PDA

View Full Version : Toradol & Ketorolac, has anyone tried these 2 pills?

lord of the pings
12-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Just as the title says. Does anyone have any experience with these 2 drugs. Even if you don't get a buzz from these how about real pain killing? Like if I had major tooth ache and I could not get a hold of any opiates would taking these ease my pain?

Any info is much appreciated. Thank you.

entropy
12-15-2012, 01:51 PM
they should work very well for your toothache. pain killing wise, they're pretty good

monkeyphunk
12-15-2012, 03:49 PM
toradol worked better for killing pain then dialudid did when i was, in the hospital

not that i didn't enjoy the d just the toradol killed the pain

Larkin
12-15-2012, 09:26 PM
I've had the similar diclofenac for a toothache and it worked pretty well

normus420
12-15-2012, 11:25 PM
Toradol should work good for the toothache, not so much of a buzz tho. also believe it or not nothin works better for my toothaches then a good dose of ibprofin.

fluffhead
12-15-2012, 11:52 PM
Glad you mentioned this, I have severe back pain and a job that adds to the pain. My family doc didnt have any real suggestions on how to handle it. My sub doc mentioned next time it flairs up that she can give me toradol. I had never even heard of toradol ? She praised it as the ultimate potentiator. She also claimed that if I took my subs in halves and more frequently; rather than a whole at a time, that it would be more affective for pain management.

gimpylegs
12-16-2012, 01:58 AM
A few things to know about torodol...it is basically a high powered NSAID. Do not take large amounts of ibuprofen or other NSAIDs along with torodol.

More importantly, theres a significant portion of the population that are allergic to it. Typically before being RX'd pills for the first time, a test injection would be given to check for sensitivity. Use caution if you have not taken it before.

It also should only be used for no more than five consecutive days due to the very real possibility of kidney failure.

I hope this info helps you make a more informed decision. Good luck.

SapphireBlue
12-16-2012, 02:12 AM
Yes Toradol is an NSAID and therefore should not be combined with ibuprofen. This class of drugs is metabolized primarily via the kidneys so anyone with kidney problems of any sort should check with their dr before using it.

lord of the pings
12-16-2012, 02:14 PM
Awesome info, thanks guys (and gals). Anyone have info about Ketorolac?. Looks like the Toradol might do the trick but I have access to both and was wondering if one is better than the other. Again, thanks all.

Dr. McKay
12-16-2012, 04:46 PM
I used to get shots of toradol when injured playing football.

pullmyhair
12-16-2012, 05:48 PM
Awesome info, thanks guys (and gals). Anyone have info about Ketorolac?. Looks like the Toradol might do the trick but I have access to both and was wondering if one is better than the other. Again, thanks all.

Ketorolac IS Toradol. Toradol is a brand name.

opi,esq
12-17-2012, 12:54 AM
Not sure what your ailment is, but I used to take ketoprofen all.the.time. It works very well for joint/bone pain, but is no longer OTC, and you may run I to problems with the pharmacy having it in stock.

lord of the pings
12-18-2012, 10:07 PM
Ketorolac IS Toradol. Toradol is a brand name.

LOL, I did not know that, Dude said he has both so I thought they were 2 different things, haha. Thanks man!

--- auto merge ---

Not sure what your ailment is, but I used to take ketoprofen all.the.time. It works very well for joint/bone pain, but is no longer OTC, and you may run I to problems with the pharmacy having it in stock.

Thanks opi. It's not for me it's for a friend who is going to do some traveling and her teeth are bad. She is worried that something might happen pain wise and will not be able to get anything. SHe has a legit doc and all and he won't even give her Vicodin so when she is in pain she usually asks me to get from the streets. I usually don't have a hard time sourcing these things but none of my regular dudes have anything. I'll look into Ketoprofen thanks for the tip!

opi,esq
12-18-2012, 10:18 PM
LOL, I did not know that, Dude said he has both so I thought they were 2 different things, haha. Thanks man!

--- auto merge ---

Thanks opi. It's not for me it's for a friend who is going to do some traveling and her teeth are bad. She is worried that something might happen pain wise and will not be able to get anything. SHe has a legit doc and all and he won't even give her Vicodin so when she is in pain she usually asks me to get from the streets. I usually don't have a hard time sourcing these things but none of my regular dudes have anything. I'll look into Ketoprofen thanks for the tip!

Ketoprofen works very well for tooth pain, and is a little gentler on your kidneys and liver than Toradol. I've never had a problem getting a script for it - I think doctors are so stunned when you ask for a non-narcotic to treat pain, they usually write for a ton.

I'm still pissed they took Vioxx off the market. It worked the best for my degenerative disk disease.

Count Zero
12-18-2012, 10:40 PM
Celebrex too, that stuff actually works, as did Vioxx. Thanks be to allah I have a small stash, free samples due to my PA, who I would love to have sex with. I'm sort of obsessed with fooling around with her which sucks because it will never happen but she kinda likes me too and gives me all the free shit I can take (except for C2s natch), and there's nothing wrong with thinking about it as long as you don't act on it (IMO).

opi,esq
12-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Celebrex too, that stuff actually works, as did Vioxx. Thanks be to allah I have a small stash, free samples due to my PA, who I would love to have sex with. I'm sort of obsessed with fooling around with her which sucks because it will never happen but she kinda likes me too and gives me all the free shit I can take (except for C2s natch), and there's nothing wrong with thinking about it as long as you don't act on it (IMO).

I'm allergic to sulfa drugs, and Celebrex has sulfa in it. I would literally sell my own mother for 30 Vioxxes. Fucking old people and their fucking heart attacks!

The Paregoric Man
12-18-2012, 11:37 PM
Huh, I thought toradol was that new crappy opioid which using google I see is actually tapentadol.

calamus
02-01-2013, 08:31 PM
Last time I was in the OR they gave me an IM shot of Toradol, which at the time I thought was Toridal. Glad I know how to spell it now. It also worked great to keep me out of pain.

Also, IM shots of NSAIDs...can't say I recommend that to anyone.