PDA

View Full Version : snorting valium

JahRed24
04-18-2007, 07:47 PM
Does it work to snort valium? better off eating it? is it even absorbed intra nasally? j/w...i am pretty sure i heard somewhere awhile ago that snorting valiums were a 'no go'. :confused:

Brony
04-18-2007, 08:01 PM
Does it work to snort valium? better off eating it? is it even absorbed intra nasally? j/w...i am pretty sure i heard somewhere awhile ago that snorting valiums were a 'no go'. :confused:

yes, you can physically snort the pill, but it's waste of time.

benzos are well absorbed orally, so why go to all the effort of snorting?

didn't you ask this question in another thread?

Rhonda
04-18-2007, 09:26 PM
What's the rush? Isn't valium supposed to be about relaxing? that could be bad for your nose too couldn't it?

Rhonda

tonyk
04-18-2007, 10:43 PM
Just for extra info: I don't think valium would be good in your lungs as some gets absorbed in your nasal passages and the rest travels to the lungs to be absorbed by the small capillaries. I know for a fact that IV liquid valium is a definite no for the lungs because it has an oil-like base. I am thinking that the powdered valium in the tablet form would be similar if not the same. Most other drugs don't have the oil problem so atleast they wouldn't coat the lungs with oil (BAD). This is all just FYI.

Hammilton
04-19-2007, 08:22 AM
if you snort it, it'll work quicker. Orally though it works pretty quick, but expect a quarter of that time to take effect.

Snorting Benzo's meant for IV use (why? I know...) would work even better than powdered pill, but you'd get absolutely none into your lungs.

Snorting the powder will get some poweder into your lungs- but the size of these pills means that it'll be absolutely damn near nothing: no more than walking in a dusty room, and probably WAY less

mikells43
04-19-2007, 12:56 PM
I know xanax has something in it that if u snort it then it wolnt break down and disolove and therefore u will not get the affect u desire. i think its something like a sulfide. if u snort a sulfide based drug then the water in ur nasal passages will not disolve it so therefore nothing. i dont know if valum is a sulfide or not but xanax is and u cannot snort ti to get a buzz

Papa Verine
04-19-2007, 01:36 PM
I've snorted valiums before and it's not worth it. I did it once and never again. It doesn't increase the potency or make the effects any better what-so-ever. Just eat them.

Sitar
04-19-2007, 02:48 PM
I know xanax has something in it that if u snort it then it wolnt break down and disolove and therefore u will not get the affect u desire. i think its something like a sulfide. if u snort a sulfide based drug then the water in ur nasal passages will not disolve it so therefore nothing. i dont know if valum is a sulfide or not but xanax is and u cannot snort ti to get a buzz

Wrong. Xanax is one of the only benzos that WILL work snorted.

And why do people think that snorting drugs makes them go into your lungs? They don't wind up in your lungs, I don't care how good your imagination is.

Hammilton
04-19-2007, 03:35 PM
of course some ends up in your lungs. They get caught up in the air and follow it to the end passage way.

don't imagine your nasal cavity contains a cig-like filter

JahRed24
04-19-2007, 04:02 PM
yeah ok i agree its better just to eat. for sure...

What would you guys do if you had 60mg chunk , off an 80, brand name. Would you snort it or crush it and eat it? im saying snort, cuz i like it a lot better and everytime i eat em they just don't work as well it seems like empty stomach and all... i dunno what do u guys think? also: valium and oc good mix?:confused:

sorry for rambling swim is stoned:cool: and faded. ;) :cloud9: jah bless! Peace and stay on de irie trail ya'll!

Sinderella
04-19-2007, 04:02 PM
I used to snort Xanax all the time...I never had a problem with it working for me..It came on quick and hard and I loved it...

Brony
04-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Wrong. Xanax is one of the only benzos that WILL work snorted.

And why do people think that snorting drugs makes them go into your lungs? They don't wind up in your lungs, I don't care how good your imagination is.

Actually Sitar, small amounts of the powdered pill do going into your lungs. Candy had posted about this very subject in a thread a while back.

Sitar
04-19-2007, 06:26 PM
Any powder that does make it past your nasal cavity is going to settle on the walls of the throat before getting anywhere near the lungs. Remember, your nasal cavity, throat, trachea, and everything else inside your body is wet.

There would be millions of well-known cases of lung disease, cancer, and other lung-related illnesses directly related to snorting if snorting drugs went into the lungs.

As it stands, saying that powder goes into the lungs is just your imagination and is not based on any kind of fact.