjoyable than benzos or barbiturates because they rarely caused black-outs, there was little in the way of tolerance and they had no physically addictive properties. The hangover from a night of quaalude intoxication could best be described as a couple of hours of fuzzy numbness lasting until lunchtime.
The street price ranged from $.50 for a 400 mg Parest in 1973 to $12 for a Lemmon 714 in 1984, after they were pulled from the market. At one time it was possible to get bootleg ludes which actually contained methaqualone, but more often than not they would be mostly monstor doses of ketamine or some benzodiazepine, both poor imitations of the real thing.
Here is the erowid page http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/methaqualone/

What a great job you did of describing the effects of Methaqualone. Better then benzos, better then alcohol... just too much fun to remain legal. Every time I took them I was drunk and I don't know what the fuck happened. I woke up once in bed, boots and jacket on, covered from head to toe with mud. (big mess)

nick
05-16-2007, 10:31 AM
Ah Mandies,those were the days.......I think,I can't really remember much,but from personal experience that normally means I had a good time.

chemboy7
05-16-2007, 11:03 AM
They were a thousand times more enjoyable than benzos or barbiturates because they rarely caused black-outs, there was little in the way of tolerance and they had no physically addictive properties.

Good write up but this part is a bit misleading. Quaaludes are most definately physically addictive, in fact the withdrawl from Quaaludes is worse than Benzodiazepines or even Barbituates. Cold turkey from a serious habit can even cause death. There is a pretty big problem in South Africa right now with Methaqualone smoking, I believe that smoking 'ludes is the most popular recreational drug on the market over there. It's been called an epidemic like the spread of Methamphetamine in America.

greasy_bear
05-16-2007, 11:08 AM
Damn G bear thought no one remembered them parest greenie's the big boy on the block RORER and LEMMON'S 712's 150mg 714 300mg's PAREST PD574 400mg's oh the memorie's and skinned knee's
P.S. never paid more than 2.50 for any of them and they are still available in Puerto Rico:D
You forgot A&S Sopors!!!
I know a lot of drug companies operate off of the island for statutory reasons. I didn't know someone still made quaaludes there.
The last Lemmons I took in '84 came from some old guy who used to sell me his monthly script of 60 for $2 each. When I read they were going off the market, I warned him and he got his pharmacist to lay in a 500 jug just for him. Were you ever treated to Mexican Quaaludes? They came individually wrapped in foil printed with RORER de MEXICO. If I had to guess I'd say each one contained about 200 mg of valium or maybe some ridiculous dose of chloral hydrate. The last time I took one (two really) of those, I went into a blackout ordering a glass of red wine in an Italian resturant about 8 o'clock one night and came to at 11:00 the next morning at the controls of the crane I used to operate. It's a miracle I never hurt anyone, either driving or on the job.

What a great job you did of describing the effects of Methaqualone. Better then benzos, better then alcohol... just too much fun to remain legal. Every time I took them I was drunk and I don't know what the fuck happened. I woke up once in bed, boots and jacket on, covered from head to toe with mud. (big mess)
I always compared the effect of two ludes to a bottle of rye, without the hassle and mess of drinking all that booze.
The worst morning after (ludes and alcohol) I ever had was opening my eyes to an unfamiliar ceiling. I was itchy all over and discovered that I was lying naked, on a carpet, in an unfurnished apartment, beneath a fiberglass-lined drape, with a woman I'd never met before. My mouth felt funny and to my horror, I discovered by probing with my tongue, that one of my front teeth had been replaced by a ragged stump. Later I learned that the apartment belonged to a buddy who was soon getting married, that the woman's name was Lily (her friends called her Sugar ;) ), but to this day no one knows what happened to my tooth, although it is possible that Sug sucked it right out of my head!

greasy_bear
05-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Good write up but this part is a bit misleading. Quaaludes are most definately physically addictive, in fact the withdrawl from Quaaludes is worse than Benzodiazepines or even Barbituates. Cold turkey from a serious habit can even cause death. There is a pretty big problem in South Africa right now with Methaqualone smoking, I believe that smoking 'ludes is the most popular recreational drug on the market over there. It's been called an epidemic like the spread of Methamphetamine in America.
I have no idea what is being smoked in South Africa these days, but the first time I went to a detox, in 1979, I went from consumption of an average daily dose of ~ 1200 mgs of methaqualone (citrate or HCl) 5 or 6 x a week, without any physical discomfort whatsoever. I was only given </= 25 mgs of librium, 4 x a day for the first 3 days, in decreasing doses. The mental JONES was extreme, but I was nowhere near seizures or anything like that. Maybe by African standards I was a light-weight. :)
Maybe because I only used it in the evenings or didn't use every single day. I have no idea, but I genuinely believed there was no physical dimension to the addiction I had to those pills (but WIKI says otherwise). Live and learn, I guess.

