PDA

View Full Version : How to sleep on stimulants

Morefiend
02-19-2007, 04:24 PM
Does anyone know how to get sleep on stimulants cause ive had 72mg concerta i took the time realease off my hearts beating at 110 while relaxing and i have to be up and out to college at 8:20 (killer) anyone got anytips? with me i have noticed my heart takes several hours to beat normally any help?

nick
02-19-2007, 04:28 PM
1.Junk.
2.Tranks.
3.Hit yourself over the head with a hammer.

AWOL
02-19-2007, 04:32 PM
There is no sleeping on stimulants. Sorry. (even if you get them eyes closed, it's not sleep)

nick
02-19-2007, 04:33 PM
There is no sleeping on stimulants. Sorry. (even if you get them eyes closed, it's not sleep)
Try the hammer bro.

AWOL
02-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Try the hammer bro. I wasn't sleeping .... I WAS IN A COMA !!!! :D:D:D:D

nick
02-19-2007, 04:41 PM
I wasn't sleeping .... I WAS IN A COMA !!!! :D:D:D:D

Coma's are underrated.

P.S.Please kids,DO NOT HIT YOURSELF OVER THE HEAD WITH A HAMMER.
I really hope this disclaimer was unnecesary,but these days.........

HeidiW
02-19-2007, 04:51 PM
Thorazine and or junk, try some old school sedative/hypnotic sleeping pills, i.e. Dalmane, Halcion, Restoril.
Good luck buddy, you'll need it.

Morefiend
02-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Looks like its going to be a long nite 2nite:(

AWOL
02-19-2007, 04:53 PM
Don't over-due it with the junk though. Like get real wasted on long acting opiates, then the stims wear off and you pull a (insert famous dead celebrity name here)

Seedy
02-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Fucking stimulants. Nothing will knock me out on a good dose of stims. Even benzos, allthough they will chill me out enough to lay down comfortably for a few hours. Dunno what concerta's like though.

JonnyM
02-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Some benzos like xanax or valium might help but I dont know if they will much or not. I dont really enjoy uppers.

HistoryofMadness
02-19-2007, 05:17 PM
lunesta works ok, ambien too... the best that i've found is taking a very small piece of zyprexa or seroquel, knocks that shit right out... not too much though or you'll sleep for a day

melatonin and diphenhydramine (benedryl) and some weed if you got it... those are the most accessible solutions, and that little combo should work well.

CMonk
02-19-2007, 05:44 PM
xanax. I wont even do large amounts of stims without it. Other benzos work in high enough doses but you will be very sedated the whole next day (unless you find rohynol or halcion)

ambien, ghb, alcohol (you'll feel shitty the next day), and somas all help too

High dose of opiates may not put you to sleep, but you may get some rest at least.

AWOL
02-19-2007, 06:29 PM
I love these threads because unless he's got his own personal pharmacy, he's kinda fucked :D

(OP: You'll laugh tomorrow ... or maybe the next day.)

Chris_Thantos
02-19-2007, 06:48 PM
seroquel,

Dude hit the nail right on the head. That is the only thing that works for me.

JonnyM
02-19-2007, 07:01 PM
I love these threads because unless he's got his own personal pharmacy, he's kinda fucked

Don't you know everyone these days has there own personal pharmacy? Get with the times haha

AWOL
02-19-2007, 07:21 PM
haha, yeah ... well atleast I can sleep better (pun, pun, look a pun !!) knowing that I have seroquel :) Dangerous with opiates though, gotta be careful with it.

Chris_Thantos
02-19-2007, 09:54 PM
haha, yeah ... well atleast I can sleep better (pun, pun, look a pun !!) knowing that I have seroquel :) Dangerous with opiates though, gotta be careful with it.

One of my friends whom I bitch at almost daily is very destructive with his body takes 5 blues (30mg roxi's) the half a 100mg seroquel to help him sleep. For some reason he cant sleep when taking Roxi's. I tell him the same thing you quoted he just smiles and tells me he can handle it. I fear the day I stop by and his mom tells me he never woke up as I make it a point to see him everyday.

chemboy7
02-20-2007, 01:57 AM
Dunno what concerta's like though.

