PDA

View Full Version : Cookin Up Methadone

skinfan818
04-21-2007, 04:11 PM
Can someone please explain to me how to cook up methadone or let me know if it is even possible or worth the trouble.

Thanks

Brony
04-21-2007, 04:22 PM
it's not worth your time or the trouble. methadone has great oral bioavailability (it's easily absorbed by the body).

since you're new here why don't you introduce yourself here (start a new thread): http://forum.opiophile.org/forumdisplay.php?f=116

oh yeah, welcome to Opiophile man.

skinfan818
04-21-2007, 04:29 PM
Thanks bronyraur.... I have never cooked up anything or injected anything and was just wondering how to go about doing it and was gonna practice with a methadone. Can you be of any help in that regard?

Skinfan

Brony
04-21-2007, 04:31 PM
Thanks bronyraur.... I have never cooked up anything or injected anything and was just wondering how to go about doing it and was gonna practice with a methadone. Can you be of any help in that regard?

Skinfan

if you have never shot anything before, PLEASE don't start.

if you do try, DO NOT practice with methadone.

have an experienced IV user prepare a shot for you, have him/her administer it and stay with you to make sure you don't OD or have any other bad things happen to you.

skinfan818
04-21-2007, 04:51 PM
Thanks for the advice bud... I will not try with methadone if i even ever try with anything..... but what is the best way to take the methadone and get its best affect?... I have 11 10 mg pills and am a long time opiate user.... mostly oxycontins.

Sitar
04-21-2007, 06:39 PM
Just eat it. It absorbs perfectly well in the stomach, and shooting it or sniffing it does not increase the effects nor make it kick in quicker. Oral is the way to go.

nick
04-21-2007, 06:43 PM
Oh man,I just welcomed you then this......................

Forget shooting anything,nevermind 'done.In fact ,try not to take 'done at all.

Shooting fucks you up and so does 'done.

Take care.

HeidiW
04-21-2007, 07:01 PM
Hey, just to let you know what you're in for if you start shooting up methadone.

I did this shit. I started out with syrup and then switched to pills.

I've had 2 heart attacks as a DIRECT RESULT of this behavior, according to a cardiologist, the sugar in the syrup and the talc in the pills had a wee-bit to do with them.

This shit is no joke.

DO NOT shoot methadone (or ANY drug) if you want to remain some-what healthy.

You're in for a lifetime of bullshit if you do.

Plus, a monkey on your back very few can get rid of once they start.

Consider this before you make your decision.

noahzark
04-21-2007, 11:47 PM
Pills are for eating. Only people who start banging things not made for that will be sorry. What is so bad about eating the pill on an empty tummy and then slamming a beer if y ou need more kick.

Why abuse your bod unless it is worth it?

HeidiW
04-22-2007, 12:25 AM
Yes, noah.

Pills simply aren't made to be injected.

Tar_Baby
04-22-2007, 12:36 AM
seems i gotta reanswer this every few months

1) no rush
2) still have to wait for 2 hr kick in
3) it has 90 ish % bio avail orally
4) no rush
5) see 1 and 4

If you are just wanting to use a needle out of fixation ..bang some water after you drink the methadone.Oh and heat destroys opiates

Tar_Baby
04-22-2007, 12:36 AM
Shit I never even cooked up my tar heroin shots

Badly Drawn Girl
04-22-2007, 03:45 AM

Skinfan

We can all help by saying "NO NO NO NO NO" and "Don't do it!"

Always happy to help :)

IceCold
04-23-2007, 10:18 AM
Shooting pills is a good way to kill yourself. I recently saw an HBO documentary in which this guy's wife shot this guy up with crushed up valiums and other pills in his sleep everyday. The guy was dead within one year from the insoluble stuff in the pills caused a blood clot in his lungs. The insolubes from the pills were also getting stuck in the small blood vessals in his eyes which fucked up his eyes pretty bad.

Mofomanraman
04-27-2007, 02:16 PM
Even IV methadone is a really nasty drug which is very sore at the point of injection, I used to do it when I had nothing else, and even grade A pharmacuetical Methadone prepared for injection causes all sort's of problem's with the vein's. It nearly alway's result's in some thrombosis of the vein's around the site of injection which is really nasty if you have a habit, as you can't use that sitwe for a while.

Trust us when we say, don't start injecting, it's really hard to ever look back once you do.

Greendaze
04-27-2007, 04:19 PM
I love to see harm reduction in action!

Pick any of the above responses, and I'll add a "me too".

oldschool?
04-27-2007, 07:46 PM
Firstly I agree with HeideW's (sorry spelling likey wrong) warning that I.V.ing anything is ultimately bad however, I used to buy concentrated liquid methatdone (no juice) and would choose it over morphine anyday as it was much like H to fix.

Like heide I shot juice for a while (untill a vein collapsed and i wised up). No actually - come to think of it I confessed to my methadone nurse and they added 5 times as much juice so it hurt too much to fix!! (naturally I tried once anyway!!)

I also went through the trouble of learning how to extract the stuff from my juice with kitchen chemistry but for the sake of self preservation I've never aquired the neccesary chemicals...

p.s. about a year ago when I was madly trying to learn how to extract the stuff heiede claimed she I'v'd the juice with no ill effects!!
live and learn!! I'm glad to hear your still around!!