PDA

View Full Version : cold water extraction

Paregoric Kid
12-20-2004, 11:44 PM
anyone have any tips, I've never done it, but I'm worried about losing too much hydrocodone in the process.
hydrocodone/apap 7.5/750
fucking evil that they put that much tylenol in it

bi11i
12-21-2004, 01:01 AM
surely. here's the straight dope, courtesy of neonjoint.com (http://www.neonjoint.com):

Below is an example of a codeine extraction. The idea behind the following extraction is that
acetaminophen and aspirin (I'll use A/A from now on) are very
_insoluble_ in cold water. Codeine phosphate (the most common
salt of codeine) is very _soluble_ in water including cold water.
The following table explains:

Solubility (31C water) Solubility (21C water)

Aspirin 1g / 100 ml 1g / 300ml

Acetaminophen 1g / 70 ml 1g / 150 ml

Codeine 1g / 2.3 ml 1g / 0.7 ml
Phosphate

So as you can see, both A/A aren't very soluble in 21C
water, so if you cool the water to around 10C, the solubility will
drop even further. That way you can dissolve 20 tablets in 50ml
of hot water, cool the water down to 10C, filter the solution and
end up with the same amount of codeine as the tablets contained
but only a fraction of the original amount of A/A.

[...]

1. Obtain a quantity of tablets containing codeine, check to
see if they contain anything other than codeine, caffeine,
acetaminophen or aspirin. If they do, and you don't know whether
or not it will be a problem, your best bet is not to use them.
Measure out your desired amount of codeine (ex. 64 mg = 8 tablets
* 8mg/tablet). You may want to add 2 extra tablets as it is quite
likely you will lose some codeine in the procedure. As you get
more experience with the procedure you will be able to get
approx. 95% of the codeine extracted.

2. Measure out some nice hot water, use approx. 40ml / 20 tablets
or more if needed. I would suggest you don't go over 50ml for 20
tablets. I don't know if the use of boiling water would destroy
any of the codeine but your best bet is not to use it. Use hot
water but not boiling. Make sure the tablets dissolve completely.
Some dissolve on contact with water while others need some help
dissolving by crushing them. Note : not all of the tablet will
dissolve, there are water-insoluble fillers in the tablet and not
all of the A/A will dissolve either(which is what we want).

3. Place the solution in a cold bath, I just use some ice cubes
in a container of water. Stir the mixture occasionally until the
solution drops to about 15C or lower. You won't need a
thermometer to measure the temperature, just make sure it's
"cold". This will take about 30 min. If you wish to speed this
up, you can use less water to dissolve the tablets, and add ice
chips to cool the mixture faster. Just make sure you don't add
so much ice that you drastically increase the volume of the mixture.

4. Filter the solution using whatever you have. Coffee filters
work well, but lab filters work the best. Just make sure you
don't end up with obvious solids in the filtered solution. This
will take about 1 hr. You may also want to rinse the solids left
over in the filter with some ice-water to extract any remaining
codeine.

Side notes Pretty much anything that CAN be used IV is better if you shoot it. Snorting, on the other hand, in addition to being horrible for your sinuses, is wasteful, and just doesn't work as well. Why? Beats me. I'm only speaking from my own, and many others experience.

Don't use alot of water, use as little as possible. Codeine,hydrocodone, Oxycodone and morphine are all sensitive to heat and light. (Some more than others).
This method will work for oxycodone, but as a side note Percocet and most off-brands contain a relatively small amount of acetaminophen (about 350 mg or so) compared to the oxycodone (5 mg). Since oxycodone is very strong, 2 or 3 percs should have you feeling pretty darn good (as long as you don't have a huge tolerance). As a result, unless you are taking 10 or 15 percs per day, you needn't worry about acetaminophen ingestion.

