PDA

View Full Version : How long must I wait till I can get high again

expo
12-08-2006, 03:45 PM
Ive taken bupe before but have been on oxy's for the last week or so. anyway, i ran outa oxy this morning so i too 8mg sublingually at around 9am today. What I need to know is how long will it be until I can use Oxy again. I really dont want to buy some and then find that they are not effective and i have wasted my money. any info will be really appreciated. thanks.

SpecialGuy69
12-08-2006, 04:18 PM
please in the future utmfse. If you dont know what utmfse means, search and you'll find out.

here's two threads that will give you all the answers you need:
http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=4709
http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=4333&highlight=ultimate+sub+guide

expo
12-08-2006, 04:55 PM
Ive read those before, i posted this to see if anyone had some first had experience base on the dosage and timeframes i posted.

devilsdrug
12-08-2006, 05:03 PM
if that didnt do it for ya how about life , the rest of ur life

AWOL
12-08-2006, 05:03 PM
I've never used subs but 8mg's is a lot. Expect to wait, best advice I can give as a non-user is wait till the sickness sets in. Then wait some more. That, or push through it (safely). That's what I'd do if I were too lazy to look it up and read some.

SpecialGuy69
12-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Ive read those before, i posted this to see if anyone had some first had experience base on the dosage and timeframes i posted.those threads are based on personal experience. mine. in the first one, I spelled out very clearly the most efficient way to switch. If you are too lazy to read through the replies to the first thread I linked, then I'm definitely too lazy to type it up again.

madnesscult
12-11-2006, 02:56 PM
those threads are based on personal experience. mine. in the first one, I spelled out very clearly the most efficient way to switch. If you are too lazy to read through the replies to the first thread I linked, then I'm definitely too lazy to type it up again.

I'm beginning to think that our great effort was wasted. The whole goddamned point was so that we wouldn't get the same fucking questions OVER AND OVER AND OVER again -- people, especially n00bs, could read through the guide, and have 99.9% of their questions answered, and not fill the forum with the same old shit.

I think in the future I'm going to just stop answering such questions completely, and just post the link to the guide and say "FUCKING READ IT". Maybe we can all agree to do just that, and it might actually get people to read the thing.

SpecialGuy69
12-11-2006, 05:06 PM
^^ definitely- especially when they post in the buprenorphine forum- it's right fuckin there, click that motherfucker! Well, who knows how many questions have been averted (hopefully at least a few). But if someone has a new question that hasn't been covered thoroughly, I'd like to start adding the replies to the sticky so it's all in one place.

wafflehead77
12-12-2006, 01:04 AM
Ive taken bupe before but have been on oxy's for the last week or so. anyway, i ran outa oxy this morning so i too 8mg sublingually at around 9am today. What I need to know is how long will it be until I can use Oxy again. I really dont want to buy some and then find that they are not effective and i have wasted my money. any info will be really appreciated. thanks.

I would wait at least 48 hours. The first time I obtained hydromorphone, I had scored it just after taking suboxone, and knowing that there is naloxone in Suboxone, I decided to wait at least 36 hours before doing the Dilaudid. So I waited over a day, and tried the hydromorphone, and it didnt do a damn thing. It wasnt until 2 years later that I had the chance to try dilaudid again, and I wasnt expecting much after my last experience. Needless to say I was extremely surprised, and very happy once I truly experienced hydromorphone!
Anyway, bup has a very long half-life, and since it is a partial antagonist, you wont get high, so I would wait 48 hours or more, otherwise you it will be a waste.

flipside
12-12-2006, 01:38 AM
please in the future utmfse. If you dont know what utmfse means, search and you'll find out.

Ive read those before, i posted this to see if anyone had some first had experience base on the dosage and timeframes i posted.

if that didnt do it for ya how about life , the rest of ur life

those threads are based on personal experience. mine. in the first one, I spelled out very clearly the most efficient way to switch. If you are too lazy to read through the replies to the first thread I linked, then I'm definitely too lazy to type it up again.

I'm beginning to think that our great effort was wasted. The whole goddamned point was so that we wouldn't get the same fucking questions OVER AND OVER AND OVER again -- people, especially n00bs, could read through the guide, and have 99.9% of their questions answered, and not fill the forum with the same old shit.

I think in the future I'm going to just stop answering such questions completely, and just post the link to the guide and say "FUCKING READ IT". Maybe we can all agree to do just that, and it might actually get people to read the thing.

MORE THAN.... nuff said!

Digitopium
12-12-2006, 04:03 AM
Bupe half life is 36 hours....read the insert/manufacture's website beeya-yatch. You dont deserve this answer, as alluded to above. Dumb post for somebody with over 50 posts.:mad:

chessmaster_69
12-13-2006, 09:20 AM
Its been 120 hours since a one-time dose of 1mg bupe. I can still feel it blocking my oxy doses. Kind of blows..

160mgsAday
12-13-2006, 12:10 PM
hey ,
i take suboxone pretty much everyday with a few breaks a month to get high. If i take my dose (12 mg) say on a monday morning, i have to wait until tuesday afternoon to get high. say, if you use dope or oxy on tuesday morning itll keep u from being sick but u wont get high for a bout 28-36 hours after your bupe dose, atleast thats how my experiences have went.

160mgsAday

HistoryofMadness
12-13-2006, 12:39 PM
first, if a half life is 36 hours, the full life cycle is waaay more than 72... secondly, 36 hours is a very low estimate for the half-life of bupe based on my experience... at least that is, once it is built up it takes longer...

so wait as long as you can but it could be a week or more before its right again

oh yeah and third is because of the kind of place this is, we are going to get the same questions over and over...

i've seem some of the same people complain about that AND ask a question that's already been discussed... so give up on that

if you don't wanna help or answen then why take the time to post?

