PDA

View Full Version : Smoking codeine

Morefiend
02-01-2007, 06:20 AM
Is it possible cause i have recently blagged a presription of 28 30mg tabs. I tried chasing some morphine once but i only got the slightest bit buzzin (should i smoke it from a pipe)I am asking cause i am fed up of snorting (although people disagree snorting codeine is much better then munching it) and i am not shoving anything up my dirt ring and you cant shoot codeine can you? So any smoking methods please

doctor diesel
02-01-2007, 06:25 AM
As I understand it, you can't smoke codeine unless you have first converted it to codeine freebase, which takes a lot of chemistry. And even then the result isn't worth the effort invested.
As codeine is much more bioavailable than morphine, just swallow the pills.

Doc Diesel

nick
02-01-2007, 07:29 AM
Just drop the goddam pills.DFS are crap anyway.

insaneike
02-01-2007, 08:32 AM
OMG... ok i'm gonna restrain myself from giving a dick head response here, but god is it haaard!!!! :D

ANYWHO, do you realize how much freakin smoke would be needed to achieve any worthwhile effect??? Not to mention the codeine is gonna start degrading at just 150F. If you smoked morph what makes you think codeine will work lol. Plus you didn't mention any sort of extraction... please god don't tell me you was going to smoke a pill as is, be it MSIR or codien..

ALL IN ALL, NO~!:p

HistoryofMadness
02-01-2007, 08:38 AM
we're all learning here man don't worry about the haters... that's actually a very new word in my vocabulary and one i may retire right there. . .

anyway, I would start by eating three, then maybe 2 more, and try to keep a continuous buzz instead of the up and down... if you don't maintain a good level you won't get the most out of them...

at the same time, codeine causes nausea, so go slow at first to see where you are with them.

but don't smoke them you'll be burning dolla billz

OxyContinuously
02-01-2007, 08:53 AM
Novel approach, however don't waste your pills. Insaneike's right--it'll break down before you acheive any good results. I forgot who (doc diesel i think) said it, but to be smokable, a freebase it preferable, but I'll tell ya, it's a involved process, and really not worth it. I would have to agree w Nick and anyone else who advised you to just eat em.

Snorting codeine always burned like hell, for me, and with that APAP (unless it's codeine contin or something of that nature) it wasn't worth it.

Also remember that codeine is marketed as the sulfate, and the phosphate, and while these *are* soluble in water to some extent, a hydrochloride salt is always the best (or a citrate, acetate to a lesser extent even) as far as absorption goes (nasally I mean--in your stomach the HCl, the PO4 or the SO4 are all pretty much equal from a bioavailability standpoint) I would have to tell you not to waste them, by being exotic---just eat em.

take it easy folks

OxyC

stvip
02-01-2007, 11:34 AM
I've seen several reports of successful attempts at smoking codeine. If your prescription pills are codeine only, converting them to base form will be trivial. Note that IV codeine can be lethal.

Chemical_Boy
02-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Here's how I smoke them.

I open my mouth, inhale them (into my stomach), and follow them with some water or maybe a Rockstar. They are gone so fast they leave a trail of smoke from the pill bottle to my mouth.

I gotta ask this: Why in the fuck would you want to smoke a pill? I saw someone do this to a perfectly good methadose 10mg once. They broke it up and dumped it on weed. I almost cried. I mean, yes it is just a 10mg methadone tablet. But why????? WHY????? AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry. I just don't get it. And I am a smoker. I love smoking shit. Coke- I won't sniff it, I'll rock it. . . .Meth- if I can't find a glass tube I'll be raiding for light bulbs and busting out with the needlenose (yes, ontime I even took the little lightbulb out of my fridge. . .). Grass. . .Tobacco. . .

But pills???
Have fun.

ProdigalSon
02-01-2007, 04:12 PM
Like they all said eat them bitches! I have great luck with codeine for some reason. 4 or 5 t-3s and Im fling like I sniffed some oxy. Very weird I cant explain it. You could CWE as well. I could never fathom smoking a pill and having luck with it. I would have to see it fo' myself for id believe it and I dont want to waste any precious drugs, ya dig?

satori
02-01-2007, 04:47 PM
The first thought that came to mind:

WHY?!

satori
02-01-2007, 04:56 PM
Like they all said eat them bitches! I have great luck with codeine for some reason. 4 or 5 t-3s and Im fling like I sniffed some oxy. Very weird I cant explain it. You could CWE as well. I could never fathom smoking a pill and having luck with it. I would have to see it fo' myself for id believe it and I dont want to waste any precious drugs, ya dig?
Same

insaneike
02-01-2007, 11:52 PM
Snorting codeine always burned like hell, for me, and with that APAP (unless it's codeine contin or something of that nature) it wasn't worth it.