Nuke
01-04-2005, 08:07 AM
Yah thats the infamous Cold water extraction. I initially use the cold water extraction before washing with DCM (to get rid of the caffeine) and again before I basify and extract the codeine into DCM. The thing is though that the colder it is the less apap or aspirin is dissolved in the solution so getting it down to like 1° or so is more preferable before decanting and filtering. The colder it is the less shit is absorbed, so once you get it down to just above freezing and you pour it in your filter put the filtering solution into the refridgerator. Even siphoning, after the sediment has settled is satisfactory. And yes the exact same procedure should work with most narcotic/apap pils ie vicodin, percocet etc. The ones that wont work is Oxycontin or MS contin, Dilaudid. Alot of the have a bunch of shit that trys to make any would be mainliner ruin his dope. if some of the inactives on the monograph say " ion-exchange resin, silicon dioxide, cellulose wax" and junk like that the chances are youre gonna ruin it if you try to extract them.

jacky
01-05-2005, 01:18 AM
what is DCM? dichloromethane? I dont really mind the caffeine myself, but then only consume 80-150 milligrams of codeine daily, with the caffeine content being twice that I barely notice. of course no caffeine would probaly allow some skilled in the art of chmestry to convert said chemical into morphine more easily I imagine.

Nuke
01-05-2005, 11:48 PM
Ya, DCM = dichloromethane. Its more for people who either want to take their codeine and play with it or have really dilute pills like the 8mg cod with 15 mg of caff, 100 pills you get around 1 1/2 grams of caffeine which is a shit load! And yah if you tried to synth your codeine with alot of caffeine you would get some really funky primordial soup.

bdubya13
06-23-2005, 12:11 PM
does this work for vicaprophen?.....cold water extraction that is

tylerdurden
06-24-2005, 10:49 AM
how would you go about extracting codeine from codeine apap elixer?

Nuke
07-05-2005, 08:19 AM
does this work for vicaprophen?.....cold water extraction that is

Yes it does.

how would you go about extracting codeine from codeine apap elixir?

Elixir? as in like cough syrup ? If so I'd say forget about it, usually it's really dilute and not even worth it, plus it's allot more complicated because of glycerin and other junk.

shercakes
07-05-2005, 06:21 PM
instead of putting in a cold bath for 1/2 hr you can put it in a freezer for a couple of minutes-i'm refering to cwe of pills-,

Nuke
07-05-2005, 11:42 PM
instead of putting in a cold bath for 1/2 hr you can put it in a freezer for a couple of minutes-i'm refering to cwe of pills-,

Thats usually the way people go about doing it, a couple minutes however won't drop the temerature much at all, 20 minutes or so is closer, or when you see tiny pieces of ice starting to form on the surface around the wall of the container.

SomniGod
09-27-2005, 10:44 AM
Side notes Pretty much anything that CAN be used IV is better if you shoot it. Snorting, on the other hand, in addition to being horrible for your sinuses, is wasteful, and just doesn't work as well. Why? Beats me. I'm only speaking from my own, and many others experience.

Don't use alot of water, use as little as possible. Codeine,hydrocodone, Oxycodone and morphine are all sensitive to heat and light. (Some more than others).
This method will work for oxycodone, but as a side note Percocet and most off-brands contain a relatively small amount of acetaminophen (about 350 mg or so) compared to the oxycodone (5 mg). Since oxycodone is very strong, 2 or 3 percs should have you feeling pretty darn good (as long as you don't have a huge tolerance). As a result, unless you are taking 10 or 15 percs per day, you needn't worry about acetaminophen ingestion.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but everything that I have been told is that codeine is poisonous if IV'd. There are a plethora of threads on P.org re: the toxicity of IV'ing C. Input please....

~S~

Paregoric Kid
09-27-2005, 11:52 AM
IV codeine is harmful, it can cause pulmonary edema, facial swelling, and all kinds of other nasty things. it's also very pointless because codeine needs to be metabolized in the liver first before it can do anything good.

SomniGod
09-27-2005, 05:33 PM
PLEASE listen to Paregoric Kid.... that is TRUE! No bangy bangy the codiene!

~S~

shoxy
10-11-2005, 10:47 AM
my sinuses are shot to hell and all that extraction business seems like a pain in the ass....any of you have a sore in your nose or does your nose feel sore really bad to the touch? just wondering....shit town shit drugs...

paesan
10-11-2005, 11:18 AM
Is your nose really sore when you touch it and slightly red??? Check the side of your face on the side that your nose is soar, near your ear and your jaw joint and see if there is a swollen lymph node. If yes, you got yourself an infection girl. Give it about a week, if it doesn't go away see a doc cuz you'll need antibiotics.

