PDA

View Full Version : Mixing Benzos!?!?

insaneike
11-17-2006, 01:47 AM
Well, I'm wondering, exactly how safe is it to mix different benzodiazepines such as Xanax(Alprazolam), Klonopin(Clonazepam), and/or Valium(Diazepam) are? I'm almost certain I've mixed them in the past, but the past year I've been on soo many narcotics and related drugs(for pain from a surgery that went wrong) that I hoenstly don't know and don't remember lol.

So would it be safe to mixmy usual doses of Xanax with Clonazepam or Xanax and Valium safely along with my opiates(Fent, oxy, and/or 'done and sometimes Lortab)? Right now I've just been doing the xanax alone with my opioids, and I'm aware of thsoe dangers and know how to use moderately and have a stupid toler to opis, but a media one to benzos. So would mixing valium or clonazpeam(not both) with my xanax be safe?

Now don't give me the dangers of opis and benzos as I know and am prescribed both... just want possible negative effects that could come from xans with valium or kpins...

Any help greatly appreciated ahead of time and I've done been searchign around without any luck as to my Q. and I'm like 95% sure the mix is quite safe, just wanna be for certain ya know?

I'd also like replies from the ppl who've actualy mixed them. Not from folks whose just read about it and posting the info(tho your help is still appreciated). I mainly wanna ehar the experiences from ppl who've mixed them y'know?

Later

SpecialGuy69
11-17-2006, 02:25 AM
Ike - I do this regularly, but I use my benzos in moderation. For example, my normal dose is 1mg xanax or 10mg valium or 1mg k-pin. Sometimes I'll take .5mg xanax and 5mg valium, it still adds up to approximately the same dose, but I like the feeling of mixing them. I think that you are safe, as long as you decrease your dose of each so that your total dosage isn't any more.

This isn't worded very well. Basically, I think the bigger danger would be from taking a larger total dose (not mg for mg, but dose for dose), and as long as you take the same overall dose you are fine.

Comprende'?

chemboy7
11-17-2006, 02:26 AM
Yeah when I have a variety I like to mix and match my Benzos to go along with my Opaites. Different Benzos have different qualities, by throwing different ones together you can better control what your going to get out of it. My favorite mixture is Rophynl or Tamazepam and Alprazolam; go together fucking great... if you can remember it. The main thing to keep in mind when considering your dose is how much your taking... it can build up too high fast (on it's own that's not too much of a problem but when mixed with Opaites it can be trouble). If you don't already have the information a Benzodiazepine equivilence chart would be a good thing to have, I'm sure you could find one online. Then you'll have something like X amount of Xanax = Y amount Valium and just add that ontop of your dose of Valium (or whatever) like you would normally dose.

moviebuff927
11-17-2006, 02:59 AM
I, too do this all the time. The trick is to know your limits. If you're new to benzos (which I'm sure you're not) you should know how much is too much.

If I have an opiate and a benzo, I'm taking both of them. If they're in my possession, they're as good as gone :D

But, the 2 times I've overdosed, it's been because of combining the two so obviously it is a risky thing if you don't know what you're doing.

The best advice is the obvious: start low and build up. You'll know how much to take. If it takes you 5 Percocets to get going, and 5 blue Xanies, I'd suggest take 3 Percs and 3 Xanies. But remember the synergestic effect. If 1 Perc + 1 Perc = 2 Percs, 1 Perc + 1 Xanax = ????

I know I stated the obvious...but back to combining Benzos...it's pretty much the same thing. They're are equivalency charts and I believe that 10mg diazepam (Valium) = .5mg alprazolam (Xanax) = .5mg clonazepam (Klonopin). More info, go here

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/index.htm

insaneike
11-17-2006, 03:09 AM
Oh no no guys, I know my doses and how much to do of each(even mixed... oddly lol). I just wanted to kno if it's a-ok to take two or three diff benzos at once with my pain pills... I know my doses and how to dose out myself in moderation(to an extent :rolleyes:) and all. Plus the benzo equiv charts are BS as far as recreation effects go, as they go on the intended(anagesic?) effects. I know what benzos is equiv to in antoher benzo form. I've been on benzos since I was 16(now 21)... I already know how to dose and how I will be dosing myself(done did half the pills i aim t dose on tonight and feelin GREAT!)./ So far I'm on the Xan+Val combo and the Oxy+Methadone combo for my opiates. Feeling damn good so far... still got my vals to crunch into now :D

Just figured I'd let u guys knows this so you don't waist no more time going into detail(y'know what I mean) about the dosages and risks of mxing and all. So unless there is a risk of mixing diff benzos, then thats all I need to know.

Thx anyway folks! and damn I love this place, and i love you guys, god I don't think i could ahte anyone at this point :D

later

PantyShot9
11-26-2006, 02:12 PM
Yeah when I have a variety I like to mix and match my Benzos to go along with my Opaites. Different Benzos have different qualities, by throwing different ones together you can better control what your going to get out of it. My favorite mixture is Rophynl or Tamazepam and Alprazolam; go together fucking great... if you can remember it. The main thing to keep in mind when considering your dose is how much your taking... it can build up too high fast (on it's own that's not too much of a problem but when mixed with Opaites it can be trouble). If you don't already have the information a Benzodiazepine equivilence chart would be a good thing to have, I'm sure you could find one online. Then you'll have something like X amount of Xanax = Y amount Valium and just add that ontop of your dose of Valium (or whatever) like you would normally dose.

So true I had never even thought of doing this but I got the shitty .25 mg Xanax recently and also had some Temazepam. And for some odd reason all Temmazies do to me is make me warm and make me subtly retarded. I'm almost conscious of it but not all the way. I toook them together and had fun.

sOfAKiNg
12-01-2006, 02:08 PM
Yeah Its pretty safe. i do it all the time. just know your limits.

edarrin
12-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Likewise. I do it all the time. Mix different benzos and mix different opiods regulaly. it's pretty safe if you know your limits.

The only time I think there is extra danger involved is when you take some benzos before a shot of new dope where you aren't really sure of the potency. That is the only times I have ever run into trouble.