PDA

View Full Version : Help! Opiates and a soon to be drug test.

Liptonbuddy
12-16-2006, 01:45 AM
Hello. I'm new to the whole drug test thing. Never have had to take one before. Problem is, I'm more than likely getting a job at a hospital within the next week. This past week, including today, I have been on opiates. Over the course of the week, I have taken a few dilaudids, and a few morphine pills, both orally. most recently was about 70mgs of morphine tonight about 5 hours ago. Like I said, I have NO knowledge of drug testing whatsoever. Just wondering how soon that stuff will be out my system? I'm going in for my 2nd interview sometime this week, and I really don't know if they'd make me drop at this interview, or send me to an actual drug testing facility. Hell, I don't even know if it'll be a pee test, but I'm assuming it will be. Any little tricks for passing tests for opiates like there are for marijuana? Not sure if I need to give any more specifics about my body type or anything. Just in case, to my knowledge I don't have any liver or kidney problems, and I'm almost 6 feet, 200lbs, but I'm a pretty chunky guy. Not sure if the whole fat thing has to do with opiates or not. Any help is greatly apreciated. Thanks guys!

moviebuff927
12-16-2006, 02:06 AM
Hello. I'm new to the whole drug test thing. Never have had to take one before. Problem is, I'm more than likely getting a job at a hospital within the next week. This past week, including today, I have been on opiates. Over the course of the week, I have taken a few dilaudids, and a few morphine pills, both orally. most recently was about 70mgs of morphine tonight about 5 hours ago. Like I said, I have NO knowledge of drug testing whatsoever. Just wondering how soon that stuff will be out my system? I'm going in for my 2nd interview sometime this week, and I really don't know if they'd make me drop at this interview, or send me to an actual drug testing facility. Hell, I don't even know if it'll be a pee test, but I'm assuming it will be. Any little tricks for passing tests for opiates like there are for marijuana? Not sure if I need to give any more specifics about my body type or anything. Just in case, to my knowledge I don't have any liver or kidney problems, and I'm almost 6 feet, 200lbs, but I'm a pretty chunky guy. Not sure if the whole fat thing has to do with opiates or not. Any help is greatly apreciated. Thanks guys!

If all you've taken is opiates, then you can pass a pee test in about 4-5 days if you stop now. Blood test, possibly. If you have smoked marijuana within the past month, then you will fail for marijuana unless you stop and drink an ass of water including before you go and take the test, and even then if they send it to a lab, you'll have metabolites in your urine, depending on the cutoff. Some facilities take ANY amount in your urine as positive if there's no cutoff. They usually don't do that unless you're on a drug program or possible probation.

Best advice for any pee test, DRINK LOTS OF WATER BEFORE YOU GO, and when you get there, no matter how bad you have to pee, wait. And when you fill the cup, catch about halfway through the stream. Don't fill with pee when you first start to pee. Wait a little while if it's a lot and then get the smallest amount of sample they need, don't fill up the cup.

Have you taken anything besides opiates?

AWOL
12-16-2006, 02:11 AM
When in doubt, buy someone elses dehydrated pee. Costs $35 at a head shop, rubberbands to your leg w/ a heat pad.

jwalm
12-16-2006, 02:11 AM
thc gets out of your system as fast as opiates if you only use thc occasionally

if someone smoke marijuana once it would be out of thier system within a day of so (not a month, where did that come from?)

basically the same "tricks" that work for thc work for all drugs:D

moviebuff927
12-16-2006, 02:12 AM
Here's a good link for beating drug tests, LiptonBUDDY

http://www.totse.com/en/drugs/miscellaneous_drug_information/drugtestingbea191249.html

moviebuff927
12-16-2006, 02:15 AM

if someone smoke marijuana once it would be out of thier system within a day of so (not a month, where did that come from?)

Sometimes it can take a month with regular usage. With smoking once every once in a while, it still stays in your system a little longer than opiates do. It's due to the fact that THC is stored in your fat. Now you can still pass a drug test the next day if you know how to do it. It's not quickly flushed out of your system on it's own. I believe it's one of the longest drugs that are kept in your body. But heavy and regular usage makes it stay longer because it builds up in your fat tissues.

moviebuff927
12-16-2006, 02:19 AM

You're right, jwalm...dilution is the key to beating any drug urine test.

jwalm
12-16-2006, 02:23 AM
Sometimes it can take a month with regular usage. With smoking once every once in a while, it still stays in your system a little longer than opiates do. It's due to the fact that THC is stored in your fat. Now you can still pass a drug test the next day if you know how to do it. It's not quickly flushed out of your system on it's own. I believe it's one of the longest drugs that are kept in your body. But heavy and regular usage makes it stay longer because it builds up in your fat tissues.

