PDA

View Full Version : Using DXM to help with Opiate tolerance

insaneike
11-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Well, I remember hearing somewhere that low doses of DXM with your opiates can greatly reduce the amounts of opiates/oids you need to get desired effect... Anyone got any first hand exp on this? Like tkaing 50mg DXM with 80mg Oxy(with a tolerance), would that make the oxy more effective???

I also remember reading about someone(might have even been this forum) that had a script bottle of pills that were like 30mg DXM, 80mg Oxycodone in off-white colored capsules... It looked like an overseas script label thingy too?

ANY info on this would be great, as the dreaded opiate tolerance is a bitch that needs put in her place :p
As i remember like a year ago someone was telling me about it can helps enormously...

later

AWOL
11-26-2006, 01:18 PM
yeah, I can attest to that. I posted some citations to a few studies here http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=4065 Nothing too direct there, but information non the less.

If I were you i'd start low like you're talking, I'd probably start at around 50-75mg. If you don't notice anything at first bump it up 15mg. Use the gel-caps that are available pretty much anywhere Walmart, Walgreens etc. They're about $5 for 300mg and come in 15mg caps. You’re looking for the gelcaps with only DXM hbr as their active ingredient. If you use too much dxm you will start to get a stimulant effect from the DXM, but if you keep it low it will definitely potentate the opiates / help with tolerance.

If it's an everyday thing I'd keep the dose low like around 50-75mg, you will build a tolerance to DXM as well and will have to step it up a bit eventually. DXM will last quite a while, around 10hrs more or less as DXM hbr. However there is long acting DXM time release sort of thing called DXM polistirex that should extend the half life to something like 24hrs. If you were wanting this as sort of an everyday thing I'd try and find the DXM polistirex. That would be ideal. I use DXM hbr on the weekends to potentate the opiates, it works very well. If you keep the dose low enough it won’t introduce any of the DXM buzz into your opiate high, it will just help to potentate and reduce tolerance.

Just as sort of a disclaimer here to anyone who enjoys DXM a lot and is new to opiates, don't go downing 600mg's or 900mg's of DXM and then taking a bunch of opiates, it's very dangerous. You could end up dead. The responce curve for DXM is quite steep.

insaneike
11-26-2006, 04:13 PM
Yeah, I was thinking like 50mg tops of DXM with my standard dose of opis, maybe a few mg less of the opis... Not daily though(unless it's prooven safe and all...). or if I was gonna have to use enough DXM tog et any of it's recreational type effects, I would not bother, as I personaly don't like the high of DXM. Just not my thing, at all.

I was thinking of using Dexalone. It comes in 15 or 30mg pills. It's only active ingred is DXM. Like take a 15-50mg of DXM like a bit before the dose of opis in the morning? What'd be the best dosaging for this purpose?

Like if my usual waking dose of Oxy is usualy 30mg(IR oxy, roxis) with 10-30mg of done, and sometimes Lortab, depending. So like take 30-50mg of DXM with the opi tabs? Maybe reduce my dose of opis by a few mg? Also, depending if I'm hurting bad or not, I will hit the fent at low doses when my pain hits really bad... I just don't want no bad side effects lol. My goal is to find something to make me use less opiates and get the same effect(MOSTLY the anagesic effects), I will only use to get high like a very few times a month, like when i'm with ppl wanting to party and all y'know? So this is also going to be for pain releif moreso than anything else.

Any complications in this dosing plan you guys think? I'm VERY interested in this subject and been finding some good info on google.

later

AWOL
11-26-2006, 04:26 PM
No, I don't see any problems with it. Dex alone as you know is 30mg of DXM hbr, so using say 50mg of DXM really isn't going to present any problems. It's baredly above the fda approved dose for you anyways, know what I mean. It's damned hard to find dexalone, I've never seen it off the web. However walmart has the robitussin liquigels for $5, walgreens has their own version for $5 and some other places like rite-aid. They do ask you for your ID now however when you buy them, so if you go and buy a shitload they might give you some crap, but oh well. Here localy there is a grocery store that is self checkout and has the robitusin dxm caps and I just grab like 4 bottles of them and do the self checkout thing.

