PDA

View Full Version : codeine/promethazine syrup trend creating a new generation of black heroin addicts?

MacBlast
06-08-2013, 02:09 AM
im sure everyone is aware of the suburban heroin epidemic thats going on right now thanks to the popularity of pharms such as oxy.....kids start out with oc, get hooked, cant afford it, and switch to dope. and ever since the 80s crack epidemic, crack has been the favorite in the hood. well thanks to almost every single hip hop artist out, sippin syrup has become pretty much the coolest fucking thing u can do. the demand has increased so much that the prices have gone from $10/ounce to $30-40/ounce in my area. in texas its even more ive heard. i know people that sip syrup everyday and admit they are addicted (physically). a lot of them also mix it with norco or xanax. this syrup thing has really just picked up in the past couple years, and in the next couple years i think we are going to see a spike in urban heroin use well. its not like the dope isnt already there, thats where all the rich white kids are going to cop anyway. thoughts ophiles?

Snoops
06-08-2013, 03:44 AM
I think if your dumb enough to pay $40 for an oz. of codeine/promethazine... You deserve to be robbed.

If only they knew they were guzzling antihistamines and a opi with a ceiling of 300mg. Then the codeine is useless. The liver can only convert so much into M.

You'd have to drink soooo fuckin' much antihistamine to even reach a semi-respectable dose of opi in yer system, that the entire undertaking seems so fuckin' stupid and pointless.

Just more evidence that people will do anything to emulate a dumb ass rapper. Heroin is the least of this particular generations worries. I'm more worried they're dumb enough to pay, what did you say? $40 an oz. of Syrup. It ain't even the Tussy for cryin' out loud.

I dunno man... The burbs have BEEN flooded w/ H. It ain't new.

abe or ham
06-08-2013, 06:18 AM
I always thought this, why wouldn't you just dissolve some heroin in h2o add sugar purple color and just add that to your sprite. Or even better just dissolve heroin in h20 and inject into veins???

Der Alte Krieger
06-08-2013, 06:47 AM
I always thought this, why wouldn't you just dissolve some heroin in h2o add sugar purple color and just add that to your sprite.

Because you don't get high.

The oral viability of Heroin is really poor, I know I once swallowed enough Heroin to get high two or three times and never even felt it,

But I think the idea of making up phony lean is a good one. Sounds like a good way to quadruple the value of a handfull of Hrdrocodone.

I remember the syrup houses in Baltimore back in the 60's that would sell Robe for $5 a bottle when you could get dollar and two dollar pills of Heroin. They would always cut the bottles 20% with Grenadine syrup.

Indy
06-08-2013, 06:57 AM
Considering most of them feel the promethazine and think that's what's fucking them up, you could probably just find some grape flavored OTC benadryl lol

abe or ham
06-08-2013, 07:48 AM
DAK I spaced the BA fact sorry

Der Alte Krieger
06-08-2013, 07:52 AM
Considering most of them feel the promethazine and think that's what's fucking them up, you could probably just find some grape flavored OTC benadryl lol

Seriously, somebody is missing out on a good deal here.

Get Ace Promizine, from the Vet, they sell it without a prescription most places.

You can get enough to knock 40 or 50 horses and it's just Promazine, I've seen people take it.

Then mix it with Grenadine and just enough Hydro to make you itch.

I bet the right person in the right place could make a fortune.

MacBlast
06-08-2013, 09:22 AM
Because you don't get high.

The oral viability of Heroin is really poor, I know I once swallowed enough Heroin to get high two or three times and never even felt it,

But I think the idea of making up phony lean is a good one. Sounds like a good way to quadruple the value of a handfull of Hrdrocodone.

I remember the syrup houses in Baltimore back in the 60's that would sell Robe for $5 a bottle when you could get dollar and two dollar pills of Heroin. They would always cut the bottles 20% with Grenadine syrup.

karo corn syrup is actually a very common syrup cutting agent. and i have seen phony lean before from west oakland that was made using some type of cherry syrup and hyrdocodone/oxycodone mixture

Zoops
06-08-2013, 05:37 PM
karo corn syrup is actually a very common syrup cutting agent. and i have seen phony lean before from west oakland that was made using some type of cherry syrup and hyrdocodone/oxycodone mixture

Gotta make it taste sweet for the kids!

Tussionex is the BEST cough syrup, IMHO. And that shit contains an antihistamine drug as well, but it's the hydro that you feel. Tussionex on the rocks with a IV sufentanil chaser.

chopstix
06-08-2013, 05:55 PM
You can't get this OTC in Cali can you?

Script thing, yea??

$40/oz - fuckin' funny.. My CWEs during my Canada tour a few years ago cost me ~$10/5days, so $2.00/day for 400mg codeine (AND I didn't have to buy any coffee ;) )..

Idjits.

Even tho eating heroin is about like eating morphine, they'd save money if they had a halfway decent connect. I can get grams of really good black for $20.

Count Zero
06-08-2013, 06:58 PM
From a certain point of view it's good that crappy drugs are so popular, it leaves the proper stuff for the rest of us. And if these gentlemen are catching a buzz off codeine god only knows what dope would do to them, I guess some of them will find out soon enough.

nick
06-08-2013, 08:06 PM
I think someone could make a fortune selling decent drugs to rappers.

OpanaKing
06-08-2013, 08:08 PM
When I had a 20mg-30mg hydrocodone tolerance I got a bottle of this and tried it out.

I remember feeling high for about 15 minutes, at which point the promethazine kicked in and knocked me out. It's not a recreational high at all and rap songs have glorified it way to much. I remember reading that Three Six Mafia made that "drank" with LSD, "Sizzzzzzzerp" and Alcohol.

It might help someone having vicodin withdrawals.

I got a script for 25 mg promethazine and tried mixing it with a couple roxies, klonopin, and bud. I always took oxy with klonopin but the promethazine took that to a whole new level. When the 25mg pills are mixed with a stronger opiate it makes the effects significantly stronger, I remember almost falling out on that combo. Despite that it was the best Opiate/benzo/downer high I ever had.

Count Zero
06-08-2013, 08:22 PM
It was the mixer of choice at the done klinik I went to, they even tested for it on occasion. I tried it with my done a bunch of times but it was either not high at all (like usual) or lights out. I'd drive a mile from work and do it after I dosed in the morning and I'd wake up 45 minutes later. In retrospect no rec value for me, complete waste of time, I'm glad it works for some people.

