PDA

View Full Version : Actavis Launches Generic Version of OpanaŽ ER Sept-12-13

zachleez
09-12-2013, 11:33 PM
looks as though we might be getting some better ER generics now, more so than even the IMPAX these might even be octagon shaped who knows! cannot wait!

Actavis Launches Generic Version of OpanaŽ ER
PARSIPPANY, N.J., Sept. 12, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Actavis, Inc. (NYSE: ACT) today announced that it has launched Oxymorphone Hydrochloride Extended-release Tablets, 5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg, 30 mg and 40 mg.

Actavis' ANDA product is the generic equivalent to the previously marketed formulation of Endo Health Solutions' OpanaŽ ER, which was voluntarily withdrawn from sale in 2012. Actavis previously received approval for, and is currently marketing, Oxymorphone Hydrochloride Extended-release Tablets 7.5 mg and 15 mg. Actavis is currently a defendant in a lawsuit filed by Endo alleging that Actavis' Oxymorphone Hydrochloride Extended-release product infringes certain of Endo's patents.

OpanaŽ ER is an opioid agonist indicated for the relief of moderate to severe pain in patients requiring continuous around-the-clock opioid treatment for an extended period of time.

About Actavis

Actavis, Inc. (NYSE: ACT) is a global, integrated specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing, manufacturing and distributing generic, brand and biosimilar products. Actavis has global headquarters in Parsippany, New Jersey, USA.

Operating as Actavis Pharma, Actavis markets generic, branded generic, legacy brands and Over-the-Counter (OTC) products in more than 60 countries. Actavis Specialty Brands is Actavis' global branded specialty pharmaceutical business focused in the Urology and Women's Health therapeutic categories. Actavis Specialty Brands also has a portfolio of five biosimilar products in development in Women's Health and Oncology. Actavis Global Operations has more than 30 manufacturing and distribution facilities around the world, and includes Anda, Inc., a U.S. pharmaceutical product distributor.

For press release and other company information, visit Actavis' Web site at http://www.actavis.com.

Forward-Looking Statement

Statements contained in this press release that refer to non-historical facts are forward-looking statements that reflect Actavis' current perspective of existing information as of the date of this release. It is important to note that Actavis' goals and expectations are not predictions of actual performance. Actual results may differ materially from Actavis' current expectations depending upon a number of factors, risks and uncertainties affecting Actavis' business. These factors include, among others, the difficulty of predicting the timing and outcome of the pending patent litigation and the possibility that an adverse outcome in such litigation could render Actavis liable for substantial damages; the impact of competitive products and pricing; the timing and success of product launches; difficulties or delays in manufacturing; the availability and pricing of third party sourced products and materials; successful compliance with FDA and other governmental regulations applicable to Actavis and its third party manufacturers' facilities, products and/or businesses; changes in the laws and regulations, including Medicare and Medicaid, affecting among other things, pricing and reimbursement of pharmaceutical products; and such other risks and uncertainties detailed in Actavis' periodic public filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including but not limited to Actavis' Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q for the quarter ended June 30, 2013 and Actavis' Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2012. Except as expressly required by law, Actavis disclaims any intent or obligation to update these forward-looking statements.

OpanaŽ is a registered trademark of Endo Pharmaceuticals, Inc.

CONTACTS: Investors:
Lisa DeFrancesco
(862) 261-7152

Media:
Charlie Mayr
(862) 261-8030

(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130124/NY47381LOGO )

SOURCE Actavis, Inc.

PriceofPills
09-13-2013, 12:17 AM
i have yet to see any brand of these new opana er generics hit the street.

im starting to think you all are bullshitting

a mass hoax perpetrated by Dr McKay perhaps

Dr. McKay
09-13-2013, 01:37 AM
Ha Ha!!!
ROTFLMAO!!!
As far what they will look like:
I bet they will be similar to the half moon ones they currently have out in the 7.5 and 15 mg strengths.

I am hoping they redo them to make them different though.

I personally never have had the half moon looking tabs.

I heard they have something in them that dries your nasal cavity out ???

We wil see..

LolRJ
09-13-2013, 10:15 AM
Can't wait to see some of these back around, opana that can be used effectively...ahh. I miss that.

Opana
09-13-2013, 03:21 PM
The moons didnt dry out my nasal cavity. I've only tried them once though...I've still yet to see any Impax opanas. But the more generics that come out the better...hopefully it starts popping back up again...I'd love to start chipping on the weekends. Being 14 months clean gets so boring...

CaliMoon
09-13-2013, 08:55 PM
So I just happened to look at Actavis website to determine if the NDC number is available, they are. Who want's to be the guinea pig and try the 40mg and compare them to Global/Impax generics? Well.....any takers? :rolleyes:

http://www.actavis.com/en/Products/SearchProductResults.htm?search_criteria=Oxymorpho ne

Dr. McKay
09-15-2013, 02:36 PM
So I just happened to look at Actavis website to determine if the NDC number is available, they are. Who want's to be the guinea pig and try the 40mg and compare them to Global/Impax generics? Well.....any takers? :rolleyes:

http://www.actavis.com/en/Products/SearchProductResults.htm?search_criteria=Oxymorpho ne

Ummm sure but how am I going to get the activis tabs?

