PDA

View Full Version : shooting up between the toes

Larkin
11-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Ok, so ive heard this a lot. Mostly TV or movies. But i have heard it in real life a few times. I dont think any first person stories but always the makings of an urban legend... such as "so and so has done it" or "I KNOW for a fact my [insert relation here] did cause s/he didnt have tracks"

Well not having tracks is not a good reason because i dont have tracks and i shoot up every chance i get. Even when im on a binge, i dont get tracks, on my arms anyway.

So has anyone done this first hand (or foot har har), or seen it?

dying to know

entropy
11-28-2012, 04:44 PM
i think it's an urban legend

i suppose it could be done, but it would be a subQ shot and would be especially prone to infection

i don't think there are any veins in between the toes that could be accessed... not my toes, anyway

nick
11-28-2012, 05:06 PM
I've used my feet on desperate occasion,but never between the toes.

Raine
11-28-2012, 05:07 PM
If you are desperate, have you tried your thumb? That and my wrist veins have been working for me lately and I was panicking, thinking
I had tapped out most everything I could reach. It was taking me 20+min, now I can hit my right thumb or left wrist easy.

nick
11-28-2012, 05:09 PM
If you are desperate, have you tried your thumb? That and my wrist veins have been working for me lately and I was panicking, thinking
I had tapped out most everything I could reach. It was taking me 20+min, now I can hit my right thumb or left wrist easy.

Killed both thumbs and wrists some time ago-and my fingers.

Larkin
11-28-2012, 05:15 PM
thumbs are super dangerous because there are arteries in your thumb. thats why when you check for a pulse; you dont use your thumb, because you would feel the artery in your thumb.

chemboy7
11-28-2012, 05:20 PM

Look how small those are. I really don't think you're going to be able to hit them. Shit, when they were still viable I had trouble hitting the bigger veins shown there.

jdub
11-28-2012, 05:22 PM
Yeah I call BS. I've hit veins on the tops of my feet and around the ankles but between the toes seems ridiculous.

Fat Pie
11-28-2012, 05:28 PM
I injected between the toes onece, but not specifically IV'ing. Seemed to go in OK though. Only did it the one time, early on, as an experiment.

thumbs are super dangerous because there are arteries in your thumb. thats why when you check for a pulse; you dont use your thumb, because you would feel the artery in your thumb.

The vein running down the side towards the wrist is OK to use (IME), as long as you're precise.

TusmackAZ
11-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Yea, ive hit between the toes, on top, and underneath my toe, like going in a finger, palm side. Hurt like a mofo, even with a brand new rig, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Ive also hit the bottoms of my feet, preferably id use a 31g 5/8 but i also did it many times (including 20 mins ago) with a 28g 1/2. I wont go there unless i have a brand new rig. It does work though...

Aimless
11-28-2012, 07:11 PM
Tops of feet and tops of hand hurt like a mo fo. So did inside of wrists. Back of wrists and ankles were ok.

OT but I have a semi-vericose vein (not super bulging but def protruding) on my lower leg almost to my knee and I hit that all the time. Anyone else hit a varicose vein? Anyone know if it's bad in terms of harm reduction? That baby, although only about 2 inches long, was always bulging as if it was begging for it.

Larkin
11-28-2012, 07:34 PM
Yea, ive hit between the toes, on top, and underneath my toe, like going in a finger, palm side. Hurt like a mofo, even with a brand new rig, but desperate times call for desperate measures. Ive also hit the bottoms of my feet, preferably id use a 31g 5/8 but i also did it many times (including 20 mins ago) with a 28g 1/2. I wont go there unless i have a brand new rig. It does work though...

you hit veins there or just a skin shot?

chemboy7
11-28-2012, 07:46 PM
Tops of feet and tops of hand hurt like a mo fo. So did inside of wrists. Back of wrists and ankles were ok.

The tops of your hands hurt when you hit them? I've done it many times and it didn't hurt at all. How deep are you going? Back and inside of the wrist don't hurt me either. Feet and ankle shots are no fun though. And finger shots... those fucking suck. I've heard the palm is even more of a bitch. I imagine it would be.

