PDA

View Full Version : Oxymorphone/Opana XR extraction?

Mu-Lover
01-03-2007, 05:19 PM
I have a 3 20mg Oxymorphone XR's (Opana) and am wondering if you can just chew them like OC's? I chewed 40mg a few days ago and got a moderate response out of something that is supposed to be way stronger than morphine. Should i just chew all 3 or is there a more efficient way of doing it? Any input would be appreciated.

Inspektahdek
01-03-2007, 06:54 PM
The reason you prob didn't feel as much as you would have liked is because it's not that effective orally for getting a buzz as OCs. Try plugging or snorting it at the least. It might well have been partially from it having a stronger mechanism for turning the XR into IR and chewing it might only help partially for immediate release.

It might be stronger for pain than OC orally but as far as getting messed up on it orally it's not as effective.

Mu-Lover
01-04-2007, 01:25 PM
The reason you prob didn't feel as much as you would have liked is because it's not that effective orally for getting a buzz as OCs. Try plugging or snorting it at the least. It might well have been partially from it having a stronger mechanism for turning the XR into IR and chewing it might only help partially for immediate release.

It might be stronger for pain than OC orally but as far as getting messed up on it orally it's not as effective.

Is it safe to snort w/ the binders and time release agents all put in together?

insaneike
01-04-2007, 07:02 PM
Do the Ike extraction...:cool:

Crush up pill fine as you can(pill crushers what I use) and dump it into about 70mL of warm water(use this much to be sure all of the drug is absorbed ya know lol). Let that sit for around 2-4hrs, wanna be sure to get all of the drug absorbed ya know, cause the time release isn't FULLY defeated(though it almost will be as far as noticeable effects go), and keep it warm by setting on an electric stove eye on the 1 setting(well if ur stove goes from 1-9 put on 1, if not go less as u can and keep it where you can touch with hand without burning...).
Now pour your solution through a coffee filter, the gel shit that usually goes to the top of the water will be left on the filter, then the solution in the cup contains your oxycodone. Now simply drink the solution and wham, instant release oxy! but if you snort just pour the solution onto a glass plate and set on your electrics stove eye on the absolute LOWEST SETTING!(mine is 1-9 and i put about on 1-1/2 after I put it on 2 to get warm). It also speed up evaporation A LOT if you have a fan to blow on it. Then scrape n sniff, or scrape up crystalline powder(yes, it will be off-white crystalline powder unless you had some shit ass filter lol) and throw on your spoon for further filtration for a shot...

dunno if that covered it or not , i'll edit or update if need be.

moviebuff927
01-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Do the Ike extraction...:cool:

Crush up pill fine as you can(pill crushers what I use) and dump it into about 70mL of warm water(use this much to be sure all of the drug is absorbed ya know lol). Let that sit for around 2-4hrs, wanna be sure to get all of the drug absorbed ya know, cause the time release isn't FULLY defeated(though it almost will be as far as noticeable effects go), and keep it warm by setting on an electric stove eye on the 1 setting(well if ur stove goes from 1-9 put on 1, if not go less as u can and keep it where you can touch with hand without burning...).
Now pour your solution through a coffee filter, the gel shit that usually goes to the top of the water will be left on the filter, then the solution in the cup contains your oxycodone. Now simply drink the solution and wham, instant release oxy! but if you snort just pour the solution onto a glass plate and set on your electrics stove eye on the absolute LOWEST SETTING!(mine is 1-9 and i put about on 1-1/2 after I put it on 2 to get warm). It also speed up evaporation A LOT if you have a fan to blow on it. Then scrape n sniff, or scrape up crystalline powder(yes, it will be off-white crystalline powder unless you had some shit ass filter lol) and throw on your spoon for further filtration for a shot...

dunno if that covered it or not , i'll edit or update if need be.

Your Ike extraction won't work on the Opanas. They have a more efficient time-released mechanism called TimerX. The extraction you're talking about won't get past it because it contains silicates. Still trying to figure out a way past it, but no one so far has defeated it.

Keep trying...

insaneike
01-04-2007, 08:31 PM
So even if you do it like how I suggested for Avenzas it wont work with water? PLEASE post how the extended release works for OpanaER man...

So letting the tabs soak in water/ethanol(mixed depending) for up to 10-12hours wont work here!?!? Like how I suggested for the Avenzas...