I know cuz it happens to me now after almost every coke binge I go on, especially if it's shit coke. It feels like an ingrown hair inside your nose but I assure you it's not. I've got some close enough to the front of my nose that I could look inside and see it, it looks like a giant pussy blister. I've also popped it and it fucking HURTS. I've had them so bad that my nose was noticably red and swollen for weeks and it hurt to even touch anywhere near that part of my face.

I am currently recovering from two right now (though they seem to never really go away). If you continue to blow coke or anything else for that matter than it will not go away. I think that it has happend so many times to me that even if I do just a little coke, I'll get one regardless of the quality.

So take it from me, do not put anything up your nose for a while. Let that shit heal or you'll be stuck like me and have them permanantly...

satlelitejive
05-28-2006, 02:08 PM
I've read alot about codiene and how it reacts to heat, but I can't seem to find anything about photosensitivity! My question is if I'm extracting small quantities of codiene, is it possible that I may be losing some of the codiene to direct contact with light? May seem like a silly question but I am curious......... and I wanted to add that coffee filters seem to allow some of the unwanted byproducts through; so for the benefit of those of us that are new to CWE get a funnel and plug the end with cotton; doing this usually leaves the wash clear which is what you want!!!!! I'm stuck on this site! if this was here a long time ago my liver would be in alot better shape.....thanks to all!

chemboy7
05-29-2006, 04:08 AM
I've read alot about codiene and how it reacts to heat, but I can't seem to find anything about photosensitivity! My question is if I'm extracting small quantities of codiene, is it possible that I may be losing some of the codiene to direct contact with light?

Yes, both heat and light will degrade Codiene, heat much more so than light. The only way I would see light deminishing the quality of your Codiene though is if you had your CWE water in an open air container (say a pyrex baking dish) and was fanning the air in an attempt to evaporate the water off slowly in a lit room. It sounds to me like you are doing a CWE and using the water portion, so for the limited amount of time that the Codiene is exposed to light you shouldn't notice any change in potency.

If you are in fact trying to evaporate the water portion off your Codiene, the best way to do so is to get the biggest (most bottom surface area) pan, aquarium, whatever you have, and let it sit in your closet, or equally dark room with a fan gently blowing at your solution.

goagirl23
05-29-2006, 02:40 PM
I learned a lot from this website: http://www.geocities.com/sowildaboutharry/extraction.html

satlelitejive
05-29-2006, 10:29 PM
Well done Goa! but have any of you heard about taking loperimide(imodium) as a potentiator for the effects of codiene? Is there anything deterimental to taking the afore mentioned over along period of time?

chemboy7
05-29-2006, 11:01 PM
Well done Goa! but have any of you heard about taking loperimide(imodium) as a potentiator for the effects of codiene? Is there anything deterimental to taking the afore mentioned over along period of time?

goagirl23
05-29-2006, 11:12 PM
As for Immodium, I know that it contains whatever they put into opiates like oc's that tends to make people constipated. I have never heard of it as a potentiator for any of the nice euphoric effetcs. Let me know what happens if you try it!

chemboy7
05-29-2006, 11:17 PM
As for Immodium, I know that it contains whatever they put into opiates like oc's that tends to make people constipated. I have never heard of it as a potentiator for any of the nice euphoric effetcs. Let me know what happens if you try it!

Actually, they don't put anything special in the Immodium to constipate you other than the active ingredient, Loperamide. Loperamide is an Opaite and thus constipates you... as do all Opaites. As to the question about using it to potentiate the effects of Opaites, as I tried to convey in my previous post and messed up, I believe that Loperamide blocks your opoid receptors like Naltrexone or Bup. making it counterproductive.

red26
05-30-2006, 12:13 AM
Lopermide having a agonist/antagonistic property? I dunno. I recall a long time ago, I think it was Paragoric Kid talking about test being done with lopermide and at a cirtain level producing a slight euphoric effect while keeping the withdrawl symptoms away. Shit I use it being I seem to be d-toxing every other week these days. For some of us its a miricle, some not so. I believe it is a straight up alkoloid derived from P.S. but then again I dont put anything past the pharmacutical companies these days either.

