PDA

View Full Version : Average Cost of Bupe Treatment?

dolofina
12-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am just curious about how much people are paying for their bupe/Suboxone
treatment, but only IF they feel comfortable sharing this kind of info.
(You really don't need to go into TOO much detail, but some people
will not feel too comfortable with sharing this info, and I totally get that.)

I live in Western PA, and I am paying out-of-pocket for my monthly
office visit, which is $200 per month. Unfortunately, my doctor is at his ¨cap¨,
which means that he can no longer take on any more patients.
So far, the cost of my meds is covered by Medicaid. I get the 8 mg films.
(My present doctor will only prescribe one 8 mg film per day for each patient.)
In order to get this med covered by Medicaid, my doctor has to fill out a
Prior-Authorization form and fax that to Medicaid for their approval, I believe.
Then, my co-pay is $3.00.

Urine tests are unsupervised. (I have a very difficult time with urinating
while being watched, so I am very glad that it is this way, here.)

I have called around to other doctors and clinics, and most of them
want to see you weekly and charge around $90 to $120 per week.

I am just curious to see what others are experiencing,
as far as bupe/Sub treatment is concerned.

Thanks!
~dolofina~

Slipp
12-01-2013, 07:31 PM
MNcare let's u pick from 3 insurers; blue cross, ucare, or health partners. Different clinics accept atleast one or more of these usually and is covered in full. No charge for anything, the $3 copay even too. MNcare is super sweet.

Snak
12-01-2013, 07:42 PM
My sub doctor without insurance is $57 a month. I'm on a new bupe product but I'm going to try and switch here soon. But I highly doubt hell let me go to subutex.

HydroMoreFound
12-02-2013, 12:20 AM
Hi Everyone,

I am just curious about how much people are paying for their bupe/Suboxone
treatment, but only IF they feel comfortable sharing this kind of info.
(You really don't need to go into TOO much detail, but some people
will not feel too comfortable with sharing this info, and I totally get that.)

I live in Western PA, and I am paying out-of-pocket for my monthly
office visit, which is $200 per month. Unfortunately, my doctor is at his ¨cap¨,
which means that he can no longer take on any more patients.
So far, the cost of my meds is covered by Medicaid. I get the 8 mg films.
(My present doctor will only prescribe one 8 mg film per day for each patient.)
In order to get this med covered by Medicaid, my doctor has to fill out a
Prior-Authorization form and fax that to Medicaid for their approval, I believe.
Then, my co-pay is $3.00.

Urine tests are unsupervised. (I have a very difficult time with urinating
while being watched, so I am very glad that it is this way, here.)

I have called around to other doctors and clinics, and most of them
want to see you weekly and charge around $90 to $120 per week.

I am just curious to see what others are experiencing,
as far as bupe/Sub treatment is concerned.

Thanks!
~dolofina~

I'm surprised most of the sub doctors in your area want to see you every week. When I was on suboxone maintenance, I just had to go in after the first week for a second visit, and then it was monthly visits from there on out.

I had insurance, but I had to pay $40 out-of-pocket every month for a drug screen. The co-pay for the visit was $20, and the co-pay for the drug was $15, so altogether it cost me $75 a month.

I was pretty lucky though. I don't know exactly how much the office visits would have cost without insurance, but it was definitely a money-making racket for the doc. I was also under the impression that medi-cal didn't cover suboxone at the time, although I'm not 100% sure about that.

smalls
12-02-2013, 12:45 AM
I see my sub doctor every month. After a $300 induction, monthly visits cost $150 and I pay out of pocket for however many 8mg films I'm getting (at the most, I paid $420 at Walgreens). That may sound like a lot but when I was shopping around he offered, believe it our not, the cheapest induction rate. I suppose my insurance might cover some of this but I'm paranoid and don't want any of this on my medical record so I pay everything out of pocket. Another reason I don't use insurance is, I've heard horror stories of insurance companies deciding out of nowhere that they're refusing to pay for suboxone.

My sub doctor does not require urine tests.

I've never known anyone that had to see/pay a sub doctor weekly. It's always been a monthly thing for myself and friends.

srqmoviemaker
12-02-2013, 02:09 AM
I had a $250 one time induction, even though I have been seeing the same psych dr for a year for my benzo scripts... stupid but what can you do... then every visit is $150, but insurance covers $125 of it, after I mail the bill to them (sneaky bastards, they don't authorize this dr fully but will knock down the price if the patient is willing to to all the work, which I am for that much money) and the script of sixty 8mg strips costs $85 from the pharmacy and that's with insurance, they quoted me like $280-320 depending on the pharmacy without insurance..

so after I mail off my claim and I get my shit situated, its $110 a month for the visit and the 60 subs.