Hey man, no one should never ever do something like that!!! Please god don't tell me you snorted a T4 or T3 without doing an extraction!?!?!? n as far as I know there isn't any strait codeine tablets in the US(syrup and aspirin or apap formulas and theres a soma/codien pill). I hope none you guys who mentioned snorting codeine are talking about snorting codeine/apap pills as is! LMAO. Not to offend or nothing cause you probably didn't know but don't say it's so lol:p

A CWE or any other basic water extraction should be used when doing anything with pills other than eating. I even do extracts on a lot of msCs before I snort em.

i dunno, i just figured I'd say that NO ONE SHOULD EVER snort a T4 or nothing as is. Wouldn't those things make a whole damn wad of powder that would be equiv to liek a gram of coke??? cause the pills are HUGE man, like big as a soma! Even if APAP wasn't as bad for your nose as it is liver(worse i bet, at recommended doses) . Sorry just HAD to say this since theres so many new members and some may not know that is not a good idea...

Dolophine
02-02-2007, 12:13 AM
Codeine gives me a dirty ass chemical tasting buzz with severe stomach aches. I hate Codeine with a passion. I would not even take it if it was for free. I would take a bottle of it for free and sell it to someone but if someone said i'll give you 400mg free to do right now I will say fuck that Codeine is horse shit. I don't even see the point of having it on the market. They should just replace it with Hydrocodone or Oxycodone/Morphine. If you gave people Morphine instead it would be fine, it's not pleasurable orally really so why not use Morphine instead and not convert the precious Morphine into ungodly evil Codeine. fucking waste if you ask me. Morphine agrees with people better than codeine anyways. Codeine causes stomach pain and other problems in most people. I always tell the nurses and docs I can't take codeine when they ask what i'm allergic to, so they give me something better. Codeine sucks for pain and sucks for recreation. But hats off to the people who like it. You're lucky you can use it without getting sick. I'm happy that you can enjoy it. I'll never rag on anyone else for enjoying something. But for me it's a no go.

For some people it's a nice drug, but for me, it's pure disgusting evil.

Ya heard me?

---Dolophine---

robojunkie
02-02-2007, 12:33 AM
Codeine is good for one thing, morphine. Seriously though, I don't see how smoking it (assuming you basified it and it didn't decompose, big assumptions, especially the last one as it probably will) will help. You still have to metabolize to morphine anyway. I could be wrong, I'm not GI doctor or some shit, but I think the liver enzymes can only metabolize so much at such a rate so I doubt you'll get any rush or anything even if it did vaporize w/o decomp. I've banged it before (about 60 to 120 mgs, not sure long time ago, desperation) and no rush whatsoever, maybe felt less sick 20 minutes later. Don't do that though, heard its bad.

Speaking of that, pardon my ignorance but why is banging codeine lethal? Assuming purity, etc, and not an OD? I have heard this before and I'm not generalizing some bullshit like "I did it and I'm not dead, etc" I just don't really know the reason, didn't they used to manufacture codeine ampules way back when?

Zogledan
02-02-2007, 12:38 AM
still new on this planet but I thought I heard that White grape Fruit Juice was a NO NO as a potentator for codeine.That the trick was to let your humans livers enzymes convert codeine to morphine and not inhibit them with the enzymes in the some of the acid fruit juices found so plentifully in your planets land masses.

Morefiend
02-02-2007, 02:05 PM
Ok i learned something Dont smoke pills (Unless u know all the technical shit). I suppose i was being ignorant because of heroins connection with opiods i thought you smoke them

nick
02-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Oh man,I'm in Leeds and I've been where you are.When you can pm get in touch.I feel you need help.

P.S.When I say I've been where you are-I don't mean Leicester.

AWOL
02-04-2007, 06:27 AM
Dude, ignore the assholes that feel like since they obviously know everything in the whole wide world they should be a dickhead about responding to your question. That's why you come to sites like these, to ask questions you don't already know the answer to.

Answer: no, don't smoke them. Not good.
Funny answer: Don't smoke from a pipe, I hear smokin pole is the way to go.

OxyContinuously
02-08-2007, 08:40 AM
Hey man, no one should never ever do something like that!!! Please god don't tell me you snorted a T4 or T3 without doing an extraction!?!?!? n as far as I know there isn't any strait codeine tablets in the US(syrup and aspirin or apap formulas and theres a soma/codien pill). I hope none you guys who mentioned snorting codeine are talking about snorting codeine/apap pills as is! LMAO. Not to offend or nothing cause you probably didn't know but don't say it's so lol:p

A CWE or any other basic water extraction should be used when doing anything with pills other than eating. I even do extracts on a lot of msCs before I snort em.

i dunno, i just figured I'd say that NO ONE SHOULD EVER snort a T4 or nothing as is. Wouldn't those things make a whole damn wad of powder that would be equiv to liek a gram of coke??? cause the pills are HUGE man, like big as a soma! Even if APAP wasn't as bad for your nose as it is liver(worse i bet, at recommended doses) . Sorry just HAD to say this since theres so many new members and some may not know that is not a good idea...

