PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Lortab

Chemical_Boy
01-27-2007, 10:58 PM
So I just had my tonsils out and they were nice enough to prescribe liquid medication for the week following. They sent me home with a script for hydrocodone/apap syrup. I've taken a lot of hydro in the past so I was kind of skeptical as to whether or not it would even be worth taking at it's therapeutic dose. It actually works fairly well (although it is really just a sore throat when it boils down to it. Like strep or worse, but still just a sore throat). The doctor actually wrote to take more than the standard dose that my insurance would cover- I went to re-up on one of my refills and the insurance came back too soon. The pharmacist did the math though, and said I had followed the doc's instructions so he filled it anyway. I called the insurance like WTF and they said that I would have needed a pre-auth for them to cover the dose that he wrote for since it was more than the standard dose.
I never cared much for insurance companies, even the good ones suck, but at least the doctor had the decency to send me home with a fair dose. Some of those guys think that, "take half of on of these vicodin every 12 hours as needed. I gave you four of them. That's a lot. . ." and that should do the trick.

I digress. This "Liquid Lortab" isn't too bad, but it would be hard to take a recreational dose since I don't think a CWE would work.

Anyone out there ever get any of this stuff prescribed? If so, please share your story.

Chemical_Boy
01-29-2007, 01:04 PM
I know no one really gives a shit, but I just want to go on record as saying this stuff sucks.

Thank you. Drive through.

wafflehead77
01-29-2007, 01:39 PM
My girlfrien had a 200ml bottle with 2 refills of the stuff. I believe it was 7.5/500/15ml. When I drank 60-75 ml, I felt an uneasy buzz, with bad stomach pains. I think the high sugar content and alcohol effect the overall feel of the syrup. However, when I held 30ml in my mouth for 5min before swallowing, then repeating, it worked much better. Maybe you could try that. If your prescriber is cool, call them and see if they will switch you to the oxycodone liqid. That shit works much better.

roxi*stardust
01-30-2007, 06:28 PM
I know no one really gives a shit, but I just want to go on record as saying this stuff sucks.

Thank you. Drive through.
What happen in one day Chem? I thought you were kinda liking the shit yesterday? Is it the red syrup or the yellow syrup? The yellow one tastes better, IMO

Dan Watson Mylan
01-30-2007, 06:41 PM
Hydrocodone is "weak tea", as far as narcotic painkillers go. And vicodin abuse can be especially dangerous, as is with anything that contains as much tylenol as that. So you're better off sustaining a "chippie" habit (part-time) and try to get your hands on some REAL dope, like oxycodone (NOT percocet, they contain tylenol also) it's WAY stronger than hydro, plus it's derived from Thebaine, not Morphine, so the high is little more "up" than other opiates. enjoy!

insaneike
01-30-2007, 09:26 PM
I've never seen a hydro/apap syrup... i've only been scripted the hydro/guafes syrups. I get CodiCleat every few weeks for basicly a smokers cough(the cool doc whom gives me all my good meds and got me started on fent). do u know what brand it was wrote on the script as? just curious. Although hydro is complete garbage to most opis users aside from the obvious at least your doc cares enough to keep you out of pain, i guess, if thats all you reallllly needed and if you don't have a legit toler.

OhJoy
01-30-2007, 09:34 PM
I loved it. I had it for a bad bought of bronchitis once. it was called entex HC. It was awesome!

Chemical_Boy
01-31-2007, 08:20 PM
What happen in one day Chem? I thought you were kinda liking the shit yesterday? Is it the red syrup or the yellow syrup? The yellow one tastes better, IMO

Yeah. . . It lost it's magic when I realized that my freakin' liver hurt. I could see the fun with some tussin or something, but this had 500mg per 15ml and 7.5mgs of the good stuff. I'd take Norcos any day and I am too god damned lazy for CWE.

Of course now I am out and the lortab elixir doesn't sound so bad. . .

Chemical_Boy
01-31-2007, 08:28 PM
Hydrocodone is "weak tea", as far as narcotic painkillers go. And vicodin abuse can be especially dangerous, as is with anything that contains as much tylenol as that. So you're better off sustaining a "chippie" habit (part-time) and try to get your hands on some REAL dope, like oxycodone (NOT percocet, they contain tylenol also) it's WAY stronger than hydro, plus it's derived from Thebaine, not Morphine, so the high is little more "up" than other opiates. enjoy!

Don't worry man, I have had my fair share of all those goodies. You take what you can get. I haven't done dope for a month now and even this week ass script got me all excited. Though when they said I was getting liquid medicine to take home, I almost fucking shit myself because I was thinking oxyfast or something actually worth munchin'

I've never seen a hydro/apap syrup... i've only been scripted the hydro/guafes syrups. I get CodiCleat every few weeks for basicly a smokers cough(the cool doc whom gives me all my good meds and got me started on fent). do u know what brand it was wrote on the script as? just curious. Although hydro is complete garbage to most opis users aside from the obvious at least your doc cares enough to keep you out of pain, i guess, if thats all you reallllly needed and if you don't have a legit toler.
Yeah, I hadn't heard of it either, I thought it was all hydro/guaf or something like that. It was apparently generic for liquid lortab, because I was able to find it on the net in the same concentration and that's what the nurses referred to it as. It was a strangely written/printed label because it just said hydro/apap elixer. Didn't even tell the mgs. I had to look it up on the net before I could find out how much would be toxic to the old blood filter. Thing' got some mileage on it you know?

Yeah. . . It lost it's magic when I realized that my freakin' liver hurt. I could see the fun with some tussin or something, but this had 500mg per 15ml and 7.5mgs of the good stuff. I'd take Norcos any day and I am too god damned lazy for CWE.

Stop double posting Asshole!!

Oh wait. ..

northernstar
07-13-2008, 01:59 PM

So anyone figure out how to seperate the crap?
swims buddy is getting a half bottle later, but has to split with buddy.....
swim cares about his liver..swimbuddy prob just gulp it down.....

no cold waddy?

Consumed.
07-13-2008, 02:09 PM

How much do you think he learned there?

Somanax
07-13-2008, 02:57 PM
Forget it

This thread

is so old

EleusisII
07-13-2008, 03:06 PM
It usually takes me 40mg of oxy to get me rocking, and for me, that seems to equal 100mg of hydro (Talking about effects in personal experience)

So a bad cough is usually good for 1,5-2 doses for me... Not a lot, but for newbies I guess it would rock.

I really hate some docs, especially the ones, that'll lean over from their desk, look you in the eye and in a really serious voice say: This is A NARCOTIC!... bah!

northernstar
07-13-2008, 11:01 PM
It usually takes me 40mg of oxy to get me rocking, and for me, that seems to equal 100mg of hydro (Talking about effects in personal experience)

So a bad cough is usually good for 1,5-2 doses for me... Not a lot, but for newbies I guess it would rock.

I really hate some docs, especially the ones, that'll lean over from their desk, look you in the eye and in a really serious voice say: This is A NARCOTIC!... bah!

a swim starts by injecting 40 oc minimum......but swimm hasent had any OC in weeks, or H in years....this crap is what swim has.....7.5 good 500apap per 15 ml. there may be alchole in it as well.

id get something if i drank the whole thing....( well half bottle) but thats like a bilion mg. of apap....its sitting in the freezer now....about to check for ethanol.