satlelitejive
05-30-2006, 11:20 AM
I looked into it and this is what I got! When administering codiene rectally it is ideal to take a dose of loperimide because it causes the vili in the descending colon to suck(for lack of a better term) the liquid; which is primarily water(which lubricates the feces: providing movement, I can see how the loperamide would stop diarhia) allowing more of the codiene to pass into the cells. It was explained to me like this, but it was in passing so you may want to look into it before trying. Interesting though!

exitwound
05-31-2006, 01:11 PM
I looked into it and this is what I got! When administering codiene rectally it is ideal to take a dose of loperimide because it causes the vili in the descending colon to suck(for lack of a better term) the liquid; which is primarily water(which lubricates the feces: providing movement, I can see how the loperamide would stop diarhia) allowing more of the codiene to pass into the cells. It was explained to me like this, but it was in passing so you may want to look into it before trying. Interesting though!

The problem is that adminstering Codeine rectally means you bypass the first-pass metabolism in the liver....and that is precisely what converts codeine to morphine! So you're basically giving yourself a very toxic pro-drug and preventing the process that converts it into a useful drug. D'oh!

satlelitejive
06-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Ah there in lyes the problem! Well does it pass through the liver at all?

narconaut
07-30-2006, 11:25 PM
I've tried to do CWE on hydr. several times, and I believe I'm doing something wrong, or using the wrong pills. I'll try to describe what I'm doing.

First I start with around 10 tabs, the watson 540's (blue, 10mg). I grind them up into fine powder, dissolve in 50 mL of cool water, and stick it in the freezer in a bowl. I stir every 15 mins. When the solution is very cold, and ice is just starting to form around the edges, I take it out, and squeeze the mixture through a piece of a bedsheet, wring it out, and keep the solids. I take the liquid and let it drip through a coffee filter & funnel in the fridge for about an hour. I re-dissolve the solids in another 50 mL, put in the freezer, and filter it the same way. Sometimes I may filter a third time.

The coffee filter usually gets plugged and I'll speed the process by swirling it around the sides. The material that clogs it is a very fine, white powder. I'm assuming this is APAP?

I take the blue liquid that has passed thru the coffee filter and usually let it air-evaporate away from light and over a low heat source (cable receiver). As it evaporates, the solution drops crystals - I can't tell what color they are but they have a gritty, sandy feel to them. At some point I draw most of the liquid into a nose spray bottle for use at the office - this liquid seems to give the best effect. I also finished drying the crystally sludge. It has a bitter taste. If I grind it up and snort it, I get maybe half the effect I would from the liquid. Would there be much APAP in that stuff - if so, whats the best way to filter it? Also, I can sometimes get an effect from the solids leftover from the freezing part, if it still has alot of blue color and bitter taste; but sometimes it will be mostly white and tasteless, then I just throw it away.

Has anyone else worked with these particular tabs? Are they more difficult to extract than others? Anyone got any tips for improving my yield in the liquid?

narconaut
07-31-2006, 05:14 PM
OOps, I meant to add, this is by prescription of course, but I don't take APAP if I can avoid it.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/7994/noob1lh8.jpg

lea
08-01-2006, 12:35 PM
surely. here's the straight dope, courtesy of neonjoint.com (http://www.neonjoint.com):

Below is an example of a codeine extraction. The idea behind the following extraction is that
acetaminophen and aspirin (I'll use A/A from now on) are very
_insoluble_ in cold water. Codeine phosphate (the most common
salt of codeine) is very _soluble_ in water including cold water.
The following table explains:

Solubility (31C water) Solubility (21C water)

Aspirin 1g / 100 ml 1g / 300ml

Acetaminophen 1g / 70 ml 1g / 150 ml

Codeine 1g / 2.3 ml 1g / 0.7 ml
Phosphate

So as you can see, both A/A aren't very soluble in 21C
water, so if you cool the water to around 10C, the solubility will
drop even further. That way you can dissolve 20 tablets in 50ml
of hot water, cool the water down to 10C, filter the solution and
end up with the same amount of codeine as the tablets contained
but only a fraction of the original amount of A/A.