SapphireBlue
06-08-2013, 11:07 PM
I think if your dumb enough to pay $40 for an oz. of codeine/promethazine... You deserve to be robbed.

If only they knew they were guzzling antihistamines and a opi with a ceiling of 300mg. Then the codeine is useless. The liver can only convert so much into M.

You'd have to drink soooo fuckin' much antihistamine to even reach a semi-respectable dose of opi in yer system, that the entire undertaking seems so fuckin' stupid and pointless.

Word. That shit is worthless. My doc rx'd it for me last year for the cough I got from snorting fucking pills and it didn't do shit for me despite taking a double dose, probably bc I'm on HM. Didn't even make me sleepy!! What a joke.

Needless to say, I quit snorting my pills...

chopstix
06-08-2013, 11:17 PM
I think someone could make a fortune selling decent drugs to rappers.

Hahaha!1!1! That's fucking hilarious :D

Zoops
06-09-2013, 05:35 AM
"Promefazine" sound like sumpin that could get you hah as a mufucka. Dem white boyz be takin all types o shit. Dey crazy as fuck.

CanadianColdWater
06-09-2013, 07:38 AM
"Promefazine" sound like sumpin that could get you hah as a mufucka. Dem white boyz be takin all types o shit. Dey crazy as fuck.

Dem honkeez be takin dat da-lotta... sheet's crazy, main. I stick wiff da 750 milligram oxy-codeine's, yo.

Urr-body knowz ya cain't Oh-Dee off Vica-Din or Laura-tab, but dat da-lotta be turnin' mofugga's blue fo fuck sakes, meng.

hydrophile
06-09-2013, 08:57 AM
Yea down here in Texas I would be willing to bet this phenomena more rampant than anywhere else in the country. After all the rappers have nicknamed Houston the "City of Syrup!" and let me tell ya it is true. For whatever reason ppl have this ridiculous idea INGRAINED into them that your only REALLY "cool" and only REALLY partying if you got a "fo' in a can soda" as in 4oz.

Not to long ago when I was in high school you could buy a ace/1oz of lean for $10-$15 and a duce/2oz for $20-$25. Which in high school was nice to throw a duce in a Welches Strawberry and pop a couple vicodin with it. I have always thought of lean as more of a potentiator of sorts. On its own, unless you are just COMPLETLY opiate naive it wouldn't do shit. But it is nice to drink a little before a dose of whatever stronger opi your gunna do to help it last longer and give it a little heavier feeling but that is almost COMPLETLY due to the promethazine not the codiene.

Now days I have had various dealers tell me they sell it (TO TOTAL DUMB ASSES!) for $50-$70 per ace. The sad thing is that ppl actually buy this shit. Literally paying $50-$70 for something so weak that they could spend $20 of vicodin and get some benadryl and it would be just the same if not more of a buzz haha but hey more power to em. If they can sell it for that much who I am to judge. I reserve my judgment for the ppl actually paying that much hahaha

It's pretty sad honestly. It's like the more expensive it became the "cooler" it became cause they were spending big bucks on syrup just like their favorite rappers. The other sad part is that the ppl that use it daily (usually dealers) act as though they are above other users. I can't begin to tell you how many times over the years I have heard ppl who drink lean daily or damn near daily sit there and talk MAD SHIT about junkies and pill heads. You try to explain to them that they could take a few vicodin and be just as high and half the time the to to that bullshit about "nah man I'm not some pill poppin junkie man! I just drink syrup!" acting all offended as though you have suggested the move under a bridge and start smoking crack and shooting dope everyday. It's the craziest thing man. The drug market in Texas is just something else man. It really really is.

Matt M
06-09-2013, 09:49 AM
You used to be able to sign off on this in ar and get a big ass bottle for 10 bucks. They rarely checkded id so you could put down any name. It was pretty good for helping through withdrawals, maintaining for a bit.

Zoops
06-09-2013, 10:04 AM
Good ol' Robitussin AC or Guiatuss AC (codeine phosphate 10mg/guaifensin 100mg per 5ml) you can still sign for the shit but hardly any pharmacists will do it. Some of 'em even think (or at least they say) that doing that is illegal. 'Snot. I bought some as late as 2005, when my then 2-year old son had a real bad cough that Delsym wouldn't touch. I used to chug a whole 4oz (120ml) bottle of that shit and be a little bit high off the codeine, but the sorbitol in the syrup would always give me mad diarrhea and gas. It was almost not even worth it with all the intestinal distress it would cause.

MacBlast
06-09-2013, 12:49 PM
someone in oakland got shot over a 4 oz not too long ago.....its partially the high price itself that makes syrup more desirable. just like wearing $500 true religions instead of $50 levis or $300 jordans instead of some vans. if you can afford to drink syrup it shows that your "gettin money"....its the ridiculous mindset in the hood thats a creation of poverty. i heard bricks of syrup (16 oz bottles) go for $800+ in texas. its like $500+ up here

i agree with the potentiating factor tho. i mixed syrup with a shot of white powder heroin and nodded my face off for 6 hours straight

and to the two posters trying to speak "ebonics".....cut that shit out cuz you sound ignorant as fuck

jdub
06-09-2013, 01:06 PM
^ I heard (from a west oak crack-dealer I sell syrup too) that 2 girls got killed over the same bottle. They tried to rob the first girl and shot her when she drove off and then the girl who set her up got got.

It is ridiculously huge in the bay right now. I was getting bricks about 4 years ago for $60 cuz my dealer thought they were worthless codeine. Then his little cousin found out he was getting Bo and the price jumped to $360 the next month.

But people want syrup for the same reasons they want Jordan's and 22" rims, just to stunt on people. More of a status thing than the actual effect.

opi8
06-09-2013, 01:13 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_llfs3fUpON1qfxw3zo1_400.jpg

CanadianColdWater
06-09-2013, 01:16 PM
I mentioned this long ago in some other thread, but a similar "phenomenon" exists up here where I live.

Now, I've never heard of any other provinces doing this, and when I heard about "lean" or "sizzurp" and how popular it was, it sorta piqued my curiosity on "syrup" addictions.