That's where I tap my thumb, never had any problems.

pullmyhair
11-28-2012, 07:52 PM
I shoot in my big toes sometimes, but never between toes. Personally I don't find shooting in the hand/wrist/top of foot that painful, but the big toe is pretty painful (but it's tolerable). I just don't understand how you'd find a vein between your toes, I imagine you'd have to fish around quite a bit.

ryan5892
11-28-2012, 08:13 PM
Feet, yuck.

If it's track marks you are worried about, I normally wouldn't say this, as it's terrible HR advice, but I'd prefer using the femoral vein to using between my fuckin' toes.

nick
11-28-2012, 08:17 PM
The tops of your hands hurt when you hit them? I've done it many times and it didn't hurt at all. How deep are you going? Back and inside of the wrist don't hurt me either. Feet and ankle shots are no fun though. And finger shots... those fucking suck. I've heard the palm is even more of a bitch. I imagine it would be.

Funny you mention this.I've only ever used my palms once-I was desperate and remembered Shelley mentioning using her palms.So,I thought....umm why not?

I know why not now,it REALLY hurts.In fact without a doubt the palm is the most painful part of my body that I've tried to stick a needle.

There are two lessons here,one,never inject in your palm and two,never take harm reduction tips from Shelley!

Larkin
11-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Feet, yuck.

If it's track marks you are worried about, I normally wouldn't say this, as it's terrible HR advice, but I'd prefer using the femoral vein to using between my fuckin' toes.

not me. I shoot in my chest actually. anywhere from the sternum (OUCH!) all the way over to my shoulder.

I have a nice fatty at the top of my bicep that i try to save for when i dont have a mirror handy.

all the aforementioned veins are surface veins. they are flat on the skin but the blue shows through my ricepaper colored flesh

nick, youd be the last person id expect to take HR advice from shelley

nick
11-28-2012, 08:33 PM
not me. I shoot in my chest actually. anywhere from the sternum (OUCH!) all the way over to my shoulder.

I have a nice fatty at the top of my bicep that i try to save for when i dont have a mirror handy.

all the aforementioned veins are surface veins. they are flat on the skin but the blue shows through my ricepaper colored flesh

I know,but I can assure,I am the last person to take HR advice from Shelley.......NOW!

Desperation warps folks judgement!

ryan5892
11-28-2012, 08:46 PM

Fuck, sternum to armpit huh..

I'm 6'2" 130 pounds (skinny as fuck) and have never found these chest/armpit veins people speak of.

I'm back using my arms though, for now. I swear they stop workin' from time to time just to piss me off. I'm not big on searching my whole body so if I can't hit my hands or arms i tend to just go for the femoral, since I know it's a 100% hit every time, big thick motherfucker.

Larkin
11-28-2012, 09:05 PM
Fuck, sternum to armpit huh..

I'm 6'2" 130 pounds (skinny as fuck) and have never found these chest/armpit veins people speak of.

I'm back using my arms though, for now. I swear they stop workin' from time to time just to piss me off. I'm not big on searching my whole body so if I can't hit my hands or arms i tend to just go for the femoral, since I know it's a 100% hit every time, big thick motherfucker.

im about as tall as you but 100lbs heavier. My veins dont really pop out at all EVER really, especially lately as im fatter now than ever.

when i was about 190 and i had just been working out or something, my veins on my hands/arms would pop a bit.

but like i said, these are surface veins. you cant feel them but they are blue on the skin. like the ones on your wrist.

Michael
11-28-2012, 09:12 PM
Isn't a variation of this from a Tv show? The Sopranos perhaps?

chemboy7
11-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Isn't a variation of this from a Tv show? The Sopranos perhaps?

Yeah, Opionomo Omerta offered it as advice because he saw Chris do it on the Sopranos. It's been done in other movies/TV shows before too. Pretty sure, though I couldn't name them to save my life.

Larkin
11-28-2012, 09:36 PM
Yeah, Opionomo Omerta offered it as advice because he saw Chris do it on the Sopranos. It's been done in other movies/TV shows before too. Pretty sure, though I couldn't name them to save my life.

sopranos, yes. courage under fire, and i just heard a bitch on drugs inc talk about shes never done it

Raine
11-28-2012, 10:04 PM

We have matching scars/tracks. How cute! lol

Also agree the tops of the hands don't hurt but palms do. I have a good one near the bottom of my palm/wrist and it's painful but works.