[...]

1. Obtain a quantity of tablets containing codeine, check to
see if they contain anything other than codeine, caffeine,
acetaminophen or aspirin. If they do, and you don't know whether
or not it will be a problem, your best bet is not to use them.
Measure out your desired amount of codeine (ex. 64 mg = 8 tablets
* 8mg/tablet). You may want to add 2 extra tablets as it is quite
likely you will lose some codeine in the procedure. As you get
more experience with the procedure you will be able to get
approx. 95% of the codeine extracted.

2. Measure out some nice hot water, use approx. 40ml / 20 tablets
or more if needed. I would suggest you don't go over 50ml for 20
tablets. I don't know if the use of boiling water would destroy
any of the codeine but your best bet is not to use it. Use hot
water but not boiling. Make sure the tablets dissolve completely.
Some dissolve on contact with water while others need some help
dissolving by crushing them. Note : not all of the tablet will
dissolve, there are water-insoluble fillers in the tablet and not
all of the A/A will dissolve either(which is what we want).

3. Place the solution in a cold bath, I just use some ice cubes
in a container of water. Stir the mixture occasionally until the
solution drops to about 15C or lower. You won't need a
thermometer to measure the temperature, just make sure it's
"cold". This will take about 30 min. If you wish to speed this
up, you can use less water to dissolve the tablets, and add ice
chips to cool the mixture faster. Just make sure you don't add
so much ice that you drastically increase the volume of the mixture.

4. Filter the solution using whatever you have. Coffee filters
work well, but lab filters work the best. Just make sure you
don't end up with obvious solids in the filtered solution. This
will take about 1 hr. You may also want to rinse the solids left
over in the filter with some ice-water to extract any remaining
codeine.

This method will work for oxycodone, but as a side note Percocet and most off-brands contain a relatively small amount of acetaminophen (about 350 mg or so) compared to the oxycodone (5 mg). Since oxycodone is very strong, 2 or 3 percs should have you feeling pretty darn good (as long as you don't have a huge tolerance). As a result, unless you are taking 10 or 15 percs per day, you needn't worry about acetaminophen ingestion. What type of filter do you use.

AWOL
12-15-2006, 08:47 PM
I think it would be cool if this post could be a sticky.

Might just be me, but the forum sure gets a lot of CWE questions and this info has been out here on the forum since 12/2004. Just my opinion on that though. Also, if anyone wanted to read more of the original document that bi11i posted. http://www.erowid.org/pharms/codeine/codeine_faq.shtml#extraction

AWOL
07-05-2007, 12:05 AM
I thought it would be a good idea to have this in the hydrocodone forum, and a permanent redirect in the chemistry / hydrocodone forum where it was originally posted. That way it can be found in both places as this is a question that gets brought up a lot, and a thread that gets viewed a whole lot.

Unless there are any objections of course.

cactus31
07-10-2007, 02:54 PM
I've got a couple questions regarding this extraction method:

I'm working with hydrocodone, usually 5 (quantity) 5/500mg tablets at a time. I'm looking to get around 20mg, and figuring that something will be lost, I use 5 tablets. I powder the tabs to the finest consistency possibly, then add 2-3ml of warm water per tab, then stir for about one minute.

I put the mix in the freezer because frankly, I'm impatient. I wait about 30 minutes and pour through a coffee filter into a container. After 30 minutes, the temp according to the thermometer is usually between 35-40 degrees farenheit. Note that no real 'crystals' have formed, but I see a lot of 'gunk' at the bottom of the vessel.

Now, the questions:

-Is that cold enough to really separate the acetaminophen from the narcotic?
-Does rinsing twice make a difference?

One more thing...I am not too confident in the accuracy of this method, because it seems that compared to the volume of the original pile of powder before adding water in the first place, the amount of acetaminophen that ends up as filtrate is comparatively small.

Also, the end result for me is *mostly* clear water, depending on the angle it is viewed at. It appears to have a small amount of powder remaining (acetaminophen), but is pretty clear.