There is a Canadian codeine cough syrup formulation called "Co-Actifed" or "Tussimedix" (not Tussionex, as for some reason hydrocodone does not exist in Canada, it's a codeine syrup) and this is what they use at the detox centers up here. If you don't have a super large habit that warrants methadone and are just in detox for a milder opiate habit, they don't ween you with methadone, but with codeine in syrup form.

This Co-Actifed comes in 3 strengths: Red 10mg/ml, Yellow 30mg/ml, and Clear (known as White Lightning) 60mg/ml. Well, for some odd reason, this syrup is EXTREMELY popular with a certain cross-section of drug users around here. It's a very rare, very particular breed who NEED this stuff. They won't pop codeine pills (well, they will as a latch ditch if they can't get the syrup), they won't pop percocets or any sensible opiate. They ONLY want codeine cough syrup. My old man was a MAJOR user of the stuff. He got a prescription for the Red strength from his doc, and he would buy the other kinds from friends of his who would rob pharmacies and steal ONLY THE SYRUP from these drug stores out in the sticks.

There are certain bars and Legions (war vet drinking holes) around here that have "back rooms" where not only can you smoke (illegal to smoke in bars here since like 1998) but you can ORDER bottles of this codeine cough syrup. Of course this is all done on the down low. I stumbled into one of these back rooms for a smoke after a funeral one day. I had hit the Legion with the sole purpose of getting pissy-eyed drunk, went into this "secret" room and saw a waitress carrying a tray of cough syrup and a glass bottle of coke to this group of old guys at one of the tables. Strange, huh?

The stuff is literally everywhere in certain towns. I always used to wonder what all the brown bottles lined up on the basement shelves and in the fridge were when I was a kid. Now I know they were dad's codeine syrup bottles.

There are also dealers that deal in ONLY this crap. I don't know why so many people like it around here. It can't be the Lil Wayne aspect of it. These are not rapper types drinking the stuff. To be honest, it's mostly old timers and veteran drug "dabblers" and drunks that want it. They don't make "lean" out of it either. They just chug it. I've seen one old guy pour it over ice and mix it with cola, but that's it. No jolly ranchers. ;)

Anyways, just thought I'd mention this weird occurrence. Still ongoing in certain areas, as far as I know. Again, mostly old timers and people who live out in the middle of nowhere. I guess when you live in the sticks and have no good drugs... codeine is better than nothing.

Myself, I could never hack syrups. Did a few of the codeine detoxes before and it worked okay for withdrawals. That was it, though. I'd rather chug a CWE and chase it with pop than prolong the disgusting taste of medicinal-tasting syrup by sipping on it all day.

Haven't these rappers heard of the CYP2D6 liver enzyme? Don't they know that drinking the full dose of codeine all at once is the most efficient way for the liver to convert it to morphine? Don't they know that sipping slowly, and therefore "re-dosing" with codeine is a futile effort, since once the liver starts converting, the doses piled on top have WAY less of an effect?

Silly, silly rappers. :p

Mac: my "speaking in ebonics" (I didn't know I could do that!) is not meant to convey any sort of racism or any prejudice or anything like that. It's just generally known that "sizzurp" is enjoyed mostly by African Americans, and we're talking the way SOME of them talk. Chill out, Zoops and I are just having fun. Most likely, we'll continue having fun. It's a freaking joke. Feel free to mock the linguistic shortcomings of white trash. I'll join in and everything on that one. Are you gonna get mad at whoever coined the phrase "sizzurp," too? Isn't that ebonics?

Ig'nint as Fuuuuuudge.

Snoops
06-09-2013, 02:03 PM
someone in oakland got shot over a 4 oz not too long ago.....its partially the high price itself that makes syrup more desirable. just like wearing $500 true religions instead of $50 levis or $300 jordans instead of some vans. if you can afford to drink syrup it shows that your "gettin money"....its the ridiculous mindset in the hood thats a creation of poverty. i heard bricks of syrup (16 oz bottles) go for $800+ in texas. its like $500+ up here

i agree with the potentiating factor tho. i mixed syrup with a shot of white powder heroin and nodded my face off for 6 hours straight

and to the two posters trying to speak "ebonics".....cut that shit out cuz you sound ignorant as fuck

Man, you gotta try to relax in here baby bro.

People come here to laugh, share, mourn and celebrate our dysfunction.

You're not gonna get everyone all PC in here n' shit... Just go with the flow. Like stepping into a warm bath.

Ahhhhhhh... Now that's nice.

Seedy
06-09-2013, 03:53 PM
This Co-Actifed comes in 3 strengths: Red 10mg/ml, Yellow 30mg/ml, and Clear (known as White Lightning) 60mg/ml. Well, for some odd reason, this syrup is EXTREMELY popular with a certain cross-section of drug users around here. It's a very rare, very particular breed who NEED this stuff. They won't pop codeine pills (well, they will as a latch ditch if they can't get the syrup), they won't pop percocets or any sensible opiate. They ONLY want codeine cough syrup. My old man was a MAJOR user of the stuff. He got a prescription for the Red strength from his doc, and he would buy the other kinds from friends of his who would rob pharmacies and steal ONLY THE SYRUP from these drug stores out in the sticks.

really, 60mg/ml? that seems excessive, just over a teaspoon and you've hit the ceiling dose. most people would be all itchy and puking after a few ml's.

this sizzurp thing is hilarious. are there really that many idiots out there?

MacBlast
06-09-2013, 05:01 PM
i feel u snoops im not trippin or anything.....im just the type of person that speaks my mind and a lot of my friends are black (im white) and stuff like that is just a little pet peeve of mine

Junkette
06-09-2013, 05:17 PM
The only "sizzurp" I ever paid cash money for was oxyfast (lol, so not sizzurp), and one time I even got a free half bottle of roxanol for doing someone a favor...but codeine? Such a waste of money. I almost feel bad for the people who get addicted to it, I guess then they can move on to liquid loperamide. Exciting!

Michael
06-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Good ol' Robitussin AC or Guiatuss AC (codeine phosphate 10mg/guaifensin 100mg per 5ml) but the sorbitol in the syrup would always give me mad diarrhea and gas. It was almost not even worth it with all the intestinal distress it would cause.

You sure it was Guaifenesin bro? I remember being told to avoid certain robo cos it had that stuff. My cousin didn't once and was on the toilet all night.

