PDA

View Full Version : New generic suboxone is out

The Ryan
03-16-2013, 08:58 PM
New generic suboxone is out, orange round pill imprints "AN 415."

I haven't seen one in person but my friend did and just showed me a picture, he said they are harder to break down and crush.

But I wonder what the price at pharmacies are? Anyone seen or heard of these pills?

Layne
03-16-2013, 10:42 PM
Do they still have that lemon lime flavored crap? I was hoping they would be flavorless.

CanadianColdWater
03-16-2013, 10:59 PM
Do they still have that lemon lime flavored crap? I was hoping they would be flavorless.

At least one person in this thread:

http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/oxycontin/TJ7NOPQBE0R9PQH8U

said it doesn't have the awful lemon flavor. I don't know if that means another flavor or none at all, but I would bet on the latter.

Your prayers have been answered, sir!

Boy
03-17-2013, 12:10 AM
I wonder if they work the same and I can definitely see that they never took into account the people that do not take multiples of 8mg. :scholar:

tupperwareparty
03-17-2013, 01:47 AM
i love how much confusion there is in-between ppl's posts over there on that topix forum.. one person describes one thing, then someone else quotes half of it and half of another person's post and derives a third opinion.. so silly

normus420
03-17-2013, 01:52 AM
Lol yea holy shit those people are confused over on topix. I think most of the posters
Have no clue the difference between suboxone and subutex.

hydrophile
03-17-2013, 04:05 AM
It hurts my brain how many ppl have ZERO clue wtf they have been (ab)using for literally years. Son of a bitch that takes one ignorat jack ass. Oh well i guess thats there life i dont know them so icant judge haha....or maybe i

CanadianColdWater
03-17-2013, 02:19 PM
It hurts my brain how many ppl have ZERO clue wtf they have been (ab)using for literally years. Son of a bitch that takes one ignorat jack ass. Oh well i guess thats there life i dont know them so icant judge haha....or maybe i

^ This.

I know so many people who have been abusing pills for years and even have their OWN scripts sometimes, and they can just LOOK at the damn medicine bottle and find out the actual name of the drug. But they STILL go around saying "Yeah man, I got some hydro-morphine and some Roxi-cottons here...not gonna have any Laura-Tabs till next week." or "I was on ox-eez but switched to a totally new and different drug called Perk-a-set. It's got oxy-codeine in it!"

jtown
03-19-2013, 06:38 PM
Just wanted to say that I almost got the Amneal generic subs......they're called Buna. Something like that. Kind of weird that they aren't just "buprenorphine/naloxone"....hell it was confusing the pharmacy tech. But they were out or apparently hadn't gotten them in, I don't know. They aren't much cheaper though, a week supply (7 pills) cost fucking $63!!!!! So no....not cheaper. Bullshit.

jtown
03-27-2013, 10:08 PM
Here it is boys......just got these today and I have to say I like them a lot.....hell they break down into a clear solution when IV.
http://forum.opiophile.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=10024&d=1364443628&thumb=1

nodrover
03-28-2013, 03:43 AM
I went to pharmacy yesterday to drop script off. Asked whether generic came out or not. Pharmacist said yes, Actavis had shipped in a few weeks ago and I would most likely get those. I asked to see them...she broke the seal on one of the white bottles and showed me...she smelled them for me when I asked what flavor they were and she said there was no discernible smell.

However, after work, when I go to pick up said script, I ended up with brand name stop signs and no generic. I was told this was because they still had brand name tablets in stock, and that next month, I was def. going to be getting the generic. I actually wanted the generic this month to test them out, but looks like I'll have to wait.

I'm happy this day has come though, that's for sure.

fluffhead
03-28-2013, 11:59 PM
My sub doctor recently told me about these and confirmed that they are currently around the same price. The potential good news though- Dr. says that in about 6 months the price should drop considerably. Not sure why that is but my Dr. says that is historically how it happens.

Also suggested I may want to try them and see if I have less often and less painful headaches.When I replied with, well isn't it the same formula..so how would it not give me headaches? Dr. then made a kinda believable point, which was- many people have a preference to one brand over another all the time, citing noticeable different physical effects. Think about how many of us say we like this brand over that one etc.

I don't know if I totally believe the Dr. but it gave me a little hope considering I get killer headaches and my suggestions of switching me to subutex has always been easily dismissed.

So, anyone on generics with prior headaches caused by name brand..please let us know if you notice a reduction in frequency or severity. Please and thank ya :)

jtown
03-29-2013, 12:08 AM
My sub doctor recently told me about these and confirmed that they are currently around the same price. The potential good news though- Dr. says that in about 6 months the price should drop considerably. Not sure why that is but my Dr. says that is historically how it happens.

Also suggested I may want to try them and see if I have less often and less painful headaches.When I replied with, well isn't it the same formula..so how would it not give me headaches? Dr. then made a kinda believable point, which was- many people have a preference to one brand over another all the time, citing noticeable different physical effects. Think about how many of us say we like this brand over that one etc.

I don't know if I totally believe the Dr. but it gave me a little hope considering I get killer headaches and my suggestions of switching me to subutex has always been easily dismissed.

So, anyone on generics with prior headaches caused by name brand..please let us know if you notice a reduction in frequency or severity. Please and thank ya :)

Yeah, they are same price. I like them better, except for the fact they have no score...gonna invest in a pill cutter I guess but don't really mind. Weird thing is that when my wife brought them home from the pharm I grabbed my bottle out of the bag, dumped some in my hand to examine them, and couldn't smell the orange or whatever... The only way I smelled it is when I actually stuck my nose in the bottle and it was very slight. Haven't tried them subL but maybe will tomorrow so I can let yal know how they taste, dissolve, etc....