PDA

View Full Version : THE FUCKERS GOT ME AFTER 7 YEARS

HeidiW
02-01-2007, 10:42 PM
well anyone that half-assed knows me has paid attention to my smart-assed comments and knows I've been running from the law in KS for 7 years. I didn't exactly come right out and say this on here, but since the fucking pigs came to my house last Friday with A search warrant for ME:rolleyes: last Friday, my game is up.

Thank God 2 days before my old man got his H and R Block tax refund check or my ass would be in jail. I made the motherfuckers take my medications with me to the jail. They came up in here 19 deep cause of our criminal histories, (he was a violent SOB back in the day:D)

Gotta hire a lawyer now and DESPERATELY need to raise $$$$$$$

Anyone with any good advice? I don't really wanna go back to prison, 5 years was enough!!!!!!!

Chris_Thantos
02-01-2007, 10:52 PM
I dont want to get all up in your business so if I am out of line asking just say so but my best friend is a layer. What did you get hit for? I can ask him what he thinks would be the best way to appraoch this situation? Again if you dont want to tell me its cool we dont really know each other

KiD

SuperJunky
02-01-2007, 10:52 PM
Wow, that blows heidi. Get a good laywer, hopefuly everything'l work out well.

HeidiW
02-01-2007, 11:12 PM
Felony shoplifting a 3 dollar candle.
I got 3 misdemeanor theft convictions, and 4 misc. felonies. But the felonies are old, non-violent, and non-drug offenses, thank God. I'm just glad I flushed my my shit B4 the bastards got the door kicked in, you know what I mean? Shit 19 of them for little ol' me. :p I really don't give a fuck, I just don't want to go back to prison, 5 years was enuf, plus I've probably done 3 years in 10 different rehabs. Fuck.

Yes, please ask your atty. friend what I can do, I've already been diagnosed Kleptomaniac last fall, I really have a problem stealing shit, this is harder for me than quitting the needle.

I need your help fellow opiophiles. I got about $1500 that can go for an atty. right now.

ANY suggestions GREATLY appreciated. 1st appearance on shoplifting case next Tuesday, time is crucial!

robojunkie
02-01-2007, 11:32 PM
Heidi,

I'm not a lawyer but if actually have/can get a real psychiatrist diagnosis for that maybe the lawyer can get you into some kind pre-trial diversion therapy program type shit for that. Plus its a reasonable explaination for a three dollar candle...might not work if it were three thousand dollar jewelry and electronics and such. Maybe he can get you one of those "continued without finding for....months" deals based on therapy outcome. Don't know how shit works in LV but in Mass they do this shit all the time. I got out of a DWI (not the conviction, misdemeanor) but all the drunk driving school and a bunch of fines cause I was a drug addict and needed "help". So I got sentenced to 16 weeks of drug counseling, covered by insurance. But this was Mass, so who knows.

Also have no syringe possesion records cause of the "continued without finding" thing...

Dolophine
02-02-2007, 01:39 AM
Fucking prick cop bastards. All I can say is use the psychiatry thing as much as you can! If you're a kleptomaniac and a shrink thinks you are maybe you can get some "help" instead of going to prison for a long time. If it is a real mental disorder type thing then you might be able to get off the hook in regards to going to prison. You might be able to just get counseling or something. Maybe talk about your Kleptomania so the judge has sympathy or something. I have no idea? Maybe bring in a shrink who can explain your condition in a way that will get you some sympathy points. But i'm not sure about the legal system so I dunno.

I wish you luck Heidi! Sorry to hear they caught ya! We'll all be thinking of ya and hoping it goes okay!

