PDA

View Full Version : Oxycodone mixing with Tramadol

JahRed24
03-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Hey is ok to mix oxycontin (oxycodone) with Tramadol?? cuz i know people say that if u take tramadol while on methadone it can send u into really bad withdrawals fast.....Will the tramadol intensify the OC?? or what?

JahRed24
03-04-2007, 09:50 PM
i cant find any info on whether or not its good to mix tramadol with oxycodone...damn wtf...anyone else know?? i just wanna make sure it wont turn my oc high into an "acute withdrawal" or w/e...but I think thats only with methadone? so yeah oxy + Tramadol = ......?? (hopefully it will just make me feel even better!)

BizzyBone
03-04-2007, 10:04 PM
Ive done it plenty of times and its fine in my book brother

JahRed24
03-04-2007, 11:00 PM
anyone else have any info on mixing Tramadol and Oxycodone??? :confused: thx!!

cracksinthepavement
03-04-2007, 11:25 PM
Hey is ok to mix oxycontin (oxycodone) with Tramadol?? cuz i know people say that if u take tramadol while on methadone it can send u into really bad withdrawals fast.....Will the tramadol intensify the OC?? or what?

It's possible, but leans heavily on the stupid side of things.

JahRed24
03-05-2007, 01:15 PM
huh? leans on the stupid side of things? how is mixing tramadol and oxycodone stupid? im not a dumbass thats gonna O.D.:) ... anyone else have anything to add about the tramadol+oxycontin mix?

cracksinthepavement
03-05-2007, 04:45 PM
huh? leans on the stupid side of things? how is mixing tramadol and oxycodone stupid? im not a dumbass thats gonna O.D.:) ... anyone else have anything to add about the tramadol+oxycontin mix?

You're mixing a weak pseudo-opiate with a full-on agonist.. Just take the oxy, forget the ultram until you are wd'ing, even then it wont help much until a couple days in.. IMO of course

roxi*stardust
03-06-2007, 07:10 PM
What is your deal with tramadol dude? You have a thread in every forum that says: ________ and Tramadol, ok to mix? Tramadol sucks. If you have all the other shit you want to mix with it, throw those damn trammies out. They suck, the have no euphoria, don't make for a pleasant high, and taking alot of the can cause seizures.

xxTwistedElegancexx
03-07-2007, 06:44 PM
I've mixed oxy and tramadol (I'm a big fan of tramadol it's what introduced me to opiates and I'd rather have it than anything else... As long as I have a little something else to mix with it) But it lasts long and the euphoria from it is better in my opinion than anything else I've tried and I've tried alot. But like I've said I've mixed it before wit no problem, The 40 OC I had wasn't strong enough so I mixed it with tramadol and had a nice night.

Sitar
03-07-2007, 06:51 PM
Anyone who thinks Tramadol has no euphoria must have burnt out all the receptors in their brains so bad they can't feel anything anymore.

It may not be morphine, but it's good stuff. Quit picking on it, everybody!

Brony
03-07-2007, 06:58 PM
...(I'm a big fan of tramadol it's what introduced me to opiates and I'd rather have it than anything else...

i can't believe I'm reading this...:confused::(

mrbigsexy
03-07-2007, 10:48 PM
Sorry to burst in here, I'm just wondering if there is any correlation between how the Tramadol is taken and who likes it? I'm thinking that those who inject it would probably like it the most I'm guessing since it would hit you all at once. I don't think anybody snorts Tramadol with their OC, but I could be wrong. Anybody know?

insaneike
03-07-2007, 11:09 PM
Wow... just wow at some you guys...

I've never known anyone in person who has ever felt anyhting from tramadol... aside from a few ppl online. I tried mixing it with every opi i've ever done i think and didn't make no diff. Trams won't even help my WDs the least bit. Hell lortab/codiclear doesn't even ease WDs for crap. You guys who can feel ANYTHING from trams consider yourselves VERRRRY lucky! Im fucking jealous... literally. bastards...

and wtf is with the tram threads lately dude??? yes, u can mix it with anyhting but methadone! use the fuckign search dude, jeez. IT's been covered!!!

your avg. person FROM MY EXP(so no one replies to me saying trams work, cause i KNOW THEY DO! just not for everyone k) can't feel anyhting from trams tho, they are just that weak... and yeah,s ome you guys make me fucking jealous, bastards lol

The Lurker
03-07-2007, 11:21 PM
Hey y'all, Lighter Fluid with Tramadol, ok to mix? ;) Ohhhhh, shit, that burns! :D

The first 100 or so trams I did worked pretty well (yeah, I'm one of those....). Though they made me want to lie down more than other meds. Now, they seem more speedy and not as pleasant as they used to be. Of course, I was usually taking them with a little pot back then, which helped.......

