PDA

View Full Version : travel on methadone?

renton
12-30-2006, 06:03 AM
I was wondering for people who have been on methadone for awhile and doing well whats the situation if you want to go travel somewhere for a bit or wont be in town for say a week? Are you basicly stuck being close to your clinic/pharmacy for life?

freedomclub
12-30-2006, 06:13 AM
If they've been on methadone for awhile and are compliant then they get their meds once a month. I've been in since Feb. and go 3 x week about to be 2 x a week.

robojunkie
12-30-2006, 08:22 AM
Just ask the nurses/counselor to set up "courtesy dosing" at a clinic near where you want to go. Generally takes a couple of weeks to set up and if you have take homes (that don't cover the trip) you may or may not get 'em at the "courtesy" clinic. And most will charge a daily rate for taking you. We had up to 13 take outs at a time at mine though so it usually didn't matter at that point, but I did the courtesy dose thing several times when I had no take outs to go to a couple of weddings, a funeral, trips to NYC and the so-called Woodstock 99. You don't have to be clean or anything for courtesy doses, but you'll have to go to the out of town clinic everyday, too, unless its one that just gives everyone take outs on Sundays. Generally a lot easier than copping enough H to make a several day/week trip and not get "greedy"!

prettypoppy
12-30-2006, 08:46 AM
If you have extended TH's it should be no problem--just go. If you are fairly new to the clinic, you can either put in for vacation carries or, if you are too new to qualify even for that, you can guest dose at other clinics near your destination. It just takes a bit of planning. Once you have been on the clinic for a bit, you will have TH's and be able to leave at will. It's always a good idea to tell your clinic you are going, though, so they won't call you for a med callback while you are gone.

freedomclub
12-30-2006, 09:17 AM
If you have extended TH's it should be no problem--just go. If you are fairly new to the clinic, you can either put in for vacation carries or, if you are too new to qualify even for that, you can guest dose at other clinics near your destination. It just takes a bit of planning. Once you have been on the clinic for a bit, you will have TH's and be able to leave at will. It's always a good idea to tell your clinic you are going, though, so they won't call you for a med callback while you are gone.

Hey PP,

I haven't seen this happen yet(a callback that is), what do you know about policy (and/or what really happens) at
our clinic(s)?

prettypoppy
01-01-2007, 07:38 AM
They almost never do callbacks unless either 1) they suspect you of diverting for some reason, or 2) you are going up to weekly or greater TH's. And if you are going up, you can expect the callback to be in the week before you get your new level, FC.

lolleedee
01-01-2007, 08:08 AM
I was wondering for people who have been on methadone for awhile and doing well whats the situation if you want to go travel somewhere for a bit or wont be in town for say a week? Are you basicly stuck being close to your clinic/pharmacy for life?

If you are fairly new to the clinic ask for guest dosing at a clinic where you are visiting..just let YOUR clinic know asap because it does take some time for them to call the other clinic and fax necessary paper work etc. If you have been there awhile and you have been clean, then they will probably give you vacation bottles(or whatever form of methadone you take).

I went on vacation after being on the clinic for 7 months with NO dirty urines and they gave me 14 days of vacation meds! From what I hear though, I was lucky to get that..they are usually much more strict than that!

freedomclub
01-01-2007, 08:33 AM
They almost never do callbacks unless either 1) they suspect you of diverting for some reason, or 2) you are going up to weekly or greater TH's. And if you are going up, you can expect the callback to be in the week before you get your new level, FC.

thanks! I pm'ed you.

sweetdreams
01-02-2007, 12:34 PM
i have 4 take homes currently and when i went on vacation they just wanted to know exactly where i was going. the hotel name all that kind of stuff. and they gave me 2 weeks worth of take homes no problem.

I'll tell you what though a good friend of mine she was going to a little town down south and she came into a problem. She wasnt giving the clinic clean urines ( thats her stupid fault) and there wasnt a clinic for her to guest dose at. Well there was but it was 2 hours away!!! She was screwed! That literally ruined her vacation. She begged for takehomes and they didnt give them to her. She ended up having to take that drive every day on her vacation. IT was a family reuion. So try telling your family oh I'll be back in what 4 hours?? SO i always think of her when it comes to take homes problems! Wow i was glad that wasnt me. She really fucked up by smokin weed. I bet she regretted it later on when she couldnt get those take homes though! She thought she was gonna get them to give the TH to her. SHe thought the clinic was gonna feel bad for her. Well i bet she felt pretty stupid!
i know that the clinic i goto likes us to give them about a two weeks notice if we need them for a vacation. and usually its not a problem, especially if your giving them clean UA's. Now if your not then thats when you most likely have to guest dose. I dont know about at your clinic but when you guest dose at ours you have to pay for your dose. You cant use your insurance. Which i really dont understand?