Kapable
09-16-2013, 12:56 PM
Been taking the "half moon" 15mg for over a year! No it does not dry out my nasal cavity but, I mix it a lot with the 10mg pink generic IR's. Throw 'em both in the crusher 'til it is a nice light pink and ta-da it is sniff ready!
I would, however, love to have a generic 30mg that is reliable. Less filler is always welcome! I have stuck with two 15mg tabs because the pharmacy has reliably been able to keep them in stock and they can not vouch for a different mg(according to them).

Dr. McKay
09-16-2013, 01:48 PM
Been taking the "half moon" 15mg for over a year! No it does not dry out my nasal cavity but, I mix it a lot with the 10mg pink generic IR's. Throw 'em both in the crusher 'til it is a nice light pink and ta-da it is sniff ready!
I would, however, love to have a generic 30mg that is reliable. Less filler is always welcome! I have stuck with two 15mg tabs because the pharmacy has reliably been able to keep them in stock and they can not vouch for a different mg(according to them).
I can vouch for the higher dose impact/global higher dose oxymorphone ER tabs.
I have been getting the 40 mg tabs consistantly since they came out early this year.

Every time I bring my script in they have em for me ready to go.

Then again I am probably the only person getting them at my pharmacy so they have all month to get em and keep
them in stock for me.

That is one of the benifits of going to the same pharmacy every month.

HaZe_X
09-16-2013, 05:46 PM
Wanted to ask this...

My Insurance just ran out and Im kinda fucked for meds, 150roxys I can afford; However its the Oxymorphone ER I cant.

What are you all doing that don't have insurance? For #45 40MG its $497!, I can't pay that every 2weeks. And my refill is coming up in 4 days I don't know what the fuck to do..

Guys/Gals any advice you all can give?

IM NOT ASKING FOR $$$$...Dont get that idea with all those threads as of late.

Edit: Should I start my own thread so I don't derail this one?

Opana
09-16-2013, 05:54 PM
If you can change pharmacies meds are a lot cheaper at Costco and Sam clubs, even some mom and pop places rather than a big chain like Walgreens, cvs, Walmart, etc. Worth a try anyways...I know it won't be like a drastic difference since these opanas even though generic they know their the only good kind around so they can charge more. Maybe look into prescription coupons? Good luck dude.

Dr. McKay
09-16-2013, 06:59 PM
Wanted to ask this...

My Insurance just ran out and Im kinda fucked for meds, 150roxys I can afford; However its the Oxymorphone ER I cant.

What are you all doing that don't have insurance? For #45 40MG its $497!, I can't pay that every 2weeks. And my refill is coming up in 4 days I don't know what the fuck to do..

Guys/Gals any advice you all can give?

IM NOT ASKING FOR $$$$...Dont get that idea with all those threads as of late.

Edit: Should I start my own thread so I don't derail this one?

Go online and get one of those discount cards.
Most of them are free and can save you quite a bit of money

Also that price you got quoted seems a bit high.
I have insurance but the price on the paperwork says they are a little under $9 a pill for the 40 mg tabs.
So that should cost under $400 for #45 tabs.

--- auto merge ---

Which manufacturer makes the generic oxymorphone 10 mg that you get?

CaliMoon
09-16-2013, 09:47 PM
I paid $655 for my 60 - 40mg at a mom & pop pharmacy. That equates to $10.92 per pill, but I agree with Dr. McKay. You'll save allot if you go online and get yourself a discount card.

Have you considered dumping the Roxy's in place of getting your Oxymorphone ER. Even if you sniffed the Globals, they should provide you with about 9-hours of pretty good pain relief. Since you're taking you 40mg TID, that would seem like a good option for you.

Good luck,

--- auto merge ---

I can vouch for the higher dose impact/global higher dose oxymorphone ER tabs.
I have been getting the 40 mg tabs consistantly since they came out early this year.

Every time I bring my script in they have em for me ready to go.

Then again I am probably the only person getting them at my pharmacy so they have all month to get em and keep
them in stock for me.

That is one of the benifits of going to the same pharmacy every month.

I agree with McKay again! My 40mg Global's have been a gift from heaven since they came out. I always recommend to my CPP friends to stick with a single pharmacy for their CII's. I'm the only person that gets my Oxymorphone ER along with my 180-A215's from my pharmacy. My pharmacist was even cute enough to place my refills in a small basket with my name on it. Now that's service! :)

Kapable
09-17-2013, 12:09 PM
My 10 mg "pink" IRs say "KVK tech" as manufacturer on the bottle. I stick with one small pharm and they have served me well!
Maybe I will see about getting the 30s in generic next round instead of the two 15's. I just have had no trouble keeping the 15's in stock. I will just have to take my chances and see what the pharm says!