I also realized that the pay for my monthly visit might not be fully covered or is expensive (most local drs charge more 1st visit but then only $100 every after) because I do also get my benzo RXs written at the same time..

edit: smalls, says youre in the bay area... California? because in the (tampa) bay area, prices for subs without an rx seem to be much lower, but that's prob bc of all the old pillmills that closed... im willing to bet some of the owners reopened with a dr rxing subs...

Narkotikon
12-02-2013, 03:12 AM
Doctor No. 1 - $150 per visit, every two weeks for the first month, then down to once a month supposedly (that never worked out--I ended up going every three weeks, which I wanted to bite his head off for...they are so in it for the money).

Doctor No. 2 - $350 every single fucking visit. Once a month visits. Benzos were okay. That only lasted 4 months.

Doctor No. 3 - $150 every month, $50 for the UA (the UA's in the first two were included). This doctor actually got taken down by the DEA b/c he apparently was a GP running a pill mill. You should of seen all the young people in his office with "back pain." If he cut them off, he just switched them to Subs. He was okay with benzos too. I'm glad I left before that went down.

Doctor No. 4 - Paid for by Medicaid. No fee for the doctor, but it was more like an outpatient rehab. You got a weekly script of Subs, and they were really fucking stingy with them. I've always gotten 16mg/day before. This place would only give me 12mg/day. Some people were only on 4mg/day. That's just so unheard of in Sub doctors offices. They usually script at least 8mg, more like 16mg/day. This place was the one I got kicked out of after 6 weeks for relapsing one time. Isn't that a given, especially in the beginning?

Doctor No. 5 - $150 month, insurance covered UA, script. Went on day one for induction, came back in two days for checkup, then back in two weeks to monitor I guess, then back in monthly visits. So, it was basically $450 for the first month, then $150 thereafter.

Scripts, depends on dosage and area. For me, out of pocket, usually $550-600 per month for 16mg / day. With insurance, $3.50.

Miss M
12-02-2013, 12:35 PM
First sub doctor: $500 for "induction" visit, which included him handing me 2 eight mg tabs and sending me on my way to take them "when you get home and stop by my office tomorrow & I'll give you a script for the rest". I then returned in 2 weeks x2 (@$80 per visit) and finally was "rewarded" with a 30 day script (@ $80 per visit). He refused to consider any insurance. After about a year of monthly visits he lost his license to practice because of mental health issues. He was a quack, but didn't require any treatment, counseling and all that. He said from the gate that he had a "zero tolerance policy" for benzos, yet he never did another UA after the first visit.

Second doctor -- He was a genuinely nice relatively normal guy. $100 per monthly visit, no questions asked. No UAs, no counseling. He also ended up losing his license, pretty much due to his involvement with being pro-legal marijuana. That was the end of my suboxone "career"........

Personally, I prefer the cash only types -- they tend not not require much and don't do things to run up the bill (like UAs, counseling) which they can bill out to insurance.

GreenSpades
12-02-2013, 04:09 PM
My doctor was $200 at induction. $150 per appointment. One a week first month. One every two weeks second month. After that you "graduate" to monthly. With insurance it is only your usual copay.

At the pharmacy it is $8.50 per 8mg strip. You can get $50 off with a card from the suboxone website. With insurance I usually pay $0 to $30, depends on dosage and when I come in and crap.

My doctor is super strict about tapering down every two months. It goes from 24 to 16 to 8 to 4 to 3 to 2 to 1. Then he expects you to jump at one mg. On induction he gives you 4mg twice an hour apart to see if you get sick.

Umm other stuff is UA is unmonitored, he is okay with some things, but if you keep showing positive he will kick you out, especially if you show pos for opiates, that is a big no no. Not sure about benzos. Also, you must attend AA or NA or see a psychologist. He basically needs to see you're working a program, but he really doesn't give a shit. He is also a legit doctor.

greatschism
12-03-2013, 09:44 PM
Right now I am doing an IOP program and am going to the sub clinic. I have no payment, bcbs has covered all my treatment. The nurse takes vitals then i take a UA and see the doc. I can't take any other sched drugs. It's sorta strict but the doc is laid back and will give u whatever dose u need/want and doesn't force you to taper. As long as you pass the UA and go to the IOP groups your good.

bluish
12-03-2013, 11:44 PM
I'm in Canada so I GUESS it doesn't count, but for statistics sake...
My doctor visits are free, and my suboxone costs me about 10-12 bucks for 12mg, if you're on government insurance, you pay up to 86 dollars per month to RAMQ, and then after that's paid, any meds you get after are free that month. Without insurance it's about 30-32 dollars for 12mg, which would come out to about 950 dollars per month, phew...