yeah i know if you use thc a lot it will stay in your system for as long as a month

but, i have passed 2 lab ua tests for probation with smoking a few bowls the previous day, and doing nothing to alter my results of test

im my experience people often think thc stays in their system a lot longer than it actually will

moviebuff927
12-16-2006, 02:27 AM
yeah i know if you use thc a lot it will stay in your system for as long as a month

but, i have passed 2 lab ua tests for probation with smoking a few bowls the previous day, and doing nothing to alter my results of test

im my experience people often think thc stays in their system a lot longer than it actually will

That's pretty good, but very rare in my experience if you didn't dilute by drinking water. Lab tests usually are harder to beat than instant and smoking a day before they take your urine and not drinking ass loads of water and then passing with dark/bright yellow piss means you have a pretty good metabolism. But most people would fail, in my opinion.

I'm not calling you a liar, just you must keep your body in shape and exercise pretty regularly.

Anyway, that's good to know that...thanks jwalm! :)

devilsdrug
12-16-2006, 08:42 AM
ur lucky then cause thc stays and stays i do believe it attaches to fats cells and releases slowly , dilution is how i beat em for years but that was old days the tests are much more sophisticated and will say diluted, also job deals are different than parole where they often dont test all bottles its random

applesauce
12-16-2006, 09:47 AM
I worked in a hospital (Hospital Information Services) for several years. They did a GC/MS there on the spot in the hospital's own lab on-site.

I was stoned when I took the test. I'd tried quitting for more than a month, but the little EMIT drug tests they sell in head shops were still showing me positive for THC, so I knew the much more difficult to fool GC/MS would bust me. I couldn't stall the test any longer, so I just bough a Urinator. Google that word and you'll see what it is. It's like what DV1313 said, only a commercial version - fake pee and a small heavy plastic bag with a built-in battery-operated heater and a thermometer strip along the side. You could even be watched and it would still look and sound like you are pissing into a cup, as long as the 'watcher's" face isn't right in your crotch (in which case you might just sneeze and make the sound "sexual harassment" as you do, they'll back down FAST in a hospital).

Dilution won't do a damned thing for a GC/MS, it won't help in the least. Dilution usually won't even help with a simple RIA, much less a GC/MS. It MIGHT get you by if the people testing you are using the cheapie $12 EMIT tests - luckily for a lot of people, PO's use those cheapie tests.

Paregoric Kid
12-16-2006, 10:15 AM
drink as much water as you possibly can. take b vitamins, this is to make sure your piss will be yellow, if you piss clear they might think you were trying to tamper with it. dilution is your best bet with urine tests because if you are able to consume just enough water you will be able to drop the amount of the drugs in your urine below the cutoff level and it will not result as positive. though it may say traces sometimes, I'm not sure. you have to really drink a lot of water and be active, don't sit on your ass. my friend tried to get in the army once and he took adderall the day before the test and he drank a shit load of water and other liquids and he passed though he said it showed traces of amphetamines, but it was still below the cutoff level. there is no law against drinking too much water.
or get a whizinator or equivalent, they are rubber dicks, and you can use synthetic urine or someone elses and you will pass. if you are too cheap, too poor, or too dumb to not get one of those systems you can just get the urine and dump it in, but if they ask to watch you are fucked. why not buy one so that you can pass any piss test whenever you have to.
also if you know you are going to be tested it's good to find out what test they are doing and try and switch to a drug that is not detected. also if you are on morphine or codeine you might be able to pass by drinking water, etc. and eating some poppy seeds. this should work because when someone uses the poppyseed defense they check for thebaine and other opium alkaloids.

candy
12-16-2006, 10:33 AM
Are these drugs you get by prescription? If so, then don't worry as long as you have the script or bottle.

If not, most likely if you stop using and just start drinking some water, you should be fine.

I wouldn't go with any gadgets, they sometimes send someone in with you and although they may not watch you, they will get suspicious if your not in and out fast.

applesauce
12-16-2006, 11:17 AM
Your very best bet is to read Abbie Hoffman's last book "Steal this Urine Test" or to read any of the tons of information on NORML.ORG and elsewhere on the net about beating urine tests.

From all of that information, you will find two absolute facts:

1. Dilution is entirely worthless for GC/MS and RIA tests, and
2. Substitution (using fake pee, with or without a gadget to make it easier) is the BEST way to beat any piss test.

Don't listen to the moronic advice you are being given about dilution and drinking water, you will be wasting your time. Just read ANY good book on the subject and you'll come away with at least that fact. Byrd Labs were Abbie's favorite manufacturer of fake clean piss - I dunno if they still make it.