I forgot to mention that the liquigels take a long ass time to kick in. They start kicking in at about 2 hours and are full on by 3, then from there they will last about 10 hours. That's the only pain in the ass to them is waiting ~2 hours for them to kick in. I think 50mgs, or 60mgs if you get ahold of dexalone would be a great dose for your situation. 60mg's is really only double the recomended dose anyways, I wouldn't see any problems in that and it's too low for the DXM affects to be noticed to any degree. Let us know how it goes.

opiobsessed
11-27-2006, 10:29 AM
I'm on 230mg methadone once daily(not a split dose), if I do the dxm thing with my methadone will that work great or is that a no no? I would love to potentiate my dose and get that lovely warm glow again that I once got when I was just starting out on 30-40mg methadone.

p.s. I"m also on 2 10mg valium twice daily

insaneike
12-08-2006, 03:27 PM
So, any other very detailed info on this subject? I would like to see some writing son how it works if anyone has it, and definitely anyone whose had personal exp with em!!!

later

jacky
12-09-2006, 01:02 AM
I have some posts addressing this subject.

I was using poppy seeds and tramadol and codeine daily when I learned about the nmda antagonist effect on tolerance to opiates that DXM can cause.

I hadnt done DXM for years except as directed....so I tried low and high doses. theraputic doses, and mush brain doses....synchronicities were everywhere for the first 30 days. some of the most amazing realizations I have ever experienced unfolded in that month.

but the effect of the dxm on tolerance was amazing. a glow would also accompany for a few days. constipation and anxiety that the opiate use was causing was reversed overnight almost.

I took it every day for a year. mostly in low doses, three times daily. but a few days a week I would invariably overdue it. I experienced a full gamut of dxm induced mental problems, and was in general going through a tough time overall. dxm both helped deal with that stuff, and confused me further. I decided to quit after awhile, and go on to research kratom as a fulltime thing.

when I quit dxm I experienced withdrawl about 4 days after quitting. postural hypotension, lethargy, depression, spatial disorientation(electric shock like feelings when you move your head)......but I was glad to quit. a few weeks later I was getting back on track, and realizing how the stuff was amping me up at first, creating an increased learning rate for me for a few months, a great entry into what I thought was an efficient state created by dxm and opiates, better than just general opiate use. dxm and opiates seemed like the holy grail to me for awhile, and I am still amazed at how potent the initial benefits were.

but I abused the stuff, and took too much too often.

one thing I noticed is that dxm and mescaline and 2ct-2 go great together. initially dxm and mescaline are almost indistinguishable to me , but as the trips progress the difference is obvious enough.
Dmx and salvia divinorum and ketamine actually can have synergistic effects when combined in low doses. the salvia and ketamine seem like small rewards in the broad space of an epic dxm inebriation. I didnt use these combinations very much, maybe 2-3 times with ketamine and salvia combined with dxm, and 15 times mixing dxm and 2ct-2.
dxm mixed with 2ct-t felt more grounded. like amphetamines can clear up a ketamine trip, the 2ct-2 seemed to decrease delusions inspired by the dxm headspace, and the dxm seemed to relax the whole stimulant sometimes paranoid edge that 2ct-2 can create. overall that blend allowed me to take the materials in situations that were very comfortable. like family barb-qs....where a low dose of each made for a very controlled, enjoyable evening.

for people that dont go off and take the stuff everyday in less than consistant manners like I did, I think dxm might have some real benefit for those suffering from chronic pain.

there is also research that dxm might help with ghost pains, and other interesting research into new therapys.

after I quit using it everyday, I correctly used it every 2-3 weeks to lower my tolerance for a few days. it seemed to straighten me out, and the glow the next few days was great, along with potentiation of my normal opiate dose.