Wow, well nm, I don't have any exp with these and was just going on how the drug is, as I don't know SHIT about the make up of these pana PIlls. How exactly does their time release work and why would it not slowly release it in warm water/ethanol...?

SpecialGuy69
01-04-2007, 09:40 PM
you would think that if you simulated a stomach-type environment- heat, acidity, chemicals, etc. then the pill would "think" it's been swallowed and release the oxymorphone. How else could it work?

Mu-Lover
01-05-2007, 12:28 AM
you would think that if you simulated a stomach-type environment- heat, acidity, chemicals, etc. then the pill would "think" it's been swallowed and release the oxymorphone. How else could it work?

Most likely this would be the best bet...the combination of factors used to create this, who knows...i ended up crushing and eating all 60mg. It worked fairly well compared to how much i would get outta maybe 40mg of OC's, but oh well...im out of them and working on a new script for Roxi 30s...Hope it goes thru soon, my back is in a decrepped state along w/ my w/d's, you guys know the drill. I gotta find a good pain mngmnt doc. I have a legitimate case and should easily get something, as long as he's not a total dick (5 damaged discs in my lower back, 3 degenerative, 1 herniated, 1 protruding). I can't even brush my teeth in the morning before taking my pain meds, its so bad, i cant even reach the sink. Less than 15% mobility. I just moved and am unfimiliar w/ the area still and am working on a good doc to find that won't bust my balls or make me go thru that all too familiar mission of "Let's try these 7.5 Vicodin ES, that should help you, they are STRONG! (as i'm laughing my ass off in my head). OH YES DOCTOR, THANK YOU SO MUCH (FOR NOTHING!!!!). I think in the 5.5yrs of being on pain meds, I've gone thru that cycle way too much, MY LIVER CAN'T TAKE ANYMORE TYLENOL DAMMIT! Eventually getting to percs or oc's....i'd really like Roxi's tho for the IR of it. Anyway...is Oxycont.'s time release mechanism more primative than Opana? I'm assuming this is the case considering chewing them works well. Anyone who knows of any good p/m centers in South Florida, plz let me know. THANKS

Mu-Lover
01-05-2007, 12:31 AM
So even if you do it like how I suggested for Avenzas it wont work with water? PLEASE post how the extended release works for OpanaER man...

So letting the tabs soak in water/ethanol(mixed depending) for up to 10-12hours wont work here!?!? Like how I suggested for the Avenzas...

Wow, well nm, I don't have any exp with these and was just going on how the drug is, as I don't know SHIT about the make up of these pana PIlls. How exactly does their time release work and why would it not slowly release it in warm water/ethanol...?

Thanks for the effort Ike...i appreciate it. Will that work well w/ OC's (your extraction method). I've never been a chemist, but am willing to give it a shot, anything to make my pain meds more efficient and let me be able to ration them a bit more. Thanks:D

insaneike
01-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Yeah, that extraction works for OCs perfectly, it's what I wrote it for, that and msContins and Avenzas... and I will look into the action of Opana ER tomorrow, as rightthis minute I'm waiting on the aldy friend tog et out the bathroom and i'm an opiophile addict :cool: but I'd bet if you tinker around changing the PH and have some warm ass water the extraction 'should' work, unless theres something I'm missing about OpanaER lol.

SpecialGuy69
01-05-2007, 09:25 PM
I remember someone posting a link to the TimeRX time-release system website a while ago. Look it up on google or something, but I remember there was something weird about that time release system. It's the latest thing on the market as far as time release goes.

robojunkie
01-05-2007, 09:25 PM
The whole "TIMERx" thing is a combination of polymeric gums that absorb water and slowly leach out the active drug. As the drug is bound within this stuff it is highly unlikely that straighforward CWE's would work. Patience would have to be the key, theoretically if it sits in water for 24 hours or so all the active should leach out and there would probably be a swollen clump of gunk left sitting. Kinda like a super gummy bear sitting in water...

Ever try "crushing" gums?

Junkyardpicker
01-05-2007, 09:39 PM
if any of you chemist types out there can understand it, the timerX mechanism is described at www.penwest.com/timerX_description.html (http://www.penwest.com/timerX_description.html).
I for one would be very interested in how to get around it. _r

applesauce
01-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Hi,

I know this is a little bit OT, but since this thread is mostly people who are interested in or possibly even have access to Opana, it seems like an appropriate place.