Substitution - using clean urine, whether it is synthetic (best bet) or from a clean person (which introduces possible unknowns). That will get you your job.

Google for the famous pamphlet called "Conquering the Urine Tests" and see that even back when dilution used to work, it wasn't reliable. Again, like Abbie said, substitution is the only 100% guarantee.

After many years in the corporate world (as a stoner in a suit) and countless drug tests, I can tell you that you have no way of knowing which of the three most popular tests they will run, and the only method that beats all three is substitution. Having worked in a hospital (and making considerably more money than most of the doctors, much to their arrogant chagrin) I have to warn you that if you are in any position that pays less than six figures, you will be taking on more stress than it is worth. Hospitals are VERY political places to work, everything is a chess game with personnel, particularly at the executive level.

Papa Verine
12-16-2006, 11:22 AM
I passed numerous drug tests in the 90's for probation by diluting. I would drink a gallon of water w/ some vitamins and when I was pissing every 5 minutes from all the water I was clean.

However, the authorities are all wise to this now and samples are checked for it. If you're test comes back "diluted" you have some explaining to do.

applesauce
12-16-2006, 11:29 AM
Yeah like I said in a previous post, POs usually use the "cheapie" EMIT tests, they're like $12 retail, so people who give lots of urine tests (the government) use them. They've got much better at detecting the dilution of different constituents of urine, but sometimes you can still beat a cheap EMIT.

For a job in a hospital (where they have an on-site lab that regularly does GC/MS tests for other doctors) they will use the GC/MS, the hardest-to-beat (and most expensive) test. There is 100% no possible way to beat it short of possibly using a catheter and injecting clean urine into one's bladder (it has been done).

Substitution is the only realist way, and NOBODY will EVER watch you for a job interview. Clarance Thomas made it real clear what the words Sexual Harassment can do to a career - or a privately-owned health-care group that owns hospitals.

Paregoric Kid
12-16-2006, 12:46 PM
it's not full proof but it is the best chance. from what I understand the urine tests check for X nanograms of drugs per milliter. so the more water you drink the more water will be in your urine and less nanograms per milliter of the drug. if you drink enough water to lower the ng:ml below the cutoff level it would not test positive. when I meant dilution I meant dilution in the sense of drinking so much water as to dilute the content of drug in your urine, I didn't mean adding water. if I'm wrong please explain, but it makes sense. if the UA's are checking for the ng:ml and you drink a shitload of water why would it not reduce the ng:ml ratio?
I will admit when I'm wrong but when someone just says you're wrong and doesn't explain why I have a hard time understanding why I'm wrong.
at any rate I know it's not scientific but if you can't for some reason get clean urine I've seen more people pass by drinking lots and lots of water with vitamins than with any other method or product.

Liptonbuddy
12-16-2006, 01:05 PM
Wow! I didn't expect this many responses! Thanks guys!

I was thinking about using a friend's urine who I know is clean. I was just wondering how long a small bottle of urine can stay at the right temperature if it's taped between my thigh and testicles? I know a few of my friends have passed drug tests this way, and at least I'll know for certain that the pee is clean. Oh well, I'll think of something.

Again, thank you for all the input guys! I'll have to hit up tha link that moviebuff posted, and google that book applesauce posted about. Once again, thanks!

EDIT: Oh yeah, opiates are the only thing that I have taken. I occasionally get some small second hand marijuana smoke from when my girlfriend smokes pot, but is that really anything to worry about?

applesauce
12-16-2006, 01:42 PM
it's not full proof but it is the best chance. from what I understand the urine tests check for X nanograms of drugs per milliter. so the more water you drink the more water will be in your urine and less nanograms per milliter of the drug. if you drink enough water to lower the ng:ml below the cutoff level it would not test positive. when I meant dilution I meant dilution in the sense of drinking so much water as to dilute the content of drug in your urine, I didn't mean adding water. if I'm wrong please explain, but it makes sense. if the UA's are checking for the ng:ml and you drink a shitload of water why would it not reduce the ng:ml ratio?
I will admit when I'm wrong but when someone just says you're wrong and doesn't explain why I have a hard time understanding why I'm wrong.
at any rate I know it's not scientific but if you can't for some reason get clean urine I've seen more people pass by drinking lots and lots of water with vitamins than with any other method or product.

You can dilute the ng/ml quantity of the looked-for metabolites in your urine, but in diluting them you are also diluting electrolytes and creatine and other things your body naturally produces. So the drug test basically has a 'red flag' built in that decides if these various things are unusually dilute. Then they will pass that "questionable" test off for GC/MS, where dilution doesn't matter.