I quit taking it casually for around 8 months, and recently tried to take 120 milligrams spread out over 10 hours on my two days off....it just made me feel uncomfortable most of the day, and the next day I was sick as shit. puking, diarrhea, feverish thought that plauged me all day. I was exhuasted by the time the symptoms started dissapearing around 6 pm.

after that experience I doubt I will every touch the stuff again. I geuss that door is closed now.

insaneike
12-09-2006, 02:51 AM
Great fkn read, jacky!

On the DXM and Mescal thing, I thought I was the only one who has tried that combo! Now I personally don't like the DXM high the lease bit. It's just a shitty recreational drug in my opiated opinion... Though when I ordered 10g of pure(99%) DXM powder from an online RC provider for a buddy as an xmas gift last year(I couldn't bear to watch the idiot chug fkn bottles of Tussin anymore!!!) I decided to dabble in it. Well one night I drunk my brew of 'Mescal Tea' made from San Pedro cacti, it was a medi dose(VERY colorful visions, a pretty strong trip to most, but when i trip if it's not a 'true' trip it's a media one, as i like to trip HARD), few sounds, VERY insightul outlook on everything, your basic concert dose of mescal... well like 2-3hours into the 'trip' I ingested around 300mg of DXM. Good lord did it BOOST THE FUCK OUT OF THE MESCAL!!! I spent the rest of the night laying on my trampoline with my buddy(whom was on DXM only, and pot of that counts heh) looking at the night sky n stars with some good Floyd and the Dead tunage playing on some headphones. God, that night was SO great, i swear I even seen the 'realms of earth' that night(don't ask). EVERYTHING looked like it would in an oil painting, it was all around pure bliss!

Sorry, I just had to share that since someone brought up the DM+mescal thing :cool:

I think I'm gonna try a 30-50mg dose of DXM with my usual opi dose in the morning... I do NOT want to do enough DXM tog et any of it's effects! As I simply don't enjoy the DM high!

I'll report back IF I do it....

later

OhJoy
12-09-2006, 06:28 AM
I have some posts addressing this subject.

I hadnt done DXM for years except as directed....so I tried low and high doses. theraputic doses, and mush brain doses....synchronicities were everywhere for the first 30 days. some of the most amazing realizations I have ever experienced unfolded in that month.

Great Info. Care to share your realizations? I find it facinating to hear what folks have to say about thieir experiences while drugged.

I've been taking tagament with my opie doses(an hour b4) and I can't say that I notice a big difference. When you mentioned that you took dxm and the reduction in tolerance was 'amazing' , were you taking it with your opie or alone. Sorry if you said and I'm just too tired to understand what I read. :o

flipside
12-09-2006, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the remind jacky re: pain and tolerance. Was meaning to try this and the Kratom before I ended up in the hosp. Will play around some..should be interesting if nothing else. I'll search around and re-read about dosing. See if I can come up with a good number for myself Got the Kratom and c. tree info already ( thanks for the PM)

memory is still a little messed up will go back and re-read, but thanks for the info .

OhJoy
12-09-2006, 11:07 AM
Hello Flipside, it's good to see your back. I was following that thread and I see you've been posting, so I hope all is better with you.

jacky
12-09-2006, 12:01 PM
realizations had to do mostly with some strange things that happened to my mother while she was pregnant with me, and then with some things that happened to me later in my life.

I had a series of dreams when I was a teenager, 13-15 years old. very strange dreams that had a particular body high that would extend into my day after I had woken up.
on dxm I became a voracious reader, and one night I read some information on tantric/alchemy buddhism, I realized that these dreams I had could be applied to various teachings by buddha and other sages.

