PDA

View Full Version : Methadone: Injecting liquid 10mg/ml

ontario_opiophile
09-29-2005, 01:42 AM
I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with injecting methadone syrup. I understand that injecting the stuff mixed with juice is not a good idea so what I was talking about is the plain methadone liquid from Canada. It is made by Pharmascience it is called Metadol. The dosage is 10mg/ml. The liquid is clear and flows just like water. It's not thick or oily. It is just clear and seems to be very pure. I'm wondering if this is safe to inject? I do not have any of it but a friend of mine does and he's wondering if it would be a bad idea to inject it. The bottles are 500ml bottles and the methadone inside of them is very clean and protected from dust and other things. He says it looks very shootable but he's not sure. So if anyone knows about this particular brand of methadone and if it's okay to shoot please respond. It is a Canadian brand though so many people haven't heard of it. In a dream I tried some and it was really good methadone. Better than the Lily and Roxane, methadone. And it made the Mallinkrodt(sp) methadone seem like crap. Also, what would you, or your friends, compare injecting methadone to? What drug is it most like when injected (in it's effects and rush, not length) Also do your friends or your dog know anything about I.M'ing methadone liquid and SC'ing methadone? If so describe the effects your friends or dog got from injecting this fine liquid.

oldschool?
10-04-2005, 10:44 AM
i believe i've used what your talking about with no ill efects provided one didn't miss (then it tends to burn and could cause problems - once my hand swelled up for a few hours (but back then i had access to higher concentration) so i.v. only and even then prolonged repeated use could be damaging! however i came to hate the stuff (10/ml) as i could not concetrate it although i tried many times (wasting money all the while!) heat seems to make the stuff inert or somthing (i even evaporated the liquid once but ended up sick since it ended up un sterile) i'd be ver curious if anyone knows why this would be and if you have the same results however if you have no opiate tolerance 10mg/ml straight would probably do the trick warning that it is very addictive i'd say most like H at the right dose i.v.

ontario_opiophile
10-05-2005, 04:36 AM
Thanks for answering my question. Yah it would really suck to inject 10ml of the stuff. Thankfully, I only need about 50mg to get high as a kite when injected. Even 10 mg would be pleasurable. I'm very sensitive to medications. I can feel as little as half a 5mg percocet or even a 1/4 of one. Mind you, it's not very significant but I can feel it. And no i'm not opiate naive, I've been on them for 3 years straight and 5 years before that off and on. I just have a weird system I guess. I tend to notice things alot more than most people.I guess it's a blessing.

rachamim18
10-06-2005, 04:45 PM
Again, not only does orally formulated methadone have an incredibly high oral bio-availability, but it is specifically formulated to discourage injection and other forms of diversion/abuse. Sure, you could do it a couple of times without real damage but why bother when injection presents such a poor bio-availabilty in comparison with oral administration?

oldschool?
10-07-2005, 12:50 PM
injection presents such a poor bio-availabilty in comparison with oral administration?
why would it be less bio-availabe i.v. than oral -- even if its pure methatdone hydrochloride??

kramorph
10-12-2005, 05:41 PM
I wouldnt take too much notice of what Rachimim18 says, as it is mostly bullshit.I have shot up the orange 5mg/ml stuff available in Oz.And it is perfectly safe.I dont know about the stuff you talk about but I would assume it is safe also.Obviously it has a higher bioavailability iv than oral.Its half life,volume of distrbution,protein binding etc is much the same.The makers are aware that people sometimes inject the stuff, so they ensure that it is safe to do so.Health depts DO NOT want to see lots of problems through "misuse".They do however try to discourage it.It wouldnt surprise me if Rachimim18 is a health worker posing as a junky, trying to spoil peoples fun.As always though, when injecting large amounts of fluid,be careful.;)

ontario_opiophile
10-13-2005, 04:32 AM
Hahah oh Kramorph you crack me up. lol. funny stuff.

paesan
10-13-2005, 06:54 PM
The makers are aware that people sometimes inject the stuff, so they ensure that it is safe to do so.Health depts DO NOT want to see lots of problems through "misuse".They do however try to discourage it.;)

Maybe in Oz, but not in the States. Here the pharma co.'s are known for putting all kinds of nasty binders into pills in order to discourage misuse (insufflation & IV). These binders can cause blockages in your veins which can lead to loss of limbs, the binders can build up in your lung tissue and cause emphysema and other lung problems... This obviously does not stop misuse, it just leads to many horrible repercussions for the IV user. I'm sure the livejuice is no different here (especially the kinds given at clinics).

shaunclo
10-27-2005, 06:31 PM
word...........