Aimless
11-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Chem said: "The tops of your hands hurt when you hit them? I've done it many times and it didn't hurt at all. How deep are you going?"

Aimless says: Not any deeper than I would on the tops of my feet but for some reason it burns. Not a miss I don't think - no swelling or redness or anything, just stings real bad. I had a friend that used a vein in the middle of her forehead - niiiiice track there, but she could pass it off as a curling iron burn. That and she used her tits. Never saw those but I would imagine that wouldn't be too comfy or attractive.

Shit for RMs sake no pics of tracks on feet - it'd ruin his pleasure I'm guessing.

And Larkin you had to go and change your profile pic?? I hate when than happens. I recognize more folks by their pics than names.

chemboy7
11-29-2012, 03:06 AM
We have matching scars/tracks. How cute! lol

Obviously we're meant to be.

michellebaines
11-29-2012, 04:50 AM
Chem said: "The tops of your hands hurt when you hit them? I've done it many times and it didn't hurt at all. How deep are you going?"

Aimless says: Not any deeper than I would on the tops of my feet but for some reason it burns. Not a miss I don't think - no swelling or redness or anything, just stings real bad. I had a friend that used a vein in the middle of her forehead - niiiiice track there, but she could pass it off as a curling iron burn. That and she used her tits. Never saw those but I would imagine that wouldn't be too comfy or attractive.

Shit for RMs sake no pics of tracks on feet - it'd ruin his pleasure I'm guessing.

And Larkin you had to go and change your profile pic?? I hate when than happens. I recognize more folks by their pics than names.

I've hit on my boobs many times, as well as the veins on my chest just above my boobs. But I have a very large, naturally granted chest, so it seems easier. However, I also have missed & trust me, having an abscess on your tit is NOT fun.

I've also had good luck at times with the veins on the tops of my feet (left better than right), as well as the inside of the ankle to the instep on both feet. But mostly I have good luck in various spots on my arms/hands.

When I have trouble hitting a vein, I have to force myself to stop & put it down. The more desperate I am to find a vein, the harder it gets & I end up looking like a horror movie victim & having to clean blood off the bathroom walls/floor lol. But I put down the needle & drink a cup of coffee & take a hot shower, move around a bit to get the blood flowing, which usually helps, when I chill out & stop digging around, I can usually come back & hit it (in the same spot I couldn't before) the first or second try.

But between the toes seems a popular Urban Legend perpetrated by TV & Movies, but I don't know anyone who'e ever done it on a regular basis.

TusmackAZ
11-29-2012, 09:33 AM
you hit veins there or just a skin shot?

In a vein, I cant risk skin poppin as im prone to abcesses. They work, trust me, it just hurts like a mofo gettin a bigger gauge needle in. 31g is the best go with when using these spots.

Count Zero
11-29-2012, 09:52 AM
I've hit on my boobs many times, as well as the veins on my chest just above my boobs. But I have a very large, naturally granted chest, so it seems easier. However, I also have missed & trust me, having an abscess on your tit is NOT fun.

I've also had good luck at times with the veins on the tops of my feet (left better than right), as well as the inside of the ankle to the instep on both feet. But mostly I have good luck in various spots on my arms/hands.

When I have trouble hitting a vein, I have to force myself to stop & put it down. The more desperate I am to find a vein, the harder it gets & I end up looking like a horror movie victim & having to clean blood off the bathroom walls/floor lol. But I put down the needle & drink a cup of coffee & take a hot shower, move around a bit to get the blood flowing, which usually helps, when I chill out & stop digging around, I can usually come back & hit it (in the same spot I couldn't before) the first or second try.

But between the toes seems a popular Urban Legend perpetrated by TV & Movies, but I don't know anyone who'e ever done it on a regular basis.

This has been discussed before but I thought that was total bs when Christopher did it on the Sopranos, in all my years doing drugs I'd never heard of anyone shooting between the toes and I'd seen it in other movies and it looked like bs then too. I was surprised that David Chase couldn't consult with someone who would have helped him make the scene somewhat realistic, I guess in general it's not that important to movies/TV to get the dope scenes right as they either just don't care or figure 99% of the people wouldn't notice anyway but half the time it's apparent to anyone who's been in the game at all that they're getting it very wrong.
Another one: Harvey Keitel smoking dope off tin foil in Bad Lieutenant with billows of smoke up around his ears-total bs, any dope smoker knows that all that smoke goes into your lungs, you waste none of it- I get artistic license and all that but come on, make it have some basis in reality.

