PDA

View Full Version : Oxymorphone IR & ER - info required!

gauchoamigo
10-31-2012, 07:13 PM
Somebody tell me please. I hear that Opana ER has been messed up by the makers; much the same as the US 'OP' m/r ocycodone, of which I have yried the 80mg, and found them pretty damned awful. Strength more like regular 40mg and some horrible side effects like headache and gastric problems. And they go gummy when you try to eat them. I recommend all oxycodone patients over there to buy outside the US or demand instant release four times daily. I have been using IR for 5 years now, brand name capsules just MADE for snorting. But never would I touch OP again, they are an absolute travesty.
So tell me, are the instant oxymorphone still the same as ever? It is a drug I have never tried but it sounds like a good alternative to oxycodone and hydromorphone, providing the dosage is high enough. How does the effect of 20mg compare with 20mg oxycodone? Having a product licence only in the US makes it almost impossible for me to even try a few days' worth, as unlike other countries, nobody will ship mrds from the US to UK unless it's a private individual.
I am intrigued. My tolerance to Oxynorm capsules coupled with the inability to access Dilaudid or Opana makes life difficult, especially with an opiophobe for a doctor.
Basically I am asking, have they messed about with IR oxymorphone?
Also, are the excellent Mallinckrodt and Actavis generic opioids available cheaply anywhere? Like the cheap prescription schemes run by Walgreen and Target? Of all the US meds I have been sent by friends, only DAN carisoprodol, Greenstone benzos (triazolam and alprazolam) & Mallinckrodt's superb opioids have been any good at all, most US generics being second only to Pakistan in poor quality stakes. Actavis make some of the best UK generics, so I imagine now they have bought out a couple of US companies, quality of these (thinking about Purepac yellow alps) should rise to the standard I have come to expect from Actavis, so to see them making oxycodone in tablet form and at 30mg strength is encouraging. The other thing I wished to ask is, are there many generic oxymorphones, at reasonable prives, and importantly, are they approaching Endo Opana in efficacy and quality?
Thanks for help on this; I just wish I could access them, my lowered dosage and heightened tolerance to my analgesic means I must continually seek out equianalgesic drugs in order to simply dull my pain. I don't think I have been truly pain free in 15 years!

Dr. McKay
10-31-2012, 07:28 PM
Somebody tell me please. I hear that Opana ER has been messed up by the makers; much the same as the US 'OP' m/r ocycodone, of which I have yried the 80mg, and found them pretty damned awful. Strength more like regular 40mg and some horrible side effects like headache and gastric problems. And they go gummy when you try to eat them. I recommend all oxycodone patients over there to buy outside the US or demand instant release four times daily. I have been using IR for 5 years now, brand name capsules just MADE for snorting. But never would I touch OP again, they are an absolute travesty.
So tell me, are the instant oxymorphone still the same as ever? It is a drug I have never tried but it sounds like a good alternative to oxycodone and hydromorphone, providing the dosage is high enough. How does the effect of 20mg compare with 20mg oxycodone? Having a product licence only in the US makes it almost impossible for me to even try a few days' worth, as unlike other countries, nobody will ship mrds from the US to UK unless it's a private individual.
I am intrigued. My tolerance to Oxynorm capsules coupled with the inability to access Dilaudid or Opana makes life difficult, especially with an opiophobe for a doctor.
Basically I am asking, have they messed about with IR oxymorphone?
Also, are the excellent Mallinckrodt and Actavis generic opioids available cheaply anywhere? Like the cheap prescription schemes run by Walgreen and Target? Of all the US meds I have been sent by friends, only DAN carisoprodol, Greenstone benzos (triazolam and alprazolam) & Mallinckrodt's superb opioids have been any good at all, most US generics being second only to Pakistan in poor quality stakes. Actavis make some of the best UK generics, so I imagine now they have bought out a couple of US companies, quality of these (thinking about Purepac yellow alps) should rise to the standard I have come to expect from Actavis, so to see them making oxycodone in tablet form and at 30mg strength is encouraging. The other thing I wished to ask is, are there many generic oxymorphones, at reasonable pries, and importantly, are they approaching Endo Opana in efficacy and quality?
Thanks for help on this; I just wish I could access them, my lowered dosage and heightened tolerance to my analgesic means I must continually seek out equianalgesic drugs in order to simply dull my pain. I don't think I have been truly pain free in 15 years!

Well..to answer your question. right now they only have generic oxymorphone ER in 7.5 and 15 mg strength. In 2013 all strengths 5 mg-40mg will be available by many different manufacturers . Right now the brand name Opana IR 5 and 10mg are not being made, but there are 1 or 2 companies currently making generic versions of the IR type. The IR tabs are currently not made to be tamper resistant. But since the brand name 5 and 10 mg Opana IR tabs have been off the market for almost a year now there is talk that they may be working on making them tamper resistant too.
I personally am hoping that they dont do this because I am on Opana ER and was on Opana IR and the Opana Er are terrible compared to the old Opana Er tabs, but they still beat the oxycontin (OP type).

I personally like dilaudid (hydromorphone) over Opana IR for its rush, but the Opana IR last a lot longer and kills pain a bit better.

as far as generic brand go a lot of people in the US do not like any Mallinckrodt products. Especially their verson of dilaudid !

I hope this answers your questions...

Neighborboy
10-31-2012, 07:39 PM
Mallinckrodt products. Especially their verson of dilaudid !

[/FONT]
The exception that proves the rule, on the Mallies as a brand, would be the Mallinckrodt 30mg oxycodone tablets :). Probably
never gonna see those again, not from pharmacy. Like 10%-20% more expensive then
the Actavis brand. Unless I move or find a walgreens or other chain. Fingers crossed.

smackNcheez
11-01-2012, 12:23 AM
The exception that proves the rule, on the Mallies as a brand, would be the Mallinckrodt 30mg oxycodone tablets :). Probably
never gonna see those again, not from pharmacy. Like 10%-20% more expensive then
the Actavis brand. Unless I move or find a walgreens or other chain. Fingers crossed.

Mallie 30mg roxies seem to be the norm out here in the west. I was getting mallie and actavis ones on a 50/50 regularity when I was still on the east coast. Personally, I prever the actavis ones, but everyone else around here prefers the Mallies on oxycodone. Weird.

TheGreatMalinko
11-01-2012, 12:44 AM
Yeah my butt rolls 7.5mg oxymorph and it works well, much better than the OC80's o lore' in my opinion. Also I agree with Dr. McKay about the "it kills the pain" better comment! Dilaudid did me great, but the other surely lasts longer. I'd encourage anyone to stick with dilaudid as long as you can though.

lordtrey
11-03-2012, 04:34 AM
I still like the new Opana for nasal use. You do new a dremel to break them down into a fine dust and mix with another powder (I use creatine) and at least double the powder to dusted OxyM, but the effect is still damn nice. And thu are cheap on the street and even SR (under 30 dollars for a 40 which beats the hell out of 25-30 dollar roxies).

You do also have to do a nasal spray rinse after every line and a good nasal rinse every day to get the goop out but the OxyM high is the best high IMO. I even perfer it to good dope. Plus it doesn't even mess up my drug tests for oxyC.

For IV users it does still suck. But there is still plenty of fun to be had for snorters with a bit of extra work. So don't discount the new round little bastards all the way. Give them a shot and try to enjoy.