Does anybody know roughly what the street price is for Opana 40 ER? What everyone is saying is this newish time-release mechanism is a bitch, so obviously that will lower the value of the pill for those of us who prefer to use alternate RoAs.

I'm just wondering about the current cost/value on the street. I did some searching and found one price of $10/20mg. That struck me as really cheap for something that has the profile that Opana currently has.

Are these Opana 40 ER worth even paying for or would the money be better spent on more standard opiates? Would someone without much tolerance feel 40mg orally?

I realize what is worthwhile and whether it is worth trying is subjective, I'm just trying to get a general feel in the air. I haven't even got a price on them, just a whisper from a friend that they are currently available.

Sorry again for diverting the topic, please just ignore me if I'm getting in the way.

roxi*stardust
01-06-2007, 10:50 AM
I am not going to pretend to know anything about this new time release system in the Opana XR but I seem to remember a warning about drinking alcohol with these. Could alcohol be the key to defeating it? Just a thought.

Mouzin
01-06-2007, 09:57 PM
Swim was prescribed Opana ER 10mg twice a day and Fentora for breakthrough pain. The Opana is ok although the time release makes it nearly impossible to get a real strong high. Swim did not like the Fentora at first but have come to like it. Swim had 128 of the fentora and used them all. Swim also used all the Opana. For some reason Swim does not like either as much as perc's. The doc swim goes to is cool and will give him anything. Swim will go see him again on monday. Any ideas on what to ask for? What is the strongest high comparable to oxycodone? He will give one med for extended release and another for breakthrough. Swim enjoys the up and social feeling that I get from the percs better.

roxi*stardust
01-07-2007, 06:38 AM
Swim was prescribed Opana ER 10mg twice a day and Fentora for breakthrough pain. The Opana is ok although the time release makes it nearly impossible to get a real strong high. Swim did not like the Fentora at first but have come to like it. Swim had 128 of the fentora and used them all. Swim also used all the Opana. For some reason Swim does not like either as much as perc's. The doc swim goes to is cool and will give him anything. Swim will go see him again on monday. Any ideas on what to ask for? What is the strongest high comparable to oxycodone? He will give one med for extended release and another for breakthrough. Swim enjoys the up and social feeling that I get from the percs better.
If you like the percs then ask for oxycontin for the time release and roxicodone for b/t meds

nick
01-07-2007, 06:53 AM
I am not going to pretend to know anything about this new time release system in the Opana XR but I seem to remember a warning about drinking alcohol with these. Could alcohol be the key to defeating it? Just a thought.
I think this advice is normal for all opiates.As in do not drink alcohol or operate machinery.

AWOL
01-07-2007, 06:58 AM
Alcohol and opiates are the key to defeating all of lifes problems.

applesauce
01-07-2007, 07:11 AM
And defeat is the key to opiating all of alcohol's life.

I remember as a little kid listening to that Johnny Cash 45 RPM and thinking it was SO cool because he said "Son of a Bitch" in it...

At least it didn't effect me one fucking bit in real life, goddamnit.

roxi*stardust
01-07-2007, 07:37 AM
Seriously though, remember how Palladone was pulled because when mixed with alcohol it caused the time relase mechanosm to break down? Well I remember seeing warnings about Opana XR and alcohol too. Here is a snippet from some Opana XR pharmacology:

Although in vitro studies have demonstrated that OPANA ER does not release oxymorphone more rapidly in 500 mL of 0.1N HCl solutions containing ethanol (4%, 20%, and 40%), there is an in vivo interaction with alcohol. An in vivo study examined the effect of alcohol (40%, 20%, 4% and 0%) on the bioavailability of a single dose of 40 mg of OPANA ER in healthy, fasted volunteers. The results showed that the oxymorphone mean AUC was 13% higher (not statistically significant) after co-administration of 240 mL of 40% alcohol. The AUC was essentially unaffected in subjects following the co-administration of OPANA ER and ethanol (240 mL of 20% or 4% ethanol).
There was a highly variable effect on Cmax with concomitant administration of alcohol and OPANA ER. The change in Cmax ranged from a decrease of 50% to an increase of 270% across all conditions studied. Following concomitant administration of 240 mL of 40% ethanol the Cmax increased on average by 70% and up to 270% in individual subjects. Following the concomitant administration of 240 mL of 20% ethanol, the Cmax increased on average by 31% and up to 260% in individual subjects. Following the concomitant administration of 240 mL of 4 % ethanol, the Cmax increased 7% on average and by as much as 110% for individual subjects. After oral dosing with a single dose of 40 mg in fasted subjects, the mean peak oxymorphone plasma level is 2.4 ng/mL and the median Tmax is 2 hours. Following co-administration of OPANA ER and alcohol (240 mL of 40% ethanol) in fasted subjects, the mean peak oxymorphone level is 3.9 ng/mL and the median Tmax is 1.5 hours (range 0.75 – 6 hours).
Co-administration of oxymorphone and ethanol must be avoided.
Oxymorphone may be expected to have additive effects when used in conjunction with alcohol, other opioids, or illicit drugs that cause central nervous system depression because respiratory depression, hypotension, and profound sedation, coma, or death may result.