Dr. McKay
09-17-2013, 11:13 PM
My 10 mg "pink" IRs say "KVK tech" as manufacturer on the bottle. I stick with one small pharm and they have served me well!
Maybe I will see about getting the 30s in generic next round instead of the two 15's. I just have had no trouble keeping the 15's in stock. I will just have to take my chances and see what the pharm says!
i've been wanting to try the KVK oxymorphones for a while now.

My pharmacy can only get the flat oblong pink tabs made by TEVA.
They are actually pretty damn giood. Way better tha those piece of crap Roxanne tabs. They have a 02 on 1 side and a 93 on the other.
They seem to have a lot less powder than the brand name ones by Endo.

I have asked my pharrmacist if he could order the "KVK" tabs , but he said his warehouse only has the TEVAs>
oH WELL AT LEAST i CAN GET THOSE.

mgk71082
09-18-2013, 01:34 PM
i've been wanting to try the KVK oxymorphones for a while now.

My pharmacy can only get the flat oblong pink tabs made by TEVA.
They are actually pretty damn giood. Way better tha those piece of crap Roxanne tabs. They have a 02 on 1 side and a 93 on the other.
They seem to have a lot less powder than the brand name ones by Endo.

I have asked my pharrmacist if he could order the "KVK" tabs , but he said his warehouse only has the TEVAs>
oH WELL AT LEAST i CAN GET THOSE.

Amen to that Dr McKay! I had those "Roxannes" this past month and they were horrible !!!
although better than nothing. I tried crushing one in a bill going down the road lol and
it took the ink off of the bill. Hard little Fuckers lmao
They suck to the back of your throat and gag the shit out of you.

My pharmacist told me he could get the kvk tech kind for me this month.
ohh and my first time going a around with the OxyM withdrawls too.
Holy shit it sucks baddd!!!

antidepressing
09-18-2013, 03:07 PM
I have yet to see any generic Opanas hit the open air market in the SF Tenderloin. I'm sure they are available through some dealers and phone connects but few have crossed my way over the years. A while back there was a small supply on the street of the new nasty convex 40s (the only kind I had a chance to try!) and a couple years ago you could occasionally find the polygonal 40's for as little as $20-$25. Would be fun to see these!

HaZe_X
09-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Hey all...

First of all thanks for all the advice!

Just wanted to update on my insurance problem and hopefully save you all some $$...

On my last RX for Oxymorphone ER (Global Pharms) I paid rite-aid $497 cash for #45 40MG tabs. I been searching for online discounts and came access GoodRX.com. #45 40MG tabs through rite-aid on the website says I should pay $263.95. Well I just brought that to my pharmacy to try and get some cash back from the last time I paid in full; wouldn't you know they honored that price! and will do in the future!

I just got to check CVS now because its even cheaper there, $181.

http://www.goodrx.com/oxymorphone-er/price ...Hopefully that will help some of you out as it did with me.

BaalIsYourLord
09-18-2013, 05:23 PM
I have yet to see any generic Opanas hit the open air market in the SF Tenderloin. I'm sure they are available through some dealers and phone connects but few have crossed my way over the years. A while back there was a small supply on the street of the new nasty convex 40s (the only kind I had a chance to try!) and a couple years ago you could occasionally find the polygonal 40's for as little as $20-$25. Would be fun to see these!

The nasty convex ones arnt impossible to beat. You grind them down with a dremle and from there the tek is similar to the iso extraction method with one important difference, the magic solvent is anhydrous ethanol (which is not easy to come by) If necessary I can give more detailed instructions.

PriceofPills
09-18-2013, 06:25 PM
The nasty convex ones arnt impossible to beat. You grind them down with a dremle and from there the tek is similar to the iso extraction method with one important difference, the magic solvent is anhydrous ethanol (which is not easy to come by) If necessary I can give more detailed instructions.

when it comes to the point where power tools and toxic chemicals have to be used Id rather just go buy heroin.

the oxyM rush is good. but worth all that?

heroin'll do, thank you

BaalIsYourLord
09-18-2013, 07:01 PM
When you live in a town with no heroin, your viewpoint on these kind of things can change drastically.

PriceofPills
09-18-2013, 07:28 PM
When you live in a town with no heroin, your viewpoint on these kind of things can change drastically.

A town without heroin!?!?

We cant have that. Not in America.

Give me your address and I will get in touch with my cartel friends.

We'll remedy this situation at once.

Dr. McKay
09-18-2013, 07:32 PM
Hey all...

Just wanted to update on my insurance problem and hopefully save you all some $$...

On my last RX for Oxymorphone ER (Global Pharms) I paid rite-aid $497 cash for #45 40MG tabs. I been searching for online discounts and came access GoodRX.com. #45 40MG tabs through rite-aid on the website says I should pay $263.95. Well I just brought that to my pharmacy to try and get some cash back from the last time I paid in full; wouldn't you know they honored that price! and will do in the future!

http://www.goodrx.com/oxymorphone-er/price ...Hopefully that will help some of you out as it did with me.
Good luck getting CVS to sell you #45 Opana (generic) 40's for under $200.
I am pretty sure that price s even below their wholesale cost.