Does this sound right?

bluide*devil
07-11-2007, 01:26 AM
I put the mix in the freezer because frankly, I'm impatient.

Now, the questions:

-Is that cold enough to really separate the acetaminophen from the narcotic?
-Does rinsing twice make a difference?

One more thing...I am not too confident in the accuracy of this method, because it seems that compared to the volume of the original pile of powder before adding water in the first place, the amount of acetaminophen that ends up as filtrate is comparatively small.

Does this sound right?

1. yes. acetaminophen/APAP gets less soluble the lower the water temp. so, even at 35-40F, the APAP is more soluble than it would be at a higher temperature. as you noticed, there is APAP left over from your extraction, however small (in your experience). but a lower temp will allow even more APAP to be removed. and make sure your solution is fluid, not a runny paste. for 5 pills, SWIM would use about 1/8th cup of water, maybe a little more.

2. maybe. SWIM's never noticed an appreciable difference, but it couldn't hurt.

as far as the freezer method, when SWIM is really impatient he just puts ice cubes in the glass and stirs until the water is freezing cold/or puts it back in the freezer, stirring occasionally. then he removes the ice cubes (and sucks on them briefly) and filters the solution. it takes about 5 minutes for the water to get really cold. i don't think that more water will hurt the extraction. it hasn't for SWIM, anyway.

sounds like your method is 'sound'. :)

i think that the volume of APAP left in the filter looks like less than what was in the pill because it is wet (and squeezed into a new shape), and has more surface area than the original pill.

now give me your soul. :sandm:

Inspektahdek
08-15-2007, 12:59 PM
Here is the simplest CWE I can think of. It is easy and it takes less than 1 minute:

All you need is: 2 glasses (or anything that can hold water); Tissue paper; Spoon (or your finger, anything to stir with); Water.

STEP 1. Put pills in the first container. Pour enough COLD water to completely submerge pills (from the sink, no need to cool it in fridge). No need for excessive water. Stir untill all pills are completely dissolved.

STEP 2. Take 2 pieces of tissue on top of each other, hold them on top of the second container like a filter; gently pour contents of container 1 through filter into container 2.

THAT'S IT! drink the water, discard the stuff caught in the filter.

It is THAT easy. Of course, this is the bearbones of it, just to show how easy it is so that you have no excuse not to do it! For a more refined process, do a search. But this as-is WORKS. Not only will your liver thank me for reminding you of this and saving its life, but also you will when you find your drugs are hitting you faster and harder!

Jocko
09-16-2007, 10:13 AM
Inspek - I've been curious about this for a while now; I think I'll try your "one minute special" - if it's not effective, I guess I can always try the more time consuming method. By the way, I'm thinking of just using 3-4 Norcos (10/325) for my first run - I'm assuming this would be sufficient, no?

jwalm
09-16-2007, 12:39 PM
why are you guys doing CWE on 3-4 pills with 325mg of APAP in each pill?-just swallow the pills

even with 5 pills of 500mg APAP i would just swallow the five pills, unless i have been taking pills that contain APAP consistently

like many people here, i have taken ungodly amounts of acetaminophen in the past (amounts I am embarrassed to divulge)

and using Kleenex to filter? wouldn't those tear super easy? use Melitta natural brown filters.

a normal CWE for me consists of 30-40 10mg/500mg hydrocodone/APAP pills-unfortunately i don't have access to shit loads of free opiates like i used to:D

Inspektahdek
09-20-2007, 09:50 AM
coffee filters work best or a cotton tee shirt, yet I was explaining a bare none essential use with and if u had nothing to use but still reliable

oh and if u have 4 norcos, just eating them isnt bad for your liver at all

Jocko
09-22-2007, 11:47 AM
why are you guys doing CWE on 3-4 pills with 325mg of APAP in each pill?-just swallow the pills

I don't know what to tell you, man - I just thought I'd try it. Perhaps you're right - maybe I should use a bit more, but since I've never done it before, I figured I'd try it on just a few pills to check it out. That's the best answer I can give you, my friend. :)

chopstix
09-22-2007, 12:45 PM
I don't usually bother unless it's over 2 grams of APAP that you're looking at or you're going to be drinking with the pills. It is really easy to do though, maybe do a practice run on 6-7 pills just so you know the routine. Tissue does work fine but it will tear if you're not careful. Make sure that whatever you use for filtering, you get it wet first.

