PDA

View Full Version : Tagament

JahRed24
02-20-2007, 04:05 AM
How much tagament do i need to take to amplify my opiate high..(using mainly Oxycodone and Hydrocodone)...How many mgs of Tagament do i need to take? Also: How should i dose, take it an hour b4 doing the opiates? Does Tagament only work when you consume the opiates orally? or will it work with snorting too??? thanks..

devilsdrug
02-20-2007, 04:51 AM
just a couple over counter pills

moviebuff927
02-20-2007, 05:30 AM
How much tagament do i need to take to amplify my opiate high..(using mainly Oxycodone and Hydrocodone)...How many mgs of Tagament do i need to take? Also: How should i dose, take it an hour b4 doing the opiates? Does Tagament only work when you consume the opiates orally? or will it work with snorting too??? thanks..

It will work with any route of administration...if you take it orally, it will amplify it a lot...if you shoot, it will make it last longer, not amplify it...

Don't take more than 400mg in 24 hours (that's 2 200mg Tagament)

JahRed24
02-20-2007, 08:46 AM
thx 4 your help bro:)

JahRed24
02-20-2007, 11:44 AM
So taking tagament orally like 30mins to an hour b4 snorting OC will work? like will the tagament make the snorted OC act stronger or last longer??

moviebuff927
02-20-2007, 11:59 AM
So taking tagament orally like 30mins to an hour b4 snorting OC will work? like will the tagament make the snorted OC act stronger or last longer??

Yes, half an hour to an hour before consuming the drug...snorting will make the OC absorb faster and be more intense than if you took it by mouth, but taking Tagamet will mostly make it last longer if you're snorting...the only time Tagamet will make something more intense is if you take it by mouth because the bioavailability isn't very high for some drugs...Tagamet stunts the production of an enzyme in your liver that metabolizes the drug so the drug floats around longer in your system instead of being metabolized...but oral OC actually has a very high bioavailability...

JahRed24
04-28-2007, 04:57 PM
How many of you people out there have tried the "Tagamet" method for potentiation? Did you notice any difference? If so what drugs did u take with it (oral or nasal)?:confused:

Euphoricgirl
04-28-2007, 05:28 PM
How many of you people out there have tried the "Tagamet" method for potentiation? Did you notice any difference? If so what drugs did u take with it (oral or nasal)?:confused:

Hey Jah, yes I take it alot. I take oxys, vics, etc and it works great. Take it half hour before you take your dose. Hugs

clinton
04-28-2007, 10:10 PM
i take two thirty minutes before my tea dose...
works every time

Hammilton
04-29-2007, 11:13 AM
you should be able to take up to 800mg without a problem.

Diacetyl
04-29-2007, 11:18 AM
Never heard of tagament, I doubt we have it in Canada.

Is it an antihistamine or what?

noahzark
04-29-2007, 11:28 AM
I have tried 400 MG of Tagmet multiple times before taking my morph and do not notice any difference at all.

Maybe it is just me but it seems like the power of suggestion?

Noahzark

clinton
04-29-2007, 12:39 PM
this is what tagament is.......im sure you have some type up in canada

GENERIC NAME: cimetidine

BRAND NAME: Tagamet

DRUG CLASS AND MECHANISM: Cimetidine belongs to a class of medications called histamine H2-antagonists. Histamine is a natural chemical that stimulates stomach cells to produce acid. Histamine H2-antagonists inhibit the action of histamine on the acid-producing cells of the stomach and reduce stomach acid. Cimetidine was approved by the FDA in 1977.

PRESCRIPTION: Yes

GENERIC AVAILABLE: Yes

PREPARATIONS: Tablets: 200, 300, 400, and 800 mg. Liquid: 300 mg/5 mL. Injection: 150 mg/mL.

STORAGE: Store at room temperature 15-30°C (59-86°F).

PRESCRIBED FOR: Cimetidine is used for the treatment of duodenal ulcers, active gastric ulcers, gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD), pathological hypersecretory conditions (e.g., Zollinger Ellison syndrome), heartburn and the prevention of gastrointestinal bleeding.

