PDA

View Full Version : Seroquel - My defense of the drug

SeriouslyAddicted
11-12-2006, 11:27 AM
**Disclaimer**
My friends say I have am weird for having such love of this drug. Maybe it's because I'm bipolar. Also the mixing of it with other drugs has been positive for me, but every individual reacts differently so don't blame me for a bad trip.

When I first started on seroquel (I got probably around 3000mg worth of sample from my doc). I was taking it to help with insomnia, and pretty much any dose will knock you out when you first start the drug (25mg being the smallest tablet made - 400mg is the greatest in case you were wondering). This is when I discovered the potential for recreational use as a great way to end any major trip. If you are someone who occasionally has a night of cocaine abuse, taking seroquel shortly after you run out (or decide to quit - but who does that?) is a great way to avoid the often times harsh comedown. It's also a great way to get a good night of rest after serious drinking and possibly sleep through a morning hangover.
I seem to appreciate this drug more the longer I take it. As I have grown experienced with the drug (because my doctor just loves to hand this shit out), I have found that it no longer knocks me out, but more or less makes me carefree and extremely calm. I regularly take doses in the 400mg range (I convinced my doc to prescribe me 400mg a day and give me more samples). At higher doses (500+; much less when I was first started taking it) it causes a slight dissociation which I enjoy, and can sometimes give me a noticeable robo-walk. I usually take around 200mg of seroquel about 30 min before I smoke pot, and this ensures that I am never paranoid.
I now supplement every psychedelic trip (not opiates or uppers) with seroquel and end every stimulant trip with seroquel.

Please feel free to bash me for abusing anti-psychotics, you aren't the first. I just shared this info in the hopes of encouraging a few people to atleast give it a shot.

Woods
11-13-2006, 04:32 AM
I've only done it maybe a half-dozen times, but I always liked it. I remember it being nice and benzo-like.

AWOL
11-13-2006, 09:51 AM
I also am prescribed Seroquel, however I do not share Serriously Addicted's love of mixing this drug with other substances. Do not ever take Seroquel with DXM. 600mg of Seroquel after coming down from a 600mg DXM trip resulted in my 6 day stay in ICU and the closest I've ever come to death. Also, seroquel taken with opiates is more dangerous than taking benzos simultaneously with opiates, so avoid that too. Particularily since this is an opiates site. In other words .. Don't pop seroquel when you're noddin, or you're fucked.

remybur12
11-13-2006, 09:56 AM
I can't knock you have not tried mixing seroquel with anything and do not plan to. every person's body is different. Just don't mix seroquel with DXM or benzo's or any opiate. Be careful

Dexter the Meth Orphan
11-13-2006, 07:39 PM
This is just an all around bad drug to use recreationally...nuff said.

SpecialGuy69
11-13-2006, 07:45 PM
I've never had a positive seroquil experience. The shit just makes me sleep for days. It's not a benzo, and treating it as one leads to problems. But, each person is different, so it may really get some people off. Start small- the difference in dosage between the largest and smallest is substantial. I can't even handle 25mg. I suppose it would be helpful for w/d's.

AWOL
11-13-2006, 07:49 PM
What you say about 25mg is true for most people. However, I have a signifigant tollerance to Seroquil, Similar to how an OC 80 could be the end of a lot of non users. If someone came across some seroquil after reading that it's good to mix it with other stuff, that could end real bad. It's a very dangerous med. One of my friends has been to the ER Seroquel related as well.

SeriouslyAddicted
11-14-2006, 06:12 AM
I didn't know that mixing it with opiates was bad; however, I never tried. As for the DXM, I stay away from that since I am prescribed SSRI's, and after one incident resulting in serotonin syndrom, I quickly shyed away from every trying that shit again.

AWOL
11-14-2006, 09:19 AM
I didn't know that mixing it with opiates was bad; however, I never tried. As for the DXM, I stay away from that since I am prescribed SSRI's, and after one incident resulting in serotonin syndrom, I quickly shyed away from every trying that shit again.