Zoops
06-09-2013, 07:51 PM
Yeah, Mac, didn't mean anything by it, but that's just about verbatim what I heard some of the guys in the joint say. I thought you were joking when you said we sounded ignorant as fuck. Now I know you were serious.

I kin maik fun of wite trailer-trash talk to. Oar more leik how they rites. Doan runnoft cuz you think wee is tryin too onlee pik on wun tipe of peepul.:)

MacBlast
06-09-2013, 08:37 PM
Yeah, Mac, didn't mean anything by it, but that's just about verbatim what I heard some of the guys in the joint say. I thought you were joking when you said we sounded ignorant as fuck. Now I know you were serious.

I kin maik fun of wite trailer-trash talk to. Oar more leik how they rites. Doan runnoft cuz you think wee is tryin too onlee pik on wun tipe of peepul.:)

no worries zoops!!!! i was just tryna pass the time fiendin hard waiting for the needle exchange to open so i could hit the spot and cop and therefore feeling very anxious & irritable. now im high and feel no ill will towards anybody:beatnik:

duck
06-09-2013, 09:38 PM
i feel u snoops im not trippin or anything.....im just the type of person that speaks my mind and a lot of my friends are black (im white) and stuff like that is just a little pet peeve of mine
you may very well be white but forever I will imagine you as the dude in your avatar. Even if you change it, lol.

Maxwell
06-10-2013, 01:11 AM
The only none boring (although pretty miserable) experience I ever had with syrup, I had come up on a bottle of some purple shit and some yellowish stuff too. Both were the exact same ingredients but the black dude's I was selling to would only buy the purple one.. of course. So having just gotten kicked out of my house and was gonna head out to a friends farm on the outskirts of town I hit the liquor store and grabbed a styrofoam cup, sprite, couple apple jolly ranchers, few shot bottles of 99 apples (I was feeling the apple shit that day I guess), and poured it all with the syrup and a take home bottle of Methadone into a cup and started slugging it down.

By the time I got to the bus station I was feeling.. weird. I had intended to just go and crash out at my friends pad but it didn't work out quite like that. I got on the bus and vaguely remember the bus driver kicking me off the bus for some reason somewhere fairly close to where I needed to be. I had never felt so slow and out of it in my fucking life. A walk that should have taken at MOST 30 minutes took until well after dark, I mean fucking hours. And it was just down a straight road! It was really similar to a DIPH trip only... really slow. I kept getting lost somehow. I remember arriving at what looked like my friend's house (He wasn't home at the time), but the sign out front said a completely different name than his last name. So I called and asked if he had changed it. He said "Uhhh.. there should be a sign that says 'Wells'.." and as I got closer the sign morphed into "Wells". Which seemed cool to me.

My last memories were of getting lost in his big old creepy farmhouse (In reality I had been walking in circles in his dead grandmother's old bedroom. I cannot accurately describe the creepiness of this part.). I woke up around 3AM laying on his kitchen table. He heard me making noise and came out saying he had came home around 2 and that ALL the house doors were open and ALL the lights in the house and on the farm were all on. I found my laptop and the contents of my backpack, scattered throughout his house and fields.. iPod broken. Really strange things. Ended up getting locked up the next day, haven't really thought about it since.. Only time anything besides straight up sleep happened to me..

MacBlast
06-10-2013, 01:48 AM
you may very well be white but forever I will imagine you as the dude in your avatar. Even if you change it, lol.

lmfao!!! the cat in my avatar is MacBlast, a rapper and West Oakland legend. he used to rap about doing belushi, a mixture of powder heron and cocaine. he caught a murder case and is locked up for the rest of his life

--- auto merge ---

one time back in the day i scored four ounces of straight promethazine (no codeine) syrup for real cheap at my highschool. i had a bunch of norcos and morphine pills back at home so me and my homie crushed up a whole bunch of both and mixed it with the syrup. we poured it up with some sprite and got SO ridiculous loaded.....i remember nodding off and waking up and nodding off and waking up etc for hours and hours...promethazine can potentiate your nod really fuckin well. way better then diphen. different, but on par with benzos. good memories

Snoops
06-10-2013, 10:02 AM
lmfao!!! the cat in my avatar is MacBlast, a rapper and West Oakland legend. he used to rap about doing belushi, a mixture of powder heron and cocaine. he caught a murder case and is locked up for the rest of his life

--- auto merge ---

one time back in the day i scored four ounces of straight promethazine (no codeine) syrup for real cheap at my highschool. i had a bunch of norcos and morphine pills back at home so me and my homie crushed up a whole bunch of both and mixed it with the syrup. we poured it up with some sprite and got SO ridiculous loaded.....i remember nodding off and waking up and nodding off and waking up etc for hours and hours...promethazine can potentiate your nod really fuckin well. way better then diphen. different, but on par with benzos. good memories

Your "Belushi" is also known in larger circles as A SPEEDBALL!!!

How old are you man? Just curious....

fearofnormalcy
06-10-2013, 10:27 AM

You know what's a little pet peeve of mine?

People that say that a lot of their friends are black...it's not like the "blackness" rubs off by osmosis, and it certainly doesn't give you some sort of insider info that the rest of us white people don't.

In fact, it helps perpetuate racism by differentiating your friends that way. Try it for yourself: Start introducing your "black friends" to your "white friends" that way, and vice-versa.

This also applies to those who feel the need to qualify someone as their "gay friend".

Just throwing that out there.

Defense34
06-10-2013, 10:38 AM
^ you mean you cant catch the black just by being around it? welll sheeeit, i gotta tell all the old racists in my area!

MacBlast
06-10-2013, 02:42 PM

People that say that a lot of their friends are black...it's not like the "blackness" rubs off by osmosis, and it certainly doesn't give you some sort of insider info that the rest of us white people don't.

In fact, it helps perpetuate racism by differentiating your friends that way. Try it for yourself: Start introducing your "black friends" to your "white friends" that way, and vice-versa.

This also applies to those who feel the need to qualify someone as their "gay friend".

being a white person, i am given insider info on the way that other white people speak about black people when everybody in the room is white. i dont know how many times i have had to tell ppl not to refer to black people as "n****rs" in front of me. regardless of race, if someone talks shit about one of my friends, i feel an obligation to say something and stick up for them. so when ppl say racist shit, i have trouble letting it just slide because i take it as an insult against my friends.

