PDA

View Full Version : Oxycodone to Noroxycodone metabolization times

KhaosPerformer
05-09-2007, 06:15 PM
I just had an interesting little dilema fall into my lap. A good buddy of mine just had 100(thats right, 100!!) 80's fall in to his lap. And he owes me money and dosn't do oxy. My problem is, of course, that I get UA'ed for oxy. My question here is weather I can take oxy before the drug test and still pass. My supposition is that it might take some period of time for oxy to metabolize into noroxycodone and other testable metabolites. Like, could I smoke a bean 2-3 hours or so before the test and pass because there wasn't enough time for the drug to metabolize? On a side note, does smoked oxy metabolize quicker that other routes of ingestion or is that completly bullshit?

peace all
-K

Brony
05-09-2007, 06:59 PM
That is an interesting question.

I looked at Rxlist and the basic summary that I got indicated that oxycodone metabolizes quite quickly.

I wouldn't chance smoking and/or oral usage if you have a UA to worry about.

Hopefully one of our chemists can help you out. Like RoboJunkie or OxyContinuously.

Tmac5150
05-09-2007, 09:28 PM
This link is to a page w/about ANYTHING you might wanna know about drug tests. It's a long page, but it has very in depth info on many types of tests & metabolizing rates or whatever of dif. drugs...

http://cocaine.org/drugtestfaq/index.html

Above link has a lot of very good info...

Now, for what it's worth, I had a piss test for a job. I had a rx for darvocet about 2 weeks before the test. they were gone in about 2 days. I thought plenty of time to be out of system. I took the test on a Tuesday. I had taken 50-60 percodan that whole weekend before and ran out on monday. Tues. I took 2 methadone pills on the way to work, 1st time I'd taken dones in a while. When i got there, they took me to Dr. for UA. When I finally got results, Dr. called & said that Propoxy(been 1 1/2 weeks since I'd taken propoxy) and methadone showed up(took them about hour and a 1/2 before test)...Why not the Oxy(percodan)??? Tripped me out... ASnyway, just wanted to share my 2 cents...Hope it helps...

insaneike
05-14-2007, 03:44 AM
Oxy isn't tested for on a basic 5-7 panel drug test. It has to be specifically tested for...

It won't show up on your basic lil piss tests.

Methadone and Propoxyphene both are tested for separately too btw. Most opis(aside from heroin, morph, and codeine) have to be independantly tested for. and for some unkown reason Oxy is one that is more rarely tested for. like on high end jobs or SOME pain clinic tests. My last one was a freakin 14panel drug test for my pain clinic!

but yea, if it's a basic 5-7 panel test oxy isn't tested for. HOWEVER if they want they can buy these lil single panel tests for oxy and give that with the basic NIDA5 and shit.
I would try and find out what type of durg test it is and go from there.