PDA

View Full Version : clonidine

JahRed24
04-24-2007, 02:28 PM
What do you guys think about Clonidine for detoxing? Some say it helps a lot and some say its not so great. Anyone on here detox with it b4? Would snorting the Clonidine tablet be effective? (if u think its a dumb question then just don't say anything)

jonny-5
04-24-2007, 02:42 PM
i tried it once, it didnt really help at all. later a doctor told me in a detox that he could give me enough there to drop my blood pressure low enough to where i couldnt move, and that is the dose it takes i guess. i wouldnt fuck around with it tho, i took the 'done. as far as snorting it goes, i personally wouldnt but if you want to more power to you.

Brony
04-24-2007, 03:09 PM
Clonidine works, but you gotta be on the right dose of it (which like Johnny-5 said can be sooo high that you can't move).

And NO it's not worth your time to snort it. Clonidine does not provide a rush of any sort.

Chemical_Boy
04-24-2007, 04:05 PM
I tried it but the clonidine actually made me feel worse. It may have taken the edge off of the withdrawals a bit, but not enough to compensate for the fact that it made me dizzy, weak, and just all-round shitty feeling. Add that on top of the barely-helped W/D and I did not like it one bit.

I never tried it, but I can not imagine why snorting it would provide any additional effect form just eating it.

Brony
04-24-2007, 04:33 PM
What do you guys think about Clonidine for detoxing? Some say it helps a lot and some say its not so great. Anyone on here detox with it b4? Would snorting the Clonidine tablet be effective? (if u think its a dumb question then just don't say anything)

I forgot to mention that while I do find it to be a stupid question (regarding snorting the Clonidine) I just wanted to show that I can play nice and that I do want to help you, Jah.

Sitar
04-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Clonidine is what I'd call an "essential" detox med. I'd say it's better for opiate detox than benzos, since benzos only really do one thing (lessen anxiety) whereas clonidine is good for a number of withdrawal effects. And it's not habit-forming.

If someone felt worse from the clonidine, then they were getting too much. I actually had to go to the hospital from getting too much clonidine in a detox facility once. My blood pressure crashed and I was fainting, and that was only from .3 mgs. per day. I had to get an IV at the hospital. It sucked, and then they stopped giving me clonidine because of that, so I felt far worse.

But in the right amount, it's the absolute best non-controlled drug there is for opiate detox. I wouldn't want to detox without it.

And no, you don't want to snort it. You can't get high from clonidine (although it can augment the effects of opiates). Go easy on clonidine because it can make your BP crash and be potentially very dangerous or even fatal. Don't exceed maybe .3 mgs. per day, at least until you've seen how it will effect you, and work your way up in dose VERY carefully. Start off with maybe .1 mgs at first.

There's a reason that it's pretty much a standard opiate detox med; it really works. It won't make you un-sick, but it makes it a lot more tolerable and definitely lessens the physical WD.