PDA

View Full Version : dextroamph to methamph..possible?

paragoric
02-07-2007, 11:28 AM
I'll be the first to admit I don't know shit about chemistry, BUT...I would think that dextoamphetamine/amphetamine salts should be easier to convert to methamphet. than would sudafed or even ephedrine....my question: If you had hundreds of adderall tabs, is there not an easy (kitchen) method of converting dextroamp to methamph....it would seem, since you have something already in the amphetamine family, that the conversion would be easier than trying to convert ephedrine, much less pseudoephed, into something very rushable IVed...Am I just waaaaay off base or is it something for advanced chemist only.....on a side note...I'm an opiate freak(on 'done,oxy,hydro,pods), I'm not a cook, nor do I want to become one ...I'm just wondering why cooks have no use for dextro (or do they?)....I actually let scripts of adderal expire year after year, have hundreds , thousands in refills....no I don't sell shit...just wondering why dexto/amphetsalt can't easily be turned into meth...pg

I've never seen this question asked anywhere, BUT UTMFSE is not a unreasonable answer

Chipper
02-07-2007, 11:34 AM
It is quite possible and not that hard. I have come across a dex to methamphetamine recipe that I found by googling one day (can't find it at the moment but it *does* exist)

Paregoric Kid
02-08-2007, 12:04 AM
monomethylation
http://www.erowid.org/archive/rhodium/chemistry/amphetamine.methylation.html

superman
02-08-2007, 02:22 AM
unless you're converting a fuckin shitload of it, it's hardly worth the effort. d-amp to d-meth only doubles your potency assuming 100% conversion(not likely).

yet another question to be answered within Rhodium's archive!

EDIT: if i had refreshed this page i would have noticed I was beat to the finish line

OxyContinuously
02-08-2007, 09:17 AM
Yes you can, and it is very basic and simple to do; as a matter of fact, you can cut out a reduction or two, by using dexamphetamine as your starting point as opposed to pseudo, regular ephedrine, or even phenylalanine, to answer the original question.

I have not tried anything starting from a manufactured pill, but Adderral is just a mixture of amphetamine salts. All they are lacking, essentially is a "methyl" group in the right place, and a couple other quick adjustments, to go from amphetamine (plain amphetamine or dextro-) to methamphetamine.

later

Oxy

TsarBomba
02-21-2007, 11:17 PM
yeah, i assume that dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine®) and amphetamine (Adderall®) would be easier to convert to methamphetamine (Desoxyn®) than pseudophedrine and ephedrine.

BUT...Dextroamphetamine is a slightly more potent and stronger drug than meth, so if you have dextroamphetamine, why would anyone want to convert it to meth?

The reason meth is more abused and common than dextro is because it is easier to make/cook up.

HeidiW
02-21-2007, 11:46 PM
Dextroamphetamine is the shit, but if I'm remembering this correctly amphetamine sulfate was the one to get. I think it was nicknamed right-handed ephedrine because of the position of a carbolic molecule? Granted, it's been 8 years since I was in school, I'm no professional chemist, just underground:D

HeidiW
02-21-2007, 11:48 PM
Yes you can, and it is very basic and simple to do; as a matter of fact, you can cut out a reduction or two, by using dexamphetamine as your starting point as opposed to pseudo, regular ephedrine, or even phenylalanine, to answer the original question.

I have not tried anything starting from a manufactured pill, but Adderral is just a mixture of amphetamine salts. All they are lacking, essentially is a "methyl" group in the right place, and a couple other quick adjustments, to go from amphetamine (plain amphetamine or dextro-) to methamphetamine.

later

Oxy

Yes Oxy, your right. Adderall is 4 different salts of amphetamines. It not take much chemically to change it to methamohetamine, I think you know where we're going this this one . . . . :D

OxyContinuously
02-22-2007, 04:54 PM
Yes Oxy, your right. Adderall is 4 different salts of amphetamines. It not take much chemically to change it to methamohetamine, I think you know where we're going this this one . . . . :D

I hear that. Oh yeah, what I forgot in my first list is the meth created from phenyl 2 propanone---now that's an easy task w/ excellent results

HeidiW
02-22-2007, 05:23 PM
You get me some P2P and we'll talk.

youwonhundred
02-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Just one quick question here, but why would anyone bother if they had opiates?

Not trying to be a dick... just a thought. As long as I got opiates, I could give a shit about anything except maybe some bud... and a nice rare steak... and.. oh I think I'll stop now. I was gonna go do some dope. I'll be back.:p

AWOL
02-22-2007, 05:39 PM
Step 1) sell dextroamphetamin

Step 2) buy meth

OxyContinuously
02-22-2007, 05:50 PM
You get me some P2P and we'll talk.

better yet, i can synth the p2p no prob (hehe...;-)

HeidiW
02-22-2007, 07:18 PM
Can I come hang out in the lab with you?

drugsaregood
02-22-2007, 07:56 PM
What about methylphenidate? :P

HeidiW
02-22-2007, 09:12 PM
I don't think so, but then again I haven't been in the lab in 10 years.

moviebuff927
02-22-2007, 09:39 PM
yeah, i assume that dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine®) and amphetamine (Adderall®) would be easier to convert to methamphetamine (Desoxyn®) than pseudophedrine and ephedrine.

BUT...Dextroamphetamine is a slightly more potent and stronger drug than meth, so if you have dextroamphetamine, why would anyone want to convert it to meth?

The reason meth is more abused and common than dextro is because it is easier to make/cook up.

Amen, I fucking love Adderall...rather have that than any other amphetamine with perhaps the exception of MDMA...hey, it's a type of amp.

I despise methamphetamine...meth mouth, the long half-life, the come-down, FUCK IT ALL...just give me some 30mg Adderall (and not that fucking XR shit either) and I'll be ready to boogie...

HeidiW
02-22-2007, 11:00 PM
I always liked DextroStat, good long-legged buzz without the fucked up side effects you get from methamphetamine.

kingdxm
03-30-2007, 11:52 PM
Turning dexamp to meth isn't really worth it. yes it is fairly easy(if you know chemistry) but dexamp. is about 2/3s as potent as meth, so why bother. Most people can't tell the difference betweem the 2. just stick with the d-amp. D-amp lasts about 12-15 hours(a good dose) and meth last about 12-20 hours. Personally from my chemical opinion it isn't worth the hassle. There are recipies for it on erowid if one was really serious about it. I personally would like to try acetylephedrine. It is not only legal but it has little to no peripheral effects, such as nervous jitters, increased heart rate, increased blood pressure, and the high is just as good as meth. plus it is easier to make that meth from ephedrine and it will show up as ephedrine in a drug test. It is made by adding an acetyl group to ephedrine in the same way as heroin is made by adding acetyl groups to morphine. by doing so it increases the fat solubility to the brain, perhaps creating a better rush tham meth(my personal opinion).