---Dolophine--- aka "Ontario_Opiophile"

Duckfeet
02-02-2007, 01:58 AM
Best wishes Heidi. I just was reading that, and it was my and my old lady's life it seemed forever. She opted for probation, when I went to the pen, but then it seemed like she ended up doing life on the installment plan, cuz in Louisiana they could reinstate the original charge, any time you'd get violated, while I just did the year parole and was done. Main thing I know--which u do too--is get a good lawyer, and hold out, as they want to clear the books too. Running--which is what I guess you've been doing--gets old too, so u may have to make some hard decisions. If u *do* get a break, it usually comes with the presumption that u'll stay off dope, and give piss tests and all that, and u don't want to sign for something that u know u can't stick with. That's where the hard decisions come in. Such a tough world we are thrown into. I know u can probably play some kind of hardship card, and get them to throw all the charges together. A local lawyer will probably talk to you, see what u r up against. The trouble is, the hardest part, in my day, is that I didn't want to give up dilaudids and such, and any deal I got, I had to give them up. that's where the bitch comes, because if u get a play, and continue to screw around, then it's a cinch they violate u, it never ends...maybe u have to take a break from the crazy life, see what ur priorities are? Because along w/any diversion, drop to probation entails behaving. Our trouble was, we'd always go for the break, then continue to fuck up, then get really nailed. That's why u might need to say good by to dope life until things ease up...aren't u already on methadone maintenance?

Good luck, it's just a bitch, part of our world that really sucks, and loneliest feeling in the world. I already called a couple of bondsmen out here, "just in case...", so I won't have to sit in holding tank if worse gets to worse, but when it happens it sucks, but you're out, so hopefully some ray of lite will shine...

nick
02-02-2007, 04:10 AM
Wow Heidi this really sucks and I'm sorry they found you,but these days it's getting tougher and tougher to disappear.Maybe you could heard goats in montana,but they'd probably find you there too.

All I can advise are the general things to do.
1.Find best story(prefferably with evidence to back it up.
2.Stick to story.
3.HIRE the BEST LAWYER you can afford.
4.pray.
WE ARE ROOTING FOR YOU.

Euphoricgirl
02-02-2007, 06:44 AM
Bastards! Sorry to hear that Heidi. What was the warrant for? Not the 3 dollar candle I hope? My thoughts are with you. A good lawyer can always find away around things, mine did. TWICE!

Chris_Thantos
02-02-2007, 07:38 AM
Felony shoplifting a 3 dollar candle.
I got 3 misdemeanor theft convictions, and 4 misc. felonies. But the felonies are old, non-violent, and non-drug offenses, thank God. I'm just glad I flushed my my shit B4 the bastards got the door kicked in, you know what I mean? Shit 19 of them for little ol' me. :p I really don't give a fuck, I just don't want to go back to prison, 5 years was enuf, plus I've probably done 3 years in 10 different rehabs. Fuck.

Yes, please ask your atty. friend what I can do, I've already been diagnosed Kleptomaniac last fall, I really have a problem stealing shit, this is harder for me than quitting the needle.

I need your help fellow opiophiles. I got about $1500 that can go for an atty. right now.

ANY suggestions GREATLY appreciated. 1st appearance on shoplifting case next Tuesday, time is crucial!

Is the warrant from the candle? If so how did a 3.00 candle become felony shoplifting? Were you on probation when you got hit for shopkifting the candle? I know if you have 2 prior convictions for shoplifting they can charge it as felonoy shoplifting. (Need that information) If you have ben diagnosed by your shrink as a klepto that is something that needs to be brought up during pretrial. If no you can have your lawyer request a continuance so you can seek help from the shrink. Your lawyer needs to prove that you need help not jail. I am surprised that a 7 year warrant for shoplifting hasn't passed the statute of limitations but again it depends on your situation when you got busted. Even as a habbitual offender I would think there is a Statute of limitations for attempted theft even if ithey are booking you as a habbitual offender. Get me a bit more infor if you could and I will talk to my friend. I studdied Law for two years before deciding that it wasn't for me so I know some stuff but he is more up to date. If you feel more comfortable e-mailing me the information please do so @ cthantos_55@hotmail.com

Hope this all works out for you

KiD

southernbelle
02-02-2007, 07:44 AM
KiD, you might want to edit your email. ^^ You don't want the whole world emailing you, do you? btw, Heidi, I'm SOOOO sorry about all this! I pm'd you a minute ago.

HistoryofMadness
02-02-2007, 09:33 AM
Well, if its been so long, and you haven't been picked up again for stealing, then you could certainly argue that the treatment you've been getting is working, and you'll need to continue it to get better.