HeidiW
10-30-2005, 09:53 PM
I wouldnt take too much notice of what Rachimim18 says, as it is mostly bullshit.I have shot up the orange 5mg/ml stuff available in Oz.And it is perfectly safe.I dont know about the stuff you talk about but I would assume it is safe also.Obviously it has a higher bioavailability iv than oral.Its half life,volume of distrbution,protein binding etc is much the same.The makers are aware that people sometimes inject the stuff, so they ensure that it is safe to do so.Health depts DO NOT want to see lots of problems through "misuse".They do however try to discourage it.It wouldnt surprise me if Rachimim18 is a health worker posing as a junky, trying to spoil peoples fun.As always though, when injecting large amounts of fluid,be careful.;)
EXCELLENT points, Kramorph. Of course there are junkies out there (such as myself) that have shot 'done.

kramorph
02-27-2006, 09:01 PM
Anyone know how stable methadone is when heated. I have finally convinced my doctor to let me have 1 take away a week, so now I can legally take home and inject, trouble is they dilute it up to 200mls with water,some people just shoot the whole 200ml, via 4 50ml shots. I personally dont like that idea, so was wondering if I could just boil it to dryness (or near dryness), and shoot that. Will the 'done degrade,and if so to what, anything toxic? I cant seem to find much info on this.Maybe it will be back to trial and error again as usual. Why cant they just fucken give me a 200ml bottle of concentrate every 10 days????

electros[h]ockpatient
03-10-2006, 04:20 PM
Maybe in Oz, but not in the States. Here the pharma co.'s are known for putting all kinds of nasty binders into pills in order to discourage misuse (insufflation & IV). These binders can cause blockages in your veins which can lead to loss of limbs, the binders can build up in your lung tissue and cause emphysema and other lung problems... This obviously does not stop misuse, it just leads to many horrible repercussions for the IV user. I'm sure the livejuice is no different here (especially the kinds given at clinics).

i must be lucky then, my clinic offers pure liquid methadone/no additives and even for newcomers/methaclub rejoiners like me get a take home bottle on sunday in which they only add insignifcant amount of water.

they also offer methadose waifers with the binders/preservatives you mention, i wouldnt try iv'ing it, but if someone did i assume you would want to go for the clear liquid stuff as opposed to the sediment at the bottom of the carry-home bottle.

btw -- im going to see how well i take 80mg (or maybe half that) iv come sunday.

THEPAINTER1960
03-10-2006, 05:15 PM
I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with injecting methadone syrup. I understand that injecting the stuff mixed with juice is not a good idea so what I was talking about is the plain methadone liquid from Canada. It is made by Pharmascience it is called Metadol. The dosage is 10mg/ml. The liquid is clear and flows just like water. It's not thick or oily. It is just clear and seems to be very pure. I'm wondering if this is safe to inject? I do not have any of it but a friend of mine does and he's wondering if it would be a bad idea to inject it. The bottles are 500ml bottles and the methadone inside of them is very clean and protected from dust and other things. He says it looks very shootable but he's not sure. So if anyone knows about this particular brand of methadone and if it's okay to shoot please respond. It is a Canadian brand though so many people haven't heard of it. In a dream I tried some and it was really good methadone. Better than the Lily and Roxane, methadone. And it made the Mallinkrodt(sp) methadone seem like crap. Also, what would you, or your friends, compare injecting methadone to? What drug is it most like when injected (in it's effects and rush, not length) Also do your friends or your dog know anything about I.M'ing methadone liquid and SC'ing methadone? If so describe the effects your friends or dog got from injecting this fine liquid.
When i was on the methadone clinc down in florida about 10years ago . I was on a 100 millagram of the pill. After about two years i was on they changed the liquid they were giving out from methadose cherry flavored to this pink watery liquid.I Looked at it and the next day i changed from the pill to the pink liquid. and also got some 3 cc syringes. Any way i used to inject my methadone from that day on and i liked it . It took three 3cc shots to do a100 millagrams. I managed to pull that off for about 6 months before they thru me off the clinic for diverting my methadone

electros[h]ockpatient
03-12-2006, 12:57 PM
UPDATE -- Sunday: 3/12/06 - 8:30 AM

Mainlined my methadone (about 1/3 of my dose, which is 80mg at the moment; do the math [80 * .33 = 26.4 mg]). The stuff i get is pure, clear, liquid methadone; that means no fillers, no binders, nothing. The nurse who gave it to me didn't even add water (or juice like they used to 5 years ago) to my Sunday carry-home bottle!