My mother was told in a dream when pregnant with me, to get me to a place where I wouldnt be forced into any particular religion. entities that seemed connected with a particular comet that hung in the sky for weeks when she was pregnant with me related this command to her. so she moved me away from most of my catholic family, to a small mountain town on a lake about 2 hours from where I live now.shortly after I was born a group of people became convinced that I was some sort of sign, a bad one, a horseman of the apocalypse in a way I geuss. the only people that werent jumping on this bandwagon where her buddhist freinds, a couple.

this couple later became influential to me in regards to teachings about buddhism when I was old enought to make my own decisions. my "teacher" had me meditate, and skateboard with, bones and relics made from insane murderers, that are used by buddhists in various rituals. they taught me a little about the dharma, and tantra....
I was even supposed to go to the himalayas with these people, as they own a import store that helps tribes of exiled buddhists in the himalayas.

there were some possesion type experiences that I had, which I think marked me early on for a life of investigating herbs and healing of sorts. I had a visit in one of these dreams from a group of entities that were connected with jhankris and the ban jhankri, they told me that they were in hiding from most people in the world, but that there would be a time in my life when I would need to consort with them. much later in life, under the influence of DXM, I read about this entity, a force of primordeal nature would contact kids chosen to be shamans or healers in their dreams, or in "real" life, some being abducted in some cultures. I realized how similiar my experience was to this report. it made sense to me, finally after 20 some odd years.

basically the chips fell in place. I did not feel like I could possibly be this evil incarnate that hooky new age kids back in the day labeled me with.

the first month of dxm inebriation/use me and my mom had some incredible psychic like experiences that would run between us. even my wife noticed an increase in synchronicities. my mom realized that some strange dreams she had when pregnant with me of a festival in a dry lake bed, were actually visions of the future burning man festival. now she has never gone to one of these festivals, but a freind of hers has, and she would describe different art installations and floats that he had taken photos of.

I shared some of this with other people, too bad in was mostly in written communications. some of these people thought I had gone insane, which was understandable, and due to my belief system I have been labeled as an operable schizo. anyway I find it funny that a guy like terrence mckenna can write a book about having an experience very similiar to mine, and he can be deemed some sort of sage, and people celebrate his experience, but years later, when someone has a similiar experience, he is vilified for it, and the entheogen set sends a message back that you are just "on a ketamine binge" which I WAS NOT, I was on a semi controlled dxm binge, bringing back some tangible healing from the mixture I might add. I remember the paranoid way that this small group of people acted, it reminded me of the fucked up new age crew from my youth that wanted me dead.

when I was 3, my mom and me and her freinds went camping. we pulled into a campground, and were basically NOT WELCOMED by the general group of people already camping there. my mom said it was like I sensed the tension....I walked into the clearing between the two people facing off, and did a standing backflip into the air!!
I cannot do standing backflips anymore, nor did I ever to my memory do any besides this strange incident. my mom said it looked like I was thrown into the air by an invisible something.
I remember seeing little furry forest people on this camping trip.

I also had an experience when staying on a small island in this lake town I talk about, my grandad had a lease on the one house that was on this island. I was the only child present.
I heard drumming ALL NIGHT LONG, and no one else could hear it. it kept me up all night. in the morning I exorcised my demons by burning an effigy of myself and had a small ceremony on the beach. my parents thought this was hilarious, and took pictures.
later in life when talking to BOTH of my wives, #1 and #2, they related stories very similiar to eachothers, they had both had possesion experiences near the very island that I had heard the drumming. now, I was not married to them AT THE SAME TIME. but we all had had some very strange experiences in these necks of the woods.

when I took dxm during that summer following, I would sometimes wake up, feeling that I had to go up to this area for some reason.

at this same time I was taking dxm, the month long experience of strange happenings, a few freinds that I knew, had been seeing ufos in the general vicinity of where we live, a small tree covered neighborhood known as the "north end". it was a very strange month all around, everywhere I looked.

its hard to really relate the peace of mind that that month instilled in me. I accepted my dream teachings as such, and once I quit taking dxm I could actually start working on trying to understand myself further without deluding myself. the thing is, that I think DXM can open some important doors of discovery, but if you just leave that door hanging open, then certian things you might not want to experience will come out as well.

personal revelation is better shared with those that know you, I have had alot of people tell me that this story I weave is "too much information".