OxyContinuously
12-13-2006, 12:56 PM

I like that tm!! It always kills you when people ask questions that have answers ;-)

SpecialGuy69
12-13-2006, 03:54 PM
I dont mind answering questions, I like it in fact. But it's just madnesscult and I put a lot of work into the sub guide sticky thread, and to see people just not even bothering to read it and then post a question that's explicitly answered in the sticky always bugs me.

BTW- the half-life of buprenorphine is between 24-36 hours. But that just means there's only half left in your body. So, if your body had a 24 hour half life (has a lot to do with your metabolism) that would mean if you took 12mg on Monday at 9am, Tuesday at 9am you'd have 6mg. Wednesday 9am 3mg, Thursday 1.5mg, Friday .75mg. That's why subutex is such an effective drug to taper on and quit with- it lets you down very gradually and smoothly. The sickness creeps in slowly, too- you don't just suddenly get super-dopesick, you start to feel kinda janky for 6 hours, then you get cold hands and feet for 4 hours, then you might get your first chill/fever a few hours after that- it builds up slowly, so it's easier to stop.

BTW- I KNOW this isn't the same for everyone. duh.

madnesscult
12-13-2006, 09:39 PM
first, if a half life is 36 hours, the full life cycle is waaay more than 72... secondly, 36 hours is a very low estimate for the half-life of bupe based on my experience... at least that is, once it is built up it takes longer...

so wait as long as you can but it could be a week or more before its right again

oh yeah and third is because of the kind of place this is, we are going to get the same questions over and over...

i've seem some of the same people complain about that AND ask a question that's already been discussed... so give up on that

if you don't wanna help or answen then why take the time to post?

I dont mind answering questions, I like it in fact. But it's just madnesscult and I put a lot of work into the sub guide sticky thread, and to see people just not even bothering to read it and then post a question that's explicitly answered in the sticky always bugs me.

BTW- the half-life of buprenorphine is between 24-36 hours. But that just means there's only half left in your body. So, if your body had a 24 hour half life (has a lot to do with your metabolism) that would mean if you took 12mg on Monday at 9am, Tuesday at 9am you'd have 6mg. Wednesday 9am 3mg, Thursday 1.5mg, Friday .75mg. That's why subutex is such an effective drug to taper on and quit with- it lets you down very gradually and smoothly. The sickness creeps in slowly, too- you don't just suddenly get super-dopesick, you start to feel kinda janky for 6 hours, then you get cold hands and feet for 4 hours, then you might get your first chill/fever a few hours after that- it builds up slowly, so it's easier to stop.

BTW- I KNOW this isn't the same for everyone. duh.

I, too, do not mind answering questions. But the whole point of our extensive effort on the sub guide was to provide easily-found answers to the majority of questions about subs. It's not like people even have to UTFSE, and it's not like it's hard to find whatever information they might need in there...it's just plain laziness. I mean, seriously, how hard is it to look through a table of contents, then scroll down to the section you need?

Anyway, not only must you consider the 36-hour half life, you also have to take into account the build-up of doses. Because not only do you have today's dose in your system, but you've also got yesterday's and the day before's. So you gotta calculate all of that. Or, you can just go on my golden rule: if you're feeling sick, you most likely don't have enough bupe in your system to significantly block out other opiates.

SpecialGuy69
12-13-2006, 09:51 PM
Or, you can just go on my golden rule: if you're feeling sick, you most likely don't have enough bupe in your system to significantly block out other opiates.exactly. and there is nothing better than the feeling of sniffing the good shit when your really sick, and knowing a wave of relief is about to rush over you. ahhhh

alowishus
12-13-2006, 11:27 PM
So, if your body had a 24 hour half life (has a lot to do with your metabolism) that would mean if you took 12mg on Monday at 9am, Tuesday at 9am you'd have 6mg. Wednesday 9am 3mg, Thursday 1.5mg, Friday .75mg.

If it got rid of 6mg the 1st 24 hours why would it not get rid of another 6mg in the next 24 hours?
Why only 3mg? It's not staring everday w/ a new dose it's the same one of 12mg.
That just doesn't make sense to me, so the breakdown slows down w/ lesser amounts in the body by half?
Fuzzy logic meds.:D

It doesn't sound right to me, I can't think of the term, it went right out of my head, I understand the thinking behind it, if you have something please post it or a link, but I don't believe that is right. Why would it start over everyday w/ a whole amount and not the fraction of the original whole amount?

Granted it does stay a long time in the system, I'm down to 2mg now, and hopefully none soon.

chessmaster_69
12-14-2006, 08:00 AM
Its not a linear relation, it is exponential. Linear is like 6mg down in the first 24hrs, then 6mg down again the next 24 hrs, so on. Exponential decay is when the drug in your system falls to 1/2 the original value in a certain time (half-life). Then it falls to 1/2 of what was left after the first half-life, and repeat a few more times.

Coddfish
12-14-2006, 08:13 AM
when you are talking about half life, the important number is not the 12 mg and the 6 mg. it's the 50% that brings you to the 6 mg. by definition, half-life is the amount of time for half of what's in your system to leave. so, a 24 hour half life means that after 24 hours you multiply the amount you originally had in your system (24 hours ago) by .5.

hence it goes 12mg x .5= 6 mg in first 24 hours. 6 mg x .5=3 in the second 24 hours. and so on.

alowishus
12-15-2006, 12:35 PM
Linear & exponential, that's the words I was looking for, thanks, couldn't get them out to save my life.
I understand the whole thing, & I wasn't being difficult, but when I read that the other night it seemed like it was a mechanism that was only in bupe.
I was fooked...:o...up