PDA

View Full Version : instant release oxycodone

wafflehead77
12-06-2006, 03:23 PM
Whats up everyone. Just joined a few days ago, so if this topic has already been thrown around I apologize. A friend of mine has artificial joints in her hips due to some time of rheumatism. As a result, she is prescribed 60 oc 20's, and 120 oxycodone IR 15mg's a month. Her pain is not all that severe, but with her condition, she didnt even need to ask for the meds, they were just given to her. So, I was wandering if anyone knows of an IR brand that is better, or more effective for snorting. Since we have met I have been paying for her scripts(she has no insurance) and in exchange, we split them down the middle. Recieved the Amide A214's(green), and the mallies, but I was wandering if there are superior generics, or if the Roxicodone brand or Oxy IR brand are better. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Dolophine
12-06-2006, 04:06 PM
I have tried the brand OXY IR that someone got from Canada and they were perfect for snorting. They break up into a nice fine powder and are relatively small. You may not like them but we like em in the East.

wafflehead77
12-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Cool. I ve been wondering about the Oxy IR. I had a friend that said he loved them, but the guy doesnt know alot about the stuff. Have you had the mallies or the Amide generics, so that you could tell me if there was a noticable "winner" amonst them?

OxyContinuously
12-07-2006, 08:19 AM
Hey I find that the Roxy's (you know the thin wafer like tablets in 15 or 30 mgs) work great for snorting and, as i 've heard, aren't bad at all for banging, if that's your thing. hope that helps.

jab
12-07-2006, 11:00 AM
All the Roxis I get are good to snort EXCEPT one.. ETHEX!!!! They make the WORST generic, binder filled, nasty tasting, burn your nose Oxy crap I've ever had. STAY AWAY.

This has been a public service anouncment.

LifeIsPain
12-07-2006, 11:09 AM
Yeah, these are straight. The comment about the ETHEX is 100%. you blow one of those youll be blowing fuckin neon boogers for 3 days, its pretty bad. the way i feel about the IR and the HCL is that as soon as u lick the coating of the HCL it becomes and IR. The coating makes it time release. so 30 mgs of IR=30mgs of HCL.

roxi*stardust
12-07-2006, 01:06 PM
All the Roxis I get are good to snort EXCEPT one.. ETHEX!!!! They make the WORST generic, binder filled, nasty tasting, burn your nose Oxy crap I've ever had. STAY AWAY.

This has been a public service anouncment.
true true true
the ethex are white and sucks!! the amide and mallies are green (15's) and blue (30's). i love them

wafflehead77
12-08-2006, 05:58 PM
Godd stuff guys. Thanks for the info. Ive not had the OXYIR's take on instant release, so I believe Ill try those.

I hope this post finds you all euphoric and/or pain-free, which ever the case may be. Peace

SpecialGuy69
12-08-2006, 06:09 PM
Yeah, these are straight. The comment about the ETHEX is 100%. you blow one of those youll be blowing fuckin neon boogers for 3 days, its pretty bad. the way i feel about the IR and the HCL is that as soon as u lick the coating of the HCL it becomes and IR. The coating makes it time release. so 30 mgs of IR=30mgs of HCL.Wrong. First of all I think you mean ER when you say HCL- are you referring to hydrochloride? Anyways, the two types of release are instant (IR) and extended (ER or contin).

Second, the time release is in the pill itself. The coating does nothing except make it easy for grannies to tell them apart. If you wipe the coating off an oxycontin and swallow it, it's not going to hit you any faster than it would if you swallowed it with the coating on. In brand name OC's, the matrix is is the hardness of the pills- they take 6-8 hours to dissolve in your stomach.

If you drop an IR, and a peeled ER in a glass of water, the IR will be dissolved in a few minutes, the ER will stay in form for 10+ hours.

Just thought I'd clarify some bad info.

insaneike
12-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Amide Pharmaceuticals makes the best gneric Roxicodone(the green15mg and blue 30mg IR oxy tabs) in my opinion. By far actualy... The ETHEX ones are ok, but seem a tab weaker, plus the ETHEX ones are alot bigger than the other forms of Roxi and aren't ideal for sniffing... and the other good ones aside from from the AMIDE ones that I've had are the Mallis.. they don't seem as potent(it won't be noticable unless you've been taking both for a while...) as the Amide brand ones. The Malli and AMide are about the same size though, but the Amide ones cursh easier into a softer more fluff powder with ease. The Amide and Malli ones don't burn at all when sniffed either! plus ppl say the Amide ones are great for ppl who mainline(i don't mainline shit so can't back up this info with exp.).