It's an extended release form of Methylphenidate (Ritalin), rather shitty stimulant with all the others out there but she works in a pinch. I don't know if you can get Concerta into solution or not but I do know that IV Methylphenidate is an awful lot like a hit of coke... only much better rush, last longer, and much harder crash. On how to get out, anything CNS depressant really, it's all a matter of preffence and availability. Just watch out with those long lasters because, as someone who is a full time student and an addict can tell you, they will fuck you over harder than just staying up all night and going from there.

TsarBomba
02-21-2007, 11:29 PM
lunesta works ok, ambien too... the best that i've found is taking a very small piece of zyprexa or seroquel, knocks that shit right out... not too much though or you'll sleep for a day

melatonin and diphenhydramine (benedryl) and some weed if you got it... those are the most accessible solutions, and that little combo should work well.

lunesta or ambien would not work for stimulants, especially the amphetamines. and forget about the weed, benedryl and melatonin.

The only thing would be super heavy weight hypnotics. Barbiturates would work great. Strong hypnotics benzos like temazepam (restoril), nitrazepam (mogadon), flunitrazepam (rohypnol) would work great aswell.

Dalmane might do the job (as it is a hypnotic, though a weak one)...xanax, klonopin, valium, ativan and most other benzos might not help that much. These are not hypnotics...they are for anxiety and aren't as good as the heavy duty hypnotics for sleep (restoril, mogadon, rohypnol - this knock you on your ass real hardl).

HeidiW
02-21-2007, 11:43 PM
Be careful with Seroquel DV, I know a chick that died on that shit, :(

kingdxm
03-29-2007, 12:52 AM
Benzos and things like ambien will only work if you have a small amount of stimulant in your system. The only good way is to take a drug that blocks the stimulant, something like seroquil, thorazine, Haldol, or maybe a strong barbituate. Other than that the waiting game is all you have.

Chipper
03-29-2007, 05:37 AM
Heidi is correct. Potent neuroleptics & benzos will help. If you can't sleep then lying still for a while is the next best thing but you might as well get up and wear yourself out -- then get a *really* good sleep.

youwonhundred
03-29-2007, 07:10 AM
I NEVER EVER EVER EVER thought I would say this in response to a drug question, but the simplest answer is, don't take stimulants in the first place. Being in Vegas and all, speed is all over the place (I had actually never even seen it, before I moved here) Well, long story short, did some like two months ago, and GOD DAMN I HATED IT! That shit kept me wired for two goddamn days. Took way too many of my prescribed meds (never even got high) and still couldn't sleep.

nick
03-29-2007, 08:54 AM
I hope he's had some sleep by now and I still say the hammer is the way to go.

Dilliy Danny
04-04-2007, 07:18 PM
Haldol, I can sleep on haldol right after hitting the glass dick.

JahRed24
04-05-2007, 06:09 PM
yeah swim always uses xanax, ambien, valium or a combo of 2... xanax helps swim sleep after taking adderall XR to study for classes. swim hates taking stimulants but sometimes i have to if i gottta write a paper really fast or read something for school....:cool:

nick
04-05-2007, 06:26 PM
yeah swim always uses xanax, ambien, valium or a combo of 2... xanax helps swim sleep after taking adderall XR to study for classes. swim hates taking stimulants but sometimes i have to if i gottta write a paper really fast or read something for school....:cool:

Just want to say,most of what you write on speed is crap-read it the morning after.

tofunun
04-05-2007, 08:20 PM
I dunno about anyone else, but prescription stimulants ALWAYS make me crash really hard after about 4 or 5 hours. I never really get speedy off it, just a little extra ability to get things done, but then in no time at all it seems to make me really sleepy, and I can't do anything to fight it off except MAYBE doing a little more. All the stuff everyone else said seems to be good advice, I think it all really depends on your metabolism, your tolerance, your body chemistry, etc., etc. But yeah, I hope you've had some sleep by now

insaneike
04-07-2007, 05:10 AM
When i would crash from one of my lil 3day ice binges i'd go buy a 6pack right before the come down hits with an ecxtra pack of smokes. Start a drinkin! Then i'd rail a couple MSIR(morphine sulphate instant release) and take 1-2mg clonazepam. Sometimes i'd replace kpins with soma, sometimes xans. sometimes all mixed. sometimes roxi instead of morph. u get the idea...

but somas and/or benzos and/or(depending on how YOU are) some opis. I prefered a couple MSIR to rail and some lortab/percs to eat with 1-2 soma or kpins for the crash. depending on doses of everyhtings 2-6 beers. with a lot of bud of course

yeah this sounds like another way jus to get trashed but it's not! if your drugs are limited just take a bunch of benzos or somas with a smll-moder dose of opis...