Saint
05-12-2007, 09:28 AM
I''m new here and hope I've posted this in the right thread. I love travelling and have been to numerous countries bringing my methadon with me, even taking them along for as long as a 6-month period.
However, some countries just don't allow you to bring your medication (because that's what it IS) by law.
I personally never had any problems crossing a border in South America for instance but I would really like to hear other peoples experiences with this.

What about Thailand and Indonesia for example? I would like to visit these countries some day.
Why shouldn't I be allowed to go there?! Because I'm on medication like thousands of others on this planet??

It might be not allowed to bring methadone in but would they even know what it is if they check my bag and it's in there along with tons of other meds that I need to travel in a tropical country?

Would they actually throw you in jail if they find it when you have a letter from your prescribing physician stating that you really DO need this medication? Has anyone tried this?

It's not like I actually want to smuggle drugs is it?.. It's just some stupid medication for a few weeks on holiday.
So I seriously doubt that the possible consequences would be that severe. (Unless maybe you bring in thousands of pills without any official statement to back you up but than you're probably plain stupid).
I am very interested in any info about the methadon & traveling-issue! So I hope people will share their traveling experiences.

By the way, I know there is a site about traveling and methadone ( http://www.indro-online.de/travel.htm (http://www.indro-online.de/travel.htm) ) but not all their information is up to date. I contacted the embassy of Indonesia for example and methadon is officially not allowed there. However this site still mentions it is.

nick
05-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Travel with 'done from the UK,you need a letter from your rxing doc and one from the home office.

Never heard of anyone getting thrown in jail for their own 'done,but I have come across folks who got deported.

Diamorphine's another gig.Hell,anyone would think you were carrying radioactive material.I always stashed mine and prayed.....pretty dumb,but it worked.

Saint
05-12-2007, 03:46 PM
Nick, where did you travel to? And what country did these guys get deported from? I am specifically interested in Indonesia/Thailand/the Philipines. But it seems diificult to get any information from other (ex?) users who brought their methadon into these countries.

I stumbled upon policecontrols in the amazon-region in S America a few times but all they did was check my bags for weapons or for the 'real thing'.
Once they even had a quick look at my 'methadon-stash' but they didn't even seem to care. It obviously just wasn't the thing they were looking for.
I traveled in South America twice for a long time and had an official ambassy statement for most of the countries visitted (but this cost you a few hundred bucks!). I arranged these months in advance to be on the safe side but later on I didn't even bother with the red tape anymore and only brought a letter from my doctor. Still didn't have any problems though. But Asia might be another cup of tea..
So, I am still wondering whether methadon would cause real problems in the countries above?

nick
05-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Nick, where did you travel to? And what country did these guys get deported from? I am specifically interested in Indonesia/Thailand/the Philipines. But it seems diificult to get any information from other (ex?) users who brought their methadon into these countries.

I stumbled upon policecontrols in the amazon-region in S America a few times but all they did was check my bags for weapons or for the 'real thing'.
Once they even had a quick look at my 'methadon-stash' but they didn't even seem to care. It obviously just wasn't the thing they were looking for.
I traveled in South America twice for a long time and had an official ambassy statement for most of the countries visitted (but this cost you a few hundred bucks!). I arranged these months in advance to be on the safe side but later on I didn't even bother with the red tape anymore and only brought a letter from my doctor. Still didn't have any problems though. But Asia might be another cup of tea..
So, I am still wondering whether methadon would cause real problems in the countries above?

I was rxed Diamorphine and I travelled through;France,Morocco,Germany and the Netherlands.I got clean to travel to the U.S.I didn't dare smuggle diamorphine in to the U.S.

Weirdly I know of guys who've been "deported" mostly from European countries;Spain and Portugal.
Plus Mexico and the U.S.
Be VERY careful in Indonesia/Thailand and the Philipines...........those guys don't mess around and BE VERY CAREFUL with Singapore.
Much luck and if you need more info pm or e mail me.

