PDA

View Full Version : Impulsive IV Coke Use

Willie_The_Pimp
11-05-2013, 03:32 PM
Hello folks,

I would like to start off by saying I have used this site for a while, I just don't post much. I started smoking BTH at 19 and after a while turned to IV. Anyway, I am in my mid twenties and got into IV drug use at 20. Ended up banging BTH for a few years. I am currently on Methadone & have been clean from BTH for about a year. Tbh, I really don't have cravings for tar anymore. The only time I could see myself getting back into that is coming down off white.

Soooo, I am here today because I really want to stop using coke. About a month ago I banged Coke for the first time [I don't even know why].. Probably boredom, and found a good hook. The rush was killer, and since then I have been using it quite frequently, and it is very pure. 1-1.5g per day when I use. The only thing I really like about it is the rush, I really don't enjoy the tweaking afterwards. All I can think about after a shot is doing more, and I get very paranoid. This causes me to go through it fast. Im talking a shot every 5-20 mins after the first one. I think the reason I like it so much is because I have alot on my mind, and when that shit gets in me there is nothing but pure euphoria for those first couple mins. No anxiety, no guilt, just pure bliss. When I am all done I take some Klonopin and within a half hr it levels me out.

I really gotta stop, I am burning money. I hope there are others here who have gone through something similar. What did it take for you to stop? I feel like I am in a jet plane after that shot, and I don;t know what to do. It is just too good. I have to stop this, I know I have come close to seizures. I've come too far, to through it all away for a tiny rush. Any advice would be great. ;)

Happy Pillmore
11-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Man, i went through the same thing , shit the cravings still come, but is a sure fire way to end up dead.

I od'ed several times,would come to, and get back at it. The paranoia for me got so bad the needle was hardly out of my arm and i was hiding shit.

I also did it for the same reason,the few seconds of bliss and no thoughts,concerns,etc that the first minute or so gives you.

My advice, stop now if you want a decent life. I'm hoping you heed it.
Good luck.

40mgtoFreedom
11-05-2013, 05:58 PM
i got to the point where i was hiding in the shower, with my clothes on, with the lights off and a flashlight in my mouth, with the water running! oh lawd. you just gotta put it down somehow...... the fuckin paranoid shit i would do... then i got into iv ritialin and it was ALL bad.... i stopped going to that dr on my own volition, scared for my life. my heart goes out to you man. nothing says fear and loathing like iv coke

Count Zero
11-05-2013, 06:49 PM
It's such a crappy drug when you look at it objectively, snorting sucks, crack is well...crack and it sucks after a while too and I've never IVd it but I'm sure that sucks even more after a while. I've turned it down the last couple times it's been offered, which made me feel good (actually turning something down I know I don't like=progress) but if I'd had a pile of dope it might have been a different story. Still, as far as greatbuzz/crash ratio, coke is one of the worst, and the rush gets so much more fleeting everytime, ugh.

drugsforcats
11-05-2013, 07:45 PM
^^ What everyone else said. A few things to add. I think that IV coke and impulsive use kinda go hand in hand. Although, good for you exercising the willpower to give it a whole 5-20 minutes between rounds. I think for most it might be closer to 1-5 minutes. Haha. Paranoia, too, like everyone else has said is definitely part of the fun.

It's easy to justify, at first, since it isn't dope. But it quickly (in swims exp) turns into the same old shit pretty quick. Needing (under the pretense of wanting) to go out and score. It leads to way more holes in your arms, legs, etc. (compared to a dope habit).

As to the greater question of how to stop, I don't think tapering is going to be helpful (or even possible?). Probaby want to distance yourself from the connects, change your number, erase theirs, etc. In my opinion, an IV C habit leads to much quicker degradation of health than H. By far. It's pretty toxic. No comparison, really. I'm sure it's way worse for your heart. Eating gets pretty impossible and so on. Definitely will NOT help you stay healthy and off the bth in the long run. Like you mentioned, money starts to get scarce, too. Good luck!

Dr. McKay
11-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Hello folks,

I would like to start off by saying I have used this site for a while, I just don't post much. I started smoking BTH at 19 and after a while turned to IV. Anyway, I am in my mid twenties and got into IV drug use at 20. Ended up banging BTH for a few years. I am currently on Methadone & have been clean from BTH for about a year. Tbh, I really don't have cravings for tar anymore. The only time I could see myself getting back into that is coming down off white.