If you know the people testing you are going to use an old-fashioned EMIT (like a lot of people still do) you MIGHT be able to get away with it - if you are in a hurry, try acidifying your urine by drinking loads of cranberry juice instead of water. That should help kick your kidneys into overdrive, and get rid of as much as possible. Ron Siegel joked about how well cranberry works in his book Fire in the Brain, a woman who was date-raped with ketamine happened to be drinking cranberry juice cocktails and that caused the K to get out of her body faster, and ultimately she was able to identify the rapist.

Anyway sorry to digress, my point is that for many more modern tests, dilution is easily detected and it flags the test as failed. If it is for something important (a civil lawsuit maybe...) they may re-test using much more expensive GC/MS, but if the test is being administered in a real hospital (with a normal lab) they will do a GC/MS on-site and your pee will never see an EMIT panel.

So everything I've read over the past twenty years indicates that dilution is a last-ditch effort to beat a test, and it is technically real simple to detect. And as more expensive (RIA and GC/MS) tests become more common, they become less expensive, and dilution becomes even more obsolete.

It used to work - it doesn't (rarely) anymore, especially for a "real" job where the test will be done on-site by real lab techs, not just a scarcely-earning-minimum-wage PO whose only real training in urine testing was a 3 hour LE-sponsored class at a local junior college.

applesauce
12-16-2006, 02:02 PM
EDIT: Oh yeah, opiates are the only thing that I have taken. I occasionally get some small second hand marijuana smoke from when my girlfriend smokes pot, but is that really anything to worry about?

On the second-hand smoke thing, it is actually possible that it'll be detected, it just depends upon how closely they look (what the ng/ml is for the drug in question).

Opiates clean out much faster, you'll probably be okay. Even if you are called on to take the test real soon, you will probably be able to delay it for one reason or another. You shouldn't have any problem finding a way out of the test for long enough to clean your urine of opiates.

Substance-P-Inhibition
02-16-2007, 12:07 PM
can lab tests test for male or female pee?

HeidiW
02-16-2007, 12:25 PM
Military drugs tests do.

HistoryofMadness
02-16-2007, 12:37 PM
can lab tests test for male or female pee?

yea but i don't know if its standard... give 'em a reason and they will

-edit- this isn't exactly on topic (http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/drugtest.htm), but the info within answers your question...

and this one (http://www.totse.com/en/drugs/legal_issues_of_drug_use/passtest.html)seems to suggest they are tested in the same way (male and female) and are therefore not going to alert differently

if the female is pregnant i'd find another sample just in case they get suspicious

covv799ss
02-18-2007, 04:21 AM
When in doubt, buy someone elses dehydrated pee. Costs $35 at a head shop, rubberbands to your leg w/ a heat pad.

I'd do something like this if I were in your position. Only make sure you use a really good heat pad, ok? I tried doing something like this yesterday, only the heat pads I used were shitty and didn't keep the piss warm enough. I ended up having to retest within the hour, and not being able to leave the premises until then. By some otherworldly act my own tainted piss passed. I was lucky. But yeah, if I had to take it again I would just do what dv said.

HeidiW
02-18-2007, 10:13 AM
follow dv's advice

L0VE
02-18-2007, 10:20 AM

Do you know which type it is? Hospital jobs I'm guessing are pretty strict, my sister had EVERY type of possible drug tested when she did clinicals at a hospital (kinda like interning for nursing) but she had to go to her own doc and get it done. BUY THE DRINK AT YOUR LOCAL I think it's called a gn or gnc store something like that.

L0VE
02-18-2007, 10:21 AM
I'll find you the name of it in a bit, my sister drank it and passed. It cost around $35.

cracksinthepavement
02-18-2007, 12:02 PM
I was thinking about using a friend's urine who I know is clean.

I did this a few years ago. All I did was wear a thick sweater, put the piss in a balloon and tape it in my armpit. The whole situation sucked and I was burning up, but I passed and just barely hit the correct temp. If you can't do that, read the above posts about vitamins and water, then visit a good headshop and ask them about drug test drinks.. There is a huge market for this situation, some good and not so good products. If you can't use someone else's urine, nothing is fullproof so try everything.

AmblerG
02-11-2009, 11:29 AM
So today is wednesday. Yesterday I did some h around 8am. Today, I switched over to subs (without precip w.d.s, for once) earlier in the morning. Suboxone does not show up on the regular 5 panel drug test that I may have to take this evening. I read that heroin can be detected in this test for a day or two. Im relatively young and have a decent metabolism. Since suboxone has to knock the dope off the receptors to replace it, I would think that dope will not be in my system. Any thoughts appreciated.

RxQueen
02-13-2009, 02:10 AM
i'm not an expert on this, but i think that although the dope will be knocked off your receptors, it (or rather its metabolites) will still be in your blood and piss.