--- auto merge ---

Snoops: belushi specifically means powder tar mixed w coke tho. im a jr in college

Der Alte Krieger
06-10-2013, 03:39 PM
being a white person, i am given insider info on the way that other white people speak about black people when everybody in the room is white. i dont know how many times i have had to tell ppl not to refer to black people as "n****rs" in front of me. regardless of race, if someone talks shit about one of my friends, i feel an obligation to say something and stick up for them. so when ppl say racist shit, i have trouble letting it just slide because i take it as an insult against my friends.

You tell black people not to call one another Ni**ers?

MacBlast
06-10-2013, 04:12 PM
You tell black people not to call one another Ni**ers?

no.

fearofnormalcy
06-10-2013, 10:04 PM
i dont know how many times i have had to tell ppl not to refer to black people as "n****rs" in front of me.

Sounds like you need new "white friends".

Zoops
06-10-2013, 10:12 PM
The word "*****" is nowadays so firmly ingrained in African-American vernacular, that it actually just refers to any male person (as opposed to a "bitch," which refers to a female). When I was locked up, the black dudes would often refer to white people as "******" too, as in "that white ***** standin over there."

Now, when you pronounce it "******," with the emphasis on the "-er" at the end, it's something completely different, i.e. a racial slur.

Just the way slang works, I guess. If you're white, you can usually get away with saying "*****," but you better watch it if you say "******." I would often say "deez ****** is CRAZY" about my fellow prisoners and nobody would get upset.

Sorry if I am offending anyone, just had to break it down for y'all ******.

Huh, the 'phile censors racial slurs, but not foul language. Imagine that. But you can still get the jist of what I'm sayin. Nome sane?

Biggavelli
07-17-2013, 08:51 AM
Pound for pound lean is the most ridiculously overpriced drug on the streets right now, point-blank-period. This topic truly fucking perplexes me while at the same time I completely understand the "status symbol" it holds. Same dudes who will drop $500 on lean after 20 seconds of negotiation, no questions asked, will talk shit about me trying to offer them roxi's..."NAH, KEEP THAT JUNKIE SHIT AT HOME!". I can't lie though, on many a night I have gotten all dressed up to go out and specifically went to the store, bought a 50 pack of styrafoam cups, only to actually fucking take out two of the cups so I could "double up" and people would know it wasn't alcohol in my cup. Went and bought the 20oz of Sprite at the gas-station and a pack of Jolly Ranchers and "po'd up" as it's known. It has literally gotten me laid. "Here, take a sip shorty..." and 45 minutes later they're buzzed off a candy flavored magical drink and I'm in there like swimwear.

It is very, very possible that the current trends will lead to more heroin addiction in black communities...there's no shortage currently however. Here, I could have a UHAUL truck full of lean and it would sell faster than a PM patients monthly hydro's, oxy's, opana's or dilly's. Because you're not a "junkie for real" if you "only drink syrup", but if you take pills you're automatically a regular at the pawn shop...right.

One of the most popular rap songs in america right now has a line that goes "This a $1,000 pint of lean, you don't even know it." and it's fucking true. My family doctor generally gives me 2 8oz bottles a month from September-February for sinuses, colds, that kinda shit. You bet your ass I (would, in theory...) cash in on the ignorance. $50 an oz. all day, no breaks, fuck you. It could (hypothetically...) take one phone call and I could either sell that 8oz's for $450 cash or trade my daily d-boy for 3.5g's of the same dope I pay almost 200 a g for. I dunno, something about being in the south and the stigma of pill addiction, just doesnt hold true with syrup because it's so inconsistent and hard to get, so it's considered splurging and thus a status symbol.

EDIT - To those saying just buy grape flavored benadryl and cash in...guilty as charged. I would pour the liquid out of my old bottles when trading it, using the excuse "What if you get popped and you got my bottle sitting here? Fuck that!"...then go buy an 8oz bottle of ZZZQuil and come back 2 days later with a "refill" for my d-boy...it's actually one of many current schemes I use on the regular...

duck
07-17-2013, 09:40 AM
damn, I cannot believe homeboys are paying $50 an OUNCE. holy balls.

TheTalkingAsshole
07-17-2013, 09:43 AM
you know whats weird is i never had anyone offer it to me before last week, for sale, that is
then my pot dealer asks me can i get bars/roxis
duh
"oh well idk if your interested but my boy has lean for $25/oz"

i laughed and told him i can get dillys or morphs for cheaper than that
didnt know what either of those were, but was sure they couldnt be better than codeine

personally i like Hydromet/Hycodan
hydrocodone and homatropine
the only issue is you cant really take more than 50mg hydro
without getting some very weird anticholinergic effects
antihistamines can definitely result in a weird headspace
but god damn i have had some mind-bending experiences with 75mg hydro/22mg homatropine

Der Alte Krieger
07-17-2013, 10:52 AM

I tell you what amuses me, when I have to censor what I say about black people because of the white people in the group.

For instance, I was once at a safety meeting at the railroad I worked for and the MARTA railway was being discussed.

Someone asked, "what does does MARTA stand for" I almost said "Moving Africans Rapidly Through Atlanta", which would have been funny as shit, IMO but I didn't want to get a lecture from one of the team leaders about "racism".

I later said it separately to the 3 black members that had been present and they thought it was hilarious.

no.

Why not? If its offensive then nobody should say it.

Fat Pie
07-17-2013, 11:14 AM
The word "*****" is nowadays so firmly ingrained in African-American vernacular, that it actually just refers to any male person (as opposed to a "bitch," which refers to a female). When I was locked up, the black dudes would often refer to white people as "******" too, as in "that white ***** standin over there."

Now, when you pronounce it "******," with the emphasis on the "-er" at the end, it's something completely different, i.e. a racial slur.

Just the way slang works, I guess. If you're white, you can usually get away with saying "*****," but you better watch it if you say "******." I would often say "deez ****** is CRAZY" about my fellow prisoners and nobody would get upset.

Sorry if I am offending anyone, just had to break it down for y'all ******.

I wouldn't risk saying it either way. And I think that should apply to any and all racial slurs, but n****r is the most prominent one in regards to black people.