Soooo, I am here today because I really want to stop using coke. About a month ago I banged Coke for the first time [I don't even know why].. Probably boredom, and found a good hook. The rush was killer, and since then I have been using it quite frequently, and it is very pure. 1-1.5g per day when I use. The only thing I really like about it is the rush, I really don't enjoy the tweaking afterwards. All I can think about after a shot is doing more, and I get very paranoid. This causes me to go through it fast. Im talking a shot every 5-20 mins after the first one. I think the reason I like it so much is because I have alot on my mind, and when that shit gets in me there is nothing but pure euphoria for those first couple mins. No anxiety, no guilt, just pure bliss. When I am all done I take some Klonopin and within a half hr it levels me out.

I really gotta stop, I am burning money. I hope there are others here who have gone through something similar. What did it take for you to stop? I feel like I am in a jet plane after that shot, and I don;t know what to do. It is just too good. I have to stop this, I know I have come close to seizures. I've come too far, to through it all away for a tiny rush. Any advice would be great. ;)

Been there done that years ago!
I would buy 8 balls at a time and stay at home for a day just shooting coke over and over,.

Tio pace myself I would try to do things ion between shots.

But as soon as it started to wear off the horrible cravings would come big time.

The stuff just calls my name until I did it.

I did used to love the comedown by taking a bunch of xanax and a nice shot of oxycontin 160 mg !

I loved the lucid state of mind after that shot of oxy!

But I will never ever ever do a shot of coke again.

I spent hundreds of thousands of dollars . Lost a business and a house too.

I finally got back on my feet about 8 years later!

That IV coke will ruin you !

Chipper
11-05-2013, 11:34 PM
it promises too much and delivers paranoia instead.

being a local anaesthetic that doesn't give way to tolerance issues, it helps to keep anti-pychs on hand.

it's the one drug that i find myself trying to ignore and
it's ability to psychose it's users rapidly and
the high cost all makes it off-limits.

scary drug but a damn nice rush.

the narcopolitics also make it a weird drug.

if you offer, i would accept without craving more ... because it's rude to not accept ;)

at&t
11-06-2013, 04:57 AM
I recall very clearly something that Nick said back in 2006 or so before I was a member......

He was talking about one of his acquaintances who smoked crack telling him, when asked "Is it really that good."

"No. its not. not at all. But you just KNOW that the NEXT hit will be."

Coke sucks, man... put it down, and if you have to shoot something, shoot tar.... or if you have to be fucked up, ask them to go up a few mg on your pink poison, or get drunk, or...

No good answers here, but good luck.

I just wanted to share (yeah.. sorry, y'all.) Nick's little quip from 7 or so years in the past..... This place was then and is now an excellent site/forum.

Willie_The_Pimp
11-07-2013, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone. Each and every one is so helpful, and gives me hope.

I haven't done it since I posted this, but I am not gonna lie. It is definitely on my mind.

Happy - About hiding the stuff. Within 5 secs after I take the rig out everything is hidden, because I feel like all eyes are on me, & I can enjoy the rush more. I really do want to stop coke for good. Every time I do it I just want more, which leads to poor decisions with money.

40 - The funny [well, not so funny] part about this is I could see myself doing the same thing, if I had enough stuff. For me, I Would do the first couple shots in my room, than progress to the bathroom. I turn very stealth after the paranoia starts. For instance, tiptoeing around, checking my door is locked, peeping out the window to see if people are spying on me, obsessively making sure I hid everything till the next shot, having thoughts of the police busting the door in, etc. Also, good job kicking the Ritalin. I couldn't even imagine IVing that stuff.

Count - "Still, as far as greatbuzz/crash ratio, coke is one of the worst" Even sniffing it, years ago I would face the comedown w/o anything to help and I would literally go INSANE. I couldn't even imagine coming down w/o my benzos or booze. You are so right, every time I am finished I ask myself, "WHY DID I DO IT AGAIN?". I fucking hate the stuff and managed to stay away for years until I smoked it once and felt the first rush, which lead to IV. Good job turning it down.