Ah Mandies,those were the days.......I think,I can't really remember much,but from personal experience that normally means I had a good time.
Were Mandrax a compound of qualude and some other drug?
Back in the pre-internet days, it was hard to get good information on the stuff we were taking.
(Not that it ever slowed us down)
Had I had uninterrupted accesss to ludes, I'm sure they would have killed me one way or another.

nick
05-16-2007, 11:50 AM
Urr I can't remember.

Sorry poor joke and I'm really not sure.I haven't seen mandies in about 20 years-I miss 'em.

I tried smoking mandies,the smoke tastes like a burning tire.

aj11
05-16-2007, 11:57 AM
" ah another quaalude, she love me again."
Tony Montana

Somanax
05-16-2007, 12:00 PM
" ah another quaalude, she love me again."
Tony Montana

But will she remember it? :confused:

greasy_bear
05-16-2007, 12:50 PM
Urr I can't remember.

Sorry poor joke and I'm really not sure.I haven't seen mandies in about 20 years-I miss 'em.

I tried smoking mandies,the smoke tastes like a burning tire.
The important question is, "Did it get you as high as smoking a tire?"

nick
05-16-2007, 12:55 PM
The important question is, "Did it get you as high as smoking a tire?"

Strangely(for me) I haven't tried smoking tires-yet.

I collapsed after smoking mandies,came round lying on my back with a circle of friends faces looking down at me.

Ah,the old days.

greasy_bear
05-16-2007, 01:15 PM
Strangely(for me) I haven't tried smoking tires-yet.
I collapsed after smoking mandies,came round lying on my back with a circle of friends faces looking down at me.
Ah,the old days.
Too bad we didn't appreciate how much fun we were having, but at least you had friends.
I would have woke up with my shoes gone!

chemboy7
05-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Smoking produces some pretty nice effects rather fast; I wonder what the IV rush would be like. I know there are some 'ludes that are water soluble and even if you can't get your hands on any of those you should be able to get it into solution with alcohol and then dilute with water, right. I'm pretty sure that Quualude and Methaqualone are alcohol soluble. Probably a good thing they aren't still readily available. I tend to take good things too far.

greasy_bear
05-16-2007, 02:17 PM
Smoking produces some pretty nice effects rather fast; I wonder what the IV rush would be like. I know there are some 'ludes that are water soluble and even if you can't get your hands on any of those you should be able to get it into solution with alcohol and then dilute with water, right. I'm pretty sure that Quualude and Methaqualone are alcohol soluble. Probably a good thing they aren't still readily available. I tend to take good things too far.
That's the truth, Chemboy!
I know it was just a matter of time for me and 'ludes.

nick
05-16-2007, 02:20 PM
That's the truth, Chemboy!
I know it was just a matter of time for me and 'ludes.

Right,me too.I was saved because they disappeared.

Still,plenty of junk around to make us feel "better."

greasy_bear
05-16-2007, 03:59 PM
Right,me too.I was saved because they disappeared.
Still,plenty of junk around to make us feel "better."
It's funny, but the only drug combination that almost duplicated that quaalude euphoria was a mixture of oxycodone and valium.
Screwing around with these two to get the right proportion is a good way to catch the BIG NOD.
In my old age, I no longer want to use myself as a test monkey.

edhorfin
05-16-2007, 04:09 PM
I'm glad you remembered the Sopors...God the insanity ludes brought on...So much incredibly nasty sex. The only true orgies I ever attended were parties where there was a fairly large container of 714's at the front door and an empty one next to it in which everyone placed their car keys. They were the only drug that caused attractive women to actually just grab you and startgoing at it. The inhibitions just disappeared. I did lose a couple of friends to quaalude related car wrecks.

They were so much more tactile and just plain happy than any barbituate ( which were also available in excess back then- seconal; tuinal nembutal etc) that they really had to be outlawed. Anyone who ever took one knew immediately what a waste it was to go to sleep on them just HAD to abuse them. I never even wanted to go to sleep on them. I COULD sleep; no problem; but I was having so much fun I wouldnt even consider it....I'm so glad that I was young then. No way I could have that much sex now. On a side note long term use destroyed your night vision or color vision. Thanks for the memories.

opi8fiend
05-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Man all this talk about ludes makes me drool! God i love the feeling of benzos, and of couse good ole opis:) but a euphoric feeling of both at once!?! pure bliss! the closest thing I've gotten to barbituates was phenobarbital in rehab which probably didn't compare to that of the ludes...good stories though! sounds like a rough, yet exciting drug!

nick
05-16-2007, 04:16 PM
It's funny, but the only drug combination that almost duplicated that quaalude euphoria was a mixture of oxycodone and valium.
Screwing around with these two to get the right proportion is a good way to catch the BIG NOD.
In my old age, I no longer want to use myself as a test monkey.