Huh, the 'phile censors racial slurs, but not foul language. Imagine that. But you can still get the jist of what I'm sayin. Nome sane?

That's part of the vBulletin censoring options:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/vboptions_group_censor

I tell you what amuses me, when I have to censor what I say about black people because of the white people in the group.

For instance, I was once at a safety meeting at the railroad I worked for and the MARTA railway was being discussed.

Someone asked, "what does does MARTA stand for" I almost said "Moving Africans Rapidly Through Atlanta", which would have been funny as shit, IMO but I didn't want to get a lecture from one of the team leaders about "racism".

I later said it separately to the 3 black members that had been present and they thought it was hilarious.

It's all about context, and whether the person(s) concerned is/are offended.

I wouldn't presume to get offended on behalf of someone from another race/creed/culture unless what's being said is obviously stupid, bigoted, racist etc. in which case it offends everyone, because it implies the listeners share the prejudices of the person telling the joke.

In your case, I would say there's obviously no cause for concern, alarm or the hue and cry of 'RACISM!'.

Snoops: belushi specifically means powder tar mixed w coke tho. im a jr in college

John Belushi was killed by a speedball (or rather 11 of them). If I'm not mistaken, he was shooting (or being shot with) powder heroin and coke.

Delirious Nomad
07-17-2013, 03:30 PM
Crazy shit what's happening with the "sizzerp" or whatever the fuck it's called.

I did notice a posting at my PM Clinic last month that read : "We are no longer prescribing Phenergan with Codeine Syrup. Do not ask for it. The Staff". I asked my Dr. about it, and he said that they had received a communication from the DEA to please "cease and desist" from prescribing Phenergan with Codeine, and to keep the DEA off their ass, they obliged. (pisses me off that the DEA is practicing medicine, but hey, whadda 'ya expect in a Police State?).

The silver lining I see is that perhaps the 'sizzerp' craze is taking their focus off the 'codones for a bit. Fuck 'em, I still say that the Drug War should be ended, the DEA abolished, and all drugs decriminalized/legalized. They were legal for thousands of years until right about the time that the Federal Reserve and the Federal Income Tax was created,.......hmmmmm. Oh yeah, that was during the time of the march towards alcohol prohibition as well, when the organized religious zealot groups were spreading PROPAGANDA (read:LIES) about Alcohol, Drugs, and we began to legislate personal morality. (If ya get the chance and have Netflix, watch the Ken Burns Documentary PROHIBITION. I learned alot of eye-popping shit from that. The entire Prohibition was caused by religious zealots who knowingly LIED about the effects of alcohol and drugs).

Time to end this BULLSHIT and make America a FREE country again. GEEESHHHHH!!!!!

Blacky Sheepster
07-17-2013, 04:21 PM
The thing about lean is the taste. I agree for the amount of drugs in it it is a total rip off but the taste! Thats why people prefer the purple stuff. The taste is obviously different from different brands and different preparations which usually have different colors. For example, an oz of MG Grove or something will go for $50 here but an oz of Actavis, which is the most desired, will fetch $70-80. Both are purple. It tastes like something you've tasted before but can't put your finger on it. Actavis purple is "peach mint" flavor. There is no way you can recreate it with jolly ranchers and shit. People have tried making lean like antienergy drinks with melatonin and stuff but the taste is just not the same. A couple ozs in a root beer or big blue or the classic sprite and omg... People call it a "skeet taste". Honestly if I had the extra money and was in the mood I'd pay just for the taste... It really tastes that good. The drugs are just extra.

TheTalkingAsshole
07-17-2013, 04:35 PM
[/COLOR] Snoops: belushi specifically means powder tar mixed w coke tho. im a jr in college

fuckin lol

im glad we can all come to our senses here
and decide what is and isnt acceptable for other ethnicities to get angry over
you know black people just cannot be trusted to determine it for themselves

DriveFast
07-17-2013, 04:53 PM
damn that is fuckin crazy!! all because it's in some rap songs? fuuuuuuuck me runnin

Narkotikon
07-17-2013, 05:09 PM
When I was a kid, my mother and older sisters would sometimes give me Dimetapp (it's a children's anti-histamine in syrup form, and it had the best fucking grape flavor). I remember begging them to give it to me because it tasted so good.

In college they'd hand out scripts for narcotic syrups all the time. All you had to do was go to the Student Health Center, fake a cough, and you'd get at least some Histussin-HC, sometimes Tussionex. I love Tussionex b/c of the wonderful pineapple flavor. BUT, that shit is thick like snot, and it's only got 2mg of hydrocodone polistyrex per 1ml (5ml = 10mg). If you have a tolerance it really isn't that recreational. The other thing is that the antihistamine in the Tussionex has a max dose, so by the time you reach the amount of hydro that you'd need, you're also taking a shitload of the antihistamine.

For all the "good" drugs in the hood, I don't know why they'd want to sip codeine / promethazine syrup when they could just shoot or snort a bag of the dope they're selling. If it's just because they're trying to emulate a rapper, that's pathetic. I mean, if I were a rapper making millions of dollars, I wouldn't waste my time and money on codeine. I don't see why someone would want to emulate ignorance. But, I'm also not the type of person to where tacky blinged out gold chains either, so I guess I don't understand that mindset.

Seriously though, if they just NEED to have a syrup, why not dissolve some heroin or some oxy into corn syrup, add food coloring, and there you go. I'd actually rather drink / sip that than the codeine. I know oral heroin is kind of pointless, but I'd rather take that and have an oral morphine high than wait for my liver to metabolise the codeine into morphine.

Blacky Sheepster
07-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Seriously though, if they just NEED to have a syrup, why not dissolve some heroin or some oxy into corn syrup, add food coloring, and there you go. I'd actually rather drink / sip that than the codeine. I know oral heroin is kind of pointless, but someone else's rather take that and have an oral morphine high than wait for my liver to metabolise the codeine into morphine.

It's the taste of it man... You could never recreate it by mixing stuff yourself unless you had the recipe. It's like trying to make the perfect pocket pussy... Maybe you get close but its never like a real pussy. If you guys ever get a chance to try it like take a sip from someone else's cup you'll see what I mean. Like I said the drugs in it are negligible for anyone like me or you with a tolerance and people do pay for it to be cool and all but still doesn't take away from the fucking awesome taste. It was also a really big culture with screw music and stuff... Lil Wayne started making it mainstream and the prices skyrocketed.... People bash it all the time and of course it doesn't make sense from a get high perspective but until you've tasted it you'll never understand how you could have an orgasm in your mouth! Well I guess some of you have done that lol but you know what I mean!

