PDA

View Full Version : Marinol

zombiewoof23
01-29-2007, 09:34 AM
Does anybody know the best way to ingest Marinol? I have an orange 10mg pill. I never thought I'd see one of these in my lifetime. I would assume that the THC is active and doesn't need to be heated, but I have no experience with it and don't want to waste it. I've heard of ppl smoking or eating the gel. I love the high from eating cannabis. It's the only method of ingestion that makes marijuana live up to its psychedelic classification IMO. Anyways looking for user experience(s) here so I don't waste it.

vicious86
01-29-2007, 09:47 AM
Does anybody know the best way to ingest Marinol? I have an orange 10mg pill. I never thought I'd see one of these in my lifetime. I would assume that the THC is active and doesn't need to be heated, but I have no experience with it and don't want to waste it. I've heard of ppl smoking or eating the gel. I love the high from eating cannabis. It's the only method of ingestion that makes marijuana live up to its psychedelic classification IMO. Anyways looking for user experience(s) here so I don't waste it.

For me they dont work very well no matter how u take them. There no way near as strong as smoking a doob or ingesting a bud for that matter. My recomendation to You would be to get about 10 or 20 and swallow them. Thats how many it will take to make u feel stoned. Smoking them is a waste of time . For me it didnt work any better. Your better off buying pot.

moviebuff927
01-29-2007, 09:52 AM
I've heard mixed things about this pill. I don't think it's as good as smoking a joint/blunt/bowl/etc. simply because marijuana has about 10-30 active cannabinoids, not just one like Marinol does. And, Marinol is SYNTHETIC THC, not extracted from the plant.

I've heard the best way to do it is by mouth but you have to have a good bit. I've heard of people smoking it, but I don't think it worked very well if at all.

-Troy

SuperJunky
01-29-2007, 09:55 AM
I've never got my hands on one of these personally but I've always wantd to. I'd do just about anything to have one to play w/. From what I understand it only takes fractional mgs smoked to get you high. If I had one I would crush the pill and add enough alchohol to dissolve it and make a .5mg/ml solution. Then boot up a 1/2 a ml. But I'm a needle freak to some degree and I have no idea how safe this would be. I cant really suggests this, injecting alchohol isnt a good idea to begin w/ but I've heard many a people have done it w/ no real harmful affects. I would use everclear or vodka (probably everclear, less water) because from what I understand THC isnt water soluable. This may be untrue for the case of marinol though, I dont know what form its in. Any thoughts? I've wanted to try this for years. Regaurdless of safty is my theory on this one correct? Would this work?

vicious86
01-29-2007, 09:55 AM
I've heard mixed things about this pill. I don't think it's as good as smoking a joint/blunt/bowl/etc. simply because marijuana has about 10-30 active cannabinoids, not just one like Marinol does. And, Marinol is SYNTHETIC THC, not extracted from the plant.

I've heard the best way to do it is by mouth but you have to have a good bit. I've heard of people smoking it, but I don't think it worked very well if at all.

-Troy

Moviebuff is right. I hate to bring u down but they sell them around here for .25 cents a piece because no one will by them for much more.(and thats for the 10 mg not 5s 5 go for .15cent

vicious86
01-29-2007, 09:57 AM
I've never got my hands on one of these personally but I've always wantd to. I'd do just about anything to have one to play w/. From what I understand it only takes fractional mgs smoked to get you high. If I had one I would crush the pill and add enough alchohol to dissolve it and make a .5mg/ml solution. Then boot up a 1/2 a ml. But I'm a needle freak to some degree and I have no idea how safe this would be. I cant really suggests this, injecting alchohol isnt a good idea to begin w/ but I've heard many a people have done it w/ no real harmful affects. I would use everclear or vodka (probably everclear, less water) because from what I understand THC isnt water soluable. This may be untrue for the case of marinol though, I dont know what form its in. Any thoughts? I've wanted to try this for years. Regaurdless of safty is my theory on this one correct? Would this work?