Drugs - Everything you said is spot on. Compared to IV H, the tracks are so much worse. In less than a month I've got what would be about 6 months worth of H tracks. Also, used the same rigs more than a few times which I am very against. With every other drug I have IV'ed I have always used a new rig every time. In addition, there have been a few times after a day of use that my heart feels worn out and achy [hard to explain]. After a couple sober days, thinking about that really freaks me out. More reason to stop.

Dr. M - This post hit me pretty hard. I am sorry you lost all of that... WOW. I'm glad you managed to get back up though, that is the part that truly matters. I couldn't imagine the willpower it took to climb back up the ladder after that. RESPECT. Also, about pacing yourself shot to shot. I find that I can't do much but think about more after each shot. Literally, all I can do is sit and watch a screen. Staring at the clock waiting for the next.

Chipper - I have read/ seen many posts by you on this website, and it seems like you really know your shit. [No BS, you get to the point] I am not too familiar with anti-psychs but I will look into that, just in case I decide to hop in the jet plane again. The price in my area over the last 5 years has gone up like crazy, and the product has gotten worse. It was easy for me to ignore it, until I tried this new stuff. [shiny and flakey] I am now facing money issues, and my fam thinks somethings up.

at&t - I def. don't want to IV anything but you are prob right; tar would be better than white. The tracks are def. worse. Oh and not to mention missing a shot. HOLY SHIT. I have only missed a couple and one burned so bad and kept the crook of my arm red, bumpy, and numb for a while. That scared the shit outta me cause I have heard missing shots of white is terrible for the body. And the crackhead quote, that is real shit.

Well everyone, I am definitely more freaked out about doing it again. Seems like the negatives blow the positives off the fucking scale. Planning on going back to school and real life soon, and I know if I continue with this shit none of that will happen. Fuck coke, literally if I don't stop things will turn bad fast [Don't want to get into details]. Thank god for this website and 99& of the people here. All morning I have read about IV coke and why not to do it. This website along with you guys have really opened my eyes to the horrors of what will happen in the long run. Well, could be a short run.

I'll post again in a week or so. Peace.

Chipper
11-07-2013, 11:18 AM
if it helps, you may be lucky and find a doctor to write you Ritalin - it's used to wean coke fiends off.

i'd even go as far as to suggest using crystal/ice/d-meth which is cheaper and satiates longer.

... anything but cocaine.

i am sure that you will get tired of it soon enough. don't forget the opiates too ... they can distract you and hopefully interrupt the using cycle.

coke is just not value for money; to me, it's a thrill drug that's priced too high and can lead to cardiac problems to boot.

wishing you the strength ..

Bubbz
11-07-2013, 05:32 PM
i was in the same boat 9 months ago...when i got on methadone id rarly get opiates cuz it took a lot to break thro...so i was banging coke daily. i was the same... shot after shot after shot till my arms were fucked and im looking out my window every second.

Then im thinkn the car that pulled up is the cops....when it was my guy i called 30 mins earlier to drop off more coke

i havnt done anything but my methadone for 9 months and the only thing i really get bad cravings for is a fat shot of coke.

PriceofPills
11-08-2013, 12:10 AM
yah I can relate to you man.

Being on bupe for a long time has turned me into an IV coke and rock smokin fiend.

I'm sure it's similar being on 'done.

You know you're not gonna get a good opiate rush because you're on maintanance meds so you search for something else that will give you a good rush

reddragon3668
11-08-2013, 03:55 AM
Coke impulsive? You guys are pussies! Full of shit, I say! So you stick yourself like a pin cushion, hide from helicopters that are not there, put your kitty in the ice box and carry on conversations with African Violets??? A little reasonable paranoia and you guys lose your minds. Thankfully good coke is hard to find most places these days. Back in the mid 80s... now that shit would truly mind fuck you! At least, I'm told. Thankfully, I wasn't born till much later....