nick
01-07-2007, 08:15 AM
Hell,if I had some opana the first thing I'd do is buy some booze.

AWOL
01-07-2007, 08:27 AM
Hell,if I had some opana the first thing I'd do is buy some booze.

Don't forget the hooker.

nick
01-07-2007, 08:30 AM
Don't forget the hooker.
Only if I've got any money left after scoring the opana and booze.Priorities and all that bro.

applesauce
01-07-2007, 09:27 AM
Any thoughts on the street price of a 10mg Opana IR?

A friend has one, and although I'm not interested in buying it, I'm just wondering what people would pay for something like that, Opana being the new big shit on the market and all.

A FoaF has said that they are amazing when injected. Even better than sniffing glue. (I added that last sentence myself, I mean I am just ASSuming they are better. Sorry for the bad sense of humor this morning, I just did my 4mg wakeup call, something I can only do on the weekends. I didn't even feel the need to puke this time, I must be getting better at this!

nick
01-07-2007, 10:23 AM
Practice makes perfect normally,with junk it screws you up.

applesauce
01-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Practice makes perfect normally,with junk it screws you up.

Not me though, I will be able to keep it under control. It'll never happen to me. (sic)

Mu-Lover
01-09-2007, 06:31 PM
Seriously though, remember how Palladone was pulled because when mixed with alcohol it caused the time relase mechanosm to break down? Well I remember seeing warnings about Opana XR and alcohol too. Here is a snippet from some Opana XR pharmacology:

240ml of 40% Alcohol...yea i would assume approx 9 shots of Vodka will potentiate anything your doing, let alone a 13% spike in bioavailibility. Funny...they do these clinical studies, get people wasted on Vodka and dose them w/ Opies, sounds good to me, where do i sign up? I wonder if crushing/chewing them might make this potentiation (is that a word?) even greater because of more surface area and somewhat of a breakdown. Who knows, one can only be a guinea pig and try for themselves

AWOL
01-09-2007, 06:33 PM
^^^ I like this guy.

youwonhundred
01-09-2007, 06:35 PM
240ml of 40% Alcohol...yea i would assume approx 9 shots of Vodka will potentiate anything your doing, let alone a 13% spike in bioavailibility. Funny...they do these clinical studies, get people wasted on Vodka and dose them w/ Opies, sounds good to me, where do i sign up? I wonder if crushing/chewing them might make this potentiation (is that a word?) even greater because of more surface area and somewhat of a breakdown. Who knows, one can only be a guinea pig and try for themselves

Don't you get paid for doin studies like that? Fuckin A! I wanna sign up.

Opiyum
01-09-2007, 07:26 PM
I fucking hate alcohol. I can't drink the shit anymore. Opiates did that to me I'm convinced.
I do enjoy wine. I do.

Mu-Lover
01-09-2007, 08:02 PM
^^^ I like this guy.

Werd

Mu-Lover
01-09-2007, 08:04 PM
I fucking hate alcohol. I can't drink the shit anymore. Opiates did that to me I'm convinced.
I do enjoy wine. I do.

I've noticed the same thing...I used to pound down 15 shots like it was going outta style, now I get sick as soon as it hits my stomach. Also convinced Opies did it to me too

>>edit: actually i think its the done that did it. I recently took 40mg percs & had about 5-6 drinks at a bar and was flying high, so go figure

gnat
01-11-2007, 05:00 PM

Best I got with avinza was to just crush the beeds and put them back in the capsule oooorrr take it up the nose with everything. But then again I wasn't into wasting them trying other ways.