Theres liquid inside a little orange ball. Oil from a peanut or soybean or something like that suspending the thc. Ive tried booting it . dont bother.

SuperJunky
01-29-2007, 09:58 AM
Fuck, a quarter? I've offered a bunch of real desperate people a $100 for just one pill and no ones been able to come up w/ one. WTF? I guess there not prescribed around here very often.

SuperJunky
01-29-2007, 09:59 AM
What did you try to dissolve it in, or did you just suck up the liquid and boot it straight?

Dolophine
01-29-2007, 10:00 AM
I dunno, I have these pills that are similar to Marinol they are called Nabilone they are a THC analog a synthetic type. Stronger than Marinol though by a little bit. But they give me the exact same buzz as eating mass amounts of pot does. I used to eat massive amounts to get high and make food out of the stuff back when I used to grow. I would have so much i wouldnt know what to do with it so i would just eat it lmao. A great way to do it was take a fuckload of buds, put them in a mug and microwave it and then press out the oils with a spoon and add some 2% milk. Then the tea turns all greeny yellowy from the pot and you let it cool and drink the liquid and then you EAT the bud and boom, 1.5-2 hours later you are in hallucination land. population= YOU!

I would add on average 10-15 grams into the tea for one mug. A more or less regular size mug for coffee.

So this Nabilone stuff (which is similar to Marino) gave me the body buzz so maybe Marinol will give you the body buzz. You probably need more than one but I dunno. Usually two of the Nabilone gets me totally fried and out of it. I dont use THC or pot products due to paranoia nowadays. But if you enjoy pot you'd enjoy Nabilone and probably a few pills of Marinol. Especially if you like the Body buzz it makes you a fucking Zombie. That's why cancer patients who use pot, prefer pot. They like the natural pot better because Marinol gives them too strong of a body buzz to functon on. It lasts so long too. Marinol and Nabilone lasts like 10+ hours. I felt high on this Nabilone synthetic thc analog stuff for 24+ hours. Almost 2 days.

Marinol and Nabilone pills are both not like smoking a joint. It's like eating marijuana or pot food. The buzz is more of a body buzz. It lasts long and is not like smoking. Sure it has similarities because it's THC but it's more like eating hash brownies or drinking bud tea than smoking weed.

I wrote a whole little page on synthetic THC particularly Nabilone which is almost the same as Marinol. I'll list the link it's on Opiophile too. You may be interested in it. I spent alot of time on it. lol. No one seemed too interested so maybe you will be since you have Marinol which is almost identical to Nabilone.

I've tried something similar. I think it's actually an analog of DRONABINOL . It's synthetic THC and the name for it is Nabilone (CESAMET). The pills are red and yellow. It is basically a few hash brownies in a pill. lol. I've heard other people that are used to smoking weed don't like them but I have smoked 10000 joints in my day and ate more than enough hash brownies and drank enough marijuana tea to know the effects of high grade marijuana. And these Nabilone pills totally recreate a marijuana high! They may be synthetic but the high is the same as eating pot. Not smoking it. Eating it. The only thing is, it gets you high for about 24-48 hours. You feel totally stoned and when you first take a few it just creeps up on you after a few hours. You won't even notice it kick in fast just slowly over time you will notice you are whacked out of your skull and hallucinating and totally body buzzed. It's insane.

Marinol (Dronabinol) comes in dosages of 2.5mg, 5mg, and 10mg. Cesamet (Nabilone) comes in dosages of .25mg, .50mg, 1mg, 2mg. So you can almost surely bet that Nabilone (Cesamet) is the stronger Cannabinoid and this may give a better effect than Marinol. Almost all the literature I have read supports the higher potency of Nabilone to Dronabinol. What do you think?

DRONABINOL is MARINOL. So, the NABILONE (CESAMET) I had is different than those 2 drugs, but very similar. It's just an analog of them. But the effects are = or better. I happen to think they are better than Marinol, but people may not agree. Here is some info. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabilone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabilone)

ATTACHED PICTURES:
delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC is the first picture)
Nabilone (delta 9 THC analog) is the SECOND picture.