BUT when times were hard n limited drugs i'd come down with 50-100mg trazodone, 1-2mg kpins, and a 6pack with a nice J/few bowls.
id lso smoke the residue in my bowls to get the last of the ice to help come down gradualy lol.

ahhhh, the good 'ol(eveil and STUPID) HS gays :o

lol yeah, if u got it choose one of those lol. but the one i sued most was trazodone/kpins/alcy/bud

Dilaudid
04-07-2007, 08:05 AM
Hello opiophiles,

If you want to sleep don't mess with methylphenidate or amphetamines.

1) Try a 1,4 BZD like Xanax, Valium (anxiolytic type 1,4-BZD) or Mogadon, Rohypnol 1,4-BZD hypnotics if you have them handy (Rohypnol is the best because flunitrazepam go into cephalorachidian fluid in 15min, it's a good muscle relaxer) and Dantrolene (Dantrium) can be usefull too.
Prefer a BZD over a barbiturate, BZD are safer.
Forget Halcion because triazolam have a short half life and paradoxical reactions and rebound anxiety are common with triazolam.

2) Try a light dose of propanolol (Inderal)

3) Stay away from weed, because if you're already affraid for your heart, weed can somtime trigger some anxious or paranoid reaction especially with stimulants.

4) Stay away from neuroleptics if you don't have a prescription they are effective especially (the phenothiazine and butyrophenone class like Thorazine and Haldol) but severe side effects can occur.

5) Stay away from junk (for obvious reasons) and if you use heroin don't mix it with barbirurates, alcool, GHB, and BZD (especially if you are not tolerant).

Best regards Dilaudid.

Digitopium
04-07-2007, 08:42 AM
2 Part response

1) to address the original question...Sleeping on stims is difficult because physiologically your seratonin levels are way higher than your body is ever able to achieve naturally, not to mention the dopamine level increase responsible for any sort of euphoria or increased drive/energy you may feel. Bottom line, your increased heartrate will be feeding more blood/oxygen to your brain than is needed and you must slow that down in order to create the physiological conditions your body needs to leave waking consciousnes and enter the realm of meaningful rest and dreams.

2) What do I think about stims, specifically their relationship to being mixed with opiates. I was scripted ritalin in second grade and took it as directed until high school when I started self medicating...taking 2 in the morning and only taking any later if I was tired. Didnt know this info would worry the doc so i told him how I used it ( basically as a killer coffee replacement) and he cut me off. But at that point I was NOT taking it every day and had no real dependance to it, so I was only a little bummed.

Have tried dex and adderal...dex is too gnarly for regular use, and add makes me fucking wig out like I'm on a low dose of E. thats on just dosing 10+ mg. Not really a huge fan...good for long shifts though.

I recently developed an affinity (reads habit) for potent coke. thing is I dont like it without some OC afterwards or during. a month ago I found out throwing the equivalent of a good rail or 1/10 a gram into solution with my 120-160mg OC rectal dose gives me a fucking awesome, unique rush....again its dependent on the OC to keep the noxious/edgy effects in check, not to mention headaches/ body aches that may pop up as a result of binging on the snow. I have really entered fucking "goin for broke" territory with my little synth-opi & yayo cocktails I have been putting in my ass recently though. I am not making enough money to keep it up all the time, but the high is soooo good & intense with BOTH and only BOTH at once..... (not to mention the first new kind of rush I have found in a year or 2), its hard not to want to figure that shit out and try to heee-oook tha fuck up. So I call my friends up and see if I can provide something for them if they share a bit...but that can only work for so long.

Anyway, stims and opiates good together....perhaps opiate addition is the only way to approach prepping your body to sleep in a mellow way after alot of stims (vs. the wack over the head with the benzo hammer)

This is what I think. Yeah.

nick
04-07-2007, 08:50 AM
I still say the hammer is the way to go.

Zoops
06-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Lots of good advice.