Beautiful and thanks-The big nod.I'll use that for the title of my autobiography.

That or the big loser.

opi8fiend
05-16-2007, 04:27 PM
P.S. never paid more than 2.50 for any of them and they are still available in Puerto Rico:D[/quote]

Somanax-Looks like im going to Puerto Rico! hehe

OpiGuRu729
05-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Damn, I want some ludes :rolleyes:

greasy_bear
05-16-2007, 05:50 PM
I'm glad you remembered the Sopors...God the insanity ludes brought on...So much incredibly nasty sex. The only true orgies I ever attended were parties where there was a fairly large container of 714's at the front door and an empty one next to it in which everyone placed their car keys. They were the only drug that caused attractive women to actually just grab you and startgoing at it. The inhibitions just disappeared. I did lose a couple of friends to quaalude related car wrecks.
They were so much more tactile and just plain happy than any barbituate ( which were also available in excess back then- seconal; tuinal nembutal etc) that they really had to be outlawed. Anyone who ever took one knew immediately what a waste it was to go to sleep on them just HAD to abuse them. I never even wanted to go to sleep on them. I COULD sleep; no problem; but I was having so much fun I wouldnt even consider it....I'm so glad that I was young then. No way I could have that much sex now. On a side note long term use destroyed your night vision or color vision. Thanks for the memories.
That's it!
They made you believe that your senses, intellect and physical prowess were operating on a higher plain.
The truth was that due to the reduction of your motor skills, any expression of the beauty you were feeling came out a stumbling mumble that sounded like:"BUrrurRHurGaaAauLhBlurrgleHnanANa."
To a woman on ludes, that was an irresistible mating call.
The largest bottle I ever saw had 500 Rorers in it. It looked like a big, brown, version of that jar that holds the pigs' feet in some taverns.

Man all this talk about ludes makes me drool! God i love the feeling of benzos, and of couse good ole opis:) but a euphoric feeling of both at once!?! pure bliss! the closest thing I've gotten to barbituates was phenobarbital in rehab which probably didn't compare to that of the ludes...good stories though! sounds like a rough, yet exciting drug!
If you're drooling, you're halfway there!
And no other downer could match the euphoria of the quaalude induction stage.
Placidyl is similar, but has that hard, barbiturate edge and therefore makes you more sloppy than high.

Beautiful and thanks-The big nod.I'll use that for the title of my autobiography.
That or the big loser.
I hope that you avoid the Big Nod for many years to come, nick.
As long as the Queen's paying, keep enjoying the little nod as long as you can.

Chipper
05-17-2007, 12:02 AM
The most euphoria I have ever experienced was with a few pills of MDMA followed by some 'ludes. Highly recommended combo!

psychotiKK
05-17-2007, 03:52 AM

I asked this guy who used to live in Africa if methaqualone was a huge problem there. He had no idea what methaqualone was. I'd love to try some of that shit someday.. sounds lovely.

freedomclub
05-17-2007, 06:56 AM
Were you ever treated to Mexican Quaaludes? They came individually wrapped in foil printed with RORER de MEXICO.

Yeah, weren't they two toned? I did get my hands on a couple in the early 90's. Don't remember much about the buzz, I'm sure I was drinking and smoking on top of 'em.

mrnatural
05-17-2007, 07:28 AM
I had heard of ludes for a few months before I had a chance to try them, but when I did,wow. In 1973(?) my friend invited about 10 people to his house. When we got there, he had a big 500 count bottle of 714's. I figured if the dose was 1 at a time, I'd take 2, so my girl and I did. Everybody was drinking that white wine that came in the ceramic bottles (Blue Nun, etc) and he had a case of that we broke out along with some good but seedy Jamaican pot I had. I don't know how much later it was, but I was trying to stay conscious and the only others around that were, were my girl and the host. Then his partner pulled up outside and came in with a smug look, and told us we had to try something he had. Pulled out a Mason jar about 1/4 full of something I thouht was tar opium, and a glass pipe. Said it was "hash oil." The three of them started tokin and even though I could hardly keep my eyes open, I crawled across the floor sos I could try it too. My memory of that say stops there, but I was real happy I had two new exoeriences in one day. Greasy Bear, you hit the nail on the head with the effects. Scored a 100 bottle of Parest 400's one time for real cheap cause no one knew what they were but me. was able to keep working daily cause I got a big bottle of medium strength(?) Dexamyls to supplement them. Jamaica was flooded with Mandrax in the mid seventies. Like was said, them disappearing probably lengthened my life.

greasy_bear
05-17-2007, 08:05 AM
I asked this guy who used to live in Africa if methaqualone was a huge problem there. He had no idea what methaqualone was. I'd love to try some of that shit someday.. sounds lovely.
According to Wikipedia, there's a serious problem in South Africa. They mix the shit with pot and smoke it.

