PDA

View Full Version : Time released hydro exists...

SalvationThroughDilaudid
01-25-2007, 10:33 PM
http://www.tussionex.com/physicians/home.htm

This is the first time released hydrocodone I've ever seen.

Look at the bottom of the page on the above link and you'll find a section that states:

Unique Pennkinetic® system delivers smooth release of medication at a controlled rate

and that

Only TUSSIONEX® extends the release of hydrocodone and chlorpheniramine over 12 hours

Each teaspoon of this stuff contains time released 10mg hydro and 8mg of a time released chlorpheniramine. Not sure of the side effects you might get from the antihistamine, but this stuff may have potential. As an antihistamine, I'm guessing it may even potentiate the hydro. A single dose lasts for about 12 hours. I definately would try it out. Anybody else here had good luck with it or even heard of it?

Chemical_Boy
01-25-2007, 11:37 PM
I saw a thing on the VicodinCR on the government/FDA experiment site.

Check it out http://www.clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT00325949

roxi*stardust
01-26-2007, 08:29 AM
http://www.tussionex.com/physicians/home.htm

This is the first time released hydrocodone I've ever seen.

Look at the bottom of the page on the above link and you'll find a section that states:

Unique Pennkinetic® system delivers smooth release of medication at a controlled rate

and that

Only TUSSIONEX® extends the release of hydrocodone and chlorpheniramine over 12 hours

Each teaspoon of this stuff contains time released 10mg hydro and 8mg of a time released chlorpheniramine. Not sure of the side effects you might get from the antihistamine, but this stuff may have potential. As an antihistamine, I'm guessing it may even potentiate the hydro. A single dose lasts for about 12 hours. I definately would try it out. Anybody else here had good luck with it or even heard of it?
With your tolerance STD I don't think a single 10mg doses over a twelve hour period would do you any good. This is a good cough suppressant but a a pian reliever I don't think it would be very useful to anyone with a good sized tolerance because of the high doses of chlorpheniramine you would be ingesting just to get a decent dose of hydro. Could be dangerous. I have had Tussionex for a cough and it tastes good and works great as a cough suppressant but as for pain relief, not a good option for people with a good sized tolerance. Just my opinion.

SalvationThroughDilaudid
01-26-2007, 02:37 PM
With your tolerance STD I don't think a single 10mg doses over a twelve hour period would do you any good. This is a good cough suppressant but a a pian reliever I don't think it would be very useful to anyone with a good sized tolerance because of the high doses of chlorpheniramine you would be ingesting just to get a decent dose of hydro. Could be dangerous. I have had Tussionex for a cough and it tastes good and works great as a cough suppressant but as for pain relief, not a good option for people with a good sized tolerance. Just my opinion.

I figured as much, but wasn't sure how much of the antihistamine I could handle before it became dangerous. I obviously would take more than 1 teaspoon at a time. I'd need to take 3 teaspoons in the morning and 3 teaspoons at night to equal my normal hydro doseage. That's 48mg of chlorpheniramine over 24 hours. Is it a dangerous doseage?

roxi*stardust
01-26-2007, 10:04 PM
I figured as much, but wasn't sure how much of the antihistamine I could handle before it became dangerous. I obviously would take more than 1 teaspoon at a time. I'd need to take 3 teaspoons in the morning and 3 teaspoons at night to equal my normal hydro doseage. That's 48mg of chlorpheniramine over 24 hours. Is it a dangerous doseage?

I would say yes that is too much, the normal adult dose is 2-4mg every 4-6 hours. It could increase the effects of your other meds and cause serious problems like labored breathing and extreme lethargy.

• Never take more of this medication than is prescribed for you. The maximum amount of chlorpheniramine that you should take in 1 day is 24 mg. The regular-release tablets and the syrup are usually taken every 4 to 6 hours as needed (four to six times a day). The sustained-release tablets and capsules are usually taken every 8 to 12 hours as needed (two or three times a day).
From drug facts @ drugs.com

Also:
Before taking this medication, tell your doctor if you are taking any of the following medicines: ·anxiety or sleep medicines such as alprazolam (Xanax), diazepam (Valium), chlordiazepoxide (Librium), temazepam (Restoril), or triazolam (Halcion);
I think I remember you saying you are RX'd Valium, right?

SalvationThroughDilaudid
01-26-2007, 10:19 PM
I would say yes that is too much, the normal adult dose is 2-4mg every 4-6 hours. It could increase the effects of your other meds and cause serious problems like labored breathing and extreme lethargy.

From drug facts @ drugs.com

Also:
I think I remember you saying you are RX'd Valium, right?

Yeah I take valium. Seeing that only 24mg a day is reccomended, I'd probably be fucked using tussionex. Thanks for the info !!!

AWOL
01-26-2007, 11:31 PM
ALL hydro is time release dude ... takes how many mins to do a CWE to take more? built in time release right there buddy :D eh sleepytoes?

mrrice11
01-28-2007, 12:00 PM
...."40 dollers for just one ounce, Tussionex is how its pronounced, niggaz sippin, and dippin, and trippin, man im bout alll out"....-three 6 mafia

SomniGod
01-28-2007, 12:10 PM
Dude~~~
Tussionex is the SHIT! 10mg's per teaspoon... 2 gulps and then po up a FO!!!!! (that is put 4oz's in some peach crush (the soda))...and sip on ya sizzurp!