Fat Pie
11-29-2012, 10:09 AM
This has been discussed before but I thought that was total bs when Christopher did it on the Sopranos, in all my years doing drugs I'd never heard of anyone shooting between the toes and I'd seen it in other movies and it looked like bs then too. I was surprised that David Chase couldn't consult with someone who would have helped him make the scene somewhat realistic, I guess in general it's not that important to movies/TV to get the dope scenes right as they either just don't care or figure 99% of the people wouldn't notice anyway but half the time it's apparent to anyone who's been in the game at all that they're getting it very wrong.

Maybe Chris wasn't looking to hit a vein, just hide the track marks?

SeVeN
11-29-2012, 11:06 AM
Maybe Chris wasn't looking to hit a vein, just hide the track marks?

So what, tryin to IM, SC all that dope in between the toe's? It was just to illustrate the point in the TV show that he could be getting high again and "hide it" because most everyone that saw the episode probably said something like; " oh he's shooting in between his toes to hide the track marks!! Thats what they do, you know?"

it was definately done moe for the story or for the TV than it was based in reality (IMO).

Fat Pie
11-29-2012, 11:10 AM
So what, tryin to IM, SC all that dope in between the toe's?

He wasn't doing that much. He seemed to be more recreational at that stage anyway; it's the first time we see him shoot up. He later switches to the arms.

It was just to illustrate the point in the TV show that he could be getting high again and "hide it" because most everyone that saw the episode probably said something like; " oh he's shooting in between his toes to hide the track marks!! Thats what they do, you know?"

it was definately done moe for the story or for the TV than it was based in reality (IMO).

Well, he was in the mob, and considering that Tony comes pretty close to killing him later once his dope habit is discovered, his caution isn't unwarranted.

It isn't something most junkies have to worry about.

Larkin
11-29-2012, 11:46 AM
He wasn't doing that much. He seemed to be more recreational at that stage anyway; it's the first time we see him shoot up. He later switches to the arms.

Well, he was in the mob, and considering that Tony comes pretty close to killing him later once his dope habit is discovered, his caution isn't unwarranted.

It isn't something most junkies have to worry about.

tony does kill him, after the car wreck. Chris says he cant goto the ER cause he wont pass a blood test, Tony looks back at the child seat pierced by a tree limb and proceeds to suffocate chris in his seat

and as far as women shooting up in their boobs, my ex did that and thats where i got the idea to shoot up in my chest. she got a small abscess once and then pulled all the puss out with a syringe, it was pretty gross.

she has some nice jugs too

lawyerup
11-29-2012, 12:26 PM

I have a chick friend that hits on her breasts and she bruises terribly everytime.

Fat Pie
11-29-2012, 05:19 PM
tony does kill him, after the car wreck. Chris says he cant goto the ER cause he wont pass a blood test, Tony looks back at the child seat pierced by a tree limb and proceeds to suffocate chris in his seat

Yeah, that was a very powerful scene. The look on Tony's face...

SHELLEY
11-30-2012, 06:34 AM
i hit my ankles, the tops of my feet, the soles of my feet
and the decently large vein on the top of my big toe near the knuckle
but between the toes?
never seen anyone do it IRL nor have i ever seen a vein there

Funny you mention this.I've only ever used my palms once-I was desperate and remembered Shelley mentioning using her palms.So,I thought....umm why not?

I know why not now,it REALLY hurts.In fact without a doubt the palm is the most painful part of my body that I've tried to stick a needle.

There are two lessons here,one,never inject in your palm and two,never take harm reduction tips from Shelley!

did you get high?
i never said it didn't hurt, i said it works
and imo the soles of my feet hurt more to shoot in than my palms

NYC_ophile
11-30-2012, 01:45 PM

yeah well i mean that scene where he's in the car and that guy starts fixin and is using a huge, obviously not an insulin syringe to shoot up...they do this in a lot of tv shows/movies too..i never understood why they all use huge rigs when it's very easy to consult....i mean idk ANYTHING AT ALL? to know that people use small 27/28/29 gauge 1cc needles to use heroin...not these huge horse sedating rigs with barrels the size of highlighters and magic markers....wtf...