You know, i wish i could say you were wrong, but you are 100 percent right. Unfortunately, It was a T4, and like you said, it was seriously fucking *gross.* i mean that has to be one of the more foolish things i attempted in my use of opiates. Forget about the codeine and if/how well it works, for a second and talk about the APAP. That is a really bad thing to snort, the pills are enormous, and can we say sinus headaches for the next two days.

anyway, needless to say, just eat 'em.

later

Oxy

doctor diesel
02-08-2007, 08:46 AM
Oh man,I'm in Leeds and I've been where you are.When you can pm get in touch.I feel you need help.

P.S.When I say I've been where you are-I don't mean Leicester.

Hey, I went to Leicester once (last year) and it was shit! :(

Doc D

nick
02-08-2007, 08:49 AM
Hey, I went to Leicester once (last year) and it was shit! :(

Doc D

Yeah bro,Leicester sucks.They stopped TB testing there(due to a shortage of ££££) Parts of Leicester are like the thirld world-good curry though.

Hammilton
02-08-2007, 12:06 PM
Well, I think I share the general feeling about smoking pills. I've smoked codeine freebase before when I was quite a light weight, and I sure liked the rush it produced. Then it was similar to a small amount of morphine smoked.

I mean, when Opium is smoked you're smoking morphine and codeine- what form are they present in? Isn't it morphine macetate or something (what's narcotic acid found in opium? I forget right now and I don't feel like going to look it up.)

DCBA
11-05-2007, 09:14 AM
This can explain why smoking codeine has effect:

Unique Brain Enzyme (CYP2D7) Converts Codeine To Morphine

The authors report the presence of a unique variant of P450 named CYP2D7 in the human brain and not in human liver or kidney. They detected this brain-specific variant, produced by the combination of a frameshift mutation and alternate splicing of the gene for P450, in half of the samples analyzed. Further tests showed that codeine was predominantly converted into morphine by the brain-specific variant of CYP2D7, while the major metabolite of CYP2D6, a P450 enzyme in the liver, is an inactive chemical called norcodeine. Significantly, the researchers located the CYP2D7 variant in the neurons of the periaqueductal gray area of the human brain, the region where morphine produces pain relief by binding to opioid receptors. “For effective pain relief, it would be ideal if morphine were formed in the brain where it can directly bind to opioid receptors,” the authors note.http://www.springerlink.com/content/n881648h2021l87k/

http://ccr.cancer.gov/news/inthejournals/7_28_04.asp

http://www.pharmgkb.org/do/serve?objId=PA146123006&objCls=Pathway

google it up for more...

Brony
11-05-2007, 11:40 AM
This can explain why smoking codeine has effect:

Unique Brain Enzyme (CYP2D7) Converts Codeine To Morphine

http://www.springerlink.com/content/n881648h2021l87k/

http://ccr.cancer.gov/news/inthejournals/7_28_04.asp

http://www.pharmgkb.org/do/serve?objId=PA146123006&objCls=Pathway

google it up for more...

PLEASE DON'T REVIVE DEAD THREADS! This thread HAD been dead for months. It should've stayed that way. ALWAYS check the date in the upper left hand corner of the last reply to the thread.

DCBA
11-05-2007, 03:10 PM
PLEASE DON'T REVIVE DEAD THREADS! This thread HAD been dead for months. It should've stayed that way. ALWAYS check the date in the upper left hand corner of the last reply to the thread.

Don't understand why not. Care to explain why??
If the threads would not be revived we wouldn't learn..

Dr. Oxy
11-05-2007, 03:27 PM
Its boring to the members who have read it. Just post the information as a new thread, much better than wading through 12 responses that all say the same exact thing, "dont smoke pills!!!!"
Idiot black people have asked me if i ever sprinkled "tylenol" on my joints, meaning codeine. I just laughed at them, oh I laughed like I never had before.

Inspektahdek
11-10-2007, 11:42 AM
The enzyme- "CYP2D6" not the 7 one is what converts it to morphine in the liver when swallowed orally, which is why codeine does not work if snorted or insuffulated

It's also the enzyme tagamet or cimetidine, the opiate potentiating med effects by blocking the enzyme letting the drug take longer to metabolize in the liver, thus producing more profound or just longer effects