Important Safety Information2 from www.cesamet.net (http://www.cesamet.net/)

Cesamet (Nabilone), a synthetic cannabinoid similar to the active ingredient found in naturally occurring Cannabis sativa L. [Marijuana; delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (delta-9-THC)], is contraindicated in any patient who has a history of hypersensitivity to any cannabinoid. Patients receiving treatment with Cesamet (Nabilone) should be specifically warned not to drive, operate machinery, or engage in any hazardous activity while receiving Cesamet. During controlled clinical trials of Cesamet (Nabilone), virtually all patients experienced at least one adverse reaction. The most commonly encountered events were drowsiness, vertigo, dry mouth, euphoria (feeling “high”), ataxia, headache, and concentration difficulties. Cesamet should not be taken with alcohol, sedatives, hypnotics, or other psychoactive substances because these substances can potentiate the central nervous system (CNS) effects of nabilone.

vicious86
Fuck, a quarter? I've offered a bunch of real desperate people a $100 for just one pill and no ones been able to come up w/ one. WTF? I guess there not prescribed around here very often.

My wife know a bunch of people with aids being she was in the field. Dont bother with them they totally suck.

zombiewoof23
I just have one 10mg, so I'll just eat it and report back. If it doesn't do anything, I'll just smoke some ghanni to get to where I want to go. I'll give it a couple of hours first though, so I can give an accurate experience if it does get me off at all. Here's a pic of what I'm working with:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/0/0e/225px-Marinol2.jpg

vicious86
01-29-2007, 10:02 AM
I dunno, I have these pills that are similar to Marinol they are called Nabilone they are a THC analog a synthetic type. Stronger than Marinol though by a little bit. But they give me the exact same buzz as eating mass amounts of pot does. I used to eat massive amounts to get high and make food out of the stuff back when I used to grow. I would have so much i wouldnt know what to do with it so i would just eat it lmao. A great way to do it was take a fuckload of buds, put them in a mug and microwave it and then press out the oils with a spoon and add some 2% milk. Then the tea turns all greeny yellowy from the pot and you let it cool and drink the liquid and then you EAT the bud and boom, 1.5-2 hours later you are in hallucination land. population= YOU!

I would add on average 10-15 grams into the tea for one mug. A more or less regular size mug for coffee.

So this Nabilone stuff (which is similar to Marino) gave me the body buzz so maybe Marinol will give you the body buzz. You probably need more than one but I dunno. Usually two of the Nabilone gets me totally fried and out of it. I dont use THC or pot products due to paranoia nowadays. But if you enjoy pot you'd enjoy Nabilone and probably a few pills of Marinol. Especially if you like the Body buzz it makes you a fucking Zombie. That's why cancer patients who use pot, prefer pot. They like the natural pot better because Marinol gives them too strong of a body buzz to functon on. It lasts so long too. Marinol and Nabilone lasts like 10+ hours. I felt high on this Nabilone synthetic thc analog stuff for 24+ hours. Almost 2 days.

Nabilone ive never tried but do u smoke pot? If u dont u have no tollerence so no wonder.

SuperJunky
01-29-2007, 10:05 AM
I love to eat pot, gives a completely different high than smoked. And at different doses oral can seem to provide a couple different highs, kinda like the plateau's of a dxm high. Just my experience.

vicious86
01-29-2007, 10:05 AM
What did you try to dissolve it in, or did you just suck up the liquid and boot it straight?