925bayguy
12-04-2013, 12:59 AM
my doc costs me $65 off the books. I have insurance and have used it before for sub but it became such a hassle and the doctor was tough. The guy I go to now I go once a month shoot the shit for a half hour and get my script. My script costs me $0 dollars after insurance and the coupon for the strips.

FentanylBliss
12-12-2013, 12:05 AM
The first session cost me 300 and then the rest cost me 110 per 30min session. Only time he tested me was the first time I saw him and that was just to see what was in my system. He doesn't accept insurance so I have to get reciepts and send them to my health insurance company to be reimbursed. That I find real annoying but oh well.

At the pharmacy my 90 subutex cost me ten bucks which is very nice

monkey business
12-12-2013, 12:29 AM
I pay my psychiatrist $320/hour and I see her twice a month (each session is one hour). However, this isn't required; All she requires is a one hour initial consultation, and then a once-a-month visit for a half hour, or $160/month thereafter. The scripts are covered by my insurance so they are only $15/month, but out-of-pocket it would cost around $260 for 75 8mg generic Subutex.

TearsOfThePoppy
12-12-2013, 10:51 AM
I pay a fucking fortune for my bupe. Clinic fees-70 first week, 90/week after that no insurance. The script costs me 115 to get 15 8mg strips at the pharmacy. So pretty much its $200 a week, and I get 15 8 mg strips a week. However, the clinic is kinda cool cuz I can fail all the UAs I want, and of course I can't afford to go every week. I skip a week or two in between and just take 1/4 to 1/3 of a strip (8mg) a day...I'm prescribed 16 mg/a day but no way in hell anybody needs that much.

AllNightLong
12-26-2013, 02:00 PM
I've been to 3 sub docs in the past 6 years.

The first was $325 for the first appt. then a second appt. two weeks later. After that once a month until I moved out of state. Office visits were $85 of which I was reimbursed the full amount by insurance.

The second doc was the first one I could find in NC. It was $350 for the first appointment and had to see him every other month and the counselor on off months. The price was $120 per visit and had to pay out of pocket for uas at $100 each every other month. When I did see the doc it was for 5 fucking minutes after waiting in the waiting room for an hour and a half. If you had an appointment any time after one the fucking doctor didn't even get into the office until after three. Why the hell did they even schedule spots. before three?

My current doc which I've been going to for almost 4 years. Initial appt. was $275 and then once to twice a month after that. Insurance paid and only had to pay a $45 copay. Since I've been going so long I can pretty much choose when I go. They fax my refills to the pharmacy and don't really have to go but once a month at most. The only bad thing is they do a UA every visit no matter what but I don't have to pay for shit so I guess its cool except when I've been using before ;)

As far as prescription prices I've never had to pay more than $50. I started at 60 8mgs a month and am now down to 30 2 mgs a month and get those for free.

No Looking Back
12-26-2013, 07:28 PM
man compared to the rest of ya'll I got it fucking sweet.

I have Kaiser, so I only pay a $5 copay for a group meeting...only have to go once a month. Script is $10 a month. As of 1/1/14 my company is switching everyone to Blue Shield, and I have no clue what my costs will be. At least I was able to find a new sub doc that's accepting new patients.

HydroMoreFound
12-26-2013, 08:08 PM
man compared to the rest of ya'll I got it fucking sweet.

I have Kaiser, so I only pay a $5 copay for a group meeting...only have to go once a month. Script is $10 a month. As of 1/1/14 my company is switching everyone to Blue Shield, and I have no clue what my costs will be. At least I was able to find a new sub doc that's accepting new patients.