Roll with it is all I can say. Arm sticks that hit are way more fun than those that don't. Helicopters can be interesting to watch as long as they don't land in your living room (almost never happens, I'm pretty sure!) and just think how hilarious thawing out a frozen cat could be (pics please!)... Not to mention, plants can be great conversationlist and best of all, you'll rarely have to share your dope with them...well, there was that one time...but we won't discuss that. Hiding copious amounts of "nothing" can keep you occupied for days... I mean, who the fuck doesn't laugh when they find their sock & undie collection in some weird, way the fuck out there, place...three days later? You'll leave dope and rigs in plain sight (which can become lost too, regardless!) cause you're gonna need that shit REAL soon! but then destroy your cell phone, swear your mother is a futuristic terminator sent to kill coke fiends, all the while being convinced your neighbor's pitbull is flirting with you telepathically....Oh! for some reason you bury your pillow in the back yard... don't ask! It can all be some some funny shit in the end!

Sure glad I never fucked with it.... HEY! Opio just changed colors again. Fucking pigs!

Anyways, shut the fuck up, rig up, and be sure to chronicle your psychosis here for all to read, with pics, of course. That is, if your camera doesn't become an FBI listening device... least you'll have an excuse! We got some absolutely crazy fucks here who remain dead fucking sober, most of the time...

Lastly, my alternate older ego agrees with others. Leave it alone.....Save perhaps for periodic special occasions. It'll save the veins and cut out out the uncontrolled psychosis that I'm told is associated with chronic coke/IV use. Otherwise, party on! ;)

Benz
11-08-2013, 08:17 AM
Aye, sorry to hear you're in this situation mate, I've seen a LOT of people who were functioning heroin addicts for years fuck their lives up in spectacular fashion when they started using cocaine.

Don't underestimate methyphenidate (ritalin) either, it's a powerful drug in the needle. Only you can make the ultimate decision to stop but what you're going through at the moment is the honeymoon phase too.

Benz

reddragon3668
11-08-2013, 11:02 AM
Don't underestimate methyphenidate (ritalin) either, it's a powerful drug in the needle. .

Benz

wouldn't necessarily call it powerful regardless the RoA..., but compulsive as hell! I never stopped until I hit the end of the bottle, but that's me... and I consider myself the epitome of restraint....

Chipper
11-08-2013, 12:43 PM
save those injection sites for when you need them. Ha -- i should take my own advice !

you will tire of it sooner or later, if that's any consolation.

i did.

XxGanjaXXGOD
11-25-2013, 02:37 AM
happy pillmore and drugs for cats hit the nail on the head. Listen to what they are saying,I have been there too,it is quite the road to go down. My arms and hands have tons of trackmarks now. I quit in June(the 12th was my last overdose) and still have extreme cravings every single day. I have come close to relapsing but havent yet. I pretty much deleted all my numbers and quit cold turkey(meaning stop talking to everyone involved,etc),I dont think there is a way at all to taper or anything like that. Good Luck... Stay safe

ratgirldjh
11-25-2013, 10:33 AM
i hate coke.

however when i was on methadone coke was the only thing i could fee. i found myself smoking crack and IVing coke just to be able to feel something.

i think this is common. at my methadone clinic it was very common.

all i can say is that when i got off methadone i never went back to coke.

also be very careful. methadone kind of smoothes out the coke rush or buffers it/allows you to do more than usual without oding - and i've known several people who either went down on their methadone dose or got off methadone and then did a same size shot of coke or hit of crack that they were doing on methadone - and they oded.

one ended up in a coma for a week :(

be careful! try and find something else to do.

danny
11-25-2013, 01:22 PM
i hate coke.

however when i was on methadone coke was the only thing i could fee. i found myself smoking crack and IVing coke just to be able to feel something.

i think this is common. at my methadone clinic it was very common.

all i can say is that when i got off methadone i never went back to coke.

also be very careful. methadone kind of smoothes out the coke rush or buffers it/allows you to do more than usual without oding - and i've known several people who either went down on their methadone dose or got off methadone and then did a same size shot of coke or hit of crack that they were doing on methadone - and they oded.

one ended up in a coma for a week :(

be careful! try and find something else to do.

ratgirl can you not feel the gear? does the methadone block it in your opinion?

i know a lot people who were into gear get on a meth script and end up getting a rock habit as well...as for me the methadone never smoothed the diginess of the rock out quick enough...

fauxflavored
11-25-2013, 01:23 PM
i can't really empathize with your situation; never IV'd coke. snorted it from time to time, and have smoke rocks on a handful of occasions. but ive never really been the tweaking type. i like to slow things down, not speed them up. i know one thing though. once something used in the needle, its hard to bring it back out.