All mid-sized and up cities have professional legal help / aid for those that can't afford it. You might find some workshop classes in your paper, or definitely look in the phone book for the state office if not.

there's always the 'drug addict' method, where you try to get a pre-trial diversion to go to rehab. $3 seems like not even enough to bother. Hell it costed them 50x that to haul your ass out...

Fuckers. What kind of a nickel-and-dime store would press charges? Which reminds me of another solution: why not get your lawyer to talk with them about 'recompensating' and dropping the case?

antigonemuse
02-02-2007, 09:46 AM
I agree, getting yourself into some kind of counseling and or group treatment now, and informing the courts should help to soften the blow. Get the diagnosis in writing

why the hell would the cops be banging down your doors for a three dollar candle? Christ, that is so surreal... Talk about needing a purpose in life (the law, not you)

Good luck hun,keep your opio community informed

CrankySailor
02-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Good luck Heidi. Don't know you or really anyone here, but your story is scary-amazing. do your best not to let them steamroll you. a $3 candle... jeez.

be safe, find as a good a lawyer as you can... and hope you didn't have any children exposed to that insane scene.

Cranky

CUBErt
02-02-2007, 12:22 PM
Damn Heidi 19 cops? Youz one gnarly chick!

I've been wondering about you, haven't seen you in a while. I really don't know what to do in this situation though, but I'll keep you in my thoughts.

earthenone
02-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Yah, HOM has a good idea talkin to the store about doin some free work for them and recompensating them to drop the charges, being a woman maybe you could talk to the store manager if he is a man turn on the tears, talk bout how you have 5 children at home and they need their mommy really put on an act and play to his sympathy, it can't hurt anything, but a good lawyer is very important, unfortunately in america it is how much justice can u afford. I lived in KS till i was 15, and the laws there can be harsh. Good luck and i hope you can sing the song i fought the law and i won whenst this thing is over, ill burn a candle and send some possitive energy your way.

ZodiacKiller
02-02-2007, 01:13 PM
I can't offer you much in the way of advice, Heidi, that ain't already been said, but best of luck to ya. You don't deserve to go to prison for 5 fucking years.....

ZK

HistoryofMadness
02-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Yah, HOM has a good idea talkin to the store about doin some free work for them and recompensating them to drop the charges, being a woman maybe you could talk to the store manager if he is a man turn on the tears, talk bout how you have 5 children at home and they need their mommy really put on an act and play to his sympathy, it can't hurt anything, but a good lawyer is very important, unfortunately in america it is how much justice can u afford. I lived in KS till i was 15, and the laws there can be harsh. Good luck and i hope you can sing the song i fought the law and i won whenst this thing is over, ill burn a candle and send some possitive energy your way.

yes but don't do it without a lawyer, they'll end up getting basically a confession, your lawyer will no longer have a case, and you will have no bargaining chip.

definitely something you'll want to go through a lawyer with, as part of a strategy. most people aren't nice, and i have to say its a long shot. but its worth the try.

nick
02-02-2007, 02:53 PM
most people aren't nice-beautiful.That's a life time's realisation right there.

Chris_Thantos
02-02-2007, 03:01 PM
I read a few post's about talking to the store, well unless I read it wrong which is possiblee she is in trouble for something that happened 7 years ago. I doubt the store remembers her or her case. Going there may or may not help due to the time laps but I think the Shrink route is her best option as of now. As soon as I know what your situation was when you get busted I'll give my friend another call but as of right now he can't help much due to lack of info.

KiD

HistoryofMadness
02-02-2007, 03:02 PM
most people aren't nice-beautiful.That's a life time's realisation right there.

i thought you hippies think everyone's got gold in their hearts... are you agreeing with me?

or was that sarcasm?

zombiewoof23
02-02-2007, 04:43 PM
i thought you hippies think everyone's got gold in their hearts... are you agreeing with me?

or was that sarcasm?

Everyone does has gold in their hearts, trees need to be hugged, crystals worshipped and.....
"In a higher phase of communist society... only then can the narrow horizon of bourgeois right be fully left behind and society inscribe on its banners: from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs. " And maybe the "abolition of private property" wouldn't be such a bad idea......okay okay lets not get back into the failed systems debate again Mr. Madness.

nick
02-02-2007, 04:46 PM

or was that sarcasm?