If I could take any drugs I wanted for sleeping after doing coke, amphetamine or ritalin, it would be a combinatoni of:

1. Zyprexa 12-15mg (seroquel would be good too, because it's an antipsychotic. Antipsychotic drugs all have one thing in common, they block dopamine receptors, and dopamine receptors are what get turned on full blast with stimulants).

2. Temazepam 90-120mg

3. Metoprolol 75mg (extended release 25mg tablets X 3). Any beta-blocker is good, the one I have most experience with is metoprolol. I have used propranolol for this purpose before too. If it's propranolol I would take only about 30mg - these would be immediate-release tablets).
Maybe even add a calcium channel blocker like nifedipine (Cardizem) ~20mg. Combinatoin of beta-blocker and calcium channel blocker synergistically slows the heart. NEVER take a combination like this if you're not on some kind of stimulant that is making your pulse go fast and BP go up. It can be fatal (stop your heart) in the absence of some other drug working against it.

The zyprexa is a dopamine blocker, sort of like a direct antagonist against the stimulant drug. Zyprexa is cool because it also has serotonin and norepinephrine blocking activity too. Serotonin and norepinephrine get turned on to a lesser extent (than dopamine receptors) by stimulant drugs, so this extra activity is cool.

The temazepam is to just basically turn your nervous system off, and give you a nice buzz so you can go to sleep.

The metoprolol slows down the heart and lowers BP. In combination with nifedipine it slows the heart down real good. One time coming down from doing a lot of ritalin (IV'd) over the course of a day, I took nifedipine 20mg and I think about 30 propranolol and my pulse went from 110-120 bpm at rest (it should be that high if you just ran a couple miles. if it's like that when you're sitting still, you got a problem) to like 70bpm in about an hour. You can sleep better if your heart ain't pounding out your chest!

If'n you take this three-way cocktail you are guaranteed to get some sleep - as long as it's during the wearin' off phase of the stimulant. Like 1 hour after the last hit of coke, 8-10 maybe 12 hours after the last hit of amphetamine, or about 2 hours after the last hit of methylphenidate.

If I had to just pick one out of the three, it would be either the temazepam or the zyprexa. Temazepam I guess because it's good to have in and of itself anyways. But zyprexa works very well (prolly seroquel would too since it has similar activity. I don't know about what would be a good dose of seroquel though).

Lately the past week or so, I been using a combination of metoprolol and diphenhydramine (like 125mg) and sometimes a little zyprexa (7.5mg to 10mg) thrown in too. That works, but it takes like 2 hours to kick in fully (taking orally in pill form).

Alternatively, a combination of 125mg diphenhydramine, 10mg zyprexa (olanzepine), 75mg metoprolol, and also throw in 16mg Rozerem (ramelteon) has worked really well. Rozerem is one of those new sleeping pills. It's not a controlled substance, doesn't have GABA-ergic activity. Instead it works by activating melatonin receptors in the central nervous system. Works well when you're not on stimulants and just can't sleep. In combination with all these other drugs it helps to push your addled brain towards the sleep direction, but by itself it ain't do nothin'. Rozerem, although it works by stimulating melatonin receptors in the central nervous system, it activates them much much more strongly than melatonin per se can. Melatonin in pill form, available OTC (any vegans readin this? Don't take melatonin b/c they extract it from cow and pig brains) is a total fuckin waste. Buy some diphenhydramine instead.

big drawback with rozerem is that any amount of fat-containing food in the stomach when you take it will almost completely block absorptoin. The instructions in the package say this. You have to take it on an empty stomach or it won't work. Most drugs are negatively affected by food in the stomach if you are taking them in pill form, but rozerem is like waaaaay more affected by food than other drugs. That makes it sort of sucky.

zombiewoof23
06-17-2007, 01:21 PM
The next question is, how do you make yourself get up early after taking one of these drugs to counter the stims? Better have the stims ready to go right next to yur alarm clock. Nasty cycle and hard to keep it together when mixed with work or school. The heart palpitations aren't usually a good sign either.