Let us know if you get them for that price.

BaalIsYourLord
09-18-2013, 07:43 PM
A town without heroin!?!?

We cant have that. Not in America.

Give me your address and I will get in touch with my cartel friends.

We'll remedy this situation at once.

Yeah, the pill mills ran smack out of buisness here, but now that he pill mills have been shut down it's bound to come back if it hasn't already. I'm out of the loop right now because I have to stay clean to get my daughter back, but when I was using it was nowhere to be found.

Dr. McKay
09-18-2013, 08:25 PM
Yeah, the pill mills ran smack out of buisness here, but now that he pill mills have been shut down it's bound to come back if it hasn't already. I'm out of the loop right now because I have to stay clean to get my daughter back, but when I was using it was nowhere to be found.
I will second this!
There is no heroin in west central Florida!
I know its in Orlando but not around here.

There may be some around but it is definately kept on the down low.

antidepressing
09-18-2013, 10:18 PM

Thanks BIYL, if I come across those "nasty convexies" I might inquire for more detail. I've yet to apply such a power grinding tool to my opiate use. I did grind one down on a cheese grater for plugging. Damn that stuff is like fiber.

Also, I am in the big city of San Francisco and for some insane unspeakable reason we have a terrible shortage of quality Heroin here! Most of the BTH on the streets ranges from absolute crud to decent, but does not compare dollar-wise to quality pharms in my experience. Also I have managed to avoid the needle so my experience with H and pharms is limited to oral, nasal, and plugging. "Anal" hehe =P

ONE TIME ONLY did I manage to come across some great BTH that truly was "from Oakland" and a small dose plugged gave me a better effect than I have had with any other pharm opiate dose. I'm sure there are decent phone connects to be had, but seriously, last time a buddy of mine who is a professional thief to support his $300/day Heroin habit kicked me down about a dub of his quality phone connect Chiva it gave me less joy plugged than reasonable doses of many pharms would have. It's insane about Heroin in San Francisco. They say Oakland has much better Heroin on the open air market but though I have hit the SF market for well over half a decade I have yet to hit Oakland. Unless I move to H and surrender my life I might as well not bother now...

But yes... Opana!!! ;D

HaZe_X
09-20-2013, 06:24 PM
Good luck getting CVS to sell you #45 Opana (generic) 40's for under $200.
I am pretty sure that price s even below their wholesale cost.

Let us know if you get them for that price.

CVS did honor the price of $184..They said they would continue that price without an issue also...Im just as surprised as you!

Dr. McKay
09-20-2013, 10:33 PM
CVS did honor the price of $184..They said they would continue that price without an issue also...Im just as surprised as you!

That is great.
You are getting them aT about 50%off.
Great job.

CaliMoon
09-22-2013, 01:34 AM

That's awesome! Who did you bribe to get that price? :D

HaZe_X
09-22-2013, 02:53 PM
That's awesome! Who did you bribe to get that price? :D

No one :) lol...I just walked into a random CVS that I've been at before and gave them my RX and asked for the price with the discount card...The price they gave me is dead on with what the website said. Im pretty lucky also, I would have been fucked if I didn't find a discount. When I had the insurance I was only paying $75 less than CVS's price, so not too shabby..

BTW can anyone find a picture of Actavis's OxyM? I know the imprint is "230" and their half moon like the 15's and their said to be yellow.

zachleez
09-23-2013, 11:48 PM
I will be getting them filled on the 25th I believe, I have asked they order the 10 mg actavis ER ones. I will be taking a few pics and writing a review, I just hope walgreens comes through and does not give me more BS, the pharm D was very helpful and friendly and said it would be no issue...

HaZe_X
09-26-2013, 04:32 PM
I will be getting them filled on the 25th I believe, I have asked they order the 10 mg actavis ER ones. I will be taking a few pics and writing a review, I just hope walgreens comes through and does not give me more BS, the pharm D was very helpful and friendly and said it would be no issue...

Did you happen to get your RX?

Dr. McKay
09-27-2013, 12:34 AM
I still find it very hard to believe that you can get 45 oxymorphone 40 mg tabs for under $200.

That must be at or below cost for the pharmacy.

I would not be surprised that a pharmacist would let you use that coupon since it is nit s manufactures coupon so they wont get any type of reimbursement tot taking yhr coupon.

Maybe if you can get s pharmacy tech to run it through you might get lucky.

Layne
09-27-2013, 08:53 AM
Yeah that seems real cheap. I had a coupon for 90 of the IRs for 161, which is really cheap compared to the standard price.

CaliMoon
09-30-2013, 09:20 PM
I still find it very hard to believe that you can get 45 oxymorphone 40 mg tabs for under $200.

I would not be surprised that a pharmacist would let you use that coupon since it is nit s manufactures coupon so they wont get any type of reimbursement tot taking yhr coupon.

Again I agree with Dr McKay -

Probably you can score them for probably $400 but anything below $200 is still hard to believe.

