PDA

View Full Version : Benzos before opiates make you a dull boy?

PantyShot9
11-26-2006, 02:18 PM
Lol sorry about the title. Anywayz for some odd reason if I take benzos before taking or banging opiates I either don't feel the opiates or hardly do. Does anyone else have this odd thing happen to them and does anyone know why?

moviebuff927
11-26-2006, 02:30 PM
Lol sorry about the title. Anywayz for some odd reason if I take benzos before taking or banging opiates I either don't feel the opiates or hardly do. Does anyone else have this odd thing happen to them and does anyone know why?

That's wierd. Everytime I take a benzo before banging or taking opiates, it potentiates the opiates a lot. Do you feel the benzos at all? I'd be careful doing this because the 2 times I overdosed and needed narcan, it was because I was stupid and took to many benzos and then took a normal amount of opiates. I was breathing 4 times a minute and my blood pressure was so low that I would have died within 30 minutes if someone hadn't found me. Benzos and opiates don't mix.

The reason I say this is because I don't want you to think you didn't take enough benzo and then take more and overdose. I can't stress this enough: if you don't know what you're doing, either do a lot of research or DON'T DO IT!

I hate to see someone die from a stupid mistake. And believe me it's a lot easier than you think...

Back on track, I've never had this happen. As I said before it potentiates the opiates which is good as long as you stay within boundaries and don't overdo it. I don't know why it seemed like they didn't work as well unless you took less than your normal dose of opiate.

PantyShot9
11-27-2006, 06:24 PM
That's wierd. Everytime I take a benzo before banging or taking opiates, it potentiates the opiates a lot. Do you feel the benzos at all? I'd be careful doing this because the 2 times I overdosed and needed narcan, it was because I was stupid and took to many benzos and then took a normal amount of opiates. I was breathing 4 times a minute and my blood pressure was so low that I would have died within 30 minutes if someone hadn't found me. Benzos and opiates don't mix.

The reason I say this is because I don't want you to think you didn't take enough benzo and then take more and overdose. I can't stress this enough: if you don't know what you're doing, either do a lot of research or DON'T DO IT!

I hate to see someone die from a stupid mistake. And believe me it's a lot easier than you think...

Back on track, I've never had this happen. As I said before it potentiates the opiates which is good as long as you stay within boundaries and don't overdo it. I don't know why it seemed like they didn't work as well unless you took less than your normal dose of opiate.

I take a little less of benzo than I usually do and the same amount of opiate. I feel the benzos it's almost like they overpower the opiates. If I take them at the same time it's cool.

Heroine
11-27-2006, 07:55 PM
Funny that you mention that, actually. I have always had the opposite experience...Generally if I take any benzo, within reasonable doses or course but still get off, and then take my usual opiates afterwards, the benzo tends to potentiate the crap out of my opiates. However, I do usually take a little less of the benzo when I am mixing it with my O than I would if I were just taking the benzo by itself.

If I take the benzos after my opiates have set in, however, that is when my opiates will get crushed every single time. They get overpowered and I will barely feel even horse amounts of opiates after that. I have to wait out the 6 hours for the benzos to totally wash away before I even think of piggy backing anymroe O or I will waste it and be left flustered. Perhaps it is an individual bodily response you respond diferently. Will look into that, very interesting.

Heroine
11-27-2006, 08:03 PM
You know it could depend on what opiate you are taking as well. I personally know that if I take something like Hydrocodone - which at this stage in the game I can't really get off properly on even with a low tolerance -it is very easily overpowered by Xanax especially, as I learned the hard way by wasting my O one night. I think the stronger your opiate, the more room you have to mess around with the benzos. Also, if you have a tolerance to benzos, or have been taking them consistently, they do build up in your system and if you continue to take them, that will remain even if you are not "high" at the moment. So that could be a factor as well, it depends on your personal usage. Valium has a very long half-life, for example. Keep that in mind too, I'm not sure what your personal usage or favorites are, just some food for thought, could be a factor in your troubling experience.

Hope you have better luck next time

edarrin
12-02-2006, 05:58 PM
Generaly makes me a very high individual. I guess it's personal preference and knowing your body.

sOfAKiNg
12-04-2006, 03:21 AM
I agree with moviebluff, i overdosed many times b4 taking to many benzos b4 bangin opiates. I think benzos deffinetly intensify opiates.

Hoss
12-04-2006, 03:30 AM
PantyShot - what benzo's are you combining with the ye olde opiates?

PantyShot9
12-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Either Xanax or Klonopin usually. But one time I took like 4 5 mg Valium (and take note I have a rather large benzo tolerance so wasn't that messed up just got a mild buzz which I thought would mix with..) and had 3 4mg Dilaudid. Now I was only gonna shoot 2 but when I did I got absolutely no rush and had no felling of nod or anything. I did feel it slightly tho. Well needless to say I banged another. I was nodding heavily a while later. Now that I think about maybe benzos before just make my rush less existant.

MorFinatic
12-15-2006, 04:30 PM
I love taking .5-1mg xanax 20 min. or so before my dose of suboxone. It potentiates it quite a bit. However, it seems to make my sub wear off a lot faster.