PDA

View Full Version : Methadone detox with Kratom

duck
12-15-2012, 09:45 AM
I have been on methadone for about 2.5 years now. I was on 150mg for the first year, but have been slowly tapering.

Im now down to 55mg.

I drop 5mg about every 3 weeks, and will start dropping even slower as I get closer to zero.

If I can find a script of percocets or hydros, I plan to to decrease my methadone dose to under 5mg, and then switch to percocets or hydros for several weeks, tapering those. I have had an extremely hard time finding a good amount of these pills, so i may just use straight kratom.

has anyone else used kratom after dropping their methadone dose? any success? I know it won't cure all the symptoms, but anything to help a bit would be awesome.

Thanks

Dr. McKay
12-15-2012, 10:03 AM
I once spoke to the guys over at Mu and they said they have a very good friend that stopped cold turkey on 150 mgs a day using kratom.

they said the first week was a bit rough, but he got through it fairly well, and after that he was totally fine after 1 week.

I peronally have found that if you plan on taking kratom to kick, then you need to start loading up on it as you lower your dose of the drug you are coming off of. this way the krartom is totally saturated in your body when you stop taking the done.

I bet it will work well especially if you plan on going down to only 5 mg of done... mo st people drop off at around 30 mg when they switch to bupe.

so 5 is going to be a breeze for you !

duck
12-15-2012, 10:05 AM
That's a very good point about saturating your body with the kratom before switching, thanks doc. i do not plan to use any bupe at all, hopefully for the rest of my life

chopstix
12-15-2012, 10:48 AM
I've done it, it does help but how much is gonna depend on a lot of factors. Like a lot of things around here, it's gonna be very subjective even down to the quality of the kratom and how well you're dealing with the wd.

Maybe consider getting some kratom and seeing how well it works with MD in your system, like early on a Monday morning when you haven't dosed since Saturday ;)

Good stuff, kratom, I may try and make that step down here soon..

duck
12-15-2012, 11:06 AM
hey, that's a really great idea. I am always feeling super shitty in the morning, especially like on Monday morning. even through the week, I wake up at 2-3am in the most wretched cold sweat, stomach upset, just feel fucking shitty. I can force myself back to sleep if I put a fan on me, and I will rinse and repeat this method every 30 minutes until 5am when I can go fuckin cop my dose.

i should be able to really gauge its effectiveness when this happens. thanks for the idea.

do you think its even worth taking the month with the short acting opiates (i have someone to give them to me at appropriate intervals) or just try to taper the methadone as low as possible and start using the kratom?

HandMeSomeOpiates
12-15-2012, 11:53 AM
I also had a friend kick methadone with kratom. His dose was 60 mg for 2 years tapering to 30 and jumping to UEI kratom. He took extracts the first week and slowly tapered down to plain Bali leaf and he was not sick at all when he quit the kratom. All he complained about was mood swings and a bit of RLS(but Advil knocked 70% of it away).

chopstix
12-15-2012, 01:13 PM
Try the kratom and see how well it works. Stepping down to a SAO for awhile (couple months) is always a really good idea. My metabolism can only handle so much kratom before I start getting ataxia and a general feeling of "leadgut," putting a cap on what I can take.

FWIW, I've never taken an appreciable amount of any enhanced product, I always just use the commercial powdered bali. Could be that the isolates don't carry the negative effects (I've puked my brains out for hours from eating about 20g kratom, I was sick and unable to really get up for close to 12hrs)..

Try it and see? One thing I like about kratom, is that when I toss and wash it the effects come on fast, It seems to be absorbed really quickly.

duck
12-18-2012, 12:05 PM
Thanks a ton for the replies, I will try it next monday. They cannot test for it, even at lab? all of our piss goes to lab when you fail like me

Cognitive_Shift
12-18-2012, 12:42 PM
It will help, but ultimately it's going to suck. There is no way to get around the feeling shitty part, but kratom and benzos will help make it a little more comfortable.

alpha
12-18-2012, 12:51 PM
I can't speak to how well it will work coming off done, but I used it to taper off subs, and it was miraculous, pretty much eliminated all the physical symptoms leaving only the PAWS to deal with. I used kratom for about 6 months daily after stopping the bupe, and then tapered off it without any issues. Now I'm back to oxy prescribed for CP, but doing really well sticking to my prescribed dose, so hopefully my next round of tapering will be a breeze with my knowledge (and stash) of kratom.

epione
12-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Should be fine on a tox screen Duck. I've never popped pos for it and I get tested alot.

I just took some UEI because I had to come off fent for a little while and it is holding me. I don't know if it would be good or affordable for you to take for a month, but using it as a step-down for a short time would seem like an OK idea.

I don't have much, well any personal experience kicking mdone. I just went back on smack and kicked that c/t which is not pleasent at all but it worked for me. I think just tapering off mdone would work for me, I never tried it though.

entropy
12-18-2012, 01:13 PM
back in 2008, i was coming off a 250mg/day methadone dependency. i went about a week cold turkey, spare a few xanax somewhere in between, and at the end of that week was planning on robbing a pharmacy because i was in so much agony. i remembered reading about kratom and gave it a shot out of desperation. i got the 15x extract and was still extremely sick when it came. i took a dose of about 3-4 large tablespoons, and within an hour, felt 100% better. i went from being completely dysfunctional and getting absolutely NO sleep whatsoever to being completely functional and reestablishing regular sleep patterns. i would say that kratom was a "life saver," because i was going to rob a pharmacy or kill myself. after not sleeping for a week, i was not thinking coherently.

if you get decent stuff, it should help you considerably. it worked wonders for me. i know Mu advertises here, but the best kratom i've ever got was from greendragon kratom. i'm in no way affiliated with them. they have a pure isolate extract that consists of 100% active substance (i.e., mostly mitragynine but also the various other mitragynines) http://greendragonkratom.com/product_info.php?cPath=&products_id=455 just a little bit of that stuff goes a LONG way, and it's a hell of a lot easier than choking down shitloads of powdered extract or drinking tea. a teaspoon or two is all that's needed of that.

HandMeSomeOpiates
12-28-2012, 11:39 PM
Duck, did you ever try the kratom for the MD w/d's??

duck
12-29-2012, 02:24 AM
I still have not tried it for my sunday withdrawals, only because I have been getting dope on sundays, as it has been particularly good lately...actually copping a rush. I do intend to try kratom before committing to it as a taper drug.

HandMeSomeOpiates
12-29-2012, 03:43 AM
I see. Well let us know how that goes if you try it. I still can't wrap my head around my buddy kicking CT 30mgs after 2 years using kratom w/o experiencing 80% of w/d symptoms. Amazing. He has me sold, and I plan on using his method in the future.

duck
12-29-2012, 09:53 AM
I know...that in combination with entropy's experience as he explained above...it really does sound like a miracle. I could have my girlfriend blind taper me off the kratom over a couple months, so as to really let all the methadone get out of me.

I really don't hate methadone, I just hate that its fucking $110 a week now (it goes up all the time, they are a monopoly in my area) and that because I smoke pot I cannot get any carries. I've been wanting to move to Colorado lately, Im sure Denver has a clinic for much cheaper, and I would be able to get my carries.