PDA

View Full Version : DXM does the trick- no tolerance buildup!

jinxxx
03-09-2007, 02:40 PM
Well, it's been proved on myself. Nest time you pop, consume 105 mgs of DXM 45 mins prior to your oral oxy. As an added bonus, it'll give you a little non-toxic euphoria thanks to its structural similarity to opioids, primarily its antagonistic action at the NMDA receptor.

I popped 45 mg on Tuesday (with dxm of course) and 35 mg today, and am nodding and have "swooshing" ion my ears like my first time 20 mg dose around 4 weeks ago. I even got the itchies!

A lil magnesium is the next best thing you can use, excluding parkinsons medications.

Has anyone else had success with NMDA antagonists on maintaining/lowering their tolerance?

Here's a nice read http://www.dr-bob.org/babble/20031015/msgs/270735.html

jerets
03-09-2007, 03:40 PM
Ketamine is also supposed to reverse tolerance. Glad to hear it worked for you! I used to use Magnesium and Ginko Bilabo to help keep tolerance down.
Jerets

jinxxx
03-09-2007, 03:44 PM
What made you stop? Or are you an ex-user?

Sitar
03-09-2007, 04:05 PM
A few years ago, a good dose of Tramadol mixed with a dose of DXM (around 70 mgs) would have me in heaven and nodding hard. Those 2 drugs are incredibly synergistic. I never felt quite the same powerful synergy from any other opioid with DXM, but it did add a little to everything other than Buprenorphine, which didn't play so well with DXM.

But yes, there has been some scientific research done with DXM and opioids showing that it is indeed a potent potentiator. I believe that there's even a pill out there that is a mix of morphine and DXM.

SuperJunky
03-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Has anyone else had success with NMDA antagonists on maintaining/lowering their tolerance?

I used DXm heavily for it's dissasiociative effects, any where between 180 and 500mg a day w/ occasional high doses up to 1000mgs. During this time I started doing dope regularly, and probably did dope atleast 4 or 5 days a week if not more, I considered a good week a week I got to do some dope or oxy etc everyday. I kept this up for a year and concluded I couldnt get dopesick, that I was immune, but then I quit doing dxm and w/ in a month I was hooked.

I still use DXM on occasion as a potentiator and to lower tolerance.

Ketamine is also supposed to reverse tolerance. Glad to hear it worked for you! I used to use Magnesium and Ginko Bilabo to help keep tolerance down.
Jerets

I've used ketamine for this before, I think they sinergize wuite nicely. Not full blown K hole doses, just small doses, maybe 30mgs on the high end, 10 on the low, always IV mixed w/ or a bit before the dope.

I take a magnesium supplement regualrly to help w/ tolerance etc and used to take ginko biloba for its nootrpoic effects, but have never heard it can effect opiate tolerance. Is this anecdotal or do you have some sort of source you got the info from etc.? I find this very interesting.

A few years ago, a good dose of Tramadol mixed with a dose of DXM (around 70 mgs) would have me in heaven and nodding hard. Those 2 drugs are incredibly synergistic. I never felt quite the same powerful synergy from any other opioid with DXM, but it did add a little to everything other than Buprenorphine, which didn't play so well with DXM.

I've never mixed DXM and Tramadol, its the only opiate I havnt mixed DXM w/, mostly because tramadol has ssri activity and ssri's + dxm = seratonin fever, which is not fun at all. I suppose if you just used a small dose it wouldnt be to much of a problem I just never had the nuts to mix em, I would try a small dose of dxm, maybe 30 or 40 mgs and work up form there if any one trys this. I'm not sure about this but it seems that adding DXM to tramadol could increase the risk of seizure.

mrklean
03-09-2007, 06:26 PM
I am psyched on this thread's timely appearance. I have been having my ass kicked all over by some kind of non dope related illness the flu or similar for like the last three days. I'm starting to feel better today but the cough I was having prompted me to rediscover the magic of DXM. I used to do alot of it when I was younger but I haven't messed with it much since I had a kind of bad experience trying to use it as while in some level of pretty intense H and C abuse. I don't remember much of it besides I was turned off to DXM for awhile. Anyways, I did a shot and a half of Robo DM really just to keep from coughing myself to death and I got really pleasant buzz.Totally unexpected kinda. Good call on not mixing DXM and Tramadol I haven't personally tryed the combination but I couldn't imagine their effects being complimentary, and it doesn't surprise me Superjunk says it can cause seretonin syndrome. Just thinking about taking them together kinda gives me the willies. DXM and tramadol when taken by themselves give me very intense jaw clenching I'm talking painful, If I took them together I think I would bite through my own head. I really hate that feeling of your teeth and face hurting the next day. I get that alot. I think DXM is a great potentiator this one online pharm service used to offer 15mg hydro compounded with DXM theat was a good mix. I myself have witnessed a tolerance increase to DXM though is this what the thread is about or tolerance to opiates being augmented by DXM?

SuperJunky
03-09-2007, 07:44 PM
It's about using DXM to potentiate opiates, or to lower tolerance, or slow the progression of tolerance.

I have noticed a tolerance to DXM after much use, but it seems to have a ceiling where tolerance can't get any higher, or you would have to increase your daily intake greatky to increase it any more. I felt kinda weird after stopping DXM after a while but I don't think it could really be called WD. But then again I was on a lot of dope so that may have just covered it up.

l4l5
03-09-2007, 10:18 PM
what is the full name ? DXM?
and can someone shed some light on how magnesium helps with tol
?

mrklean
03-09-2007, 11:42 PM
dextromethorphan