I've had this trouble with ice, but it was usually after 48-72 hours when I would start getting worried.

soulninja
06-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Pot and half a bottle of Jack does it 4 me.Or the hammer thing.....

tui
06-17-2007, 04:34 PM
2. Temazepam 90-120mg

That's a shitload of temazepam.
My doc rxed temazepam for me during w/ds. i was supposed to take from 10mgs to 40mgs to sleep. so of course i took 40. never again. woke up feeling like i REALLY had been smashed over the head with a hammer. long fuzzy bad hangover... and that was just from 40mg!! maybe 120mg would be okay if you have a benzo tolerance or you're 500 pounds, otherwise, i can't see you waking up happy. Or waking up at all.

t

nick
06-17-2007, 04:37 PM
My doc rxed temazepam for me during w/ds. i was supposed to take from 10mgs to 40mgs to sleep. so of course i took 40. never again. woke up feeling like i REALLY had been smashed over the head with a hammer. long fuzzy bad hangover... and that was just from 40mg!! maybe 120mg would be okay if you have a benzo tolerance or you're 500 pounds, otherwise, i can't see you waking up happy. Or waking up at all.

t

30mg's does the job,but there's always more.90-120mg's is a lot,but doable.

soulninja
06-17-2007, 04:56 PM
30mg's does the job,but there's always more.90-120mg's is a lot,but doable.

I have never gone over 60mg's,thats just crazy talk

Seedy
06-17-2007, 05:07 PM

t

I haven't tried temazapam but I quite enjoy the benzo "hangover". Sure I feel a bit groggy, confused and retarded but I always seem to wake up in a good mood. I'm guessing a benzo hangover mixed with done detox wouldn't be so fun.

Chemical_Boy
06-17-2007, 07:08 PM
60 mg temazepam doesn't even make me bat an eye.

I can take it during the day and not feel a bit drowsy...still makes it easier to sleep a bit though.

AS long as I have 6 or 8 hours to sleep it off, medication hangovers have ever been a problem for me...

mrklean
06-17-2007, 07:20 PM
......hammer

but, if you dont got one, benzos prolly will make you not care about sleeping, antipsychs = to much of a zombie for school. G or analogs might be your only "good" option.

tui
06-17-2007, 07:23 PM
I haven't tried temazapam but I quite enjoy the benzo "hangover". Sure I feel a bit groggy, confused and retarded but I always seem to wake up in a good mood. I'm guessing a benzo hangover mixed with done detox wouldn't be so fun.

waking up from temazepam is wayy diff to valium, it's effing brutal. like, clutching your head while crawling upstairs sobbing to die... y'know?

t

Double Nut Doowop
06-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Does anyone know how to get sleep on stimulants cause ive had 72mg concerta i took the time realease off my hearts beating at 110 while relaxing and i have to be up and out to college at 8:20 (killer) anyone got anytips? with me i have noticed my heart takes several hours to beat normally any help?
Dude,your fucked!! Youll crash and burn by 9am sorry.

WarmCyanide
06-17-2007, 08:32 PM
The next question is, how do you make yourself get up early after taking one of these drugs to counter the stims? .

yup. end of story in my mind

Alice Mudgarden
06-17-2007, 09:45 PM
What I'll typically do is take low doses of benzos or muscle relaxants along with the stimulants, usually coke. I still get the upper high but the downers take the edge off. Then, when I'm done for the night/morning, I just need an additional small dose of a downer to get to sleep. Even when I just do straight coke, I find xanax/soma/k-pins help me to fall sleep afterwards.

Zoops
06-17-2007, 10:00 PM
Yeah, I wouldn't take more'din 60mg temaz. unless I was tryin to knock myself the fuck out. Gnome-een?

120mg is my personal record high dose of temazepam. I think I did it two times (for sure), but I think there was one other time too. Once was coming down from sick amounts of phentermine (this shit is worse than cheap crank and it's a controlled substance C-IV - diet pills, moderate euphoria but coming down from phentermine is awful) and the othe time was coming down off methylphenidate.

Normally, if I'm awake and I'm just gettin blotto, I take 60mg of temazepam. I can't fall asleep with it unless I take 90mg or I mix it with some diphenhydramine or soma or something.