Saint
05-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Nick, maybe I am just a dumb ass but I can't seem to find any way to pm you (and I am more or less sober.. )
I am currently in Spain for 6 months but living in the Netherlands and I had no problems whatsoever bringing my methadon with me here (but then again methadon is ALL I ever take abroad since I don't use anything else now).
I even traveled to Marocco from here for a month without an official doctors'statement but still no problems. Same goes for Portugal, Italy, Greece and France. Could they probably be looking at WHICH country one is traveling FROM? I would like to know more details about this.

By the way, for those interested in travelling: in Sri Lanka there's no problem bringing your methadon as long as you can show a letter from your prescribing physician. No red tape was necesary there. However, it might not be the safest country to travel though..

nick
05-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Nick, maybe I am just a dumb ass but I can't seem to find any way to pm you (and I am more or less sober.. )
I am currently in Spain for 6 months but living in the Netherlands and I had no problems whatsoever bringing my methadon with me here (but then again methadon is ALL I ever take abroad since I don't use anything else now).
I even traveled to Marocco from here for a month without an official doctors'statement but still no problems. Same goes for Portugal, Italy, Greece and France. Could they probably be looking at WHICH country one is traveling FROM? I would like to know more details about this.

By the way, for those interested in travelling: in Sri Lanka there's no problem bringing your methadon as long as you can show a letter from your prescribing physician. No red tape was necesary there. However, it might not be the safest country to travel though..

You can e mail me man.Go to members list and look under my profile and away you go.

I think,if your lucky and polite not much bad will happen.Especially if you're just travelling with 'done.

Unless you're going somewhere "heavy".In which case.....good luck.By heavy I mean the U.S.,Australia and the far east.I'm not sure about Scandenavia(although I think Denmark would be cool).

E mail me with specifics and I'll check it out.

Saint
05-12-2007, 06:41 PM
Australia? That really surprises me. Didn't know they were so tough over there. But then again there are a lot of surprises with methadon abroad.
When I went to South America I called the embassy of Colombia and explained my problem. They were very friendly. The lady on the phone even gave me her phone-number so I could contact her at the embassy in case of any problems! They really went out of their way to help me.
I also had good experiences with Peru, Bolivia and Ecuador. As long as you stick to the rules and cooperate etc. that is. Venezuela was a different matter though... not advisable.
I travelled to countless places with my methadon but I should add that I strictly use it as painmedication (nowadays) and most of my travels are nature-orientated. So my backpack is loaded with nature-guides, binoculars etc.etc. Maybe I don't look suspicious enough (shouldn't say that too loud however..)
I am determined to go to Indonesia anyway. So I hope it works out..

By the way, as a low-life newbie I think I don't have the right to pm anyone yet. All I get is ''nick has no contactinformation''. Guess I should read the rules more thoroughly first..

Brony
05-12-2007, 07:48 PM
By the way, as a low-life newbie I think I don't have the right to pm anyone yet. All I get is ''nick has no contactinformation''. Guess I should read the rules more thoroughly first..

No need to call yourself a lowlife, just prove yourself as a good Opiophile and things will be good.

And yes, you should READ the RULES COMPLETELY.

Click here (http://forum.opiophile.org/%5Burl=http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?p=146%5DClick%20here%5B/URL%5D) to read them.

Saint
06-09-2007, 07:32 AM
Swim would still be very interested to hear ANY experiences from others that have recently traveled to Indonesia with their methadone (Swim is also interested in Thailand and Africa: Zambia, Tanzania, Namibia).
Swim can't seem to get a decent answer about Indonesia. The Indonesian Consulate in the Netherlands is telling Swim it's forbidden to bring methadone in the country - even if used as a painmedication - and they won't help with a certificate but a friend of Swim DID get a certificate from the Indonesian Consulate in Australia! So what's the deal here?
Is it or isn't it o.k. to bring it in (with a doctors certificate).
Swim found out that they finally set up some pilot methadone treatments in Indonesia a few months ago - so far only meant for prisoners - so Swim hopes things are changing now. Swim still wants to go there. Any info is welcome, thanks.

sidman
06-09-2007, 08:01 AM
People around here can get enough Methadone to take with them.
As long as there's a Legal Script for them and they are in a bottle with the proper Label and Your Name/Info is on it,you shouldnt have trouble traveling with it.
At least thats what people do around here( New England, U.S.A.)