I think our souls travel all over the universe, and take a variety of forms, and that we have an underlying amazing purpose, that is lost to most of the mundane fucks that inhabit this earth.

the best thing about those experiences, is that I dont have to, nor ever did, take dxm to potentiate the experience, dxm just helped me see through other peoples bullshit. I spent alot of years wondering if I was evil incarnate...some stupid ass new age bullshit stemmed from people abusing LSD did more damage to me than a years worth of DXM!

there are alot of kooks out there. all I did was try and reveal my dreams to certian people, people that run a zine on entheogens and the mind. people that ought to know better than to condemn anothers vision, while putting anothers on a pedastel.

I think that taking any major psychoactive for a month can reveal a process to the universe that is otherwise shoved under the rug by the daily routine. I made it to work everyday of that month, I managed just fine, but I will NEVER do that again.

flipside
12-09-2006, 12:26 PM
Hello Flipside, it's good to see your back. I was following that thread and I see you've been posting, so I hope all is better with you.

thanks Oh Joy I'm hanging in there. Thanks for asking.

j
Jacky, could you give me a likn on where to order the herbapharm tincture I can't fiind anything throrugh searching and suggestion as to a good dose to start with. Thanks!

Seedy
12-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Jacky, every post I read of yours is insightful and informative. That last one was super cool. I'm off to get me some cough syrup;)

Seedy
12-10-2006, 12:46 AM
Wow DXM really does potentiate! Haven't tried the stuff for about 10 years. It's definately calling for some more experimentation now that I'm "All Grown Up"

greenfox
12-10-2006, 12:56 AM
Well, I remember hearing somewhere that low doses of DXM with your opiates can greatly reduce the amounts of opiates/oids you need to get desired effect... Anyone got any first hand exp on this? Like tkaing 50mg DXM with 80mg Oxy(with a tolerance), would that make the oxy more effective???

I also remember reading about someone(might have even been this forum) that had a script bottle of pills that were like 30mg DXM, 80mg Oxycodone in off-white colored capsules... It looked like an overseas script label thingy too?

ANY info on this would be great, as the dreaded opiate tolerance is a bitch that needs put in her place :p
As i remember like a year ago someone was telling me about it can helps enormously...

later

It CAN help... with...liver failure! ARGH!

AWOL
12-10-2006, 12:58 AM
whom was on DXM only, and pot if that counts heh

Believe you me, when on DXM even one hit of pot counts. Instant fkn insanity.

insaneike
12-10-2006, 01:18 AM
Believe you me, when on DXM even one hit of pot counts. Instant fkn insanity.

Oh yeah, when u toke up on DXM it kicks in BIG time... but pot was an everyday thing for me, and was used as a potetnator/chill thing for like every drug I tried up until about 8mos ago when i quit toking(don't even smoke on occasion anymore, i made a thread why in other drugs). So I personally never count pot as something major in any combos lol. Though GOD is it SOOOOOO grand when rolling and shit. but i agree, toking on DXM will blow your mind.

and I'm gonna start wirting up on my DXM+Oxy exp in the morn, as I'm about to crash right now, but right now I'll go ahead and say god does it every potentate opiates BIG TIME, but it also added some unwanted effects(i HATE the DXM buzz btw lol).

later

OhJoy
01-20-2007, 08:12 AM
Great Info. Care to share your realizations? I find it facinating to hear what folks have to say about thieir experiences while drugged.