gauchoamigo
07-21-2008, 06:33 PM
And there is also the option of buying pure hydrocodone. Knoll/Abbott's DICODID 10mg is the best brand, if you can find it, being manufactured in Germany. Warning though; it is NOT an analgesic in Europe but an antitussive, and any mention of needing hydrocodone for pain will result in no script and no delivery. Dry, hacking, painful cough is the indication. Only in the USA is hydrocodone used as a painkiller, which is probably why it must be adulterated with a non-narcotic analgesic by law.
Gaucho

somadude
07-24-2008, 09:19 AM
Actually, they don't put anything special in the Immodium to constipate you other than the active ingredient, Loperamide. Loperamide is an Opaite and thus constipates you... as do all Opaites. As to the question about using it to potentiate the effects of Opaites, as I tried to convey in my previous post and messed up, I believe that Loperamide blocks your opoid receptors like Naltrexone or Bup. making it counterproductive.

Loperasmide is one of the strongest opiates that there is. Only one problem, It does not cros the blood brain barrier. SO you only get the srrects on the gut-constipation. I have read if you take a lot more than the therapeutic dose (I dont remember how much, thats what the internet is for) you wil get a weak darvon like buzz.:rolleyes:

reddragon3668
08-29-2008, 02:06 PM
One quick question.. I am doing a CWE on some hydro 5/500 and I added the water and stuck it in the freezer.. like a dumb ass, I forgot about it... and the top of it froze.. is this a problem? I mean, it was only about 1/8th of an inch on the top that froze... will it still be okay or does extreme cold degrade the hydrocodone in it? Thanks!

upstate_007
08-29-2008, 02:43 PM
I had that happen to me once also. I just let the ice thaw out and everything was fine. No worries man.

WarmCyanide
09-14-2008, 02:55 PM
i'll put this here

Regarding CWE with propoxyphene(darvocet,darvon):

I think darvocets suck and aren't worth it. If you have any kind of opiate tolerance they serve
a better use as earplugs

Propoxyphene Napsylate (Darvocet-N) is "very slightly soluble in water"

Propoxyphene Hydrochloride (Darvon) is "freely soluble in water" but needs no CWE
because there is no APAP in it. i think there is a darvon aspirin combo though.

Propoxyphene Napsylate was put on the market so it cannot be easily soluble in water. They did this on purpose to prevent abuse. It is soluble in Ethanol (EtOH).

Approximate quantity of solvent by volume for one part of soluble by weight. For example, 1g of a very soluble substance dissolves in less than 1ml of solvent.

Very soluble less than 1 part

Freely soluble from 1 to 10 parts

Soluble from 10 to 30 parts

Sparingly soluble from 30 to 100 parts

Slightly soluble from 100 to 1000 parts

Very slightly soluble from 1000 to 10,000 parts

Practically insoluble more than 10,000 parts

Acetominophen solubility:

cold water: ? (rather insolube) i couldn't find the ratio
water 1:70
boiling water 1:20
alcohol 1:10
chloroform 1:50
glycerin 1:40
ether slightly soluble

i would never condone the use of any method to alter or manipulate a controlled substance in any way.I also do not recommend the transfer of any controlled substance from the person who it is
prescribed to any other person. that is illegal and i would never break any law whatsoever.
all of the above is purely for artistic interpretation and is fictional as far as i know.

wheatpenny
12-07-2009, 12:03 PM
Does the liquid in question for CWE have to be water? Wondering if one could use ice tea, fruit punch, juice, etc?

Uncle Wiggly
12-08-2009, 12:29 PM
:rolleyes: The previous post should serve as a full explanation as to why I'm closing this thread. There's a lot of good info in here. If any new, earth-shattering news happens in the field of CWE either start a new thread or ask one of us mods to re-open this one.

JonnyM
12-08-2009, 03:48 PM
Also since its closed, one of our awesome members made a video on doing a CWEl

You can find it here. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8SUYFYHe1w)