I can tell you, the IV'ing of pure liquid methadone isn't bad at all! It felt somewhat similiar to a Heroin rush... Don't get me wrong, it wasn't something that could compare with a first hit, or a strong 3-5 bag hit in a 3ml syringe (which is consequentially what i used for the 26.4mg of liquid 'done). BUT, it does hit you within 30 seconds (rather than creep on in 1.5-3 hr peak, orally) which really gives you that sensation of a rush. Whether it be a mild rush, or the feeling of a normal H rush 1.5 minutes in as opposed to .5 minutes when it first hits you... if that makes any sense.

The nice part is i still have the majority of my dose to take later on today to stave off w/d symptoms when they start to take effect. Up until this point, 80mg wasn't holding me longer than 14 hrs, so splitting up my dose is actually somewhat ideal. The funnest part is I have the option of banging it again later when i've come completely down (and if IV'ing a bag of H can set me good for 12 hours off w/d, then i should have no problems with the 'done doing exactly the same thing or better). Oh glory days!

kramorph
03-27-2006, 03:01 AM
When I do get to divert and bang my done I also split it into two shots now.Much better than being greedy and having it all at once.But diverting getting hard now as they caught me a few months ago.Watch me like a hawk ever since, but I still get my 1 take away a week.Plus they have to blink sometimes.Just enough time to divert.Any diversion methods anyone wanna share, coz I have to keep one step ahead of the chemist, and Im running out of ideas.

always looking
04-21-2006, 05:13 PM
I have extensive experience with methadone. I have never injected anything, I'm a snorter of anything like oxycontin, or roxicontin but I found that certain things help to intensify the effects of methadone when taken orrally, (I've only snorted methadone once and it was one of the worst burns ever, I'll never do that again) but I have found that the more sugar you take with methadone the better, when I used to take my dose whether at the clinic or if I bought in on the street I would make a big batch of Kool-Aid with as much sugar as I could stand.

Surplusjack
04-26-2006, 05:44 PM
Can anyone please tell me if you can I/V the Methadose pills? If so how much should I do( I have a pretty big tolerance) and do I just heat it up with water?

Thank you for any reply's

shaunclo
04-26-2006, 05:52 PM
Can anyone please tell me if you can I/V the Methadose pills? If so how much should I do( I have a pretty big tolerance) and do I just heat it up with water?

Thank you for any reply's

I asked the same Q a while ago and regardless of the answers I got I tried it anyways. So I am here to say that it cannot be done, UNLESS you have a huge syringe and a fuck-load of water. I would just take it orally.

Curio
04-26-2006, 09:09 PM
Hope none of you that are wanting to shoot your 'done will take this the wrong way,
but STICK IT UP YOUR ASS!!!
:juggle:
Seriously, we were discussing this on another thread...and so many people are wanting to shoot this stuff and it's awkward, time=consuming, and dangerous for shooting up...rectal dosing is a solution to many of these problems...

reddragon3668
04-27-2006, 12:05 PM
I have extensive experience with methadone. I have never injected anything, I'm a snorter of anything like oxycontin, or roxicontin but I found that certain things help to intensify the effects of methadone when taken orrally, (I've only snorted methadone once and it was one of the worst burns ever, I'll never do that again) but I have found that the more sugar you take with methadone the better, when I used to take my dose whether at the clinic or if I bought in on the street I would make a big batch of Kool-Aid with as much sugar as I could stand.
That makes allot of sense. I had an experience yesterday. My wife fixed a coca-cola cake (it rocks! anyone want the recipe, let me know) and it has this icing that is full of powdered sugar. Yesterday, I ate quite a bit more of it than I should have. Then, because it was raining and I was hurting a bit more than usual, I took a bit more Methadone than my usual dosage. About thirty to forty minutes later, I had what seemed like a panic attack. I got all dizzy and lightheaded, seemed like my breathing was somewhat depressed. It scared me for a few minutes. I wondered if I had taken too much 'done, although what I took was nothing compared to what I have taken in the past. As quickly as it came on, it retreated. It was weird. Now, of course, if sugar potentiates Methadone's effect, my system was loaded with it. Now that I know that, maybe I can take that ride again. :D More than likely my breathing was due to being a bit scared.

BiGbOi
05-20-2006, 08:13 PM
I am from canada and all the methadone where i am from is mixed with alot of orange juice. Could you shoot that up your bum (umm that was hard to type).

