PDA

View Full Version : Potentiating my methadone

Papa Verine
11-11-2006, 06:37 PM
Hello everybody.

I have some 10mg methadone pills (Mallies) and orally they take forever to kick in and these ones burn etremely bad when insufflated. Do you think that's intentional? I snort everything for better effect but these things burn terribly. Anyway, is there anything I can do to improve the euphoric effect? I can't believe how slow they set in. I DO powder them up to swallow them but is there something more I can do? Any infois appreciated!

AWOL
11-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Yes, sell them and buy smack. Nothing else comes to mind. :)

SpecialGuy69
11-12-2006, 10:25 AM
DV is right- they suck (unless you ask OJ, to each his own). I see methadone in a thread title, and keep right on moving because I don't know very much about it. But, I can answer your question- The meth burn is an anti-abuse countermeasure (I'm 99.9% sure) The only thing I can think of to make it come on a little faster is to brown them. Crush 'em up and shove em up your ass. I'm not trying to be a jerk- it's true.

Papa Verine
11-12-2006, 12:24 PM
You know, I always thought methadone sucked myself. When I was doing dope, methadone seemed to suck really bad. However, lately I've only been sporadically popping vicodins, Norcos and the occasional percocet. Now I've come across this methadone and it feels pretty good. It's definately worth taking since I don't have any good opiates.

I get really jealous reading about what other people have in here. Man, all the morphine and oxy.

Has anyone had any experience with Opana ER? This is a new drug on the market. It's oxymorphone! (I know oxymorphone isn't a "new" drug, I just mean Opana is fairly new on the market) Now, is oxymorphone considerably stronger than hydromorphone? If so, I'd LOVE to get my hands on some.

Canis aureus
11-12-2006, 12:30 PM
Methadone is really good to take to what it is needed.

SpecialGuy69
11-12-2006, 12:36 PM
I get really jealous reading about what other people have in here. Man, all the morphine and oxy. Yeah, me too. The grass is always greener on the other side... I've developed a newfound respect for the morphine I'm prescribed since finding out how to to break the matrix.

Has anyone had any experience with Opana ER? This is a new drug on the market. It's oxymorphone! (I know oxymorphone isn't a "new" drug, I just mean Opana is fairly new on the market) Now, is oxymorphone considerably stronger than hydromorphone? If so, I'd LOVE to get my hands on some. You know how oxycodone is stronger than hydrocodone? Well, I've been told you could expect a similar increase between oxymorphone (opana) and hydromorphone (dilaudid). And everybody loves dillies- just imagine a pill that blew dillies out of the water. I just hope that Opana is more recreational when snorted than dilaudid. Everyone here will tell you that dilaudid is a waste when taken in any method besides IV.

For Opana to be useful, it has to be widely prescribed, and there will have to be a relatively simple wa of breaking the time-release (like crushing OC's)

Fingers crossed.

Papa Verine
11-12-2006, 12:50 PM
Wow tm420. I did not know snorting hydromorphone isn't very effective. The only time I had it was IV in the hospital but I always assumed if I came across an ampule or two I'd dry it on a hot plate and snort it. I guess I better think twice if I happen to get ahold of some.

Oxymorphone. It sounds sooooooo delicious!!!

PRIZEFIGHTERINFERNO
11-13-2006, 12:12 PM
? i know everyone says (i think) not to mix methadone and oxy or hydro. that makes since to me seeing that the meth supposedly Blocks the other opiates. I was just wondering why my Doctor would prescribe me methadone and hydrocodone for breakthrough pain then? This was before i took oxycontin a while ago. Is that just when its pain managment because its a low dose of meth like 30mgs?

trainwrecker
11-13-2006, 12:25 PM
That is silly, hydrocodone would not break through even 30mg unless you quit taking the methadone for a while.

PRIZEFIGHTERINFERNO
11-13-2006, 04:33 PM
That is silly, hydrocodone would not break through even 30mg unless you quit taking the methadone for a while.
thats what i thought.....but ive noticed doctors due prescribe an opiate with methadone for breakthrough pain....Thats why im wondering.

flipside
11-13-2006, 04:56 PM
When I was on Methadone for pain management I was on 60mg 3x daily and was RX'd 20mgs of morphine, and then switched to 40 of oxycodone w/o APAP, it was effective for me. RX'd more hydro because as my condition worsened my pain increased, not because the 20 of Mscontin was not working or being "blocked". It worked quite well.