I've been taking tagament with my opie doses(an hour b4) and I can't say that I notice a big difference. When you mentioned that you took dxm and the reduction in tolerance was 'amazing' , were you taking it with your opie or alone. Sorry if you said and I'm just too tired to understand what I read. :o

I know it's been awhile, but it seems I was interested in this infomation back in November and never found my answer.

I'm waiting to take my opiate dose and I've been searching for over an hour about when to take the DXM. I've been on drug buyers, and here with all kinds of info on DXM but no one has said when.

Shall I take about 50mg an hour before? Or with the dose? I'm going crazy here and I can't wait. I just want to do it correctly.

Thanks so much:D

Dexter the Meth Orphan
01-20-2007, 08:57 AM
45 minutes to one hour before the opiate dose is best...when you feel slight effect from the DXM, then dose the opiate. I know 50 mg is a low dex dose, but so long as you are sober beforehand, you will feel it kick in.

lucifus
02-02-2007, 05:32 PM
yea tagament and dxm are key for stepping up your opiate buzz

jacky
02-04-2007, 01:48 PM
the prescription medicine that first was approved by the FDA that used dxm with morphine for tolerance reduction was called morphidex.

the ratio was 1:1, which I think is a little too high if you are going to be using just that formula, I suspect that maybe 1 dose of morphidex would be needed , and a person would be prescribed other opiates to take besides the morphidex brand.

last time I tried taking dxm and taking opiates I didnt really feel any potentiation, what I felt was dysphoria and an annoying stimulant push. the next day I felt like I had the flu.

I was sorta perplexed by this.....the first time I revisited dxm after years of not taking it was to test its tolerance reduction activity on morphine/codeine. I felt great, taking around 100 milligrams after a few hours.
but this last time I took dxm, I only took 120 milligrams over roughly a 10 hour period, and I got sick as crap, and not good feelings at all.

I am really interested in proglumide, and superjunkys reports on how that effects tolerance now that it seems dxm isnt something that I can stomach.

kingdxm
02-23-2007, 01:55 PM
My own personal experiences with DXM and opiates have always been good. I have never taken a low dose of DXM with narcotics. I usally took between 480 and 600mg of DXM with 50mg of hydrocodone, or 40mg of oxyc. The high is always kickass!! to me it feels alot like a high dose of MDMA, you get some visuals from the DXM and the opiate gives it a mellow, kind-of-lovey feeling. It also helps to lessen the anxiety that can come with taking DXM. Also the day after taking a high dose of DXM(480-700mgs), if you take opiates the next day, they definatly seem alot stronger than normal.

jacky
03-02-2007, 10:44 AM
when I could take dxm still, I finally ended up using it once a week for awhile. I would take it my last night at work, a few hours before I quit. usually I would be up all night with a few hours sleep.
the next couple of days maybe even 4-5 days I would notice an increase in opiate effect in general.

but for some reason I cant tolerate dxm anymore.

I am pretty interested in this proglumide compound, but havnt placed an order from overseas as of yet.

superjunky has reported on proglumide and its effect on tolerance.

kingdxm
03-13-2007, 10:21 PM
BTW, what is proglumide? I have never heard of it before.

AS FAR AS THE dxm robo-gels, I have always foung them to work just about as fast as the pure powder. They usually kick in and peak about 1 1/2 hours after I take them, but I guess everybody's physiology is different.

asplinteredfawn
03-14-2007, 05:25 PM
Yeah, this one time swim was on lsdxming and shot up when he was comming down off the other drugs and he got really high. To keep it short...

surdali124
03-22-2007, 07:35 PM
is it possible to take too much dxm with a reg dose of opiates

AWOL
03-22-2007, 07:53 PM
is it possible to take too much dxm with a reg dose of opiatesAlways possible, first time is kinda a hard one cause you don't want to overdo it, don't want to waste at the same time.