Narkotikon
07-17-2013, 08:42 PM
^^^^^^

I understand it's the taste. But $50 for an ounce of taste? That's got to be some of the tastiest shit on the planet. Although, that Dimetapp as a kid was some tasty syrup too. I think they changed the flavor since I had it in the 80's, but god it was good. It was very grapey. It's hard to remember. It just was a very bright, potent, clean grape flavor.

You know how some pharmacies can custom blend flavors for kid's medicines? I bet somehow, somewhere, some junkie pharmacist could crack the code. Hell, it would even be legal. Combine the right flavors and just sell bottles of flavored corn syrup under the pharmacy counter. Add opiate of your choice. Kind of like a make-at-home Sizzer kit.

Biggavelli
07-17-2013, 09:17 PM
It's the taste of it man... You could never recreate it by mixing stuff yourself unless you had the recipe. It's like trying to make the perfect pocket pussy... Maybe you get close but its never like a real pussy. If you guys ever get a chance to try it like take a sip from someone else's cup you'll see what I mean.

The same dudes who try and tell me this shit IRL are the same ones who will pay $50 an ounce for the ZZZQuil refills I put when my bottles are out. Even let them test a cap full so they "can be sure"....lol "AWW YEAH DATS DAT SHIT RIGHT THERE! GOOD LOOKIN BIG DAWG!".

And Lil' Wayne may have kept it prominent, but Bun-B, Pimp C and Three-6 Mafia had me insanely hyped on syrup as early as like 6th grade. Oh man...what a great time we used to have on that shit. 4 people splitting an 8-ounce bottle and smoking blunts listening to that shit. It actually used to make us have a distorted sense of time and enjoy that horrible ass "chopped and screwed" music. Ahh...to be a juvenile delinquent again...I'd give my left nut.

Indy
07-17-2013, 10:27 PM
I actually really miss being able to get high/well off of common pharmaceuticals. These days it'd take a decent amount of OC, MS contin, fentanyl, or some 'done, which just isn't available to me. I actually really like the idea of drinking something that actually tastes good, and getting an opiate high off it. Or even pills. Certainly a lot easier, and the quantity of liquid associated with PST limits how high you can get at one time with my tolerance.

TBH I never thought codeine syrup tasted very good, but mixed with some soda, yeah I would love to sip on a glass of that and get high...and tussionex, THAT stuff tastes good. No medicine-y taste at all, just pineapple. Plus that was the very first time I ever felt an opiate high.

I would LOVE a world where opiates were legal, and we could buy soda or whatever with morphine in it. Hell, if it were a low enough concentration, like 30mg of morphine in a 12 oz can, it would be really safe - if you get close to OD'ing, you would just throw up and not get any higher.

Blacky Sheepster
07-17-2013, 10:52 PM
It tastes good enough to be a once in a while thing considering the price IMO. I dunno how you could mix up Nyquil for the right brand of lean... I mean if you're getting qualitest that makes sense. It's purple but tastes like alcohol bitter nastiness. If you can crack the recipe Narko you could be a millionaire. No shit. Put some kratom, kava, valerian root, and melatonin in it and retain that taste and sell it in medicine bottles with a name like lean v2 and you're gold. You could probably sell it for like $40 an oz in headshops and the kids will probably be like shit man if its that high its got to be the real deal my jigga! Oh and just find any rapper to endorse it and you'll double your income. Then you can make etorphine syrup for the rest of us!

Zoops
11-10-2013, 12:22 AM
That would be cool, fucking heroin-lean. Why not? It'd be the same buzz. But you'd have to get the dosage juuuust right for all the little boys and girls in the hood.

Momma, gimme summa dat sweet grape sizzerp.

'Ite, momma got, momma got.

Spreadin' Butter
11-10-2013, 07:22 AM
In my hood we sip OG; liquid O mixed with apple juice. I'm spoiled I know it.

danny
11-10-2013, 07:48 AM
bigavelli - a thousand dollar pint of lean?

ill get you a pint of codeine linctus for six quid and 50 50mg promethazine tablets for another six quid, thats 12 quid, about 18, 20 dollars?

if you can find one of these thick fucks to sell to we can split the difference (joking mr. dea man) thats $980 profit minus postage and packing...

no wonder rap music has gone so lame, its being written by fuckin nincompoops...

1988 rakim 'follow me and while youre thinking you were first lets follow at magnificent speeds around the universe/what can you say as the earth gets further and further away planets are small theyre balls of clay/stray into the milky worlds outta sight/far as the eye can see not even a satellite/now stop and turn around and look/as you stare into darkness your knowledge was took...'

2008 soulja boy 'YAHH BITCH YAHH!!! YAHH BITCH YAHH!'

funny old thing, progress...

BaalIsYourLord
11-10-2013, 11:52 AM
To a kid looking up to me, life ain't nothing but bitches and money - Ice Cube (NWA) 1988

Michael
11-10-2013, 03:47 PM
Trying to find these links I found about these guys dealing lean over instagram. Fascinating stuff really. Not the action itself but how much they had. They had fucking crates and crates of the stuff stacked on each other. So it's not just pharmacy diverted stuff. There's a hole and lot of lean is leaking out onto the streets

Seriously, read this article. If only for the pictures. I'll find some samples if they let me link
http://noisey.vice.com/blog/lean-on-me
http://assets.noisey.com/content-images/contentimage/18867/_syrup.jpg

http://assets.noisey.com/content-images/contentimage/18861/_boxoflean.jpg

http://assets.noisey.com/content-images/contentimage/18868/liquids3.jpg

These guys are dealing it over instagram using money pack and making a killing. Good on em I guess. Probably using burner cell phones. I'm almost proud of them, while they might not have the means to do the SR thing in the hood, at least they're trying their own variation on it. Where there's a will, there's a way!

bigavelli - a thousand dollar pint of lean?

ill get you a pint of codeine linctus for six quid and 50 50mg promethazine tablets for another six quid, thats 12 quid, about 18, 20 dollars?

if you can find one of these thick fucks to sell to we can split the difference (joking mr. dea man) thats $980 profit minus postage and packing...

no wonder rap music has gone so lame, its being written by fuckin nincompoops...