Willie_The_Pimp
11-27-2013, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the input folks.
I've managed to stay away since the first post. Def. seems like a big waste of money and veins.
That shit does not sound appealing at the moment.

jspilt
11-27-2013, 01:38 PM
IV coke, one of my all time favorites, and long time nemesis. From '92-'00, especially '97-'00, binge for a couple a three days, sleep for one, guilt trip for one, score, repeat. After a few years of absolutely wrecking my life and everything I came in contact with, the only way I was able to get out was to join the Army. I was pushing off the morning I got on a plane to go to basic, but you are so front loaded, and just balls to the wall going 100mph that it was actually pretty easy to get through. Now I only grab a couple 20's of hard, or a dime of some wicked good powder every once in a while, and do a blast/shot with my chiva.

ratgirldjh
11-27-2013, 02:17 PM
ratgirl can you not feel the gear? does the methadone block it in your opinion?

i know a lot people who were into gear get on a meth script and end up getting a rock habit as well...as for me the methadone never smoothed the diginess of the rock out quick enough...

when i was on 80 - 100 mg of methadone i could not feel H at all. it was a waste of time. tried it several times and gave up and went on to coke since i could feel it.

i did know quite a few people who even at high doses managed to have both an H habit and coke as well as their daily methadone dose! some of them would get sick if they didn't do both the H and the methadone. too much worry for me!

i did sometimes trade my take homes for H - but only if it was like 1/2 gram or more. believe it or not back then (almost 20 yrs ago!) methadone would sell (or trade) for $1.00/mg!!! now i've heard people sell their takes homes regardless of size for $20.00!!! but people did that back then too - the right people paid more :D

danny
11-27-2013, 05:29 PM
when i was on 80 - 100 mg of methadone i could not feel H at all. it was a waste of time. tried it several times and gave up and went on to coke since i could feel it.

i did know quite a few people who even at high doses managed to have both an H habit and coke as well as their daily methadone dose! some of them would get sick if they didn't do both the H and the methadone. too much worry for me!

i did sometimes trade my take homes for H - but only if it was like 1/2 gram or more. believe it or not back then (almost 20 yrs ago!) methadone would sell (or trade) for $1.00/mg!!! now i've heard people sell their takes homes regardless of size for $20.00!!! but people did that back then too - the right people paid more :D

see i dont think ive ever been on what they call a 'blocking' dose of methadone...i accept the euphoria lessens and the sedation grows the higher the dose of methadone but i can always feel the gear...

$1 per mg! that is wild! its 5 for 50mg here if youre lucky, 5 for 100mg is more usual...

duck
11-27-2013, 05:43 PM
see i dont think ive ever been on what they call a 'blocking' dose of methadone...i accept the euphoria lessens and the sedation grows the higher the dose of methadone but i can always feel the gear...

$1 per mg! that is wild! its 5 for 50mg here if youre lucky, 5 for 100mg is more usual...

Damn that is very cheap. Around here the going rate is $20 for 40mg.

I very much experienced the blocking effects, especially over 100mg.

quzyke
11-27-2013, 08:47 PM
When I buy coke along with my dope, I'll be shooting speedballs when I get home back from copping to back to back to back, until I run out. I'll sometimes be at 30+ shots before I do, and then when I run out and crash I'll feel extreme craving and paranoia along with the general crappy feeling of crashing, try to shoot every white crumble I find on the table or ground, then finally go watch tv in bed and end up passing out for the night when the coke clears my system and the dope takes over. I truly lose all control when speedballing/shooting cocaine, it's extremely addictive.

Also I am on 120mg of methadone and I can feel every shot and even tinfoil smoke of dope on top of it, and also experience the "withdrawal even with methadone" if I don't use on top of my daily dose after relapsing and using on top of my methadone for over 3 days. It's strange, on 104mg I felt a blocking effect, then on 112 it went away again and now on 120 it's still gone. Didn't feel any on 96mg or any doses before that either. Methadone is strange.

IV League
12-11-2013, 09:24 AM
Good luck man. I had to get locked up to stop the coke. Never really liked it till i tried it iv. Hope you dont have to do the same.

zystyl
12-11-2013, 11:20 AM
I didn't know there was such a thing as NON-impulsive coke use.