If it were me I'd get the gel-caps .. they're 15mg's and sold in a 20 count bottle at wal-greens, wal-mart, lots of places. Cost about $5.00 roughly. 75mg would be a good starting dose if I had no tollerance to DXM. 100mg's might be pushing it. I would heat the gelcaps up so they're warm and soft so they digest faster. Takes a while for em to kick in, give it atleast an hour. That's what I'd do though, but some people react to DXM in crazy ways, my only advice to others is be careful with that shit. It can get real fuckin crazy for 12 hours if you overdo it.

JahRed24
03-23-2007, 11:19 AM
Would u say it would be ok for swim to take 60mgs of DXM about 45mins-1hr b4 snorting a 40mg OC pill? Swim has an "OK" tolerance..like if i wanna get really faded and nod I would do an 80mg and i would be pretty close to nodding... so im thinkin 60mg DXM + 40mgs OC (45mins later) would be a good dose? eh?:confused:

jacky
03-23-2007, 11:40 PM
the medication that uses morphine and dxm together, morphidex, used equal parts morphine to dxm....which is sorta strange I think.

I wouldnt go much beyond 150 milligrams a day of DXM, more than that and strange psychic phenom. and delusions might worm their way into your life.

Opilover
03-25-2007, 10:07 AM
I have a script of Mucinex 600mg does anyone know if this would be like dxm,when I do a search it keeps bringing up Guaifenesin 600 mg are they the same thing and would it be good to potentiate opiates.I know to much dxm can cause a bad trip.So I would appreciate any advice on this.

Thanks In Advance

mrklean
03-25-2007, 06:08 PM
dxm is great shit. when i have been having cravings for opiates it is a much appreciated substitute. Not something to keep you well, just something for your head to help and keep from getting a habit. I have heard wonderful tings about proglumide although I haven't tried it. That big ass OP that was recently popped used to offer hydro compounded with dxm. I loved them things. When I am looking for a recreational dose where I can still function 120mgs dxm seems to really do it for me with some trees. DXM isn't unfortunately any kind of solution to the everpresent problem of tolerance. It is helpful though.

jacky
04-02-2007, 05:22 PM
yeah, proglumide is a thing to consider, I havnt tried it yet, but have heard great things about it activity.

I also read a report from a kid who took ALOT of proglumide cause he thought it might have ketamine/pcp/dxm like effects....what he likened the high dose to was a weak dxm like effect initially, followed by months of side effects....or seeming physical side effects at least.
but the dose he took was so much in excess of the recomended daily dose that I wouldnt worry about a small doses effects.

some of these nmda antagonists have potential for tolerance reduction...there are a few reported natural nmda antagonist like compounds...but for the most part the species havnt been researched by bioassay and written about by anyone.

l-apartic acid has some data regarding using gram to 10 gram daily doses of the compound, which I think might be a form of amino, to ease opiate withdrawl.
in most cases the opiates dose was cut to zero in a 3-4 day period for the heroin, codeine,morphine addicts.....but for the opium users the detox took a few more days.
with nothing other than supplemential l-aspartic acid as a tool for detox.

I am also anxiously awaiting some contacts research into a tryptamine derivative that apparently helps detox, though a quick tolerance to the material develops sometimes ending in a few grams a day dose of the material needed for abatement of withdrawl. Shulgin wrote a bit about this tryptamine, but I dont think had any personal experience with it. Shulgin also reported that there is another analog I think of that tryptamine family that has ghb like effects.....

last night I tried some herb mixture that supposedly has kratom like effects. but for me the material seemed to cause more dysphoria and mental numbing than what I would call an opioid effect.
apparently though the compounds in this mix do have purported agonist opioid effect...so maybe it is my opiate dependency that interacts with this obviously psychoactive material, and causes a slight dysphoria? I did notice for about 5 minutes that I had some feelings of euphoria and elation...but this quickly led to a mild headache, lessened ability to concentrate, and a cold medicine like feeling.
I am saving the rest for a rainy day when I might be withdrawing from an opiate...then perhaps the material might be better judged.