Who are you calling a hippy?(that was sarcasm)

nick
02-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Everyone does has gold in their hearts, trees need to be hugged, crystals worshipped and.....
"In a higher phase of communist society... only then can the narrow horizon of bourgeois right be fully left behind and society inscribe on its banners: from each according to his ability, to each according to his needs. " And maybe the "abolition of private property" wouldn't be such a bad idea......okay okay lets not get back into the failed systems debate again Mr. Madness.

Hey ZW, If we're getting into the abolition of property can I have yours please?They're only things after all.

Darthvarga
02-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Heidi, I can't IM you. Can you contact me through my profile.

Duckfeet
02-02-2007, 07:26 PM
The real curse of all this legal weight--IMO--is that with a lawyer, you *can* get a play. The problem is, that "play" almost always entails a suspended sentence. That suspended sentence almost always entail piss tests, and a prohibition against the use of opiates. Because if u *get* the play, and go back to doing dope, *then* all they have to do is *violate* you, no court proceedings necessary. That is how *most* states now, keep dopefiends in jail, without ever having to go to trial. It's just tricky to explain to "civilians," and real reason prisons are full. Prisons aren't full of us because we all do "trial by jury" scene. No, prisons are full because we accept a plea bargain, with sentence suspended. At time, that always seems like a good deal.

Most of us want desperately to stay out of jail. I presume Heidi's case is no difference. Hence, we will accept just about any plea bargain that will enable us to stay free. And usually, if we have kids, or a working marriage, or good job, or what-have-you, we will make a half-hearted attempt to "stay clean"... Problem is, usually that gets old, we go back to the game, give a wrong piss test, get nailed...and then, the suspended sentence is thrown at us, sometimes in bits an pieces: a year here, a year there, and you end up doing at *least* the few years that were "suspended" in the first place.

My girl, most of my friends, were gotten off the streets *this* way, not by getting nailed in some heroic bank robbery or possession of pounds of dope. We get nailed well *after* the initial charge has been resolved, and not much we could do about it, since we signed the papers....It is much easier to give someone a probation violation of a year or two, here and there, than it is to convict someone of a felony. That's what most people don't understand, that we have signed our longterm freedoms away, in a futile attempt to stave off the immediate hell of jail/prison. I could go on at length of how it seperated me and my girl forever, seems like, both of us doing all kinds of time, me in beginning, her on probation violations...but it allowed me to see just how limited our choices really are, if we can't afford good legal representation...Rich people--like the Kennedys, etc., can get good lawyers, drop original charge down to misdemanors, get time serves or some such nonsense, and often a diversionary program where records get expunged. But your average public defender just doesn't have time for all that, and just wants you to cop a plea to felony w/sentence suspended. Deck is rigged.

The_Highwayman
02-03-2007, 04:20 PM
not 100% sure, but this site might help you out www.freeadvice.com

kyuss
02-03-2007, 04:51 PM
I really
hope all this
works itself out
for you Heidi.
Hated seeing this.

ProdigalSon
02-04-2007, 04:36 PM
Ant attorney can get the candle charged dropped to a misd. I dont relly know the history of everything, but a 3 dolla make you holla candle? A felony? I dunno. My prayers are with you truly. I hope it works out and you dont have to do any time.

You could also go for the appointed attorney. Put your tax money to use

greenfox
02-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Uhhh... Im sure you already said, but I'm retarded so.. what did you do to get them to send the mod squad after ya..? Just curious, you (of course) don't have to answer... take care.

::hugs:: foxfully yours,
gf

greenfox
02-04-2007, 06:19 PM
Who are you calling a hippy?(that was sarcasm)

I'm a hippie... I think.

Brony
02-04-2007, 06:35 PM
So sorry to hear about this, Heidi. I hope you get outta this situation unscathed. Best of luck.

oxymoron
02-04-2007, 08:58 PM
I just got rolled up for a week it sucked. Good luck

covv799ss
02-08-2007, 08:08 PM
If you had been charged 7 years ago, what exactly prompted them to issue the search warrant now? I ask you this because I may be in a similar situation. I hope everything turns out alright!

