PDA

View Full Version : Kratom-Bad experience? Type?

Euphoricgirl
01-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Hey all you kratom experts. I just received some kratom from flagercafe it is the Bali Super premium powder. I tried it using the tea method. I used about 1-1 1/2 tsp. for the first time and spent the next hour or two praying to the porcelain god. Has anyone else had a bad experince, ordered from Jan? Should I have tried a different type the first time out? AND YES, I have searched the forums! Also, she sent me this tea blend of Blue Lotus flower and red poppy herb? Anyone try this? What are the effects? Thanks in advance. :rolleyes:

doctor diesel
01-15-2007, 09:29 AM
Take a look at the Kratom section over at erowid.org. You'll find it carries quite a few personal experiences that relate much up-chucking. I would be very cautious with this stuff as it seems to have a fine threshold between making you feel good, and giving you nasty, long-lasting dysphoria.

Good luck!

Doc Diesel

I-Nod
01-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Try 1/2 teaspoon next time, wait an hour, then re-dose as needed. Some people are more sensitive than others. At MrKratom.com the old man who runs the site said he and his wife took the same dose the first time and he felt great... she was evacuating. I also don't have any experience w/ the other 2 herbs you mentioned, sorry. Like the good Doc said, search http://www.erowid.org/search.shtml great site for info about any mind altering substance.

tptptp
01-15-2007, 09:41 AM
Hey all you kratom experts. I just received some kratom from flagercafe it is the Bali Super premium powder. I tried it using the tea method. I used about 1-1 1/2 tsp. for the first time and spent the next hour or two praying to the porcelain god. Has anyone else had a bad experince, ordered from Jan? Should I have tried a different type the first time out? AND YES, I have searched the forums! Also, she sent me this tea blend of Blue Lotus flower and red poppy herb? Anyone try this? What are the effects? Thanks in advance. :rolleyes:

Mild stomache aches occasionally.....only got them really bad once and ended up puking several times later that night, but that was a large dose coming out of a WD, so it mcould have been WD, large amount etc.

Kratom dosage isnt easy if you want euphoric sedation sometimes it causes stimulation which can be epuhoric too (though not nearly as much) and sometimes it can be overwhelming stimulation.....first couple time I used kratom I flapped my mouth nonstop and felt dysphoric, really wasnt that great the first couple times. Dunno what to say except to experiment.

check out iamshaman or thekratomking they have reliable stuff, never ehard of the polace u got from so I dunno.

And try not to do that on an empty stomache at least not as a krat newby...thats some nasty fluid, and I wouldnt do it after a large meal either, find a middle ground.

Flagg
01-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Mild stomache aches occasionally.....only got them really bad once and ended up puking several times later that night, but that was a large dose coming out of a WD, so it mcould have been WD, large amount etc.

Kratom dosage isnt easy if you want euphoric sedation sometimes it causes stimulation which can be epuhoric too (though not nearly as much) and sometimes it can be overwhelming stimulation.....first couple time I used kratom I flapped my mouth nonstop and felt dysphoric, really wasnt that great the first couple times. Dunno what to say except to experiment.

check out iamshaman or thekratomking they have reliable stuff, never ehard of the polace u got from so I dunno.

And try not to do that on an empty stomache at least not as a krat newby...thats some nasty fluid, and I wouldnt do it after a large meal either, find a middle ground.

Good advice, rep ++.

When I used kratom for the first time last month, I just jumped right into it. I figured that I was a 240-pound lardass who'd survived TONS of grinds of poppy tea so I'd be fine. WRONG. Although I didn't get sick or nauseated, I got one Hell of a headache once the (great) sedating euphoria dropped off the radar. Of course I have some butalbital from a ROP so I popped some and killed the ache, but I slept for three straight hours afterwards and wouldn't particularly recommend this course of action unless you use a therpeudic dose of half a pill, or some Aspirin or something. The headache was AWFUL, like a hangover.

Further doses were better moderated. I always preach (but as above not always practice) bumping whatever you do; I guess even the legal herbs must be included. Kratom is nice once you find your right dose, but work up, not down, especially if you get a 10x extract or something like I did.

I've read on this board and elsewhere that actual leaves are better. Try those if you want; that will be the next kind of kratom I will order. Leave some time between your re-orderings as Kratom can create heavy tolerance and dependence.

HistoryofMadness
01-15-2007, 02:27 PM
start low as they said. also use ginger or something OTC for stomach issues.

my kratom recipe includes lemon, ginger, chamomille, and passion flower.

the blue lotus / red poppy should be mildly relaxing, probably a good filler for kratom recipe. cns depressant and like everything else could have stronger effects if you double up on the dose.

but start low since you're a newbie to this stuff unless you wanna few more days on the po-tay.

OhJoy
01-15-2007, 02:56 PM
Yes, you had too much. I get mine from Flagercafe too. It's good stuff so you may only need 1 tsp. You probably felt bad for hours. I know it's a fine line between bliss and yuk. So take it slow. When I did get sick it was from a time I made the tea. I find it to be effective just taking it with cold juice. Shake and Bake!

Euphoricgirl
01-15-2007, 03:18 PM
Thanks everyone! Will go slower next time. I mixed mine into a hot tea. Wasn't too bad tasting, but as I said did not agree with me last night. I will either try the toss and wash or mix it in with the lotus and poppy tea mix she sent me in a low dose. Great to hear OHJOY that you get yours from flagercafe to, makes me more confident to try it again. Will let you know how the next time goes......

tonyk
01-16-2007, 02:17 AM
Sorry you had such a nasty start with the kratom. Seems that alot of first-timers have the same problem no matter what their prior opiate experience is. Be assurred it will improve! And it is worth the perserverence. I just spoon up the dried kratom & put it in my mouth & follow with juice or water, couple glasses. I've never had any N/V since the beginning. Don't give up! If you think about it , a lot of opiates can cause nausea, esp. at first. And guess what! The fiber is actually good for you! So hang in there.