PDA

View Full Version : Hydrocodone in system on drug test?

L0VE
11-07-2006, 04:09 AM
How long does hydrocodone stay in the system for? I wish, now, that I never spent the $$ on these a few days ago because I now have a drug test and oxys come out within less than a day or two, for me (because I snort them). I took 2 10 lorcets for pain and I didn't know I was going to be taking a test. I took them on Saturday and it is now Tuesday, I have the test later on :confused: . And, does drinking water and cranberry juice work to flush it out sooner?

repeek
11-07-2006, 09:40 AM
I have a brother on parole that has to take drug tests that send him to prison if he fails. He goes to vitamin store and gets some kit that will make your UA clean if you follow the instructions. When do you have to take the UA, I will call him today and find out what it is called and what store he buys it at.

flipside
11-07-2006, 12:02 PM
Water water & more water. Good luck!

SpecialGuy69
11-07-2006, 12:29 PM
Flip is correct- water, and lots of it. I think that a lot of those kits (but not all) are b.s., the reason they work is because they instruct you to drink gallons of water along with them. It kind of bugs me that companies would take advantage of desparate, scared people by charging them outrageous prices for inexpensive products. The profit margins on the detox teas must be huuuuge.

Still, why take any chances. Take the tea just in case. Or, better yet, get a prescription for hydrocodone. Then you'll have a legit reason to fail your drug test, and nobody, not even a p.o, can fault you for taking your doctor prescribed medicine. There's 2 ways to do this: go to the e.r. - read some of the threads on how to score vicodin, etc. from the e.r. by faking pain (or maybe you really have a condition). I don't think faking pain is a very ethical thing to do, but you gotta do what you gotta do, ya dig?

Let me know if you have any ?'s.

Sitar
11-07-2006, 12:49 PM
Relax, man... hydrocodone isn't even tested for on most standard drug tests these days, although that's gonna change really soon. But for now, I think you'll be okay. They're going to add Hydro and Oxy to the tests really soon because of the surge in popularity recently in "abusing" those meds, but for now I believe that they are not on the tests, only opiates that metabolize into morphine, which Oxy and Hydro do not.

Narkotikon
11-07-2006, 12:49 PM
They say opiates stay in your system for 4-5 days, but of course this is subjective. In my experience, tea and pods stay in your system a lot longer because of the different alkaloids and their long half-lifes, and of course methadone stays in your system a long time, but not all drug tests test for methadone. I'd say that if you took the hydro on Saturday and are taking the test today, that you MIGHT pass it. I'm not sure what your body is like. Just like everyone said, drink lots of water. Of, if I was really scared, I'd do like Tm420tm said, go to the ER and see if you can get a script for lortab or something. Hell, even a narcotic cough syrup would be better, and sometimes they're actually easier to get. In the future, give yourself 7-10 days for opies to leave your system. That is, of course, if you know about the test in the future.