I sucked the liquid out of 4 or 5 balls and booted it. No water because its oil

Dolophine
01-29-2007, 10:06 AM
I've tried something similar. I think it's actually an analog of DRONABINOL . It's synthetic THC and the name for it is Nabilone (CESAMET). The pills are red and yellow. It is basically a few hash brownies in a pill. lol. I've heard other people that are used to smoking weed don't like them but I have smoked 10000 joints in my day and ate more than enough hash brownies and drank enough marijuana tea to know the effects of high grade marijuana. And these Nabilone pills totally recreate a marijuana high! They may be synthetic but the high is the same as eating pot. Not smoking it. Eating it. The only thing is, it gets you high for about 24-48 hours. You feel totally stoned and when you first take a few it just creeps up on you after a few hours. You won't even notice it kick in fast just slowly over time you will notice you are whacked out of your skull and hallucinating and totally body buzzed. It's insane.

Marinol (Dronabinol) comes in dosages of 2.5mg, 5mg, and 10mg. Cesamet (Nabilone) comes in dosages of .25mg, .50mg, 1mg, 2mg. So you can almost surely bet that Nabilone (Cesamet) is the stronger Cannabinoid and this may give a better effect than Marinol. Almost all the literature I have read supports the higher potency of Nabilone to Dronabinol. What do you think?

DRONABINOL is MARINOL. So, the NABILONE (CESAMET) I had is different than those 2 drugs, but very similar. It's just an analog of them. But the effects are = or better. I happen to think they are better than Marinol, but people may not agree. Here is some info. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabilone (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nabilone)

ATTACHED PICTURES:
delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC is the first picture)
Nabilone (delta 9 THC analog) is the SECOND picture.

Important Safety Information2 from www.cesamet.net (http://www.cesamet.net/)

Cesamet (Nabilone), a synthetic cannabinoid similar to the active ingredient found in naturally occurring Cannabis sativa L. [Marijuana; delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (delta-9-THC)], is contraindicated in any patient who has a history of hypersensitivity to any cannabinoid. Patients receiving treatment with Cesamet (Nabilone) should be specifically warned not to drive, operate machinery, or engage in any hazardous activity while receiving Cesamet. During controlled clinical trials of Cesamet (Nabilone), virtually all patients experienced at least one adverse reaction. The most commonly encountered events were drowsiness, vertigo, dry mouth, euphoria (feeling “high”), ataxia, headache, and concentration difficulties. Cesamet should not be taken with alcohol, sedatives, hypnotics, or other psychoactive substances because these substances can potentiate the central nervous system (CNS) effects of nabilone.

I hope you won't think this info is useless. Since we were talking about pharmaceuticals I thought I should speak about this drug since it's very rare and it was recently approved by the FDA so some of you may come into contact with it and wonder about it. If it's useless info just scrap the post. Thanks, Dolophine. Oh, and, MY FAVOURITE PHARMACEUTICAL is the Done aka Dolophine.

vicious86
01-29-2007, 10:07 AM
I just have one 10mg, so I'll just eat it and report back. If it doesn't do anything, I'll just smoke some ghanni to get to where I want to go. I'll give it a couple of hours first though, so I can give an accurate experience if it does get me off at all. Here's a pic of what I'm working with:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/0/0e/225px-Marinol2.jpg

Is that the experation date . If so dont take the pill. Its a natural oil inside those balls and they go bad.
I dont know if it will hurt but it wont work and might make u sick a bit.

SuperJunky
01-29-2007, 10:12 AM
I dont know if its true or not but I've heard that old peanuts can be quite toxic. This tends to be true of things that are harvested from the ground. Never eat a green potato. I dont know if you were saying they contained peanut oil or something similair but if they do and this is true you could end up quite sick.

Dolophine
01-29-2007, 10:15 AM
Nabilone ive never tried but do u smoke pot? If u dont u have no tollerence so no wonder.

I don't smoke pot anymore but it always worked for me even when I did and It is identical to just eating a bunch of buds. That's all I can compare it to. Nabilone is better than Marinol I think though.