ILLWILLMD
06-09-2007, 09:46 AM
At my stupid ass clinic, you have to come in at least once a week. And that’s only after two years. Up until then you may only have up to 3 days of take homes. And there is no such thing as a vacation take home. You have to go to a clinic where you are going for vacation. Also if you miss 3 days in a row and you don't have discharge papers from a hospital, they tell you not to let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, and not to come back. No detox nothing. This is by far the worst and most strict clinic I have ever seen in some ways. But then again they don't under prescribe the done. I got up to 180 in three months. And until the first of July they are not testing for pot. So now I wont be able to take a toke here or there. WTF. I am sick and tired of the games they play at this clinic. But ill save that for another post. Bye

tui
06-09-2007, 02:27 PM
it's harder now, since that liquid bomb scare... now they search and ban all liquids in carry-on.

I've found most countries have a website with rules & regulations regarding what you're allowed to bring with you.

luck,
t

WebDevil
06-09-2007, 08:12 PM
listen
i travelled to thailand three times from uk, and took plenty methadone in my main luggage without scripts or letters.
first either buy it or save uo however much u need, and then if u notice that there is a cough medicine u can purchase over the counter called night nurse. its green
i just bought 3 bottles of that and replaced the contents with methadone. simple as that. the seal it a red plastic thingy that just drops down when you open the bottles for the first time, and u can just push it back under the lid and superglue it back and nobody will be the wiser.
done this 3 times. no problems.
luggage got emptied both ends, undiscovered.

i love it. if theres no night nurse find another over the counter remedy which is green. failing that use as dark bottle and you wont notice.
peace.

Saint
06-11-2007, 07:49 AM
The problem is that Swim wants to go on a very long trip - about 11 months - passing through several countries, this means she has to bring about 2000 pills with her even though Swim is on a low dose of 30 mgs a day!! (so no problems with liquids for Swim!). Swim puts the pills in a plastic box because keeping them in the original containers will take up way too much space in a backpack and might look equally suspicious anyway.. AND Swim gets a doctors certificate to state that she takes medication for medical/painrelated reasons only.
But there are 2 problems: some countries don't allow Swims medication in (Indonesia for example) and Swim is afraid that they might mistake her medication for ''real'' drugs like XTC or something.
Still didn't hear of much people traveling in Indonesia with methadone. What would happen over there if you come in with 2000 pills and a doctorscertificate Swim wonders?

Consumed.
07-03-2007, 08:18 PM
I wouldnt even chance it in countries like Indo.... that place is rediculous with their drug laws. I think they execute people who are carry over 20 grams of a class I like H or coke. You never know in places like that who will try to blackmail you. Alot of LE is corrupt. Id have to have something written in stone to make me feel secure in coutries like Indo, and thailand. oh dont let me forget vietnam either

Saint
07-08-2007, 02:05 PM
At the moment Swim is trying to get a clear and straightforward answer from the Indonesian consulate in Jakarta about bringing in methadone or subutex (for personal use only). As Swim understands it, it is allowed to take subutex or subuxone - but only when carrying a statement from your physician - but bringing in methadone still isn't! And Swim has to take methadone for pain and does not want to switch to subuxone.
Right now Swim is still waiting for the official reply. Swim will keep you posted about the outcome. Swim just wanna fight for the right... to traaaaaavel...
(Any feedback is still welcome btw)

Duckfeet
07-08-2007, 02:14 PM
It's damn sure a tough one...and a good topic. I'm on 80mg still on daily p/u. And I like to travel, and it doesn't seem like the rules are the same, even in country. And a couple years ago I bopped down to Nicaragua to do some bodysurfing, and now I wouldn't even think of it, if they did give me takehomes. Just because I know how weird customs can be, if they don't understand something, they are totally capable of throwing it away.

My *guess* is lots of paperwork. That also spooks low-level customs types. Dept. of Health, or V.A. or somebody to write an official sounding document.

And then, just gotta feel lucky. I hope more people post on this. A lot of people in power say this is a "medicine" but u know they don't really treat us that way. Reality is much different. I'd always try to have a backup emergency plan, find out what the strongest opiate available in that country is, maybe write a doc or a pharmacy, see if u can get a script there.

Like the courageous among you, who don't allow this stuff to curtail your dreams and activities...

At the moment Swim is trying to get a clear and straightforward answer from the Indonesian consulate in Jakarta about bringing in methadone or subutex (for personal use only). As Swim understands it, it is allowed to take subutex or subuxone - but only when carrying a statement from your physician - but bringing in methadone still isn't! And Swim has to take methadone for pain and does not want to switch to subuxone.
Right now Swim is still waiting for the official reply. Swim will keep you posted about the outcome. Swim just wanna fight for the right... to traaaaaavel...
(Any feedback is still welcome btw)

Raz
07-08-2007, 02:29 PM
listen
i travelled to thailand three times from uk, and took plenty methadone in my main luggage without scripts or letters.
first either buy it or save uo however much u need, and then if u notice that there is a cough medicine u can purchase over the counter called night nurse. its green
i just bought 3 bottles of that and replaced the contents with methadone. simple as that. the seal it a red plastic thingy that just drops down when you open the bottles for the first time, and u can just push it back under the lid and superglue it back and nobody will be the wiser.
done this 3 times. no problems.
luggage got emptied both ends, undiscovered.

i love it. if theres no night nurse find another over the counter remedy which is green. failing that use as dark bottle and you wont notice.
peace.
This man knows exactly what he is talkin about and i would second that! If you try and go through the official channels , belive me you wont be goin nowhere, or wherever you go it will be without your juice. Do what this bro says and you will be fine! If not you will be cluckin a long way from home!!!

Saint
07-08-2007, 03:52 PM
Well, the problem is that Swim is taking the pills, not the syrup. Can't get the green syrup here anyway. And Swim won't rest untill she can travel to Indonesia (and Thailand too). That's why she has written to the Dept. of Health, the consulate and even to the director of a methadonclinic overthere.
Swim discovered that the Indonesian consulate in Australia DID allow someone to travel with his methadone so why should it be any different for Swim (i.e. why should the Indonesian consulate in her homecountry go by different rules than the one in Australia)?

Swim doesn't mind the paperwork but she DOES mind not being able to travel to whatever country she likes..
Swim has been in Nicaragua too - about 3 years ago - and the Nicaraguan consulate didn't give her any trouble. She needed to bring along enough methadone for 3 months - that's about a 1000 pills - and they were actually very friendly & helpful at the consulate. Costa Rica & Panama weren't that nice though so Swim just had to take her chances going there...

Swim knows it can be tough in a foreign country: she spent a year tapering in Spain and couldn't even get subutex overthere. She had a doctorsstatement but they didn't want to give her subs when her methadone was finished (and she wanted to switch to sub): "stay in bed with some ibuprofen for a few days and you'll be as good as new'' is what the doc said.
Yeah right..
That made her go through some desperate days (so Raz: the perduretas-post was very helpful! ;-).

Raz
07-09-2007, 08:44 AM
Well, the problem is that Swim is taking the pills, not the syrup. Can't get the green syrup here anyway. And Swim won't rest untill she can travel to Indonesia (and Thailand too). That's why she has written to the Dept. of Health, the consulate and even to the director of a methadonclinic overthere.
Swim discovered that the Indonesian consulate in Australia DID allow someone to travel with his methadone so why should it be any different for Swim (i.e. why should the Indonesian consulate in her homecountry go by different rules than the one in Australia)?

Swim doesn't mind the paperwork but she DOES mind not being able to travel to whatever country she likes..
Swim has been in Nicaragua too - about 3 years ago - and the Nicaraguan consulate didn't give her any trouble. She needed to bring along enough methadone for 3 months - that's about a 1000 pills - and they were actually very friendly & helpful at the consulate. Costa Rica & Panama weren't that nice though so Swim just had to take her chances going there...

Swim knows it can be tough in a foreign country: she spent a year tapering in Spain and couldn't even get subutex overthere. She had a doctorsstatement but they didn't want to give her subs when her methadone was finished (and she wanted to switch to sub): "stay in bed with some ibuprofen for a few days and you'll be as good as new'' is what the doc said.
Yeah right..
That made her go through some desperate days (so Raz: the perduretas-post was very helpful! ;-).
Hola, i've travelled with methadone pills on many occasion.But before all this Al Queda shit.Normally vitamin containers,or aspirin work very well. But under the current climate of terror, if you can re-seal some tablet container youll be cool. Or trust in the baggage system and put the pills in your luggage that goes in the hold. But if they lose your bag......What about some other pill container that has swims name on it but for different medication?Or you could get some large vitamin supplement container along with healthy livin magazines etc,and just give the illusion that your a health freak and they are supplements. In the bag that goes in the hold will work as methadone tabs give no odour, but just pray they dont lose the bag.....Any ???? just pm me and i will do my best to help. I've been to turkey and other dodgy places with my tabs and juice and always been ok.It shouldnt be too much of a nightmare, where is swim departing from?? Peace Raz

nick
07-09-2007, 10:28 AM
This man knows exactly what he is talkin about and i would second that! If you try and go through the official channels , belive me you wont be goin nowhere, or wherever you go it will be without your juice. Do what this bro says and you will be fine! If not you will be cluckin a long way from home!!!

Yeah,this is a well known scam and thank satan for nightnurse,but if you can take it legally do it.

I used to put my diamorphine amps in my hand luggage and pray.Going across the road with diamorphine is bitch nevermind another country.

Oh and one thing is for sure,I'd never go to Indonesia unless it was ALL worked out in advance.

Raz
07-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Yeah,this is a well known scam and thank satan for nightnurse,but if you can take it legally do it.

I used to put my diamorphine amps in my hand luggage and pray.Going across the road with diamorphine is bitch nevermind another country.

Oh and one thing is for sure,I'd never go to Indonesia unless it was ALL worked out in advance.
I ain't goin nowhere wiv any opis ,especially to any country ,continent that gives serious bird for class A's Fuck that jack. I love life too much

nick
07-09-2007, 01:24 PM
Nevermind bird bro.I think they use the death penalty for pretty small amounts.

I'd rather go to Brighton than risk it.

Saint
07-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Well, Swim doesn't want to take any risks either. That's why she is doing all this research now, hoping to get a straightforward answer and better yet: an official permit.
Swim did this many times before when travelling in South America and never had any problems with consulates from these countries.
Indonesia /Thailand is a different matter however.. unfair but true.
Swim still has some hope of getting in there legally - with her medication.. She does not use any (illegal) drugs nor does she have a criminal record so why shouldn't she be allowed to travel? Swim thinks that sucks big time!

Swim knows some 'containertricks' and used them too but not because she's hiding her medication. It's just that all these pills take up way too much space in a backpack when you leave them in their original strips & boxes (about one square meter! :D )

nick
07-09-2007, 02:50 PM
Please Saint only go to Indonesia if you're legal........it just ain't worth the risk otherwise.

Hope it works out,if not there's always Disneyland

Saint
07-09-2007, 02:55 PM
where is swim departing from??

That would be Amsterdam (which doesn't exactly make me less suspicious)

Saint
07-09-2007, 03:02 PM
Please Saint only go to Indonesia if you're legal........it just ain't worth the risk otherwise.

Hope it works out,if not there's always Disneyland

Swim will follow your advice and definitely not take any risks but she will continue being a pain in the ass of all consulates: everybody should have the right to travel! Damn it.
Swim will keep you posted about future consulate proceedings.

btw: Disneyland would be even more expensive for Swim ;-) and Swim is allergic to screaming kids too.

Raz
07-10-2007, 09:11 AM
Hola, bein legal don't mean jack. Yeah you could be cool leavin the airport of your destination, but once you've declared that you've opis with you, that could make you a target for some wanker lookin to make a name for themself. Man whatever i would keep your meds hidden. If discovered, then produce the necessary papers to prove your legal . But i think your takin a risk whatever the scenario.. Those cunts in indonesia think we are all degenerate western shit and bein a drug user makes it worse times 100000000.. I would get some serious advise from people like "prisoners abroad " etc. But thats just paranoid ol me...Peace Raz

Saint
07-10-2007, 10:54 AM
Hola, bein legal don't mean jack. Yeah you could be cool leavin the airport of your destination, but once you've declared that you've opis with you, that could make you a target for some wanker lookin to make a name for themself. Man whatever i would keep your meds hidden. If discovered, then produce the necessary papers to prove your legal . But i think your takin a risk whatever the scenario.. Those cunts in indonesia think we are all degenerate western shit and bein a drug user makes it worse times 100000000.. I would get some serious advise from people like "prisoners abroad " etc. But thats just paranoid ol me...Peace Raz