Methadone can be "broken through", it's not that there are blockers in Methadone, I'll repeat for the thousanth time what others have aready said on many occasions, it's that the methadone and any other opies compete for the same receptors in the brain, it is possible to use both effectviely to manage pain,and even get high.

As for potentiation, I'm not trying to be flip, but try usaing the search engine, you will find a wealth of good, in depth information on this topic. Best of luck!

insaneike
11-14-2006, 02:28 AM
Yeah for real, WTF is it with ppl saying 'done blocks other opis!??! It does nothing but potenate other opis and vise versa!!! You whos ay this must have never tried it or it's all in your head :p Or you guys are thinking of the bupe/naloxone shit they use for maintance, now that DOES block other opis out... As I know someone who is prescribed Roxi 30s 4x/day and Methadone 10s 5x/day... I myself, take done 10s(methadose brand, sometimes mallis) with my Oxy(roxi 30s and OC40s), my Fentnayl, and even throw in Lortabs and sometimes percs for boosters, and guess what, the done BOOSTS IT BIG TIME!!!

and if you don't have a HUGE tolrance, or are not used to the euphoria of IV drugs or stuff like smack and fent, then you can bet your ass methadone is VERY good stuff! Back when I had little tolerance i LOVED methadone for a high. It gives a VERY fucing warm and your usual opi nod. Yes, you can nod very well on it unless you're used to the heroin, hydromorph, or fent nod... So those also saying done isn't good recreationaly are also TOALY wrong. If you're not used to the euphria of the to end opiates, and are just an oxy/morphine user, done is pretty damn good...

Sooo much misunderstand/rumors going around this place about done that needs cleared up here ppl... lol.

and the dones, i also alway thought that they put somethin in them to burn so bad so ppl don't snort them, but I did a basic water extraction(filtered out like u would for IV use) and evap'd final product and guess what, it still BURNT LIKE FUCK! So either the stuff that makes em unsniffable is water soluble or it's the methadone itself that burns. Personaly, I think it was the methadone itself in the tablets that burn, nothing more(panthrax even thinks the same I think)... but unless the shit that makes em burn is water soluble, theres nothing there :P and after purifying the done, it burnt like 3x as bad as it was in plain tablet form crushed.

As far as making them kick in faster, tough luck lol. It's just the way that methadone works man. For me they take EVERY BIT of 1.5hr to come on, and 2hr to peak. This is with the 10mg tablets. You're simply just not gonna get them to kick in faster man. I even tried dissolving in a shot of coke and another time kool-aid and it didn't make it come on really any faster but maybe 10-20min, MAYBE, but I don't think it rlly did lol. It's just how done works man...

hope I cleared up something for atleast one person :p

later

chemboy7
11-14-2006, 03:18 AM
It all depends on the Methadone dose, a strong dose of Methadone will considerably block agonist. That's why people on heavy MMT have to wait so long after their last dose to get high.

madnesscult
11-14-2006, 05:27 PM
For Opana to be useful, it has to be widely prescribed, and there will have to be a relatively simple wa of breaking the time-release (like crushing OC's)

I believe that there's a short-acting form of Opana that's either just been relased or is going to be soon.

SpecialGuy69
11-14-2006, 05:54 PM
I believe that there's a short-acting form of Opana that's either just been relased or is going to be soon.I can't wait. I'd love to try that shit. Hopefully it will be a lot more euphoric when snorted than dillies are.

The Mayor
11-14-2006, 06:14 PM
800 mgs tagament, (cimitedine) about 5 hours after dosing seems to work well for me... and all the sentiments here regarding 'breaking thru' also ring true. It's difficult. Methadone sucks like that..

vaxn8
11-15-2006, 04:43 AM
these ones burn etremely bad when insufflated. Do you think that's intentional?

No, it's not intentional- the only anti-abuse methods used with done are the dispersible tabs- difficult to get into solution and the liquid flavored solutions. All the inactive's in the Malli dones are normal fillers & binders.

I was just wondering why my Doctor would prescribe me methadone and hydrocodone for breakthrough pain then? This was before i took oxycontin a while ago. Is that just when its pain managment because its a low dose of meth like 30mgs?