Marinol comes in higher dosages than Nabilone so it's not as potent. Nabilone comes in small ones like .25mg and .5 mg and 1 mg. The Nabilone capsule is almost pure filler. All you can taste is filler it just has no taste at all. You cannot taste any THC or anything. I just empty it out onto my tongue and put some under the tongue and swallow it or let it go into the tongue sublingually. It has no taste so it's not bad to use on the tongue or buccaly (in the cheeks)

If i enjoyed pot like I used to, Nabilone would be something I would use alot. I actually had it prescribed as a sleeping pill lmao. Which is very strange considering it's meant to stop cancer patients from vomiting and to help them gain an appetite. It is very sedating though and does put you to sleep after a while, but isn't Cannabis sedating when eaten? I think it is. I dont think Cannabis has ever been very energizing when I ate it. It was always sedating and brought on hallucinations nothing like mushrooms or lsd but just different. They are more calming less freaky. Somewhat enjoyable and oh boy i have 2 bottles of those Nabilone left. hmmm.

Maybe an experience report is neccessary? I would try them again for the benefit of science lol. And to get some sleep. I just dont like feeling stoned for 2 whole days it's kind of aggravating especiallyif you feel kinda upset or paranoid it doesnt go away like smoking it just lingers forever. Eating is a totallydifferent ballgame. I get less paranoid eating though. So i dunno. We shall see. Synthetic THC is interesting to me. Good ol Delta 9 THC

vicious86
01-29-2007, 10:17 AM
I dont know if its true or not but I've heard that old peanuts can be quite toxic. This tends to be true of things that are harvested from the ground. Never eat a green potato. I dont know if you were saying they contained peanut oil or something similair but if they do and this is true you could end up quite sick.

Yes the thc is suspended in an oil of some kind. Its seseme oil to be exact.

Dolophine
01-29-2007, 12:05 PM
Yes the thc is suspended in an oil of some kind. Its seseme oil to be exact.

The THC in Nabilone pills is powder form. I wonder why they suspend the THC in sesame oil in the Marinol?

These Nabilone (Cesamet) pills that i've been talking about are SCHEDULE II which is interesting considering Marinol is SCHEDULE III......hmmm weird.

zombiewoof23
01-29-2007, 12:08 PM
Is that the experation date . If so dont take the pill. Its a natural oil inside those balls and they go bad.
I dont know if it will hurt but it wont work and might make u sick a bit.

No thats not the expiration date. I just got that pic off of the internet. I'll try it tomorrow and will report back on any experience, or lack of.

zombiewoof23
01-29-2007, 12:15 PM
The THC in Nabilone pills is powder form. I wonder why they suspend the THC in sesame oil in the Marinol?

I would assume they do this because THC bonds with fat, so I would think that is it for the same reason why you would make ganja butter for cooking purposes. Also sesame oil might have less of a chance of causing an allergic reaction like some other kinds of oils. This is a total guess on my part. I know back when I grew, I would always make ganja butter out of some of my dank.

I always know whether I am going to get off on ganja food based on whether I get nauseous or not within 30-45 minutes after ingestion. Like I said before, Missouri is Indian for shit drugs, so I was excited about getting this and some ghanni. After several years of slacking, I still know my strains based on taste and smell.

HistoryofMadness
01-29-2007, 12:21 PM
I love to eat pot, gives a completely different high than smoked. And at different doses oral can seem to provide a couple different highs, kinda like the plateau's of a dxm high. Just my experience.

only way i'll do it. zombie i've never had them, heard mixed results. love to hear the trip report.

trainwrecker
01-29-2007, 01:16 PM
Marinol sucks, but I have a "weed toleance", if you want to call it that. I recall taking three or four of the little balls and feeling very little.

moviebuff927
01-29-2007, 01:51 PM

If I had some, I'd hook you up for $100 a pill.

Damn superjunky, are you fiending or what? I mean offering to pay $100 for a Marinol...damn.

SuperJunky
01-29-2007, 02:09 PM
I made the offer when I first heard of them maybe three or four years ago, maybe longer. It wasnt a fiending thing, just really wanted to play w/ them. I really figured you could get really stoned by injecting the shit after getting it into an alchohol solution. This was before I even used needles, I had one a friend of mine had jacked from the nursing home he worked at. I was so certain it would work. I had no idea the pills were filled w/ oil. I'd still try it. I used to have more cash than I really knew what to do w/. UnfortunatlyI figured something out. Today I managed to scrounge up $35 in change....