The blue cross/ blue shield plans vary a lot. I was on one plan that required something like a 20% copay after you met your $500 deductible. That added up to a lot of out-of-pocket expenses, when I was filling monthly oxy scripts that cost more than $1,000 each, before the ins. co. paid their portion. Then later I got on another plan, when I started working for another place. It was a much better deal, with a set $20 copay for office visits, set $5 copay for all generic drugs and set $15 copay for all name-brand drugs (you end up paying more than 20% for cheaper drugs, but it's more than worth it when you only have to pay a small set fee for extremely expensive drugs, like oxy, fent, and name-brand suboxone). For that second plan, the annual deductible didn't have to be met before they'd pay for doctor's visits and prescription drugs. It only had to be met before they'd pay for stuff like surgeries and expensive medical tests like MRIs, Cat Scans, etc.

Hopefully you get one of the plans that has low copays and deductibles.

No Looking Back
12-27-2013, 11:27 PM
I hope so too! I'm waiting to get the details so I can call this doctor I found to see if my insurance and them will be a relatively cheap match!

Locke
12-28-2013, 01:08 AM
I pay a fortune but it's all because of the fucking therapy I'm "required" to do. I cancel a lot of the time but if I do anything my doctor doesn't like she'll say "you have to _________ if you want to be on suboxone."

So with the monthly doctor visit and the therapy every other week (they won't even let me do therapy and the doctor visit in the same week so I have to go three times per month) it's like 800 a month after the insurance. $25 copay for the script, and the UAs are free. Nothing is tolerated. It's extremely strict and I have been repeatedly urged to break up with my girlfriend. "You have to be single if you want to be on suboxone." I'm probably going to move to Seattle, so I'd be interested to hear what it's like out there. If I had better insurance I'd have met my deductible by April, especially with all the other health problems I have.

All that said, I'm lucky to be at a clinic where the doctor(s) actually care about me and put time and effort into helping me in all aspects of my life, even when they're wrong. You have to take this shit seriously if you want to be on suboxone.

Narkotikon
12-28-2013, 01:37 AM
I pay a fortune but it's all because of the fucking therapy I'm "required" to do. I cancel a lot of the time but if I do anything my doctor doesn't like she'll say "you have to _________ if you want to be on suboxone."

So with the monthly doctor visit and the therapy every other week (they won't even let me do therapy and the doctor visit in the same week so I have to go three times per month) it's like 800 a month after the insurance. $25 copay for the script, and the UAs are free. Nothing is tolerated. It's extremely strict and I have been repeatedly urged to break up with my girlfriend. "You have to be single if you want to be on suboxone." I'm probably going to move to Seattle, so I'd be interested to hear what it's like out there. If I had better insurance I'd have met my deductible by April, especially with all the other health problems I have.

All that said, I'm lucky to be at a clinic where the doctor(s) actually care about me and put time and effort into helping me in all aspects of my life, even when they're wrong. You have to take this shit seriously if you want to be on suboxone.

That really sucks. I'm angry for you, simply for having to put up with that intimidation. That's like telling someone you MUST be currently using opiates in order to get Suboxone, even though the person has been on Subs before, and they haven't been using, and just want the Subs to maintain their sobriety and not go back to using. So the clinic will tell them "you have to be in w/d, you must be using." Okay, so you want them to go back to using in order to get a med to stop using? That is just fucked up and not even logical.

I understand the point of rules, and providing a regimen for people who stereotypically are very chaotic because of their use, but to cause MORE chaos in order to find stability is just fucking stupid. Be grateful they are where they are and work with what you have.

In essence, I think Sub doctors should be more flexible. I think at least 50% of them are just in it for the money, and the other half seems to think of Subs as just some means to an end--you're on Subs for X amount of time and that ='s SOBRIETY! YAY! Um, addiction ain't that logical or cookie-cutter. Everyone is going to be different.

And it also pisses me off because Subs aren't really even intended for detox purposes, although they certainly can be used that way. But the original intent was MAINTENANCE, which is individualized and can possibly mean a lifetime of taking Suboxone. What is so fucking terrible about that? God. Be thankful people are stable and taking their medicine and not using and not out there hurting themselves or others or doing stupid shit. Is it so horrible that they should require this medicine forever if they desire it?

But yeah, I really am sorry to hear that. I understand the whole "people in recovery should be single" philosophy, but to make it a requirement is absurd. Dump that idiot doctor fast. I swear, half of these idiots just do the minimum amount of addiction coursework required to be able to legally script Subs, then they just lay back and rake in the money to fund their summer homes or second BMW's or private school for their children. You're dealing with people and their lives here, don't you think you should, oh, I don't know, actually listen to them as individuals and quit making these black-and-white mandates that probably won't work and are also demeaning and possibly even detrimental to the person?