I've also had VERY bad seratonin syndrom once. WD's are nothing compared that that hell. OMFG

flipside
11-14-2006, 10:05 AM
This is just an all around bad drug to use recreationally...nuff said.

I'll second that. Being that this is an opiate forum, I read this as a nod to do so, not a good idea. In fact bad, very, very bad.

poonwhalla
11-15-2006, 01:24 AM
seroquil is some heavy shit I sat in the ER for a few hours after a friend of mine mixed that with coke. Good thing LEO was cool and just let the paramedics do there thing they questioned me for a while but it was like I don't know I don't know I was watching movies muther fucker kept going to the bathroom then I called you I am just trying to help

AWOL
01-10-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm just going to continue adding on here and say DON'T EVER MIX SEROQUEL WITH ANYTHING

Just heard of someone else on the news going to the ER after taking Seroquel with opiates. It's a great med for w/d's cause you'll sleep. It's great for its prescribed purposes. But don't take it even if you're already coming down, you risk death !!!

Dangerous dangerous serrious shit!

satori
01-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Whats so great about this specific ANTI PSYCHOTIC medication? I mean really? It makes you tired? Euphoria of any kind?

AWOL
01-10-2007, 05:11 PM
Whats so great about this specific ANTI PSYCHOTIC medication? I mean really? It makes you tired? Euphoria of any kind?

No, absolutely none. The original poster was tellin stories and being wishful dude. It's good for knocking your ass out sleep, that's it. Oh, and it's good at killing you when mixed with other substances too.

Cybershark
01-10-2007, 05:13 PM
Sounds like a realk shitty drug to me unless you are in W/D's and need to sleep. Unless prescribed I would suggest not to touch it at all unless you are in opiate Wd's. It might help some then. ;)

waggz
11-05-2007, 12:48 AM
I'm also prescribed to seroquel. I take 50mgs throughout the day as needed and 200mgs before bed. Ive come home after a nite of oc and have taken my seroquel without any negative interactions with the oc in the morning.

only bad interaction ive had with this drug was from alcohol. i had a "grand mal" seizure from the mixture. was in the icu for 5-6 days and the doctors thought all that happnd was that sumbody drugged me with a "ruffiE" so asfar as alcohol n serq. goes i wouldnt suggest it!!

but as far as an opiate mixture... nothing.
it all depends on how your body reacts, and i think we all know that

JayTrizzle
11-05-2007, 01:09 AM
Seraquel will not kill you. There's a reason for that. Do you honestly think they would give schizophrenics and people being treated for bi-polar mania anything that they could take to kill themselves? Now, with that being siad I have a buddy who kept buying them off me when i was on script for them, and he saved up about 16 of the fuckers and took all of them in futile attempt to off himself (he did this about once every six months, i should have known better but then again it's hard to know anything when you're taking 400mg of seraquel every night). hat being said i HAVE heard of epople dying from complications with the drug, but only after mixing it with other drugs. I HATE THIS MEDICATION. IMO it's the MOST overprecribed and MOST misprescribed medication on the planet. If you are a college student with anxiety problems who can't sleep at night, YOU DO NOT HAVE BI-POLAR MANIA. This was my case at the time, and my stupid cunt local doctor put me on seraquel and trazadone and told me I was bi-polar and needed to go to counseling because I told her I was having trouble sleeping. Yeah. The medicine will make you walk around like a fucking zombie until you stop taking it. I guess it is kind of fun in a weird way, like, take seraquel and try to jack off before you go to sleep or something.

Frank Zito
11-05-2007, 02:34 AM
Trazadone is some weird shit. The first and only time I took it, I ingested 150 milligrams cause I wanted to go to sleep and it didn't effect me ONE LITTLE bit.

JayTrizzle
11-05-2007, 03:13 AM
the only thing trazadone ever did for me was take the edge off of coming off of coke binges. Other than that it was completely useless.