Chemical_Boy
01-29-2007, 02:22 PM

I don't know that one pill will do you any good with any method of ingestion. I had some of these once a long time ago. I took one and didn't really notice anything, but I was also smoking KB at the time so the bud probably eclipsed any effects that I would have got from the marinol. The next day I took the rest of what I had all at once and did not smoke any bud. I had between 6 and 8 of the 10mg pills. I remember having a bit of a stony buzz an hour or two later. I was a mega stoner back then so they may have hit me harder if I didn't have the tolerance. I do remember thinking that it was kind of cool feeling stoned without having smoked any bud. Also, when I went into the bathroom I definitely looked stoned- my eyes had that squinty, red, glazed look that stoners know so well. The pills must have been somewhat potent to have that effect on my eyes, because when I smoke a lot of grass all the time, like I was then, my eyes don't really get slammed after a while. I get tolerant to it or something, but these marinol pills definitely slammed my eyes.

Anyway enjoy it, man! I wouldn't say that it was a stellar experience, but it was definitely unique. You don't come by those too often. . .

greenfox
01-29-2007, 03:37 PM

my ex-fiance' used to get 10 of these a day i shit you not. One ain't gonna do much (it's only 10mg of thc if it's an orangey,) BUT... stick a pin thru it and then swallow it whole. Makes for good munchies, not a great high. I think it's because it lacks the other CBD components that grass usualyl has.

repeek
01-29-2007, 04:37 PM
I have a friend with leukemia that gets marinol, we tried them and all I got was the munchies, no buzz whatsoever. No one I know got a buzz from theses things, just hunger that put the munchies to shame.

Everyone who I know that tried them didn’t have any interest in trying them again. For me the unquenchable hunger was really uncomfortable, and the more I took the longer the hunger lasted. Being as hungry as a bear and no buzz was a real bummer.

blackdog
01-29-2007, 05:10 PM

yo woofie i thought you just supposed to add water and it turns into a joint??.............................my/bad sorry
dawgg,

WarmCyanide
01-29-2007, 08:10 PM
drizzle it onto some green like honeydew. end of story. btw: hi ZW!!! long time no hear

zombiewoof23
01-29-2007, 09:23 PM
drizzle it onto some green like honeydew. end of story. btw: hi ZW!!! long time no hear

What's up WC? So we have a vote for smoking it? Since everyone is talking about having to take so much orally, smoking seems like it might be the way to go. It will mess up my nice ghanni flavor, but thats okay if its about getting a little higher.

SuperJunky
01-29-2007, 09:36 PM
It probably has to do w/ the combination of chemicals in MJ, synergy/potentiation, maybe some chemicals are much stronger than thc, or its a diferent form, but it seems to me like 100mg of THC, even for an oral dose is really really high. How much THC is in MJ? I was under the impression that a joint only had a fraction of a MG of thc in it. I need to refresh on this shit. I'm getting sloppy. Back to erowids.

Dolophine
01-30-2007, 08:45 AM
I still don't understand why the Nabilone pills I have are in powder form, less MG's, more potent. Yet are a THC analog just like Marinol. Why the fuck is Marinol in the Sesame oil and my Nabilone in powder? lmao

Apparently they are both more or less the same thing, diff analogs but still forms of THC. I've never tried the Marinol but Nabilone works and is also THC and is acting in tiny doses of 250mcg and 500mcg and 1mg. I've eaten 2 pills and gotten high for almost 2 days straight. Wtf is up with that? I can't find out much about Cesamet (Nabilone) on the internet. I can find out more about marinol but Marinol sucks from what I hear. hmmm. Nabilone also lasts 48 hours and is used for once daily dosing. It says Nabilone is THC yet it appears to be diff than the THC in Marinol and i'm not sure why its pissing me off. Does anyone know?

Plus, Marinol is CIII in the U.S and Nabilone is CII I wonder why that is? the following is from the search engine

Because of the substantial risk for disturbing psychotomimetic reactions in patients receiving the synthetic cannabinoid, nabilone should be reserved for use in patients who have failed to respond adequately to conventional antiemetic treatments. Adverse psychiatric effects can persist for 48 to 72 hours following discontinuation of therapy and may cause central nervous system effects, such as dizziness, drowsiness, euphoria, ataxia, anxiety, disorientation, depression, hallucinations, and psychosis.

Patients should be advised that concomitant use of alcohol, sedatives, hypnotics, or other psychoactive substances can potentiate these effects. They should also be warned against driving, operating machinery, and engaging in hazardous activity during treatment, according to the FDA.

roxi*stardust
02-01-2007, 08:32 AM

-Troy

These Nabilone (Cesamet) pills that i've been talking about are SCHEDULE II which is interesting considering Marinol is SCHEDULE III......hmmm weird.

moviebuff is right, 100% right on. You will be disappointed with that Marinol cap, nothing like weed at all, I found it to be more sedating than smoking bud and without the psychoactive component of good bud. As for the scheduling of Marinol, when it was first FDA approved it was a CII, after about 3-4 years on the marker it was lowered to CIII. They did this based on the potential for abuse, they found it to be much lower than excepted.

WarmCyanide
02-01-2007, 03:41 PM
tis better to smoke ZW

zombiewoof23
02-04-2007, 09:45 PM
Finally getting back to this thread. Not much to report with the 10mg Marinol. I ended up poking a hole in the pill and saturating a little bit of ghanni I had packed in the bowl. Two large drops on the pot, then I ate the rest of what was left. The high was pretty good smoked, but it was relatively short lived. I'd say I had an intense THC buzz for maybe 30 minutes, then the buzz tapered off fairly quickly during the course of another hour. Nothing crazy or too spectacular about the buzz. I've been higher off of simply puffing down on good strains over the years. I didn't get any kind of buzz off of the small amount I ate.

I wouldn't pay more than $5-$10/pill if you're curious and just wanting to try it out. Other than that, my recommendation is just buy a bag of dank and forget about the marinol. If you can only get schwag in your area, you'd still more than likely get higher off of the schwag by making pot butter/oil to cook with and ingesting it. I never thought I'd actually see any of these in my lifetime and was glad to try it once.

Nice buzz, just dont pay too much for these. Oh yeah, when you smoke this stuff it tastes like you're smoking seeds which sucked considering the ghanni I had was quite tasty.

TokinDerrick
03-04-2007, 05:32 AM
I know someone over the net who is scripted these, he said he gets the 10's and it takes like 4 to get him to feel good. I've been told by real potheads (the kid thats scripted them, doesn't really smoke, he just takes pills) that they don't really do shit. problem is, its just THC, and not the other active cannibanoids in herb.

so I've put thought in it, and thought about popping the pill, squirt it onto a rolling paper and let it dry, then roll with that paper. it make sense that way right? you'd get like super THC weed, becasue it'd have the other cannibanoids in it, but it'd have a high amount of THC, so it'd be like smoking some good.

chemboy7
03-04-2007, 07:13 AM
I know someone over the net who is scripted these, he said he gets the 10's and it takes like 4 to get him to feel good. I've been told by real potheads (the kid thats scripted them, doesn't really smoke, he just takes pills) that they don't really do shit. problem is, its just THC, and not the other active cannibanoids in herb.

so I've put thought in it, and thought about popping the pill, squirt it onto a rolling paper and let it dry, then roll with that paper. it make sense that way right? you'd get like super THC weed, becasue it'd have the other cannibanoids in it, but it'd have a high amount of THC, so it'd be like smoking some good.

