PDA

View Full Version : Morphine - snorting or oral?

TsarBomba
02-18-2007, 06:02 PM
I got these small round grey pills (i'm from Canada). They are 100mg morphine.
I was wondering is it better to snort these pills or just take them orally?
Is there a difference between the 2 methods? Does the morphine become more potent when snorted? cuz I know morphine has low-bioavailability when taken orally.

HistoryofMadness
02-18-2007, 09:50 PM
i used to get ripped on a daily basis snorting morph, never liked to shoot it that much, but once i started shooting, i'd shoot my coffee and cereal in the morning.. i shot everything morph included, and of course that was the most efficient way..

i still like snorting the best though,

TsarBomba
02-18-2007, 10:28 PM
so snorting the morphine is efficient and works way better than oral?

cuz I love shooting morphs, it's the best rush. But can't do it no more.

youwonhundred
02-18-2007, 11:15 PM
so snorting the morphine is efficient and works way better than oral?

cuz I love shooting morphs, it's the best rush. But can't do it no more.

As long as it aint ms contin. Or at least the ones I have, the ethex generics. Browning or shooting is much better for them.

ProdigalSon
02-18-2007, 11:39 PM
neither IMO

smojo
02-18-2007, 11:55 PM
As long as it aint ms contin. Or at least the ones I have, the ethex generics. Browning or shooting is much better for them.

Better to snort MS IR than swallow? I've been doing a lil of both, just didn't know which was more effective? This MS IR is new to me, trying 30mg for BT, is 30 the highest mg?

youwonhundred
02-19-2007, 12:02 AM
Better to snort MS IR than swallow? I've been doing a lil of both, just didn't know which was more effective? This MS IR is new to me, trying 30mg for BT, is 30 the highest mg?

Actually, my first answer to that question was "hell no," but upon a bit of reflection, I don't know. The oral absorption rate of morphine pretty much sucks, but the IR is specifically formulated as "instant release." Having never had those, I don't know how difficult they would be to shoot, or if its even possible.

I guess the best answer I have to that question is, I dont really know, but with nasal absorption is better than oral (somebody help me out with the actual numbers here?) so I would think the answer would be yes.

I could be wrong though, it HAS happened.

smojo
02-19-2007, 12:59 AM
I guess the best answer I have to that question is, I dont really know, but with nasal absorption is better than oral (somebody help me out with the actual numbers here?) so I would think the answer would be yes.

I could be wrong though, it HAS happened.

Reviewed some other post in this forum, everyone else agrees snorting is the way to go! Sorry, I shud've skimmed all those other post 1st, but heh, rather ask you instead!

insaneike
02-23-2007, 02:00 PM
USing morphine orally is SUCH a waist! You're basically throwing it away aside form a tiny piece of the pill! You must snort it if you don't shoot! Or you're gonna be taking a LOT more. I thought it was common knowledge that morphine is basically pointless orally? lol, so yeah, sniff em! IF you got msContin or some type like that that might gel do the 'ike exaction' found on the search by typing in teva blues.

have fun n be safe!

trainwrecker
02-23-2007, 02:19 PM
stick them up your ass..

noahzark
02-23-2007, 05:28 PM
I do not agree with that. I like both ways. I have been banging my instant 30's and eating my Mallinkrot 100's. I stay buzzed.
Eating em is not that bad.

Brony
02-23-2007, 05:55 PM
USing morphine orally is SUCH a waist! You're basically throwing it away aside form a tiny piece of the pill! You must snort it if you don't shoot! Or you're gonna be taking a LOT more. I thought it was common knowledge that morphine is basically pointless orally? lol, so yeah, sniff em! IF you got msContin or some type like that that might gel do the 'ike exaction' found on the search by typing in teva blues.

have fun n be safe!

Ike, lemme just say that I get incredible pain relief and a nice buzz from taking my morphine orally. I have to disagree w/ your statement that morphine is basically worthless if you swallow it.

Maybe it doesn't work for you, but it sure as hell works for me.

just my .02

LegalizeOpiates
02-23-2007, 06:08 PM
No i had the same pills they are time release morphine MS contin. as others have said they did not work well when i snorted them they got stuck in my nose and did not produce much of an effect. the best wayh to cut them in half and take them orally. just my experience though.

insaneike
02-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Ike, lemme just say that I get incredible pain relief and a nice buzz from taking my morphine orally.

Maybe it doesn't work for you, but it sure as hell works for me.

yeah, which is why i said basically... for your avg. person oral morphine is gonna just be a waist(compared to other ingestion methods) and require at least 1/3 more than it would take with any other route of administration orally. It takes much more orally than it would take for the same effects intranasally, and not even gonna get into the intravenous. Thats a fact man. from all the studies I have read and technical info it all has morphines bioavailability verifies morphine is waistful when used orally compared to intranasal, intravenous, or even rectal use... and everyone reacts differently but you are one fo the very few who find oral morphine a better route of administration, but most people DO have much more profound effects from any other method of ingestion...

i also get very good effects with oral morphine. WHO doesn't?!?!? but if you say you get stronger/better effects orally than intranasal consider yourself lucky and much diff than the avg. person man. It's not like oxycodone which does have a higher bioavailability orally, but morphines is much higher intranasally. Just google morphines bioavailability and the first 10 links have some VERY good info if you or anyone else doesn't understand anything about it.

all in all, 'nuff said and morphine has a higher bioavailability intransally, whether it does for you personally or not, in the avg. person it does.

No i had the same pills they are time release morphine MS contin. as others have said they did not work well when i snorted them they got stuck in my nose and did not produce much of an effect. the best wayh to cut them in half and take them orally. just my experience though.

That us VERRRY true man! The msContins gel up(aside form a very few brands) which make snorting them pointless IMO. Like I said in my first post use the search for Teva Blues or even my way to prepare Avenzas in this morph section and do the 'ike extraction'(yeah,...TM started calling it that lol). Snorting Extended Release pills that gel up isn't a bright idea :P
When I was doing morph(about 3-4yrs ago) i was always doing the MSIR 30s and 15s. When I get Avenzas or msC from docs now I just save up a few scripts and do an extract and sniff away. Ill say it again, FUCK SNORTING TIME RELEASED MEDS!

ProdigalSon
02-23-2007, 08:17 PM
Niether, oral morph hasnt got me shit but an empty wallet, except IV and up my ass. Thats it

Edit:Oh shit, already posted this thread...oops:drunk: