PDA

View Full Version : HOW LONG DOES XANAX TAKE TO GET OUT OF YOUR SYSTEM?

bsb3305
12-21-2006, 01:42 PM
i HAVE BEEN TAKIN SUBOXONE AND HAVE A DRUG TEST NEXT THUR. THEY WILL CHECK FOR BENZOS. I HAVE BEEN TAKIN ABOUT 3 MG A DAY OFF AND ON FOR A WEEK .SO HOW LONG BEFORE THE URINE TEST SHOULD I WAIT TO STOP TAKIN THEM THANKS

Papa Verine
12-21-2006, 01:49 PM
i HAVE BEEN TAKIN SUBOXONE AND HAVE A DRUG TEST NEXT THUR. THEY WILL CHECK FOR BENZOS. I HAVE BEEN TAKIN ABOUT 3 MG A DAY OFF AND ON FOR A WEEK .SO HOW LONG BEFORE THE URINE TEST SHOULD I WAIT TO STOP TAKIN THEM THANKS

My guess is 2 weeks. But that's just a guess.

AWOL
12-21-2006, 01:56 PM
Not very long at all. A couple of days. Just make sure you're drinking enough fluids between now and then, 1 week is plenty enough (half life of xanax is like 8-24 hrs aprox.) Drink yer fluids and stop taking the xanax now.

insaneike
12-21-2006, 02:11 PM
Hmm, to be completely safe I'd give it 7-10 days... I think thats what it was to be completelysure it won't show with benzos in general. If you can give that amount of time you'll be garanteed to test negative for benzos. Though thats benzos in general, not alprazolam(xanax), which doesn't have as long a half life as other benzos like Diazepam(Valium) and Clonazepam(Klonopin). So I'd say give it like 4 days ateast.

I dunno, I'd really go a week if you can...

applesauce
12-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Most tests look for inactive metabolites of drugs, not the actual drug, so you can test positive for a good while after the drug itself is out of your body. But yeah, 3 days to a week, depending upon how big you are, what your diet is and too many other things to realistically factor here. 3mg/day isn't a hell of a lot, especially if for only a week.

But for most benzodiazepines you can be sure you'll be clean in a week, and you will probably be clean in 3 or so days.

Stop the benzos and start drinking cranberry juice to flush your body out.

zombiewoof23
12-21-2006, 02:27 PM
Cutoff and Detection Post Dose
Cutoff by immunoassay is 200 ng/ml for benzodiazepine metabolites. This level is sufficient to detect the most common benzodiazepines for 48-72 hours post single dose and as long as a week post dose under some circumstances. GC/MS cutoff levels for the various benzodiazepine metabolites is 100 ng/ml.

http://healthy.net/scr/article.asp?Id=8088

pinion
12-21-2006, 02:32 PM
4-5 days under most cases, a week to be safe. At least a month if you intentionally use your caps lock on the internet.

AWOL
12-21-2006, 02:41 PM
At least a month if you intentionally use your caps lock on the internet. LMAO !!

HistoryofMadness
12-22-2006, 09:41 AM
Hey man no need to shout!

Give it a week, 2 if you've got them.

youwonhundred
12-22-2006, 04:59 PM
Caps lock is cruise control for stupid.

(ok, so thats not an exact quote, i couldn't resist. no offense intented, it was just funny)

But to answer the original question, 3-7 days for the concentration to drop below detection thresholds for the EMIT test, according to my research. If, on the other hand, the company doing the testing uses the mouth swab test, benzos aren't even tested for with the basic 4 panel test. My missus beat the oral test for her job and either they are ridiculously inaccurate, or she got really lucky. She had taken percs and smoked weed less than 48 hours before, and passed the test.

micro024
12-22-2006, 05:27 PM
I just had a drug test on this past monday and I tested positive for coke and I didnt do that since the wednesday before, and tested positive for benzos which I had not taken in 11 days prior to this past monday, It was valium, but still???
I dont trust what any one says about amounts of time. No matter what, It all comes down to each persons metabolism, body chemistry, and amount of usage. Everybody is different. If I were you I would have stopped a couple days ago, its just better to be safe than sorry. My test did'nt matter, just didnt want to sound like a hypocrit (sp)?

euphoria2002
12-22-2006, 11:27 PM
I've got a CPS guide at work. I could look up the half-life for the Xanax. After 4 half lives have passed, you should be able to consider the Xanax is out of your system. Assuming they don't check for any secondary metabolites, you should be OK.