So what, tryin to IM, SC all that dope in between the toe's? It was just to illustrate the point in the TV show that he could be getting high again and "hide it" because most everyone that saw the episode probably said something like; " oh he's shooting in between his toes to hide the track marks!! Thats what they do, you know?"

you know it's ridiculous that people actually believe this...i was watching a prison docu once where some guy overdosed in his cell and they brought him out on the gurney...COs said it was BTH and they were searching everywhere on his body for track marks (as if it mattered, especially while he was ODing) and they make a special point to search between his toes........

Fat Pie
11-30-2012, 05:00 PM
yeah well i mean that scene where he's in the car and that guy starts fixin and is using a huge, obviously not an insulin syringe to shoot up...they do this in a lot of tv shows/movies too..i never understood why they all use huge rigs when it's very easy to consult....i mean idk ANYTHING AT ALL? to know that people use small 27/28/29 gauge 1cc needles to use heroin...not these huge horse sedating rigs with barrels the size of highlighters and magic markers....wtf...

It was probably because it had to be filmed. I mean regular needles are quite fuckin' small, and we're talking about shooting in a car, at night.

It probably had to be so ridiculously oversized in order to see it (at least that's my guess).

Bricks & Stacks
11-30-2012, 07:04 PM
never take harm reduction tips from Shelley!

Common sense makes that one of those things that goes without saying.

I'm surprised at you Nick, I thought you were way smarter then that.

candy
11-30-2012, 08:21 PM
i hit my ankles, the tops of my feet, the soles of my feet
and the decently large vein on the top of my big toe near the knuckle
but between the toes?
never seen anyone do it IRL nor have i ever seen a vein there

did you get high?
i never said it didn't hurt, i said it works
and imo the soles of my feet hurt more to shoot in than my palms

Shelly, the soles of your feet. You must of been desperate to get high. I would of just jabbed that one into the skin and called it good. I have used the inner sides of my feet. I know there is a anatomical name for that part of the foot, but I can't think of it right now.

Man, doing that part of the foot I used hurt like a bitch and all the way up the leg it fucking burned. I didn't think I would ever hit those veins, but I did and man did that hurt. I have done the palms of the hands too and that was really painful. Even if I didn't miss, my fucking hand would swell up for a few hours. Those veins are notorious for doing that; causing swelling. Maybe it has something to do with circulation. Even though it is the hands, they are still farther than the heart and contain smaller veins and capillaries. My feet wouldn't swell up, unless I missed, but I could get those pretty easy, but man if you miss a shot, it hurts like hell. Then it will swell up on me.

When I think of it, it is sort of sad that this is how we end up treating out bodies. Just to get high we are willing to withstand the pain of shooting up into the sole of our foot.

Anyway, I didn't read the whole thread, but shooting between your toes is no different than injecting into the skin. No big deal about it and it seems so stupid when I have seen it in the movies. Like why not show what IVDU's really do and that is inject into our veins. Is that too real for people who watch that that shit in movies or CSI: Miami. Don't want to show the real bad part of the disease when they show some person who is supposed to play the junkie role. I hate some of those shows.

Anyway, shooting between your toes is like injecting into skin anywhere. If you happen to have a vein that you can access, be safe and make sure to be clean about it. It is your feet and our feet are on the floor. You would want to maker sure you washed the skin so you don't get some nasty infection. Alcohol wipes are great, but it is your feet and it just seems wrong not to clean them first.

You should avoid using your lower extremities. It really can be dangerous and it is not wise due to the decrease in circulation. You should try to avoid those places if you can. Save your veins and try and use new needles or not more than once. The sharper the tip the less scar tissue that forms. You can start to get varicose veins and that looks ugly ladies. Save your legs and do not use anything but upper extremities, but I know other stuff is being done, Just do it safely. Those are places in the body you don't want to miss in.

NYC_ophile
11-30-2012, 08:48 PM
It was probably because it had to be filmed. I mean regular needles are quite fuckin' small, and we're talking about shooting in a car, at night.