1988 rakim 'follow me and while youre thinking you were first lets follow at magnificent speeds around the universe/what can you say as the earth gets further and further away planets are small theyre balls of clay/stray into the milky worlds outta sight/far as the eye can see not even a satellite/now stop and turn around and look/as you stare into darkness your knowledge was took...'

2008 soulja boy 'YAHH BITCH YAHH!!! YAHH BITCH YAHH!'

funny old thing, progress...

Danny, this is a cop out attitude! plenty of good rap being made today. Let's face it, the good stuff was always out of the mainstream. So it's there to be found if you want it. For some more modern amazing stuff lyrically check out Sage Francis, Danny Brown, Cage (or just leak bros album waterworld), Kool G rap, Necro, Ill bill, R.A the Rugged Man. SHiiiit, it's out there dude. Tbh modern necro has gone average. I think he's doing so much coke or something he's unable to realise it. He does some bangers though. Like his album with Kool G Rap that's dropping next week!

The Paregoric Man
11-14-2013, 08:19 AM
As someone said elsewhere it resembles the situation with oxycontin back in the late 90s, shit had been available to RX one month and crates of 80s were being distributed and sold for street level deals. Hell for years after there was just SO SO SO much on the street it couldn't have been coming from scripts.

danny
11-14-2013, 12:40 PM
aye michael, i know there is good stuff still out there, i know some of the old heads are still coming out with fire, fellas in their 40s but i thought rap was sposed to be a young mans game...i know hes not remotely underground but i got the feeling off jay electronica when i heard him for the first time a couple years back like when i heard the old timers...

im trying to think of anyone else off the top of my head, im not mad keen on the grimey style over here but durrty goodz is a talented uk mc for sure...

its just when i hear people raving about the likes of drake lil wayne chief keef b.o.b etc etc i shake my head, maybe im just a miserable old man thats had his time, but i cant rate them against the dons of the old school, you know?

jdub
11-14-2013, 12:48 PM
aye michael, i know there is good stuff still out there, i know some of the old heads are still coming out with fire, fellas in their 40s but i thought rap was sposed to be a young mans game...i know hes not remotely underground but i got the feeling off jay electronica when i heard him for the first time a couple years back like when i heard the old timers...

im trying to think of anyone else off the top of my head, im not mad keen on the grimey style over here but durrty goodz is a talented uk mc for sure...

its just when i hear people raving about the likes of drake lil wayne chief keef b.o.b etc etc i shake my head, maybe im just a miserable old man thats had his time, but i cant rate them against the dons of the old school, you know?

They don't rate with the old-school mc's (lil Wayne 2005-8 excepted). Hip hop is dead on the radio but alive and well on the Internet. You've just gotta dig for it.

Biggavelli
11-14-2013, 08:54 PM
^This.

Honestly people say hip hop is dead...but it's better than ever. More selection, diversity, intensity...everything.

Michael
11-14-2013, 09:15 PM
^This.

Honestly people say hip hop is dead...but it's better than ever. More selection, diversity, intensity...everything.

Word. I mean there's a few exceptions, but for the most part, good music has always been somewhat underground and there's always going to be a bunch of crap around. There's this attitude around, I don't know if it started with the younger generation or they're just parroting the older generation, saying things like "Oh, I'm 14 but I hate music these days, I like to listen to X!" - Seriously, go onto any Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath etc video on youtube and you'll see comments like this.

Yeah, sure, there's tons of crappy pop on tv and the radio, but that's surely been the status quo for a while right? Shit like Milli Vanilli, KISS, all that music that's solely out there as a money making venture, as opposed to musicians making and sharing good music. It didn't start overnight.

Also, tons of awesome young rappers out right now Danny. Maybe it's a matter of taste. But yeah, if you dig you'll find it. Just start on youtube and watch a video of something, then click something related and go from there.

Der Alte Krieger
11-14-2013, 11:50 PM
Big, check your SPAM filter for an Email from me.

Biggavelli
11-15-2013, 01:13 AM
Gotcha.

Narkotikon
11-15-2013, 11:15 PM
I know lean isn't about the drugs, but moreso for the attention and perception that someone is drinking it. It's still lame to me in that I don't see the point in taking a drug that doesn't get me high, but rather only impresses people. I just don't see the allure, but that's me. But that's neither here nor there.

Has anyone thought of making this shit out of OxyFast Solution? That comes in flavors too. I've never had OxyFast, but I sure as hell would rather drink that in some soda pop rather than shitty codeine / promethazine syrup.

Just curious to know if anyone's ever thought to use OxyFast for lean.

Edit:

As to the music industry and a lack of "good" music these days, it's because major labels are banking owned. The banks only want a return on their investment, so they influence the label to strive for what's trendy and popular, not necessarily "good." Music to me is art, and good art will sell, and you don't need to do a lot of promotion for good art.

But overall, I think the death of a lot of good music has to do with the fact that music execs want to appease their banker friends, and they try to tell "artists" that they need to work with this producer, or that producer, or this or that writer (because a lot of musicians don't even write their own lyrics now), because it will result in this wanted outcome. It kills the spontaneity, the originality, the art process. What is intended to be groundbreaking and new ends up being mass-produced garbage that is there to line the pockets of the investors of the label. It's not meant to appease the masses, other than they want your money.

I respect those artists who refuse to navigate those waters, or play that game. I respect the artists who write their own lyrics, are working on the production of their music, who refuse to lipsync, etc. There aren't many left, but some are still around.

Biggavelli
12-19-2013, 08:08 AM
^ I've definitely used OxyFast mixed in with sprite as a drink before, but the only thing that qualifies as lean would technically be prometh/codeine. They call it lean because if you're opiate naive', the Promethazine will have you laying on your neck in no time.

Spreadin' Butter
12-19-2013, 10:12 AM
Back in my infancy I came across some liquid oxy for hospice use. It was some GOOD drank it straight out the bottle.

Ended up getting pulled over in butt fuck nowhere for speeding and threw it out the window. I can't say I regret it because I was on probation at the time and he did search my car.