I guess my temaz. tolerance is high because it's my definite favorite "downer." If seconals were available, then they would probably be my favorite downer. You can't fuck with temazepam, it's a good drug, man. Easy as a mutherfucker to get Rx'd temaz. Juss go to a shrink and tell him you took it before, "like about 9 months ago" (this would be from another doctor - you have to have a back story ready if they ask where you got it from 'before'). I say something like I got 15 capsules of it and it lasted me about four months and I took the last one about a week ago. I have had lots of luck getting it from this one shrink but he sort of cut me off because I pushed the envelope with tranquilzer prescriptions and he (finally) got hip to the fact that I like taking tranquilizers (the dude gave me Rx's for tons of ambien, sonata , lunesta and temazepam. A couple times he wrote out Rx's for 90 friggin 30mg capsules of temaz.! SCORE!).

While we're on this topic, does anyone else think that those bright flourescent yellow 30mg temazepam capsules mfg. by Mylan are the total bomb? Better than brand name Restoril, I think. The Mylan yellow ones (15mg are bright orange - those are good too, just half the dose, tho') are awesome, but I've also gotten some other generics from around where I live and these ones didn't do shit, really. Never observed such a big diff. between different generics. These sucky temazzies are white, I think they are Purepac manufacturer, or maybe Goldline, I think it's Purepac though.

Zoops
06-17-2007, 10:04 PM
For real, though, the take-home lesson from this is that you shouldn't go out in stimulant territory without the proper tools.

nick
06-18-2007, 07:53 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't take more'din 60mg temaz. unless I was tryin to knock myself the fuck out. Gnome-een?

120mg is my personal record high dose of temazepam. I think I did it two times (for sure), but I think there was one other time too. Once was coming down from sick amounts of phentermine (this shit is worse than cheap crank and it's a controlled substance C-IV - diet pills, moderate euphoria but coming down from phentermine is awful) and the othe time was coming down off methylphenidate.

Normally, if I'm awake and I'm just gettin blotto, I take 60mg of temazepam. I can't fall asleep with it unless I take 90mg or I mix it with some diphenhydramine or soma or something.

I guess my temaz. tolerance is high because it's my definite favorite "downer." If seconals were available, then they would probably be my favorite downer. You can't fuck with temazepam, it's a good drug, man. Easy as a mutherfucker to get Rx'd temaz. Juss go to a shrink and tell him you took it before, "like about 9 months ago" (this would be from another doctor - you have to have a back story ready if they ask where you got it from 'before'). I say something like I got 15 capsules of it and it lasted me about four months and I took the last one about a week ago. I have had lots of luck getting it from this one shrink but he sort of cut me off because I pushed the envelope with tranquilzer prescriptions and he (finally) got hip to the fact that I like taking tranquilizers (the dude gave me Rx's for tons of ambien, sonata , lunesta and temazepam. A couple times he wrote out Rx's for 90 friggin 30mg capsules of temaz.! SCORE!).

While we're on this topic, does anyone else think that those bright flourescent yellow 30mg temazepam capsules mfg. by Mylan are the total bomb? Better than brand name Restoril, I think. The Mylan yellow ones (15mg are bright orange - those are good too, just half the dose, tho') are awesome, but I've also gotten some other generics from around where I live and these ones didn't do shit, really. Never observed such a big diff. between different generics. These sucky temazzies are white, I think they are Purepac manufacturer, or maybe Goldline, I think it's Purepac though.

Never tried the mylan,but in the mid nineties mazzies in the UK were green eggs.You could stick a works in the cap and suck the contents straight out and fix it........that was cool.
Sadly,the abuse became so obvious they changed the content to a gel,which resulted in deaths and many lost limbs......thank you the pharm industry.

Chemical_Boy
06-18-2007, 08:15 AM
. . .ts straight out and fix it........that was cool.
Sadly,the abuse became so obvious they changed the content to a gel,which resulted in deaths and many lost limbs......thank you the pharm industry.

I can't believe that the "authorities" and "good guys" think that addiction deserves death and that they are willing to go to such great lengths to prevent people from using in ways other than as directed.

You don't see that with any other kind of product, whether consumable or not. There are so many things out there that can be misused, and to a much greater degree of harm, than drugs.

Drug use is such a stigma and moral atrocity to the "average" person.