No, the active ingredient in Marinol is Dronabinol which is a synthetic Canabinoid; in fact, Dronabinol is not even found in any of the Marijuiana species. Neither Indica nor Stativa produce Dronabinol, Roxane Laboratories does. It's a shitty excuse for a drug, from a recreational standpoint, regardless of your route of administration. Take my word drying it out and smoking it doesn't make it any better, neither does shoving it up your ass; I haven't gotten ballsy enough to try slamming that stuff and don't think I ever will because I doubt it would be better and like I said before, it's a shitty excuse for a recreational drug. Just smoke a joint man, it's easier to get and fucks you up alot more.

TokinDerrick
03-04-2007, 01:01 PM
well, I know its not exactly THC, but I think what dronabinol or whatever is, is a synthetic THC, I just know whatever it is, its equivalent is THC, and no other cannibinoids. like the sativex spray, I know has THC and I think CBD in it. which are the two main things you want.

also, do not slam them, its like a sesame oil thats inside of the capsule. and I was told by some hardcore injectors that it doesn't work anywayz.

chemboy7
03-04-2007, 01:21 PM
well, I know its not exactly THC, but I think what dronabinol or whatever is, is a synthetic THC, I just know whatever it is, its equivalent is THC, and no other cannibinoids. like the sativex spray, I know has THC and I think CBD in it. which are the two main things you want.

also, do not slam them, its like a sesame oil thats inside of the capsule. and I was told by some hardcore injectors that it doesn't work anywayz.

Saying that Dronabinal is like synthetic THC is like saying that Oxycontin is synthetic Herion... sorry but it's not, your wrong. THC can be produced synthetically, yes, but the product is not Dronabinal, it's THC. Dronabinal is a completely synthetic compound in the Cannabinoid class much like Oxycontin is a semi-synthetic Opaite; neither one is Heroin or THC. In fact, effect-wise Dronabinal is nothing like THC at all. Trust me 10mg of THC in an oil base would fuck you up orally, very much so. The only thing Dronabinal and Tetrahyrocanabinal have in common is they are both Cannabinoids. Like I said before Dronabinal is a shitty recreational drug and anyone who has actually had it will tell you the same thing or blow smoke up your ass. Alot of people have little to no CNS effects at all off of high doses of it. All it did for me in massive doses is give me a mild, no where near pot-like buzz, that quite honestly was pretty shitty. THC will fuck you up, with or without the other Cannabinoids in the plant matter, Dronabinal... not so much. Like I said before it's a shitty excuse for a recreational drug and best used to sell to rubes that think they are the shit so you can go score some real drugs.

Paregoric Kid
03-05-2007, 01:14 AM
how did you get nabilone? I thought they only used that in hospitals. sounds like some good stuff.

jacky
03-05-2007, 06:59 PM
I like eating the pills with sesame oil on a day off with a good amount of M.

the combination knocks me out usually, and also I generally see green and pink blotches on all my walls.

I cant say that the feeling is entirely like eating weed, but there is a strong comfortable somniferic effect.

I wouldnt pay much for one, but when I get a few for free I dont turn my back on them.
tried smoking one, pretty useless I think, unless you have a vaporizer.

SuperJunky
03-05-2007, 08:31 PM
Sounds intersting, do you take a couple at a time jacky? I'd love to get my hands on some even if you cant boot them like I originaly hoped. Hmmm... I wonder if I could find an online pharmacy that sells these?

Woowoo
03-05-2007, 09:39 PM
I tried Marinol and I ended up confused. Confused at what a shitty drug it is. But WHY? It's supposed to be loaded with THC, right? I'm one of the biggest potheads I know, so sure I got a THC tolerance, but after eating two of them I felt very close to nothing. In fact I'm not sure if I could distinguish Marinol from the placebo effect.

"Bogus pills" you might say ... but no, these were a friend's prescription, he didn't make me pay for them it was just a gift. There was no reason for a ripoff here, and I know this guy anyhow, he wouldn't rip anybody off.

On the other hand, if I eat a gram or two of good hash, I'll be as high as a loon.

Is there really something in hash other than THC that makes us high? Like I said, it's all very confusing for me. I guess I'll just stick with my kind-buds.