Don't mix them with antibiotics, either. Not fun and you could induce seizures.

-TL

Sitar
03-08-2007, 04:20 PM
People that bitch and moan about Tramadol drive me nuts.

They develop this gigantic gorilla of a habit, then take a little dose of Tramadol and expect to be blown away. Then when they don't feel anything, they immediately jump to the conclusion that it sucks.

Have you people with these giant habits tried Codeine or Hydro lately? I guarantee you won't feel anything from those either. If your tolerance is so high that you can't feel Tramadol then there's a very good likelihood that you will be too tolerant to feel Codeine and Hydro as well. And forget about Darvocets.

Also, there's the issue that Tramadol has its own very unique effects profile, and while it shares some similar effects to standard opiates, it is its own thing. It has some effects that normal opiates don't have, and some they do. Don't expect it to feel just like Morphine or Oxy because it just won't. Open your mind and learn to appreciate it for the unique drug that it is.

It's kind of an opioid and kind of not. But it doesn't suck and it's better for certain kinds of pain than Morphine is. Ask a fibromyalgia or gout patient what their DOC is and they'll tell you Tramadol.

insaneike
03-08-2007, 04:55 PM
^^^

Did you read what i posted?

Before i had a toler i tried trams, didnt do SHIT. Along with ANYONE I PERSONALLY KNOW! No one i know aside from online friends have ever get jack from any amounts of trama side from this one friend of my moms but she has zero toler too and gets off on a single lortab 10. I tried trams and lortab sooooo many times and never gained shit. Now some years ago beofre i started using i oculd take about 50mg lortab and get pretty damn good! but i have never ocne felt SHIT from ANY amount of trams. I have a bunch of friends who will tell ya the same.

so yes, tramadol is worthless crap!!! maybe not for you but for most ppl it's completely worthless. Everyone is different and reacts differnetly to said chemicals. like some ppl get off from like just 4mg lortab, that doesn't mean this other dude with no toler will too...

all in all, tramadol sucks for everyone i know and myself(not inlcuding online friends).

consider yourself lucky... yeah some like it some dont, so? it sucks for some(most) ppl and its great for others! theres nothing to discuss, u only like it or dont. IF you get mad for ppl saying they hate trams well you got some issues to work on, cause trams DO SUCK for SOOOOO many ppl man... yes im talking ppl with no toler whatsoever(which is when i tried them).

tptptp
03-08-2007, 06:47 PM
What Sitar said.

Tramadol works well, if you aren't an addict basically. Dont diss the med, it does what its supposed to.

Brony
03-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Dont diss the med, it does what its supposed to.

while it doesn't work for me, it's gotta work for some people out there.

why would it be on the market otherwise?

(that's a rhetorical question for the person waiting to post a wise-ass reply)

tptptp
03-08-2007, 06:58 PM
It doesnt do much for me anymore, but when i was a newbie it worked quite well! and it still works just less so. just because its weak doesnt mean it doesnt work. Many people seem tio think so

Sitar
03-08-2007, 07:22 PM
^^^

Did you read what i posted?

Before i had a toler i tried trams, didnt do SHIT. Along with ANYONE I PERSONALLY KNOW! No one i know aside from online friends have ever get jack from any amounts of trama side from this one friend of my moms but she has zero toler too and gets off on a single lortab 10. I tried trams and lortab sooooo many times and never gained shit. Now some years ago beofre i started using i oculd take about 50mg lortab and get pretty damn good! but i have never ocne felt SHIT from ANY amount of trams. I have a bunch of friends who will tell ya the same.

Yeah I read what you posted, and it still means nothing to me.

You say NO ONE you knew liked Tramadol, etc. What's NO ONE, like maybe 2 other people? That's not exactly a good cross-section of the world there, a couple stoners popping grandma's Ultram before school one day.