Hey Doc, did you have a chance to test the Actavis Oxymorphone ER? ;)

Dr. McKay
10-01-2013, 12:16 AM
Again I agree with Dr McKay -

Probably you can score them for probably $400 but anything below $200 is still hard to believe.

Hey Doc, did you have a chance to test the Actavis Oxymorphone ER? ;)
I have yet to see the new actavis generics yet.
I do know the 40s are yellow just like the brand name ones are.

mgk71082
10-01-2013, 12:59 AM
I have had the 15mg actavis. They have a lot of powder. I was gonna try them in the 10mg but
My pharm already ordered the KVK tech for me so this month it will be the KVK 10 it's. Next
Month I'm gonna bump up to the 20's and I think I'll go with the global/impax oxyM's.
I wasn't impressed with the 15mg actavis tabs. They are just like the Roxane tabs except
Easier to crush and the actavis 15mg tabs made big jelly boogers in my nose which I was
Digging out for days.

I hope the higher strength tablets are different from the lower dosage tabs.
Still isn't a oxyM pill that compares to the old stop signs ;(. I discovered opana
Right before they took the stop signs off the market. Shit sucks lol

Dr. McKay
10-01-2013, 07:53 AM
I have had the 15mg actavis. They have a lot of powder. I was gonna try them in the 10mg but
My pharm already ordered the KVK tech for me so this month it will be the KVK 10 it's. Next
Month I'm gonna bump up to the 20's and I think I'll go with the global/impax oxyM's.
I wasn't impressed with the 15mg actavis tabs. They are just like the Roxane tabs except
Easier to crush and the actavis 15mg tabs made big jelly boogers in my nose which I was
Digging out for days.

I hope the higher strength tablets are different from the lower dosage tabs.
Still isn't a oxyM pill that compares to the old stop signs ;(. I discovered opana
Right before they took the stop signs off the market. Shit sucks lol

I was lucky enough to had been on Opana ER and the 10 mg IR brand name tabs for a good 4 years before they reformulated them.
I think the new brand name Opana TRF tabs are the worst.

But the impax / global type are excellent.

They will gel if dropped in water but they don't gel that much when sniffed.

As far as the generic IR tabs Roxanne are terrible. The Teva and KVK seem to be the best out right now.

oxymorphojuanadone
10-02-2013, 09:15 PM
i really hope they redo their oxymorphone pills and get rid of the half moon and start using the old school octagon shape; it would just make me smile to see a pill that resembled the original opanas. i STILL have dreams of coming across an original panda 40, and i wake up the next morning salivating. but odds are, they'll just use the half moon design and just increase the mg in the pills. what a pity.

i'm currently chillin' with 3 of the generic global brand oxymorphone 15s and i really can't say that i hate these. they're not really that difficult to IV, because they gel up, but not really if you use more water than you think you should and keep stirring the solution. you just have to be REALLY quick once the powder hits the water, but you can get a pretty good shot off. i'm snorting one, banging one and saving one for the morning. tonight is a goooood night. :)

Ravenous
10-02-2013, 10:09 PM
I have a question about opana and since a lot of the people who posted seem to be CPPs this seems like a good thread to ask this in. I'm happy with my Long acting med. I'm able to stay on a pretty low dose and they last all month with a few extras. However, I get roxis for BT pain and they suck. I think I've just built up too much of a tolerance too them. To be able to get them to work I would have to have my dosage of them tripled and I don't think my doc would do that in one go. Not to mention, sometimes they cause me to get headaches. My long acting med works really well most of the time so I don't have to take the roxi much but when I do it sucks for the reasons I mentioned.
TL: DR- Basically, my BT pain is not being treated well with the roxi and it can cause headaches.

So, I wanted to talk to my doc about switching my instant release medication. I was thinking that opana might be a good one to try. Has anyone taken the opana instant release for pain? I won't be injecting them or anything. So I need to know how they work for pain orally. I don't care about the high just pain relief. If you don't think those are good then can you reccomend any others besides Vicodin or morphine? Those aren't a good choice for me for other reasons. Thanks, I appreciate any help.

Jega
10-02-2013, 10:17 PM
Ketamine.

zachleez
10-02-2013, 10:35 PM
hands down the best med combo ever was back from 2007-2012 I had the Brown 30mg Octagonal Opana ER's 60 a month and 240 of the Pink Endo IR 10mg. They just help so so much with pain, I just love opana, More than anything, it is so unique in its empathetic and anti depressant qualities, I am a huge advocate for opana One time after surgery I requested the nurse Give me IV Oxymorphone aka Numorphan In the intensive care, it is so pure clean and enjoyable. This month i had to end up WITH the TRF ones which i hate and are depressing, but only can hope for next month, I to have dreams of finding a bunch in a drawer or somehting and wake uup feeling so empty LOL ALL HAIL MOTHER OPANA!! she is a beauty,

mgk71082
10-03-2013, 12:40 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else out there get like
Really amped up and excited the night before ur reup
Date lol!!! ������Ⓜ️Ⓜ️Ⓜ️Ⓜ️

JPOW
10-03-2013, 12:47 AM
Hey all...