It probably had to be so ridiculously oversized in order to see it (at least that's my guess).
i forgot to mention in the op, when they do the obligatory (probably at this point stock footage for hollywood) "close up" shot of the plunger/registering process they show a small sized barrel needle and then when they cut back to the full shot it's that huge needle again

pullmyhair
11-30-2012, 08:54 PM
Another one: Harvey Keitel smoking dope off tin foil in Bad Lieutenant with billows of smoke up around his ears-total bs, any dope smoker knows that all that smoke goes into your lungs, you waste none of it- I get artistic license and all that but come on, make it have some basis in reality.

I remember hearing/reading about shooting between the toes frequently during the 'heroin chic' fad in the 90's. Supposedly models would shoot there so they wouldn't have track marks. I'm sure it was all BS, the sullen emaciated models and the name of the trend led to a lot of media hype about drug abuse, and a lot of it was just absolutely absurd and incredibly exaggerated. It's kind of similar to the 'shooting up in your dick' urban legend.

Fat Pie
11-30-2012, 09:15 PM
i forgot to mention in the op, when they do the obligatory (probably at this point stock footage for hollywood) "close up" shot of the plunger/registering process they show a small sized barrel needle and then when they cut back to the full shot it's that huge needle again

I don't think the size changes, they just did a seperate close-up shot (I may be wrong, but here's the scene):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkSoSErQXSk

But the needle is way bigger than anything you'd find in real life. I shot with the biggest, the 21g, and even then, it wasn't a quarter the size of that. You could go right through the fucking arm with one of those. Might as well be an epidural needle.

I remember on the directors commentary them talking about how fiddly the scene was, what with them having to do the whole process at different camera angles in the dark while it was actually pouring down with rain outside (it wasn't filmed in a studio, they really were in a car under the highway at night, with the cameras sticking in through the windows).

NYC_ophile
11-30-2012, 09:16 PM
I remember hearing/reading about shooting between the toes frequently during the 'heroin chic' fad in the 90's. Supposedly models would shoot there so they wouldn't have track marks. I'm sure it was all BS, the sullen emaciated models and the name of the trend led to a lot of media hype about drug abuse, and a lot of it was just absolutely absurd and incredibly exaggerated. It's kind of similar to the 'shooting up in your dick' urban legend.

well i mean to be fair on that last one anyone talking about shooting up in their dick is probably likely crudely talking about hitting their fem..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Femoral_vein

as for as the heroin chic model thing yeah what was all that about...i'm sure tons of them were doing it as it makes u not really care about not eating but like...most were probably sniffers that mixed it with blow casually and for the ones that were bangers there are tons of legit vein spots u can hit on your body that aren't on your arms and it's not really as if a model would be unfamiliar with coverup.....

i mean there are also creepy overzealous people who will claim any celebrity is shooting heroin

http://perezhilton.com/2010-05-03-is-james-franco-on-something#.ULmD9qw72Ag

http://www.thesuperficial.com/james_franco_might_be_a_heroin-05-2010

^^^^^the dude had just come off filming a movie where his arm gets caught in a rock and he has to saw it off and those BRUISES are NOWHERE NEAR A VEIN

NYC_ophile
11-30-2012, 09:24 PM
I don't think the size changes, they just did a seperate close-up shot (I may be wrong, but here's the scene):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkSoSErQXSk

But the needle is way bigger than anything you'd find in real life. I shot with the biggest, the 21g, and even then, it wasn't a quarter the size of that. You could go right through the fucking arm with one of those. Might as well be an epidural needle.

I remember on the directors commentary them talking about how fiddly the scene was, what with them having to do the whole process at different camera angles in the dark while it was actually pouring down with rain outside (it wasn't filmed in a studio, they really were in a car under the highway at night, with the cameras sticking in through the windows).

not tryna break balls here or anything at all man don't get me wrong...

but peep it's def a different, more accurately sized needle in the close up (which is probably stock footage) than in the actual shots

Fat Pie
11-30-2012, 10:05 PM
not tryna break balls here or anything at all man don't get me wrong...

but peep it's def a different, more accurately sized needle in the close up (which is probably stock footage) than in the actual shots

Oh shit, hold on. In the former pic it looks like the needle is pushing the plunger back up the barrel! Do you see it?

Whereas the other one is real; it just looks the same up close. It's not stock footage though, it's too specific for that.