I'm just saying that Tramadol is a good medicine and is actually more effective at a buzz and pain relief than Codiene, Propoxyphene, and yes, even Hydrocodone, IF you have a reasonably low tolerance.

If you have a big tolerance, it's likely not gonna be that good, but the same thing can be said about a LOT of opiates.

robojunkie
03-08-2007, 07:36 PM
Tramadol better than hydro??????? Why are people so into posting about/defending this abortion of an opioid? Jesus H. Christ, how 'bout some threads about mixing heroin and coke. Or maybe just heroin and heroin? Come on guys, I know someone's got some questions about this...

SuperJunky
03-08-2007, 07:37 PM
I find that even small doses of tramadol can block the rush and part of the high from stronger opiates. I'd suggest to just take the oxy, or atleast take the oxy first. Tramadol used to give me some good effects. Shooting it isnt a good idea seeing as it needs to be metabolized to be worth anything. Thats why I always say you should take the dose of tram over a few hours atleast and why I like the time release tabs better. Its not completly worthless, and is definatly better than nothing. To answer all yor future tramadol questions -yes- unless a drug raises the risk of seizure, and its another opiate or even benzo, it is ok to mix but I wouldnt suggest it because of for mentioned reasons. I have even mixed tram w/ done and had no problem... The only thing I wouldnt suggest is mixing tram and an ssri, though there are a number of patience prescribed both.

ZodiacKiller
03-08-2007, 07:42 PM
This has been discussed to death so many times..

I think the bottom line is that Tramadol, being the partial agonist/antagonist that it is means some will enjoy it, some won't. I don't feel it has much value at all: I tried it way back when when hydro would still get me high with no luck, then, about 6 months ago I tried it for WD after a three-week H binge and it seemed to almost send me into precipitated WD. Shakes, clamminess, creep-crawly feeling, etc...

However, that's just me---others I know love it and claim to catch a buzz from it, so good for them. I certainly wouldn't mix it with a full-agonist opiate, though, just doesn't make sense to me. But again, we can argue this to death, but it's one of those things that works for some, not for others.

Let's try to keep the flaming to a minimum here, though, aiite? Good, thanks :rolleyes: .....

ZK

roxi*stardust
03-08-2007, 08:56 PM
Tramadol better than hydro??????? Why are people so into posting about/defending this abortion of an opioid? Jesus H. Christ, how 'bout some threads about mixing heroin and coke. Or maybe just heroin and heroin? Come on guys, I know someone's got some questions about this...

This has been discussed to death so many times..

I think the bottom line is that Tramadol, being the partial agonist/antagonist that it is means some will enjoy it, some won't. I don't feel it has much value at all: I tried it way back when when hydro would still get me high with no luck, then, about 6 months ago I tried it for WD after a three-week H binge and it seemed to almost send me into precipitated WD. Shakes, clamminess, creep-crawly feeling, etc...

However, that's just me---others I know love it and claim to catch a buzz from it, so good for them. I certainly wouldn't mix it with a full-agonist opiate, though, just doesn't make sense to me. But again, we can argue this to death, but it's one of those things that works for some, not for others.

Let's try to keep the flaming to a minimum here, though, aiite? Good, thanks :rolleyes: .....

ZK

Robo and Zk are right on about Tramadol. ZK those precipitated WD symptoms you experienced were very real. Tramadol will cause WD in people who are dependent on REAL opiates. Here is a quote form the Advanced Consumer Warnings or Drug Fact Sheet:

Also, if you are taking regular doses of narcotic medications for ongoing pain (e.g., cancer pain), starting tramadol may cause a withdrawal reaction. To prevent withdrawal reactions when stopping extended, regular treatment with this drug, gradually reduce the dosage as directed. Consult your doctor or pharmacist for more details, and report any withdrawal reactions immediately.
I have taken Tramadol and I have found that it is no more efffective for pain than Motrin 800mg, in fact the Motrin worked better for me. The "buzz" from it is light, that's being nice. I experienced absolutely no euphoria whatsoever, I did get a type of speedy, jittery feeling after dosing that reminded of either drinking too much coffee or coming down from cocaine, not a pleasant feeling at all. I took this medicine before I developed a habit so it's not a tolerance issue, I just found the drug to not be very effective. Everyone is different though and maybe it works for some people, maybe it's a placebo effect, who knows.