And 99 times out of 100 there is such an incredible amount of hypocrisy involved that it is unreal.

nosferatu123454321
06-19-2007, 12:12 AM
For real, though, the take-home lesson from this is that you shouldn't go out in stimulant territory without the proper tools.

ain't this the fucking truth...

i don't even think about uppers unless i got some good downers on hand

Seedy
06-19-2007, 01:54 AM
waking up from temazepam is wayy diff to valium, it's effing brutal. like, clutching your head while crawling upstairs sobbing to die... y'know?

t

Well I'm not doubting you but one day I'm gonna find out for myself. I've heard so many good things (& some bad) about temazapam. So far for me nothing's beaten the grandpa of benzos, good old valium. :)

MttJocy
06-19-2007, 10:29 AM
Antipsycotic's because of their dopamine blocking activity tend to help during the come down phase benzo's can help as well, during the main high forget it, but as the stimulant begins to wear off they will compete on a fairly level field with the stimulant which is raising your dopamine activity but a serious warning even drugs which may not in themselves be seriously habit forming can produce a very serious poly drug addiction problem when used to counter the side effects of an addictive drug resulting in the stimulant side effects being worse without the other drug.

I have been there and done this, using drugs to get me to sleep made me wake up feeling shitty and tired so I ended up on the stimulants to keep me going through the day then needed the other drugs to get to sleep at night, you end up with a revolving cycle being unable to sleep or wake naturally, then you try to stop using the drugs and find yourself too tired to be awake too wired to go to sleep and too fucked to do anything in between, and being stuck there is hell believe me.

Thus my advice is simple if you must use stimulants know your drug, http://www.erowid.org/ will help immensely here and do not take stimulants if you plan to go to sleep before the whole duration of the drug's effects, assume upper limits to be safe (the duration being the sum of Onset, Duration and After Effects) unless you particularly like the idea of not being able to keep your sleep wake cycle in check without drugs.

devilsdrug
06-20-2007, 06:55 PM
try the overamp method

Paregoric Kid
06-21-2007, 12:11 AM
weed, benzos, I've heard geodon works for some of my friends which makes sense since it's a dopamine antagonist

ValiumSoup
07-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Thorazine and or junk, try some old school sedative/hypnotic sleeping pills, i.e. Dalmane, Halcion, Restoril.
Good luck buddy, you'll need it.

Halcion for the Win.

-vs

satori
08-26-2007, 04:49 PM
I can go to sleep easily every night! But i nver take XR past 4pm and I dont usualy fall asleep untill 5am sooooo i might not be your best source. That been said, Clonopin, Xanax, barbiturates, or even clonodine which will get your heart to calm down a bit. I was actualy perscribed a lot of clonodine a month ago which will be nice if i ever relapse and start using again.

WarmCyanide
08-26-2007, 08:27 PM
looks like a night scope? laser sight on side? tell me a story satori

dirtdog
08-26-2007, 09:14 PM
I sleep on meth
so I don tknow what to tell ya
I probably have ADD/ADHD
hehehe
but when I cant sleep
I take NyQuil or Benadryl
or good ol heroin
heh
good luck

xannyman
06-11-2009, 06:34 PM
my experience with trying to sleep on stimulants (coke, crack) is to take 2-3 xanny bars(2mg) and two 10mg ambien. Puts me to sleep for about eight hours and then I feel really calm and rested when I wake up. Otherwise without this combo I am going to be up allllll night!

resorcinol
06-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Lots of benzos. Even that may not work if you're tweaked to the max though.

HandMeSomeOpiates
06-11-2009, 08:36 PM
Just smoke some High Grade Indica, that'll get them z's a rollin

clinton
06-11-2009, 08:40 PM
the op was dealing with this issue two years ago..

im sure hes gotten to sleep by now

Deadfiend
06-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Xan's or any benzo really

Buckshot
03-19-2012, 11:16 PM
I just found this thread and although i only skimmed I can not believe that nobody mentioned that forcing yourself to eat will really help you sleep.
If you have been up for more than 24hrs you will sleep likely easily.

The trouble is making yourself eat. A member from a website that was called The Hive showed me the trick...A milk shake! Milk shakes are the easiest thing to eat when your on stimulants and the high fat (or something) makes them even more effective at inducing sleep.

Get some food your belly, it will slow you right down..

LorTabitha
03-20-2012, 12:10 AM
It's been 5 years. If the OP hasn't fallen asleep by now, surely he's dead. ;-) I went ahead and closed this thread. Please feel free to start a new thread if this topic needs addressing further.