I hope you find a new doctor.

Locke
12-31-2013, 05:53 PM
But yeah, I really am sorry to hear that. I understand the whole "people in recovery should be single" philosophy, but to make it a requirement is absurd. Dump that idiot doctor fast. I swear, half of these idiots just do the minimum amount of addiction coursework required to be able to legally script Subs, then they just lay back and rake in the money to fund their summer homes or second BMW's or private school for their children. You're dealing with people and their lives here, don't you think you should, oh, I don't know, actually listen to them as individuals and quit making these black-and-white mandates that probably won't work and are also demeaning and possibly even detrimental to the person?

I hope you find a new doctor.

It made me mad for a really long time. I've been looking for new doctors, but I'm moving out of state this spring so I have just been telling her what she wants to hear and accumulating strips for what could be a month or two month wait to find a decent clinic. I actually can get a new doctor at the clinic I'm at now, but I'm paranoid that she'll retaliate against me by using the failed tests to get me booted if I make the switch. I have a contact who oversees the psych department and they said that everybody hates her and there is a long history of people complaining about overly harsh requirements. She makes people who have been on suboxone for years move into sober living! WHAT THE FUCK?! Sober living and suboxone don't match well. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge advocate for the AA community accepting suboxone maintenance, but right now you are automatically looked down upon and cast aside if you're on subs.

Lots of bullshit we all have to deal with. I've actually gotten some good responses from treatment facilities when I've talked to them about promoting long term bupe treatment to long term addicts, but the sober living people won't even have the conversation at all. If you ask me, those people are the most money hungry bunch in the whole sober lot. Take a person's deposit and rent and then kick them out for taking tylenol PM. Nice little con game they've got there.

BlueMagic
01-22-2014, 12:54 PM
My Bupe is $110 month, no UAs and benzos are kool as long as there prescribed.

Chiboxone
01-22-2014, 06:37 PM
I've had insurance the whole time. So doc visit copay of $25 (if the receptionist remembers) and $40 / month for the script. Without insurance, it'd run 200 for the 4 minute dr visit, and 300+ for my relatively low dose.

Opana
01-22-2014, 11:18 PM
My first doc was insurance except the drug tests were 50 bucks. It was once a month. I went there a year but they tried to take me off subutex and put me on strips so I quit going there.

Second doc was 350 first visit and 120 every month after that. They kept trying to lower my dose to fast though so I quit going there. Plus the doctor was a straight up dickhead. Basically legalized drug dealers.

My doctor now is the best one I've had. It's straight up just 120 a month from the beginning.

Mallinckrodt
01-24-2014, 08:08 PM
Intake was $300, $150 per after that. Once a month, get dropped every time. They charge $25 for the UAs, too, but only when receptionist remembers.

My insurance has some bullshit where they only pay for literally 6 bupe pills every 9 months. I have to pay the rest out-of-pocket. Comes to $288 and change at the Walmart pharm (only one that carries the generic Tec) for 45 8mg Tec and 30 70mg vyvanse w/insurance.

My insurance covers the vyvanse fine, pay like 66% of the cost. They just discriminate against sub and refuse to pay for more than the 6 pills/strips each 9 months.

The pharmacies in my area all up and decided they would't Carry any bupe products at all. Some pressure from the local DA (all started over an influential woman's daughter getting 'hooked on subutex' and almost dying) next thing you know all 5 pharmacies in my area just stopped carrying any bupe at all. Some pharmacists were 'scared of the clientele' and thought it was a 'drug ring' or some shit.

Shit's terrible here, I have to fill my scripts at that walmart like 250 miles away. Doc is 200+ miles away, too.

leefx
02-08-2014, 11:14 AM
$150 for the visit. $50 for a UA if he requires it (he required it for the induction visit and then it's sporadically after that... not every time).

The prescription is all up to my insurance... which is CVS/Caremark so they don't pay for Suboxone at all. It was like ~$300 for 30 8mg strips. So my doc switched me to this new formulation/brand called ZUBSOLV. Which is covered... now it's $120 for 30 5.7mg tablets (8mg Suboxone equivalent).

Zoops
02-08-2014, 11:32 AM
man, bottom line is this: Bupe docs are waaay all over the map insofar as their policies, prices, and what they'll prescribe.

My doc is in Alexandria VA, and he charges $90 a session, once a month (you can get him to call in something for you for $15 - I haven't tested him yet; maybe I'll ask for some Sonatas next time - those are pretty sweet).