Part of it has to do with dose, the other part with drug half life, more below.

Methadone can be "broken through", it's not that there are blockers in Methadone, I'll repeat for the thousanth time what others have aready said on many occasions, it's that the methadone and any other opies compete for the same receptors in the brain, it is possible to use both effectviely to manage pain,and even get high.

^True, there's any easy way to think of it though that may make it easier to understand how it works. Or it may just confuse people more. If you think of your brain, say it has 100 mu receptors (not true at all but easy for this example). OK, now give that brain some methadone at some dose, and it will occupy 40-50 % of those receptors for the next 24 hours. That means nothing else can go in those receptors until it is empty again (ignoring nalox/bupe and a few other drugs for the moment, and ignoring recycling and internalization).

So, this brain decided to take some other drug to get high. At their normal dose, where they get high, it takes 70% of the receptors. Since the done is already taking 50 of them, you can't fill 70, so you only fill the empty ones which isn't enough to make you feel high. That is why it gets described as having to "break through", you truly have to over power it and sometimes it's just not possible. Once the dose of methadone is high enough, there are just not enough receptors left over to get you high. If the brain had taken a smaller done dose where only 10 receptors were occupied, the 70 would be available and that brain would get high with the second drug.

For pain management, all the above is irrelevant. Everytime you occupy one receptor you get some unit of pain relief. Adding hydro to done is similar to using a timed-release drug with a breakthrough.

It all depends on the Methadone dose, a strong dose of Methadone will considerably block agonist. That's why people on heavy MMT have to wait so long after their last dose to get high.

100% true, anyone that says otherwise is just incorrect and should avoid arm-chair pharmacology.

Papa Verine
11-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Thanks to everybody for helping to answer my questions. I would like to point out that when I was able to deal with the burning I snorted the 10mg mallies and the high kicked in within 15-20 minutes. It's just so painful that it isn't worth it. Also, I agree that since I'm not used to the good nod from H right now that methadone is a pretty satisfying high. In the past when I was doing H I didn't find methadone worthwhile except of course for keeping away the W/D's.

Although I think A lot that it would be great to have a supply of something much stronger, I am happy not to be regularly using any potent opiates right now because drugs like vicodin are worthwhile again. Most of the time I'm not high at all but when I come across a handful of vicodins I can actually FEEL them. When I was doing H regularly Vicodins were obviously worthless to me as far as getting high goes. Now I've got a friend giving me a few methadones and they really work well. Not to mention I don't worry about getting sick either only using occasionally. I must say though, "Sober" to me doesn't feel very comfortable and probably never will again. Not after I've been there and know I can always feel so much better.

insaneike
11-15-2006, 10:34 AM
Oh if you feel SHIT from hydro you'll LOVE dones :p

later

Hammilton
11-20-2006, 04:17 PM
I guess I mostly agree with your last post Vaxn8, but I think there's a few factual mistakes.

When that methadone hits the receptors, every molecule of methadone doesn't sit in it's receptor for 24hours. It may sit there for a bit, but far from 24 hours. They bounce in and out. I'm not sure if once they bounce out they get reused or not, but they definitely don't sit long.

If they did, medications with stronger binding affinities wouldn't be able to displace the medication that was in there. I mean, it's not like buprenorphine is going to pull codeine out of the receptor; rather, when the codeine gets kicked back out, buprenorphine will slide in before a new codeine can.

There are some narcotics that do sit in the receptor for a long time. I forget what it's called, but there's a fentanyl that binds permanently to the receptor- staying in that place until the receptor dies. That means no other narcotic can be used until the receptors have grown anew.

I think you're 100% right about everything else, though. Hydrocodone can be used in conjunction with a normal methadone dose (it's under 30mg, but above 25mg I believe). I got it for my teeth when I had them worked on. Vicoprofen 7.5's, they'd work if I'd only taken 20mg that day, but not at all if I'd taken 30. Strange, huh?

When you're below the cut off, they potentiate eachother well. If you consider your 'drugged state' as a graph, shaped like a bell curve, taking a hydro on top of methadone will create a two-hour spike on the "how drugged axis" lol

vaxn8
11-21-2006, 01:34 PM
^True, there's any easy way to think of it though that may make it easier to understand how it works. Or it may just confuse people more.