DOSING:

Duodenal ulcers are treated with 800 mg at bedtime, 300 mg 4 times a day at meal times and bedtime, or 400 mg twice a day for 4-6 weeks. Maintenance therapy is 400 mg at bedtime.
Active gastric ulcers are treated with 800 mg at bedtime or 300 mg 4 times a day at meal times and bedtime for up to 8 weeks.
The regimen for GERD is 800 mg twice a day or 400 mg 4 times a day for 12 weeks.
Pathological hypersecretory conditions are treated with 300 mg 4 times daily up to 2400 mg daily.
Heartburn, indigestion and sour stomach may be treated with 200 mg once or twice daily and may be administered up to 30 minutes before ingestion of food or beverages that may cause heart burn.
For hospitalized patients who cannot take oral medications, 300 mg of cimetidine may be administered by intravenous or intramuscular injection every 6-8 hours. A continuous intravenous infusion of 37.5 to 50 mg/hour also may be used.
DRUG INTERACTIONS: Cimetidine may increase the blood levels of several drugs by reducing their elimination by the liver. This interaction may occur between cimetidine and warfarin (Coumadin), a commonly used blood thinning agent. Patients taking both medications should have frequent blood monitoring to avoid accumulation of high levels of warfarin leading to excessive blood thinning and bleeding. Cimetidine also may increase the blood levels phenytoin, theophylline, lidocaine, amiodarone, metronidazole, loratadine, calcium channel blockers (e.g., diltiazem, felodipine, nifedipine), bupropion, carbamazepine and fluvastatin. Because cimetidine reduces stomach acid, it may reduce the absorption of drugs (e.g., ketoconazole) that are best absorbed in acidic conditions. Such drugs should be administered at least 2 hours before the administration of cimetidine.

PREGNANCY: There are no adequate studies of cimetidine in pregnant women.

NURSING MOTHERS: Cimetidine is excreted in breast milk.

SIDE EFFECTS: Side effects due to cimetidine are rare and generally reversible once the medication is stopped. Minor side effects include constipation, diarrhea, fatigue, headache, insomnia, muscle pain, nausea, and vomiting. Major side effects include confusion and hallucinations (usually in elderly or critically ill patients); enlargement of the breasts; impotence (usually seen in patients on high doses for prolonged periods); decreased white blood cell counts. Other side effects include irregular heartbeat, impotence, rash, visual changes, allergic reactions, and hepatitis.

aj11
04-29-2007, 01:21 PM
I shoot oxy's and always take a Tagament before fixing, maybe 20 minutes to a half hour. I can wait that long before I do a shot, that is how much it helps. Just makes it last longer, more nodding ya know

OxyContagious
05-30-2007, 04:51 AM
Tried taking tagament 30 min before a 40 mg norco dose and didn't really notice any difference. Will try to experiment with the last 2 5/325 oxycodone and up the dosage on tagament maybe 45 min prior to opiate dose. I may be wrong but I thought you are supposed to take an antacid 30 min after the tagament dose, is this correct?

Azrael
09-05-2007, 10:02 PM
It will work with any route of administration...if you take it orally, it will amplify it a lot...if you shoot, it will make it last longer, not amplify it...

Don't take more than 400mg in 24 hours (that's 2 200mg Tagament)

holy crap I never thought cimitidine potentiated oxycodone when taken IV?

edarrin
10-26-2007, 09:48 PM
Never heard of tagament, I doubt we have it in Canada

We have it but by prescription only. We can get ranitidine OTC here which my pain management doc recommended.

MissingOxy
10-28-2007, 12:00 PM
Will other acid reducers have the same effects? I have a friend who is prescribed Protonix, one of the newer class of acid blockers. Or is it a peculiarity of cimetidine?

LorTabitha
10-29-2007, 04:23 AM
Protonix will not work. (It's like nexium and prilosec)