What I don't understand is why some people have gotten so bent when people said that it sucked, some even went as far as calling people addicts (like we all haven't admitted we are). I thought that was about as low as it gets. If you happen to like Tramadol and it works for you, that's fantastic but don't flat out tell people if they didn't use too much other stuff maybe it would work because that simply is not the case. I don't know anyone who thinks Tramadol is better than Lortab or even Darvies for that matter. Point is if it worked as good as some claim, it would be prescribed more often for severe pain, it is not. It's prescribed for mild to moderate pain. Lortab is 1000x better than Ultram, IMO.

l4l5
03-08-2007, 09:57 PM
when my doc had me on trams a few years ago, they were crap, id had the normal and extended release, did fuck all, so I took them with codeine 30mg and 150 extended release tram and i got a alrite buzz, and its not like an opiate high tho, its more like a scattered, been on meth for 3 days and comming off kind of feeling

Sitar
03-08-2007, 10:39 PM
I was just trying to speak for the percentage of the population for which Tramadol works well, since that side of things is hardly heard from around here.

insaneike
03-09-2007, 01:20 AM
I was just trying to speak for the percentage of the population for which Tramadol works well, since that side of things is hardly heard from around here.

Actually more ppl hate and find tramadol useless than the(rather small from what ive heard)percentage that do get something from it.

Just cause you do, guess what, doens't mean its good in general. Yes it is for YOU!

and better than hydro? just shut it already lmao!:rolleyes:

you sir have one FUCKED UP body and chemistry goin on up there... nuff said end of subject. and trams suck to the avg person wanna beleive it or not.

cracksinthepavement
03-09-2007, 01:30 AM
People that bitch and moan about Tramadol drive me nuts.

They develop this gigantic gorilla of a habit, then take a little dose of Tramadol and expect to be blown away. Then when they don't feel anything, they immediately jump to the conclusion that it sucks.

Have you people with these giant habits tried Codeine or Hydro lately? I guarantee you won't feel anything from those either. If your tolerance is so high that you can't feel Tramadol then there's a very good likelihood that you will be too tolerant to feel Codeine and Hydro as well. And forget about Darvocets.

Sorry man, but I do think tramadol is purely subjective in action so everything I've said is from experience.. And at times not even a high tolerance.. Tramadol gives me the shakes, it makes me sweat, and I get more panic than pain relief. I've read reports of euphoria but it's the last thing on my mind while taking tramadol, regardless of my tolerance.

Yes a good dose of hydro or even a high dose of codeine is enough to keep the monkey at bay(it does metabolize into morphine, after all, which tramadol does not), sometimes even make it happy for a while.

Nothing's meant to offend dude, I'll lay off the tramadol trashing. Peace.

Black_Pony
03-09-2007, 01:30 AM
^^^ I thought your signature was a bunch of tramadol? Why would you have that if you don't like them?

j/k!

cracksinthepavement
03-09-2007, 01:47 AM
What is your deal with tramadol dude? You have a thread in every forum that says: ________ and Tramadol, ok to mix? Tramadol sucks. If you have all the other shit you want to mix with it, throw those damn trammies out. They suck, the have no euphoria, don't make for a pleasant high, and taking alot of the can cause seizures.

Tramadol is useful to have around, as plan c. I've never said anything otherwise. I've never once said "tramadol sucks", only suggested it as a last resort. "You have a thread in every forum" is just off the wall.. If you must please reread my post archive. I'm not sure where you got that.

insaneike
03-09-2007, 02:01 AM
^^^ I thought your signature was a bunch of tramadol? Why would you have that if you don't like them?

j/k!

mine? thats like 30 Roxicodone 30mg(IR Oxy) and like 50 Methadone 10s... if ya wnat i can send ya the full pic where u can actually see the imprints lol.

roxi*stardust
03-09-2007, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by roxi*stardust http://forum.opiophile.org/images/gnome/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?p=102637#post102637)

Tramadol is useful to have around, as plan c. I've never said anything otherwise. I've never once said "tramadol sucks", only suggested it as a last resort. "You have a thread in every forum" is just off the wall.. If you must please reread my post archive. I'm not sure where you got that.