The range of answers so far is from 48 hours up to 10 days! I'm thinking it's closer to the lower figure, but I can't say for sure..... my compendium is at work and I'm taking the next week off.

What kind of test is it anyways? There are ways around urine tests. If they want a hair sample, that get's a bit more tricky (as in you're going to test positive).

It might actually be a lot more simple to give a valid reason why you were taking the X in the first place. You could tell them you've been under a lot of stress lately....... (from this upcoming test for one thing :)). Or even that Xanax works good for your insomnia.

Hope this helps out!

Euph2002

pinion
12-23-2006, 01:10 AM
The reason the poster who mentioned he tested positive after eleven days is because Valium has a half life of 8 days - so in 8 days half the drug is reduced, in 8 more days a quarter of the drug remains, 8 days later, an eight of the last dose remains, 8 more days, a 16th, etc.. And like Applesauce mentioned, it's metabolites that are typically tested for, not the drug itself, so it's a pretty individualistic thing because everyone's metabolism is different. Additionally, most if not all benzos are fat soluble so if you have a high percentage of body fat and are generally pretty sedentary, that could lengthen things. All of these factors is why I would recommend a week even though Xanax has a really short half life.

applesauce
12-23-2006, 07:54 AM
It depends entirely upon what kind of urine test they are going to use. GC/MS is for all practical purposes unbeatable. If you have detectable levels of the inactive metabolites the particular screen looks for in your system, it will find them. If you have short notice, the only way to beat it is to substitute something else for your urine. VERY easy to do for a job interview, sometimes more difficult to do for a PO. Luckily a PO is more likely to use the cheaper EMIT or RIA, since they give out hundreds of tests on a regular basis and GC/MS would cost them an arm and a leg.

Even EMIT can detect benzo metabolites, but GC/MS can get more specific and sometimes determine what type of benzo.

http://www.clinchem.org/cgi/content/full/48/11/2047

I like this statement about EMIT:

"Multiple commercially available immunoassay methods exist, but false-negative (FN) results are still encountered, even with some frequently prescribed benzodiazepines. "

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=7861749&dopt=Abstract

SpecialGuy69
12-23-2006, 08:38 AM
I took a mouth swab test for my job and tested negative for everything- I had done amphetamines, benzos, and opiates that same day (Scripted). A few years ago, I had to piss for a different job, and I tested positive for amphetamines, benzos, and opiates- and they couldn't do shit cause I had a script for everything. Best advice- go get a script for a few xanax. Go to urgent care or a shrink and tell them you have a flight coming up. They will write for 4-5 pills no problem. Then you have a script and your safe.

Papa Verine
12-23-2006, 09:12 AM
I just had a drug test on this past monday and I tested positive for coke and I didnt do that since the wednesday before, and tested positive for benzos which I had not taken in 11 days prior to this past monday, It was valium, but still???
I dont trust what any one says about amounts of time. No matter what, It all comes down to each persons metabolism, body chemistry, and amount of usage. Everybody is different. If I were you I would have stopped a couple days ago, its just better to be safe than sorry. My test did'nt matter, just didnt want to sound like a hypocrit (sp)?

This is why I said 2 weeks my first reply. When I was in Re-Hab I was testing positive for bezos at least 10 days after my last one. My doctor said it was because I was taking A lot of Klonopin and it's a long-acting benzo. Yeah, I said I noticed that.

bsb3305
12-24-2006, 05:44 PM
I've got a CPS guide at work. I could look up the half-life for the Xanax. After 4 half lives have passed, you should be able to consider the Xanax is out of your system. Assuming they don't check for any secondary metabolites, you should be OK.

The range of answers so far is from 48 hours up to 10 days! I'm thinking it's closer to the lower figure, but I can't say for sure..... my compendium is at work and I'm taking the next week off.

What kind of test is it anyways? There are ways around urine tests. If they want a hair sample, that get's a bit more tricky (as in you're going to test positive).

It might actually be a lot more simple to give a valid reason why you were taking the X in the first place. You could tell them you've been under a lot of stress lately....... (from this upcoming test for one thing :)). Or even that Xanax works good for your insomnia.

Hope this helps out!

Euph2002

Hey, buddy. My program is through Carle Addicition recovery centet.....so when the piss test they send it to the hospital and they screen for everything and I measn everything..I just smoked some crack early today but not that much just about $30 worth ,should zI bee worried about that my test is this Thurs. I asked hime if I could get anything to help me sleep and I think X would be the last thing he would give me. LAte