Were you ever treated to Mexican Quaaludes? They came individually wrapped in foil printed with RORER de MEXICO.
Yeah, weren't they two toned? I did get my hands on a couple in the early 90's. Don't remember much about the buzz, I'm sure I was drinking and smoking on top of 'em.
The ones I saw were white with little brown specks in them.
I don't know what was in them, but it wasn't quaalude. Two of them gave me a 15 hour black-out.

I had heard of ludes for a few months before I had a chance to try them, but when I did,wow. In 1973(?) my friend invited about 10 people to his house. When we got there, he had a big 500 count bottle of 714's. I figured if the dose was 1 at a time, I'd take 2, so my girl and I did. Everybody was drinking that white wine that came in the ceramic bottles (Blue Nun, etc) and he had a case of that we broke out along with some good but seedy Jamaican pot I had. I don't know how much later it was, but I was trying to stay conscious and the only others around that were, were my girl and the host. Then his partner pulled up outside and came in with a smug look, and told us we had to try something he had. Pulled out a Mason jar about 1/4 full of something I thouht was tar opium, and a glass pipe. Said it was "hash oil." The three of them started tokin and even though I could hardly keep my eyes open, I crawled across the floor sos I could try it too. My memory of that say stops there, but I was real happy I had two new exoeriences in one day. Greasy Bear, you hit the nail on the head with the effects. Scored a 100 bottle of Parest 400's one time for real cheap cause no one knew what they were but me. was able to keep working daily cause I got a big bottle of medium strength(?) Dexamyls to supplement them. Jamaica was flooded with Mandrax in the mid seventies. Like was said, them disappearing probably lengthened my life.
The first time I took ludes, I got some sopors for $.50 each then I jumped on my bicycle and headed down to my girlfriend's house to get high and hang out. When I was about 15 or 16, my parents caught me trying to sneak into the house one night high on Parest. I can still hear my dad saying, "I knew he's been smoking them goddamn reefers!" I always got into trouble on those things.

cronosaegis
05-27-2007, 01:18 AM
It was the year 2002, and I was going steady with vicoprofen, #4, Jim Beam Black straight up, and beer back. The site was DB.com, and somebody posted an email source for a guy in Cape Town. He had hard to find... uh... "meds" and some truely wacky stuff like Khat in any preparation you wanted it.

Well, he didn't have anything of my flavor, and I never placed an order. He seemed to want to business, and he emailed me back asking if I didn't trust him. I told him that I trusted him as much as any online vendor, it was just he didn't have anything in my line of business.

He offered to send me methaqualone. I laughed, figured he was full of shit, but I took him up on it. Back then I knew if you were offered Ludes, it was valium or xanax.

I waited, waited, forgot about it all. Then I get a package...

I took one and waited for the Valium effects to hit. I was listening to a Willie Nelson rendition of "Whiter Shade of Pale". I found out what that song, and I suspect "Magic Carpet Ride" are about.

I ended up going a bender and blacked out for a bit. Missed a GRE test date, and that set me back big time, as I was too broke to schedule another.

20Dollarholla
02-25-2008, 10:52 AM
A few years back, during a major crack, binge I ended up with a few black and turquoise capsules that were supposed to be 'ludes'. I really dont know what the fuck was in them, but when I ran out of crack and needed to get to sleep I opened two capsules up into a spoon and added water, filtered, and shot (dont ask me why, its the damn needle, it calls me).

I really have no clue as to what I shot up, but it mixed up O.K. with 2-3cc of water in a 3cc rig. All I know is I fell asleep fast and the methadone clinic refused to dose me the next day because I was nodding out in the waiting room.

To this day I would like to know what it was I injected. If it were valuim or xanax I dont think it would have mixed up in a shot. Maybe a high dose of Versed?

southernbelle
02-25-2008, 11:07 AM
I can guarantee they weren't ludes.

RxQueen
02-25-2008, 11:24 AM
thread is 2 years old. a zombie has been resurrected, and i'm here to chop its head off. DIE zombie thread!

hey 20DH... if you wanna talk about ludes or whatever those pills you got actually were, start a new thread.

thank you.