Be safe and have fun!!!

vanilla_mlkshake2007
05-20-2006, 08:41 PM
[quote=ontario_opiophile]I was just wondering if anyone has had experience with injecting methadone syrup. I understand that injecting the stuff mixed with juice is not a good idea so what I was talking about is the plain methadone liquid from Canada. It is made by Pharmascience it is called Metadol. The dosage is 10mg/ml. The liquid is clear and flows just like water. It's not thick or oily. It is just clear and seems to be very pure. I'm wondering if this is safe to inject? I do not have any of it but a friend of mine does and he's wondering if it would be a bad idea to inject it. The bottles are 500ml bottles and the methadone inside of them is very clean and protected from dust and other things. He says it looks very shootable but he's not sure. So if anyone knows about this particular brand of methadone and if it's okay to shoot please respond. It is a Canadian brand though so many people haven't heard of it. In a dream I tried some and it was really good methadone. Better than the Lily and Roxane, methadone. And it made the Mallinkrodt(sp) methadone seem like crap. Also, what would you, or your friends, compare injecting methadone to? What drug is it most like when injected (in it's effects and rush, not length) Also do your friends or your dog know anything about I.M'ing methadone liquid and SC'ing methadone? If so describe the effects your friends or dog got from injecting this fine liquid.
Just take it easy the first time and you should find it works out from what i've heardbut I have never tried it myself.I prefer not to cook my opiates as I find they tend to become very oily or thick and then nearly impossible to draw threw my syringes I use.I use the diabetic 1cc 30 gauge,but then I know alot of people will disagree w/ me and say cooking it a li'l is the best way to go.I just crush it my opiates up fine w/ a mortar and pestal put a lil water ina nd draw it up inject it and lick whats left on the spoon and then of course clean all my equipment except the syringe which I use fresh every time.I find this works better w/no veins.In the state of Maine I know there was a huge problem last year and the year b-4 of people overdoseing by using the methadone your speaking of and injecting it,so please be very careful!

cuttelfish
06-09-2006, 10:34 PM
That makes allot of sense. I had an experience yesterday. My wife fixed a coca-cola cake (it rocks! anyone want the recipe, let me know) and it has this icing that is full of powdered sugar. Yesterday, I ate quite a bit more of it than I should have. Then, because it was raining and I was hurting a bit more than usual, I took a bit more Methadone than my usual dosage. About thirty to forty minutes later, I had what seemed like a panic attack. I got all dizzy and lightheaded, seemed like my breathing was somewhat depressed. It scared me for a few minutes. I wondered if I had taken too much 'done, although what I took was nothing compared to what I have taken in the past. As quickly as it came on, it retreated. It was weird. Now, of course, if sugar potentiates Methadone's effect, my system was loaded with it. Now that I know that, maybe I can take that ride again. :D More than likely my breathing was due to being a bit scared.
I know exactly what you are talking about. I did some research .. and experimented a bit also .. here is what I came up with.

If you are on a stabel dose of 'done and have built up a good amount in your bloodstream (such that you could go a couple days without full WD setting in), and you take a high dose of 'done you can get that feeling of panick/not catching your breath etc. The sugar is also a factor. Eat a lot of sugar the day before .. and also right after you take your methadone. What I've been able to figure out is that there seem to be two parts to methadone. There is the part where you feel the opiate about 1.5-2 hours after you take it ... and there is the part that hangs with you (stays in your blood and keeps you out of WD). the part that stays in your blood can build up and you can have quite a high level but it won't give you any warm opiate feeling. That can only be felt from the 5-6 hours after you take a dose. I've looked it up and it seems that for pain control they recommend you take methadone every 6 hours .. no matter how big your dose is .. it won't last past that. In other words, of the two parts, the "opiate warm feeling" part goes away even though the other part (that builds in your bloodstream) stays on and keeps building up. Because you have a high level in your blood, you are getting that feeling of breathlessness etc when you take a larger amount .. and for some reason .. sugar seems to potentiate this.

I know this is confusing .. but I am not quite all there tonight ... I'm nodding a bit. All I can say is ... methadone is a weird drug .. and it has two parts .. lol I've actually had so much built up in my blood stream that I felt like I was going to pass out at work once. I could not catch my breath .. and I was kinda sick to my stomach ... and I was major dizzy. I had taken a good dose of methadone because my pain was back with a vengence so I knew I was not getting any opiate effect from my dose the night before. However, even though I wasn't getting any of the opiate/pain relief affect .. my blood level was still pretty high. I talked to my doctor about this and he lowered my methadone dose a bit and gave me oxycontin to take along with the methadone. Later he brought my methadone back up and I am doing great now .. but I know enough not to take an extra methadone pill unless I am able to lay in bed for a while.