Hope I helped some man, enjoy :D

later

160mgsAday
12-08-2006, 10:05 PM
yah im new here also, and the roxycodones are by far the wayyyyy best form of oxycodone period. Don't gotta worry bout any fillers barely at all, you can snort them, and a 30 is smaller than an OC 10 mg, plus they are easy to bang, easier than 40 mg brand names thats for sure. Roxycodone by far the best.
160mgsAday

insaneike
12-09-2006, 12:08 AM
yah im new here also, and the roxycodones are by far the wayyyyy best form of oxycodone period. Don't gotta worry bout any fillers barely at all, you can snort them, and a 30 is smaller than an OC 10 mg, plus they are easy to bang, easier than 40 mg brand names thats for sure. Roxycodone by far the best.
160mgsAday

My thoughts exactly! Thats exactly what I always tell ppl on here man lol. Roxi 30s are the ebst form of oxy you can get in my opinion too! They are a tad smaller than the OC10s, they crush into a fine flush soft powder with ease, and they don't burn the lease when sniffed!

and it's Roxicodone I think...

later

shaunclo
12-09-2006, 01:55 AM
the way i feel about the IR and the HCL is that as soon as u lick the coating of the HCL it becomes and IR. The coating makes it time release. so 30 mgs of IR=30mgs of HCL.

Sorry bro, but your wrong. I dont know why so many people think that the coating is the time-release mechanism. What makes them time-release are things they put into the pills, these are called binders.

Just think about it, if the coating was the only thing that made a pill time-release, then once the outer coating is gone you would get all the stuff inside right away - you know what I mean, it doesnt make sense if you think about it. You would have to get thru the coating to get to the stuff inside anyways, and if thats the time release, than you would get to the stuff inside all at once, O.k., I think everyone gets the point.

insaneike
12-09-2006, 02:38 AM
Wrong. First of all I think you mean ER when you say HCL- are you referring to hydrochloride? Anyways, the two types of release are instant (IR) and extended (ER or contin).

Second, the time release is in the pill itself. The coating does nothing except make it easy for grannies to tell them apart. If you wipe the coating off an oxycontin and swallow it, it's not going to hit you any faster than it would if you swallowed it with the coating on. In brand name OC's, the matrix is is the hardness of the pills- they take 6-8 hours to dissolve in your stomach.

If you drop an IR, and a peeled ER in a glass of water, the IR will be dissolved in a few minutes, the ER will stay in form for 10+ hours.

Just thought I'd clarify some bad info.

Sorry man, but I don't think that is how the Extended Release mechanism works dude... it may be for some pills(such as Concerta used for ADHD), but for narcotic opioid pain killers such as OxyContin and msContin this is not true. They are Extended Release in a chemical sense more so than the physical sense you described(correct me if I'm using the wrong words here). There is something in the pills that makes half of the drug in them released slowly. Like the dude above me said, it's some type of binder or something that is mixed in with like half of the dose. Some type of something that won't let it be absorbed faster.

Now if you crushed them you will basically have an Instant Released form of said tabs. As when crushed the powder dust is spread out over more surface area(?) than the whole tab would. Thus each piece is being dissolved separately and some of said drug is released from each piece(still slowly, as the time release is more so chemical related) but since u have a bunch of pieces of the tabs drug each of them releases some of the drug and well, the time release still is occurring but in each lil spec of powder(so there basically is no time release anymore). Like compare the duration of 40mg of Roxi and the duration of a crushed OC40. the OC40 will last up to 2hours longer, as some of the drug is still being slowly released(in each lil piece of powder). well god, you guys get the picture here lol). Sorry for this shitty ass explanation but I'm VERY opiated(and low doses of xan) and can't be bothered enough to actualy fully explain, but you guys know how to use google :D

If it is the hardness of the pills how come the IMPAX brand Oxy 40s(the purple ones) crush easier than the Roxis(IR oxy)? The ABG 40s also crush VERY soft and easy, they are most definitely not extended release because of how tight/hard they are pressed man. You must be thinking of some other pills or some foreign brands of OCs, hell you may have even read this somewhere but not everything on the net is true(hell this i said may not even be but it is true for most extended release pain killers...) :p

God, i done forgot where i was getting at and gonna go take a nice warm noddy shower hehe. not saying your info is wrong though but it sure does NOT apply to the average opioid pain killers man... it could for some for all I know but this is the average common understanding of how time-release works for OCs, well what I always thought was lol. I'll edit this post tomorrow and fully elaborate though, as this post is probably not gonna make sense, or does it? :P

later