I LOVE goodrx.com! I used it for all my meds when I didn't have prescription coverage. I never had a problem with a pharmacy not honoring the price that was quoted on their site or on the coupon. From what I understand, they enter the coupon number in as insurance and that is why there is never a problem with them being able to accept it. I didn't use it for opana bc I'm not scripted it, but I used it for both narcotic and non-narcotic medications. I have been referring a lot of friends and family to the site for about a year now and they've never had a problem either. It's great bc you can look up specific drugs by name, enter your zipcode and BOOM they list all the pharmacies in your area with quotes and you can find who has it the cheapest.

--- auto merge ---

Is it just me or does anyone else out there get like
Really amped up and excited the night before ur reup
Date lol!!! ������Ⓜ️Ⓜ️Ⓜ️Ⓜ️

oh def. it's like you're a little kid on christmas eve, unable to sleep bc you know santa is coming!

mgk71082
10-03-2013, 01:43 AM
Banana yea im like wide awake. My apt is at 11:45!!!
Woohoo!! Can't wait i get to try the kvk ir's!!!

Your right its just like when I was a kid on Christmas Eve!!
Thats the only dr apt i love going too. I hate going to the
Doctor and knowing ur siting there waiting and your
Gonna walk out with nothing. Pisses me off lol.
I think i love the narcos a wee bit too much hehe!! Ⓜ️

CaliMoon
10-03-2013, 09:01 PM
hands down the best med combo ever was back from 2007-2012 I had the Brown 30mg Octagonal Opana ER's 60 a month and 240 of the Pink Endo IR 10mg. They just help so so much with pain, I just love opana, More than anything, it is so unique in its empathetic and anti depressant qualities, I am a huge advocate for opana One time after surgery I requested the nurse Give me IV Oxymorphone aka Numorphan In the intensive care, it is so pure clean and enjoyable. This month i had to end up WITH the TRF ones which i hate and are depressing, but only can hope for next month, I to have dreams of finding a bunch in a drawer or somehting and wake uup feeling so empty LOL ALL HAIL MOTHER OPANA!! she is a beauty,

That's funny zachleez, maybe you should make a little statue of mother opana and pray before it. :)

Dr. McKay
10-04-2013, 12:05 AM
Has anyone looked on youtube and found the indian dance named "Opana " ?

I wonder if that is where Endo got the name for Opana ?

BTW Endo as a company from what I have been reading is in a world of shit right now.

They are cutting jobs biig time since they are loosing money like crazy right now.

Most of the drugs they eith hold a patent on or held one, is now facing lots of generic competition.

The whole Opana ER "TRF" change was one of their efforts to try to keep the money rolling in.

They must have lost a shit load of money reformulating Opana hoping to keep the generics off the market until 2023, but they sure bet wrong.

I wonder if the people who came up with that idea still has their job ?

Right now their ar 2 companies selling generic oxymorphone and their are at least 3 more coming later this year!

I read on a pharmacuetical rep website that Endo reps are super pissed off that pharmacists are letting people fill prescription for Opana ER with oxymorphone ER.

I find it a bit funny how they are chomping at the bit over this.

If they would have just let well enough alone they could still have their old formula on the market and not have wasted tons of money on the TRF pills . They would still have generics to compete with, but I am sure there are plenty of people that would prefer the brand name stop signs over the generics that are now out.

Opana
10-06-2013, 08:17 AM
Yeah it's funny lol. Their so stupid for doing that. I laugh at them. The only thing I like about is I wouldn't be 16 months clean if they didnt stop making them. And most likely woulda lost my long term gf in the process.

Mason_Dixon
10-06-2013, 08:21 PM
Do you guys look to see the generic opana coming back like when the first came onto the scene recently? Still haven't seen any but the new trf endos that suck. Wondering if drs. Are more like to prescribe oxym then oxy c ir. Maybe there is less of tabboo name for opana.

Opana
10-06-2013, 08:58 PM
I think opana is pretty much just as known as oxy now...at first docs were prescribing opana over oxy cause stigma...but now opana is just as well known...but with all these generics popping up this year...it won't be long till they start flooding the streets like Roxie's do.

Dr. McKay
10-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Do you guys look to see the generic opana coming back like when the first came onto the scene recently? Still haven't seen any but the new trf endos that suck. Wondering if drs. Are more like to prescribe oxym then oxy c ir. Maybe there is less of tabboo name for opana.

I think it depends on the particular doctor .
For example my doctor seems to think the generic oxymorphone are also made like the TRF pills.

All I had to do was tell my doc that there was a generic available that was cheaper but he had to write it as the generic name . He did not question anything and I have been on them since they have been out last spring.

Mason_Dixon
10-06-2013, 09:05 PM
I think opana is pretty much just as known as oxy now...at first docs were prescribing opana over oxy cause stigma...but now opana is just as well known...but with all these generics popping up this year...it won't be long till they start flooding the streets like Roxie's do.
That's more what I was refferring to is the stigma. But I believe the fact that the generics weren't blocked and are now hitting the markets are gonna re-amp the prescription drug epidemic in a big way.