Tea Time
11-05-2007, 07:54 AM
*EDIT* Oh shit - I didn't realize this thread was so old. I just saw that it had been recently revived...

I've only done it maybe a half-dozen times, but I always liked it. I remember it being nice and benzo-like.

OH GOD NO! In my mind there is NOTHING remotely "benzo-like" about seroquel AT ALL! Not even close for me! Not to be an ass, but if anyone takes seroquel on your advice and expects benzo-like effects, they will probably be severely pissed at you for making this suggestion and comparing it to a benzo or sleep aid. I know I probably would be. I know you are just sharing your experience, but mine was so far in the other direction - that is why I said I'd be pissed. If I was expecting it to be like a benzo and it ended up like taking a handful of benadryl I'd be very disappointed. Just my opinion, but antipsychotic meds are not recreational in the least...unless you like feeling like you've been hit three times in the head with a frying pan.

As for knocking you out, the reason it does this is because it is a strong Histamine antagonist - kinda like benadryl but stonger. So that is why it makes you so sleepy and knocks you out. But to me there is nothing enjoyable about drowsiness caused by antihistamines. It is also an antagonist for serotonin, dopamine, and adrenergic receptors. As mentioned earlier, it is very effective at ending a bad trip from a psychadelic. If someone happens to be having a bad trip, Seroquel will take them back to baseline in a few minutes. So it can serve as a useful tool (along with real benzos) in a psychonaut's tool kit.

Just my personal opinion on this pharm. Take care,

TT

Hammilton
11-05-2007, 09:23 AM
Unless you're seriously manic or psychotic, AVOID AT ALL COSTS

OxyContinuously
11-05-2007, 09:28 AM
I agree^^

i've never been prescribed it, don't know *that* much about it, except that theres no FUN factor w/ drugs of this class...

waggz
11-05-2007, 12:21 PM
Hmm... i take seroquel for sleep n usually in the morning i jus feel like im paralyzed. ive also been given trazodone for sleep but thats the most worthless drug ever made. Ive just never been given nething else other than seroquel for sleep. Does neone else have ne other suggestions for sleep aid?

About 2 years ago i was prescribed 10mg valium for insomnia and .5 xanax for anxiety. Well.. i got hooked on those real quick and rents thought it was in my best interest to stop taking them. fuckers...

Dr. Oxy
11-05-2007, 03:02 PM
Hmm... i take seroquel for sleep n usually in the morning i jus feel like im paralyzed. ive also been given trazodone for sleep but thats the most worthless drug ever made. Ive just never been given nething else other than seroquel for sleep. Does neone else have ne other suggestions for sleep aid?

About 2 years ago i was prescribed 10mg valium for insomnia and .5 xanax for anxiety. Well.. i got hooked on those real quick and rents thought it was in my best interest to stop taking them. fuckers...

Dont listen to your parents ever, they have your best interest in mind, but they never know the right way to go about it. Most are very conservative in their views. They'll drink 5 rum and cokes and not think twice about it, but are shit scared of little white pills. What they dont understand hurts them.

vanilla_mlkshake2007
11-05-2007, 03:29 PM
I occaisionally do serequel w/ Morphine and I love the nod feeling it gives me.I also like the feeling it gives me w/Dilaudids.However I never have used DMX .
I no longer take it and don't miss it I just chill out on valiums which I know most of you on Opiophile don't care for but they are 10's

Seedy
11-05-2007, 03:36 PM
^^ Valium is the grandpa and king of benzos! Although I'm getting quite a taste for temazapam.

jonny-5
11-10-2007, 02:49 AM
my girl is prescribed seroquel for sleep and has a ton of it. she gave me 40 of em, and ive never had any bad effects. i am also on heroin constantly, and mixing the two hasnt had any bad effects (for me, anyways, everyone is different). i only take em when i absolutely need them, tho cause i am trying to save em for WDs. im gonna take some tonite tho, cause my dumb ass did some meth earlier and i really dont feel like staying up all nite.