I'm not sure where you got that my quote was directed at you, have you started 3 or 4 threads asking if Tramadol is okay to mix with Oxy, Hydro, or 'done? I don't think so. I was talking to Jah, who started all 3 threads I refered to above and I think there may be several more. Tramadol can cause precipitated WD in people dependent on real opiates so I wouldn't even use it as a plan "c". but sorry if you thought I was refering to you, because I certainly wasn't unless you also started threads like that.

Sitar
03-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Again, 2 stoners eating their grandma's Ultram before school one day doesn't constitute a scientific study determining the exact efficacy of the pain-killing and buzz-inducing properties of Tramadol.

And where in the world did I ever say that it was supposed to work on everyone? Does anyone actually read my posts? I've been one of the only people on this entire site that has stated the fact that Tramadol does work for some people and not others. Although I will admit that I do believe that some of those people for which it does not work simply have too high a tolerance for it.

It's just like Buprenorphine in its unpredictability. What I'm arguing against is all the people that claim that its a worthless drug just because it doesn't work for THEM. What is so hard to understand about that?

roxi*stardust
03-09-2007, 11:56 AM
This thread is going to hell in a hand basket quickly.

insaneike
03-09-2007, 11:58 AM
. What I'm arguing against is all the people that claim that its a worthless drug just because it doesn't work for THEM. What is so hard to understand about that?

and doens't mean it';s good cause it works for YOU.

yes it's good for YOU but to the avg person it's not!

and beleive what ya want but im sure everyone here has tried it WITH NO TOLER.... yeah, it does NOT work for the avg. person. it does for you, good, still sucks to most of us.it doesnt suck for u, great, consider yourself lucky. stop trying to say it's not worthless for us(assuming u are) now your point?

there is nothing more to say, give up the argument(hah!), some people like tram and the avg person gets nothing from trams, simple as that!

This thread is going to hell in a hand basket quickly.

roxi*stardust
03-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Ok I think we have all come to the same conculsion. Trams work for some people and to other people the out and out suck. Let's try to keep the thread filled with useful responses instead of arguing the same things over and over and having it turn into a flame fest. Thanks

ZodiacKiller
03-09-2007, 12:14 PM
I think any usefullness this thread may have provided has just about gone as far as it can. Now it seems that once again, attitudes are gettin' nasty. If there are no more valuable contributions forthcoming, perhaps we should just close this thing before it gets really ugly. Sheesh....

ZK

Sitar
03-09-2007, 01:34 PM
I don't know why I get sucked into certain conversation where I wind up repeating myself over and over instead of just realizing that certain things will always go a little misunderstood.

But that's what always happens with Tramadol related threads. They always wind up in a bashing contest with me trying to get people to realize that it's not a totally bad drug.

I think to wrap things up it'd be safe to say that the general consensus is that Tramadol in smaller doses can be good mixed with most opiates for many people, except Methadone in particular has caused some issues when Tramadol is mixed with it.

cracksinthepavement
03-09-2007, 11:46 PM
I'm not sure where you got that my quote was directed at you, have you started 3 or 4 threads asking if Tramadol is okay to mix with Oxy, Hydro, or 'done? I don't think so. I was talking to Jah, who started all 3 threads I refered to above and I think there may be several more. Tramadol can cause precipitated WD in people dependent on real opiates so I wouldn't even use it as a plan "c". but sorry if you thought I was refering to you, because I certainly wasn't unless you also started threads like that.

Sorry dude, I assumed. My apologies..

MissingOxy
05-26-2007, 05:43 PM
About everybody has good points, and is partially right. The tramadol will compete with the oxycodone for the opioid receptors, and that can precipitate w/d in dependent individuals. SWIM who takes OCs daily got tramadols and got the bright idea of injecting them. Turns out that was a BAD idea! Within 1 hour, was shivering uncontrollably, sweating profusely, cramps - you know, all those fun effects. Effects took about 12 hours to subside.

Never has that happen when taking orally, but only did them when I hadn't had anything good for at least a day. Not great but better than nothing.

So my advice? Take the oxys until they're gone, use the tramadols after that. You get the best use of each.

MissingOxy