--- auto merge ---

Don't get me wrong tho I'm excited to try these if I ever see them!

mgk71082
10-17-2013, 02:20 AM
I got ahold of a oxyM 15mg by global pharm yesterday and it seemed wayyyy stronger than the 10mg IR i get.
Has anyone else noticed the strength diff in the IR and ER by global? The global make me feel like the Old school
opanas and the IR's dont really do much for me when snorted....hmmmm...idk

HaZe_X
10-18-2013, 03:34 PM

Idk why its so hard for you guys to believe. Not trying to start a fight but why think I'm lying? Do I come off as a lier to you guys?

Heres my RX history for it today, just picked up...

Like I said...GoodRx.com saved me a TON of money and I wanted to share what I found with you all who have no insurance.

Dr. McKay
10-18-2013, 10:12 PM
Idk why its so hard for you guys to believe. Not trying to start a fight but why think I'm lying? Do I come off as a lier to you guys?

Heres my RX history for it today, just picked up...

Like I said...GoodRx.com saved me a TON of money and I wanted to share what I found with you all who have no insurance.

I totally believe you.

I bet that here in Florida no CVS would take that coupon.

Opana
10-19-2013, 08:39 AM
I got ahold of a oxyM 15mg by global pharm yesterday and it seemed wayyyy stronger than the 10mg IR i get.
Has anyone else noticed the strength diff in the IR and ER by global? The global make me feel like the Old school
opanas and the IR's dont really do much for me when snorted....hmmmm...idk

It's cause their different formulas...when I was doing the stop signs the ERs were WAY stronger snorted...the IRs were so weak snorted that I always shot them and I didnt even like needle much. I'd much rather have 10mgs ER snorted than 30-40 mg IR snorted. It's weird.

mgk71082
10-20-2013, 02:43 AM
ThAts very weird....seems the ir would be better than
The er. The 15mg er made my face numb and killed my
Pain so much better than two 10mg ir. They remind me
Of the og stops signs.

Gonna tell my doc to write 10mg oxymorphone er instead
Of just 10mg oxymorphone. I'm sure he would rather me
On er seeing docs think they are less abusable?

Guess I will see on the 31st!!!

theSWPK
10-20-2013, 03:14 AM
Ughh these are all the fuck over back home. All I've had for months is shitty vegas black. Ill check them out in about 20 hours.

What makes me angry is that I'm sick and driving back there from vegas, and ontop of the 18 hours I have of driving to do, I'm stuck outside Albuquerque because like four trucks decided to have a pile up across three lanes.

Dr. McKay
10-20-2013, 02:56 PM
ThAts very weird....seems the ir would be better than
The er. The 15mg er made my face numb and killed my
Pain so much better than two 10mg ir. They remind me
Of the og stops signs.

Gonna tell my doc to write 10mg oxymorphone er instead
Of just 10mg oxymorphone. I'm sure he would rather me
On er seeing docs think they are less abusable?

Guess I will see on the 31st!!!

Your face goes numb after doing oxymorphone?

That's odd.

So today I picked up my script, yo my surprise was half of my script were the ones by global /activis and the other half was the newer ones by actavis. What I like about the actavist is that there is no coating on them.

They have the crescent moon on them. They are supposed to be yellow but I think they are more tan than yello.
They are softer than the impax and the coloring goes all the way thtough

HaZe_X
10-20-2013, 03:57 PM
Can you post a picture of them? How do you like them compared to snorting (if you do) the Global?

Dr. McKay
10-20-2013, 08:32 PM
Can you post a picture of them? How do you like them compared to snorting (if you do) the Global?

i will try to figure out how to post a pic later, but they do seem to be little bit stronger possibly due to them not gelling up at all.
They definatly hit me a bit harder...Earlier after a dose I was eating dinner with my family and found it very hard to keep my eyes from drooping.
this very rarely happends to me with my normal dose of 40mg snifffed.

Opana
10-20-2013, 09:35 PM
That's awesome.

Dr. McKay
10-21-2013, 07:04 AM
here is the pic

jill
10-21-2013, 09:55 AM
I didn't read this whole thread, but why would you WANT a generic (A-B) equivalent of Opana ER with the TRF formula, when Actavis already makes a generic of 7.5 & 15 mg (referred to as the 'moons' or '262's) doses that are NOT A-B equivalent? Meaning they do NOT have any gelling properties or "safety mechanisms" in them?

For those those that use these pills in ways other than oral, this does NOT sound like a benefit to me.

I read post #61 and saw some difference, but is this A-B equivalent to the original? Do you have an NDC for it?

Biggavelli
10-21-2013, 10:23 AM
That's awesome.

Jesus Christ that's beautiful...too bad these came out literally just days before I got on maintenance. Oh well, I can wait for "summer vacation". But goddamn, Louisville is going to be a hot mess once again. The original stop signs were quite literally an epidemic here. I'd say 20% of the population was either buying or selling them.