Anyway, I pay out of pocket for everything. I USED to have a super-sweet fedrawl gubmint employee ins. plan, but no more. I 'm kind of glad I'm not on any insurance company's radar right now, because the day is coming when anyone who has (hopefully just current) insurance records or PMP records with the state for controlled substances, SSRIs, methadone maintenance, whatever, THEY 'GONE TAKE YOUR GUUUUNS, PEOPLE@%&$(!

Anyways, I am down to 2-3mg a day, sometimes 2.5, sometimes 2, sometimes as high as 3. Depends on how much I have in supply. I pay $33 and some change for 2 of the 12mg films, which lasts me about 8-12 days.

Anybody on 8mg films who pays out of pocket ought to try and get their doc to switch them to 12mg's, as they are only slightly more expensive (not 50% more) than the 8mg films.

And you can cut them up so many more different ways than an 8mg.

I take usually half my dose for the day in the morning, another half in the afternoon before work (so I can get in the correct 'head space' - albeit subconsciously - for work).

Mallinckrodt
02-08-2014, 12:05 PM
$150 for the visit. $50 for a UA if he requires it (he required it for the induction visit and then it's sporadically after that... not every time).

The prescription is all up to my insurance... which is CVS/Caremark so they don't pay for Suboxone at all. It was like ~$300 for 30 8mg strips. So my doc switched me to this new formulation/brand called ZUBSOLV. Which is covered... now it's $120 for 30 5.7mg tablets (8mg Suboxone equivalent).

A bit off topic but, how do you like that ZUBSOLV shit? I Have yet to see it anywhere but have a feeling the pharma pushers will get in the local MD's heads/wallets soon enough and all we'll see is Zub scripts for a while.

If you take your dose sublingually, does it actually seem to equate to the higher sub/Tex dosage like they advertise?

I know one thing that sucks: For anyone taking their sub by any roa other than subl (iv, intranasal, etc.), the supposed superior subl bioavailability of Zub will not equate. People will basically be forced to taper if doctors script the Zub like they're supposed to, with dosages of actual buprenorphine being significantly lower.

(Edited for clarity.)

leefx
02-11-2014, 12:16 AM
A bit off topic but, how do you like that ZUBSOLV shit? I Have yet to see it anywhere but have a feeling the pharma pushers will get in the local MD's heads/wallets soon enough and all we'll see is Zub scripts for a while.

If you take your dose sublingually, does it actually seem to equate to the higher sub/Tex dosage like they advertise?

I know one thing that sucks: For anyone taking their sub by any roa other than subl (iv, intranasal, etc.), the supposed superior subl bioavailability of Zub will not equate. People will basically be forced to taper if doctors script the Zub like they're supposed to, with dosages of actual buprenorphine being significantly lower.

(Edited for clarity.)

I do take it sublingually so it works great for me. No noticeable difference between it and my normal Sub dose.

The first time I had heard of it was when I visited my doc and mentioned getting a new insurance provider.

Dutch
02-11-2014, 01:19 AM
MediCal pays for 100% of my Suboxone therapy.

Snak
02-11-2014, 03:11 AM
I do take it sublingually so it works great for me. No noticeable difference between it and my normal Sub dose.

The first time I had heard of it was when I visited my doc and mentioned getting a new insurance provider.

Damn man, your insurance covers your Zubsolv? Must be nice, lol.

Back in October when I first got on the Sub program, the doctor started me out on the 5.7MG Zub's because he said they were cheaper than the Suboxone films. At that time, it would have cost me something like $250-275 for #30 films a month without insurance, where as for #30 Zubsolvs, it only cost me $100. But the ONLY reason the price was so low, was because I had a coupon that took off $75 per FILL, rather than per month, how must coupons work. & when you first get on the program at my doctors office, he only writes you half you script at a time. So I was getting #15 tablets every two weeks. & it worked for me, for the most part. So I would end up paying $50.20 for #15 tablets, every two weeks. Then that coupon expired because the year ended, and I ended up paying over $300 for a months supply of the Zubs.

But now, I somehow got insurance again through my parents, which I still have no clue how that works, but I digress. Now I'm on the 8MG generic Suboxone tablets, and with prior authorization (which is a pain in the ass, btw) I can get #30 generic tablets for $35. MUCH better for me, lol.

So now my overall cost for being on Suboxone, along with going to the doctors is only $85. Because the office visit is only $50, and that's without insurance.