LEanin so damned hard..... mmmmm.........

~S~

HistoryofMadness
01-28-2007, 12:31 PM
Dude~~~
Tussionex is the SHIT! 10mg's per teaspoon... 2 gulps and then po up a FO!!!!! (that is put 4oz's in some peach crush (the soda))...and sip on ya sizzurp!

LEanin so damned hard..... mmmmm.........

~S~

hell yeah, a 'friend' used to work at a drug store and was a night manager, and would occasionally dip into the company ink so to speak when asked to watch the back (i.e. pharm) while the pharacist had some odd errand.

t'was a mistake for me to find out the controlled subs at this place had been off (in count) for years!

mrrice11
01-28-2007, 12:48 PM
For real somnigod, i bet most people on here, although very educated with opiates and everything, dont kno what it means to "PO IT UP!".....sippin on some sizzuurrp, sip sippin on some sipp........

gnat
02-04-2007, 10:53 PM
My friend gets 40mg hydrocodone controlled release capsules prescribed and filled at a compound shop. He used to get 30s, then 40s, then 50s, and now back down to 40s. They don't have the punch of taking 4 norcos or lortabs obviously, since they're abit delayed but they work none the less.

lister40
02-28-2007, 08:26 PM
I've had some tussionex before. It hits you quick, and lasts long. This was a month after my tolerance of only 100mg (nasal) oxycodone was lowered. I quit for that month for opiates. I got my hands on this tussionex and it was like methadone. I wake up high. It was fun. I love the feeling of taking 2 hours to watch a 30 minute show.. nothing like the nods, other than the rush lol. (i think i took like 20mg of hydrocodone and it was crazy) I believe that 1mg of hydrcodone bitartrate is equal to 2mg of hydrocodone polystirex. (this is polystirex form, just like dxm polystirex that some people get) I don't really have a cross tolerance from Oxy to hydro, do you guys? also when I would pop 20mg oc's they didn't do anything to me.. or maybe i was an impatient addict. but yeah; Anyone have a crosstolerance from oxy to hydro? I don't think I do though.. I would do like 40mg oxy and then I would do 20mg hydrocodone and i was nodding on the hydrocodone but not the oxy ? wtf..

(by the way, i hate how when you quit and relapse, you get back to where you were. I quit for a month and a half from oxy and then when i came back i did a 40, then some awesome dude was selling 40's for $2 (he didn't like them because he threw up .. pussy) I got 3 for $6 and then sold 1 for $8 (cause i could go buy some more :P) and I did buy more.. I had like 6 and ended up snorting them all that night.. never did that before.. good times)

roxi*stardust
03-05-2007, 08:16 AM
<snip>
I believe that 1mg of hydrcodone bitartrate is equal to 2mg of hydrocodone polystirex. (this is polystirex form, just like dxm polystirex that some people get) <snip>

Sorry but that is not the case. Hydrocodone Polistirex: sulfonated styrene-divinylbenzene copolymer complex with 4,5a-epoxy-3-methoxy-17-methylmorphinan-6-one.
Basically it is the drug (could be DXM, Hydro, or the Chlorpheniramine) that is coated with a plastic polymer to keep it form digesting quickly, in other words the polistirex makes these drugs time released, including the DXM which is in Delsym cough syrup

jerets
03-13-2007, 07:11 PM
I am scripted 3 x 10mg Hydrocodone compound SR caps and have to get them from a Hospice delievery pharmacy. They suck -- you wouldn't even know they were hydrocodone. They are only half decent if mixed with something like a percocet or a Norco. They aren't horrible for pain relief. You can't just take more of these -- they make you real tired after a certain point and I end up in bed everytime I try. Stay away from these -- they blow. I would trade them for codeine if I wanted a buzz! haha

Jerets

lister40
03-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Sorry but that is not the case. Hydrocodone Polistirex: sulfonated styrene-divinylbenzene copolymer complex with 4,5a-epoxy-3-methoxy-17-methylmorphinan-6-one.
Basically it is the drug (could be DXM, Hydro, or the Chlorpheniramine) that is coated with a plastic polymer to keep it form digesting quickly, in other words the polistirex makes these drugs time released, including the DXM which is in Delsym cough syrup

I've read somewhere that 1mg hydro bitrate is = 2mg hydro polystirex.. I'll find it later.

roxi*stardust
03-15-2007, 06:19 AM
I've read somewhere that 1mg hydro bitrate is = 2mg hydro polystirex.. I'll find it later.
Yes, please find it. I would love to see this because whoever said it or wrote is is flat out wrong.

PRODUCT
TUSSIONEX Pennkinetic (hydrocodone polistirex), extended- release
suspension (Hydrocodone polistirex equivalent to 10 mg
hydrocodone bitartrate and Chlorpheniramine polistirex equivalent
to 8 mg chlorpheniramine maleate), in 473 mL bottle, Rx
medication for relief of cough and upper respiratory symptoms
associated with allergy or a cold.
NDC #53014-548-67.

freedomclub
03-15-2007, 07:06 AM
hydrocodone on a hands free phone...