Swim doesn't want to take riks naturally but on the other hand she has done this many times (legally) and never had a problem. Swim has never ever heard of people getting 'caught' with their personal stash of methadon and/or being sent to prison for it in Indonesia or Thailand or whatever coutry you have. But is interested in stories telling otherwise ofcourse.
Ofcourse heroine/cocaine etc. is whole different matter but Swim doesn't even do drugs anymore and nobody would be THAT stupid for sure

Raz
07-10-2007, 12:51 PM
Swim doesn't want to take riks naturally but on the other hand she has done this many times (legally) and never had a problem. Swim has never ever heard of people getting 'caught' with their personal stash of methadon and/or being sent to prison for it in Indonesia or Thailand or whatever coutry you have. But is interested in stories telling otherwise ofcourse.
Ofcourse heroine/cocaine etc. is whole different matter but Swim doesn't even do drugs anymore and nobody would be THAT stupid for sure
Good luck on your travels, looks like swim has it covered. I would rather do a detox prior to travellin , unless swim has legimate pain management meds? Then its a different ball game, as long as swim has no previous cons for Drugs etc??? Good luck Raz

Saint
07-10-2007, 03:01 PM
Good luck on your travels, looks like swim has it covered. I would rather do a detox prior to travellin , unless swim has legimate pain management meds? Then its a different ball game, as long as swim has no previous cons for Drugs etc??? Good luck Raz

Thank you Raz.
No criminal records and off drugs for a long time. It's just that Swim can't function without the done anymore after 25 years... tried detoxing many times but guess it's too late. Swim really IS taking it as painmedication (now).
btw: Swim is still very curious if anyone has ever heard of people ending up in jail because they bring their methadone on holiday? Swim has never heard of it.. just curious.

Raz
07-11-2007, 01:42 AM
Thank you Raz.
No criminal records and off drugs for a long time. It's just that Swim can't function without the done anymore after 25 years... tried detoxing many times but guess it's too late. Swim really IS taking it as painmedication (now).
btw: Swim is still very curious if anyone has ever heard of people ending up in jail because they bring their methadone on holiday? Swim has never heard of it.. just curious.
Hola, man the only concern i have; is for some corrupt fucker in uniform that makes your legit paperwork go missin. Then just a squeeze for money i guess! But before travellin i would leave numerous photocopies of said papers wiv people i trust. Anything goes pete tong, your covered and they can be faxed to where you are and get you out of any shit. Is it physeptone tabs that swim has. They resemble aspirin.... Maybe i'm a bit too para, if your not usin and don't frequent "hot gaffs " on your travels you should be cool, or " swim" should be cool... Peace Raz

Saint
07-11-2007, 02:57 AM
Hola, man the only concern i have; is for some corrupt fucker in uniform that makes your legit paperwork go missin. Then just a squeeze for money i guess! But before travellin i would leave numerous photocopies of said papers wiv people i trust. Anything goes pete tong, your covered and they can be faxed to where you are and get you out of any shit. Is it physeptone tabs that swim has. They resemble aspirin.... Maybe i'm a bit too para, if your not usin and don't frequent "hot gaffs " on your travels you should be cool, or " swim" should be cool... Peace Raz

Swim always leaves copies with some friends back home but you're right that there is always a chance of running in the wrong uniformed fucker.. My tablets are white and much smaller than aspirin. I just put them in a vitamine container and that works o.k. so far.

Raz
07-11-2007, 10:25 PM
Hola, your good to go, be safe and take care... Peace Raz

Saint
07-12-2007, 03:49 AM
Hola, your good to go, be safe and take care... Peace Raz

Swim - ah fuck, let's cut the Swim shit - I won't be leaving before winter anyway. I am still waiting for the consulate and Ministry of health to reply. All I heard so far was that subs ARE allowed in Indonesia but switching to subs will be tricky since I am on too high a dose and also have to work at the moment..
If they still DO give me a negative advice and are not willing to help in any way I guess I might go to South America instead.
If there is any news regarding consulates/importationregulations I'll post it on this thread.