I'm a hippie... I think.

Is that really you?? I wouldn't doubt it, what with all the Grateful Dead and such I see you spouting here :).

Chris_Thantos
02-08-2007, 08:12 PM
I hope all is well with this situation I have not heardd anything from her since this was first posted? Anyone know what the deal is?

HeidiW
02-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Alright opiophiles, I am up and running again. I had to move (found out my landlord was snitchin' to the cops) and I just now got my internet going. I'm doing ok, got me a good lawyer. I'm a hoping things turn out ok, will keep everyone posted. thank you for everyone's thoughts, prayers, and positive energy, etc.;)

chemboy7
02-09-2007, 07:52 PM
Alright opiophiles, I am up and running again. I had to move (found out my landlord was snitchin' to the cops) and I just now got my internet going. I'm doing ok, got me a good lawyer. I'm a hoping things turn out ok, will keep everyone posted. thank you for everyone's thoughts, prayers, and positive energy, etc.;)

Good God, be careful Heidi. Remember that the majority of people brought in on Warrents get caught riding in cars. And don't worry, if I see you on America's Most Wanted my lips are sealed.

RoadHead
02-09-2007, 08:02 PM

what a fukn dickhead your landlord is heidi. glad to hear that you got a good lawyer. hopefully he can beat this shit hanging over your head so that you can move on with life.

keep a low profile, be safe, and good luck and best wishes for a better looking future..

Chris_Thantos
02-09-2007, 11:27 PM

Good to see you back Hedi - If I can help in anyway don't hesitate to ask - You seem to be a nice person who's past caught up with them because someone couldn't keep their damn mouth shut about shit that ws none of their business ... anyway welcome back and good luck

KiD

HeidiW
02-10-2007, 07:45 PM
Thantos, thank you. And a BIG thank you to Southern Belle for contributing to the HeidiDefenseFund!:)

HeidiW
02-10-2007, 07:48 PM
yes but don't do it without a lawyer, they'll end up getting basically a confession, your lawyer will no longer have a case, and you will have no bargaining chip.

definitely something you'll want to go through a lawyer with, as part of a strategy. most people aren't nice, and i have to say its a long shot. but its worth the try.

Yes, thank Christ my attorney is a genius, (and he's a biker too!!):cool:

nick
02-11-2007, 05:35 AM
Ah the magic words-good lawyer.Plus if he's a biker you could ask him if he's holding,while professing innocence.
Sorry Heidi(just playing) I'm glad you have a good lawyer,a new safe home and an internet connect so you can hang out with us degenerates.

HeidiW
02-11-2007, 10:37 AM
You degenerates are like FAMILY to me Nick, something I don't got anymore but my good ol' Dad, a.k.a. Sasquatch.

Ragdoll
02-17-2007, 03:10 PM
I just now stumbled upon this post. I'm so sorry I didn't see it before today.

FUCK landlords, kill, kill, kill....

FUCK the fucking COPS, bang, bang, bang = DEAD

FUCK the fucked-up system, which is all about making MONEY (and NOTHING else)

Okay, NOW. About you, Heidi...

I'm thrilled to hear that you have yourself a good lawyer. Babe, you have my very best and most positive vibes for ALL GOOD THINGS coming your way.

And, most importantly, HERE is your very own blue elephant: http://clicksmilies.com/s1106/tiere/animal-smiley-041.gif

In case you don't already know, he will be with you forever, wherever you are, protecting you from all the world's evil and pain.

Peace & LOVE,
~Sis Rags

HeidiW
02-17-2007, 03:16 PM
Sister Rags, thanks for elephant. I wish I had a video cam so you could see the happy tears!!!

Exactly, FUCK the govt. and police. They all can kiss my fat ass.

AWOL
02-17-2007, 03:49 PM
Got that bass boat ready?

HeidiW
02-17-2007, 03:54 PM
Hell yes, along with the Nintendo and vast pharmaceutical collection. Let's not forget the various leather attache cases filled with various forms of world currency.

Overdoze
03-09-2007, 10:35 PM
Good luck Heidi