oh and seedy, i dont really agree with you on the valium thing. the only benzo i absolutely love is xanax. i dont know if it just works well with my brain chemistry or what but i do love that shit. i try not to carry them on me when i take them, tho, cause i always end up eating more and more throughout the nite. then i wake up wondering where all my xanax went.

opi8fiend
11-10-2007, 02:57 AM
My lack of good judgement and inexperience with seroquel led to my wreck of my extremely nice Honda Civic that was for a lack of a better term "tricked the fuck out" and probably should have taken my life. I fell asleep on 50mgs of seroqel when i was eighteen driving on the interstate and lost complete control of my car (obviously) and smashed into the guard rail, ran across the median, and then into oncoming traffic....luckily i didn't hit anybody else and ended up being okay....being it was rush hour when all of this happened i don't know how im here, someone/thing was looking out for me....anyways, i probably shouldn't blame seroquel for it as much as i should blame my ignorance and irresponsibility, but regardless seroquel in my eyes has no Recreational value and ill never touch it again.

jonny-5
11-10-2007, 03:19 AM
My lack of good judgement and inexperience with seroquel led to my wreck of my extremely nice Honda Civic that was for a lack of a better term "tricked the fuck out" and probably should have taken my life. I fell asleep on 50mgs of seroqel when i was eighteen driving on the interstate and lost complete control of my car (obviously) and smashed into the guard rail, ran across the median, and then into oncoming traffic....luckily i didn't hit anybody else and ended up being okay....being it was rush hour when all of this happened i don't know how im here, someone/thing was looking out for me....anyways, i probably shouldn't blame seroquel for it as much as i should blame my ignorance and irresponsibility, but regardless seroquel in my eyes has no Recreational value and ill never touch it again.

damn that sux. i feel your pain, ive also lost a car to drugs. it was a week before i was gonna get shipped off to rehab, and i had some dope left and a bunch of pills to help with my detox. i think it was some klonapin, vicodin, soma, and something else i dont remember. i got into a huge fight with my mom cause i had smoked some weed or something like that, so i did all the dope i had, and ate all the pills. i left, and was headed to my friends hockey game. that was the last thing i remembered.

i woke up to a cop at my window, asking if i was alright. i was. i looked up and i had slammed into the back of a work truck at a red light. the cops were at the gas station on the corner arresting someone, so he told me to exchange info and that was it. my poor car was totalled, but luckily there was no damage to the truck, so the guy didnt even ask for my insurance info luckily. it fucking sux losing a car like that. but it forced me to detox, cause i had no transportation to get dope.

The Ryan
11-12-2007, 12:05 PM
seroquel was cheaked and sold soooo much in rehab

Mcdom
11-12-2007, 03:53 PM
My brother tried to kill himself - he took somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 seroquel - some lomotil - some other things. My eighty year old father called and said that he couldn't wake him up - by the time I got there he was non responsive and drooling and started having seizures while we were waiting for the ambulance.

He was taken by a Life Flight helicopter to a major metropolitan hospital nearby where he was placed on life support for two or three days. Amazingly he survived.

The real kick in the ass was that his freakin psychiatrist prescribed them again after he completed a required hospitalization and halfway house stay which lasted a couple months.

But he also gave him klonopin - which seemed to work so well that they ditched the seroquel after a few months.

alissanurse
11-12-2007, 10:14 PM
i take 100mg seroquel and i can barely make it to the bed, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

TokinDerrick
11-15-2007, 11:49 AM
I don't have 'em anymore, but I used to have a bunch of the 400mg ones my friend gave to me. I'd break 'em down to little chunks of about 20-25mg and when i'd only get a little bit of heroin, I'd take a piece to try to help with a nod.

one time I took half of a 300mg one and in about an hour and a half I was out cold, and the next morning I could barely walk, it felt like I had wet noodles for legs. so I don't recommend that, not harmful, just very awkward.