Dr. McKay
10-21-2013, 01:23 PM
I didn't read this whole thread, but why would you WANT a generic (A-B) equivalent of Opana ER with the TRF formula, when Actavis already makes a generic of 7.5 & 15 mg (referred to as the 'moons' or '262's) doses that are NOT A-B equivalent? Meaning they do NOT have any gelling properties or "safety mechanisms" in them?

For those those that use these pills in ways other than oral, this does NOT sound like a benefit to me.

I read post #61 and saw some difference, but is this A-B equivalent to the original? Do you have an NDC for it?

Jill:
These are non A-B equivalant to Opana ER (TRF) , they are eqivalant to the original formula Opana ER that was discontunued by Endo
The NDC # for these are 00228-3230-11.

They actuallly say they "Compare to: Opana ERŽ" right on their website, but they do not say anything about their AB equivalency on the website unlike Global/Impax's website which clearly says their product is a therapeautic equivalant to Opana ER, not a direct A-B generic alternative.

CaliMoon
10-21-2013, 06:01 PM
i will try to figure out how to post a pic later, but they do seem to be little bit stronger possibly due to them not gelling up at all.
They definatly hit me a bit harder...Earlier after a dose I was eating dinner with my family and found it very hard to keep my eyes from drooping.
this very rarely happends to me with my normal dose of 40mg snifffed.

Doc, just to get this straight. You're saying that the half moons are stronger than the global's? I got to get my pharmacist to order these.

HaZe_X
10-21-2013, 06:17 PM
Doc, just to get this straight. You're saying that the half moons are stronger than the global's? I got to get my pharmacist to order these.

Pretty sure he means that the Actavis 40mg hit him a little harder than Global's 40mg since there is no coating on the Actavis branded OxyM.

This is exciting! Thanks for posting the picture Dr. Any other input? Do they Gel like Globals?

I can't wait to try these.

Dr. McKay
10-21-2013, 06:58 PM
I am still trying to decide which one I like better.
I do have both this month , so I will really try my best to see if there really is any difference.

Since the global/impax have a coating no matter how careful you are at shaving the coating off you are going to loose a smal amount of powder.
So in that respect you might get a extra milligram or 2 crushing up the new Actavis tabs .

For some reason it seems that about an hour or so after I take one of the Impax tabs I notice I start to nod a bit more than I do when I take the Globals.

It might just be in my head though.

I have not tried an extraction of the new Actavis tabs yet , so I am not sure if they are any different in that respect, but I am really trying not to do IV shots anymore.

If you do happen to do iso extraction of oxymorphone I have noticed that do not list that poly vinyl alcohol in the inactive ingredient list for the Actvis tabs.

That is the chemical that I think was causing the outbreak of people getting that blood disorder from injecting the new Opana ER (TRF).

jill
10-22-2013, 04:47 PM
Thanks for the clarification, Dr. McKay!

Dr. McKay
10-22-2013, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the clarification, Dr. McKay!

Jill:

have you been switched to one of the higher dosed generic oxymorphones yet ? Or are you still taking the 15 mg Actavis tabs ?

CaliMoon
10-22-2013, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the clarification Doc. My pharmacist already ordered by Global 40's for my next script. But she's totally cool with ordering the Actavis the next month. Can' wait, so excited! :D

Dr. McKay
10-22-2013, 09:25 PM
Thanks for the clarification Doc. My pharmacist already ordered by Global 40's for my next script. But she's totally cool with ordering the Actavis the next month. Can' wait, so excited! :D

Well after taking ( ala snififing) the Acatavis tab for 2 days now, I am sefinatly not liking the goop that I end up spitting up and blowing out of my nose.

It does seem a bit more sedating though. I think they dont taste that good either.

I definatly like the way the Global ones taste better.

The Actavis have a kid of strange taste and a little differnent consistancy of the powder.

Now what I would like to get is the KVK 10mg IR tabs instaed of the TEVAs I have been getting.

CaliMoon
10-23-2013, 05:27 PM
Well after taking ( ala snififing) the Acatavis tab for 2 days now, I am sefinatly not liking the goop that I end up spitting up and blowing out of my nose.

It does seem a bit more sedating though. I think they dont taste that good either.

I definatly like the way the Global ones taste better.

The Actavis have a kid of strange taste and a little differnent consistancy of the powder.

Now what I would like to get is the KVK 10mg IR tabs instaed of the TEVAs I have been getting.

Hey Doc,

Can you describe the taste that you're getting from Actavis? Also, are you coughing/sneezing constantly or just for the first hour or two?

Dr. McKay
10-23-2013, 06:19 PM
Hey Doc,

Can you describe the taste that you're getting from Actavis? Also, are you coughing/sneezing constantly or just for the first hour or two?

I'm not sneezing or coughing. I just get the usual loogeies (from the gelled oxymorphone) ..kind of like a nasal drip, then I just spit it out. If you swallow it , it just keeps coming back up.

The taste of the actavis is kind of hard to explain..you just have to taste it yourself.