I guess I mostly agree with your last post Vaxn8, but I think there's a few factual mistakes.

When that methadone hits the receptors, every molecule of methadone doesn't sit in it's receptor for 24hours.

No, it doesn't and i wasn't trying to say that. I may not have been totally clear, but was using an example to make it easier to understand the blocking effect. If i had the methadone flying in and out all the time, it would have been really confusing, that was my only reason for that example.

prettypoppy
11-24-2006, 05:01 PM
Methadone does block the effects of other opiates at doses of approx 80-120mg. On that dose, if you take heroin or any other opioid, unless the dose is truly colossal, you will feel absulutely nothing.

Methadone is a long acting opiate with a very gradual rate of onset--it's more like a gentle wave cresting than the roller coaster effects of short acting opiates, and that is why it works so well for maintenance. It lasts a long time and does not get you so messed up you cannot function, and you are able to think about and focus on other things.

As for potentialting it, white grapefruit juice is supposed to work well, as well as Tagamet.

poppy
11-24-2006, 06:41 PM
Methadone does block the effects of other opiates at doses of approx 80-120mg. On that dose, if you take heroin or any other opioid, unless the dose is truly colossal, you will feel absulutely nothing.

I've got to disagree with you on this one and whilst I have no knowledge of the chemistry of how opiates (methadone or any other drug) work on the brain, I do know that even on a 90ml methadone daily dose you do still get a buzz from a hit of heroin. Until recently both myself and my boyfriend used more or less daily on top of our methadone scripts, not to feel well (the methadone took care of that) but for the opiate buzz we all crave. I understand the fact that we weren't getting the best out of either drug because of the dual use and the 'blocking' effect, but to say you won't feel anything is just not true. I've had a methadone script for over seven years and my boyfriend has had one for almost twenty years, if methadone blocked the effect of heroin so effectively then we would have had no trouble in resisting the lure of heroin and would have been well on the road to recovery many years ago.

chemboy7
11-24-2006, 06:51 PM
I'm pretty sure that the dose that completely blocks agonist's effects is going to vary considerably from person to person; there are just so many variables.

prettypoppy
11-25-2006, 09:31 AM
that is true--it is different for everyone. At 80mg I could still feel a 2 bag shot of heroin just fine. But now, at 220mg, I would not be able to feel a rootin' tootin' thing unless I slammed about 20 bags or something, and that knowledge keeps me safe when I have weak moments.

Woods
11-25-2006, 07:43 PM
Everyone here will tell you that dilaudid is a waste when taken in any method besides IV.

Well, almost everyone. Last night when I was hanging out on the corner after scoring, when asked by a fellow user whether I was going to slam the dilaudid 2s I just picked up, he was quite taken aback to hear that they were destined for my nose. He practically called be an idiot for not putting them in my arm. Most users I’ve talked to react favourably when they learn I don’t bang my dope, but some can only see the waste, and I admit there’s waste there, but there are worse things in life then not achieving maximum efficiency.

micro024
11-28-2006, 07:53 PM
Hey Papa Ver, snorting meth does burn, i found it to be that way with any brand of meth, but I have done alot of research in regards to meth and the bio-avaliabilty is actually the highest in % when taken orally, which is close to 90%
I dont know the bio-avaliabilty of it when snorted but i dont think your going to get much better than 90%,
another thing is that it is a long acting opiate, like you already know, no matter what route of administration, it will still take some time to set in fully, just letting you know what I have read about....

GimpLeg
02-27-2010, 03:40 PM
anytime I've bough methadone I've usually already been high on something so I'd save it for the next day. I'd set my alarm clock for anywhere from 2-4 hours before I planned on actually getting up. I'd get up take my dose that would make me nod all day, and then go back to sleep. by the time you actually get up, you should feel better and it will only get better from there.

Ickyuck
02-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Look what the cat dragged up! :p

Opiofreq
02-27-2010, 04:12 PM
Insufflating Opana is the best opiate high you can hope to have.

Better than heroin,dillies ,OC's or anything else .PERIOD!

Ickyuck
02-27-2010, 04:15 PM
This thread lead a full, happy life. Four years is long enough.