PDA

View Full Version : Methadone & Fentanyl

Tmac5150
11-07-2006, 01:16 AM
I was wondering if anyone might know the effects of mixing the two? Will someone on methadone maintenance feel fentanyl, or would the blockers in the methadone keep you from feeling it?Do you know of any harmfull side effects of mixing the two? Any help w/this question would be greatly appreciated...Thanks in advance..

The Mayor
11-07-2006, 01:57 AM
My experience with fent and methadone has yeilded unsatisfactory results. The blockers in the done are a bitch to punch through and you may have to triple your dose to notice anything, and even then it will be fleeting. There are many other posts on this site that deal with this subject, but the best advise I can give is to wait. And you'll have to wait at least a few days before anything will work. Methadone will forever fuck up tolerance and effects of other opies. Just my personal experience...

candy
11-07-2006, 07:40 AM
I was wondering if anyone might know the effects of mixing the two? Will someone on methadone maintenance feel fentanyl, or would the blockers in the methadone keep you from feeling it?Do you know of any harmfull side effects of mixing the two? Any help w/this question would be greatly appreciated...Thanks in advance..

Any harmful side-effects???? Yeah, here is one. OVERDOSE!

Sorry to sound sarcastic, but mixed together can lead to OD. Fentanyl is pretty powerful, especially when injected. I would imagine it is going to take a bit more to feel the effects. Could that be to much?

Being on Methadone for me, seems like a waste when you try to use other opiates. I dose daily, so I would only be wasting money and time trying to get a good high on!

devilsdrug
11-07-2006, 07:43 AM
thank u CANDY that was my first thought sounds like a great way to od shit with breath killin ablities of fent and then haffin to break thru done very easy to whoops it

reddragon3668
11-07-2006, 08:06 AM
I agree... I take methadone everyday for CP. Anywhere from 160mg to 240, depending on the day. My doc recently started giving me 60 2mg dillies for breakthrough pain. I thought, hey, maybe I can cop a buzz... nah, not happening. I don't inject, and I tried half the bottle this past month at once and nothing... it was a real waste. Methadone does its job well... its a great pain reliever and obviously, it blocks the effects of other meds very well, hence its use in opiate maintenace.

Paregoric Kid
11-07-2006, 08:06 AM
there are no "blockers" in methadone, the only way methadone blocks other opioids is when you take such a large dose that it fills up all of your receptors (receptor saturation). this only happens on higher doses of methadone, but I think even if you were on a dose like that the fentanyl should have higher binding affinity and be able to knock some of the methadone off of the receptors. in my experience they work well together but if you do a little too much of either you will overdose. it is a very strong combination.

reddragon3668
11-07-2006, 08:18 AM
there are no "blockers" in methadone, the only way methadone blocks other opioids is when you take such a large dose that it fills up all of your receptors (receptor saturation). this only happens on higher doses of methadone, but I think even if you were on a dose like that the fentanyl should have higher binding affinity and be able to knock some of the methadone off of the receptors. in my experience they work well together but if you do a little too much of either you will overdose. it is a very strong combination.

I did not know that. My doc recently suggest the actiq(sp) lollipops... if I lower my methadone dose, I should feel something from the fentanyl in the pops... I might just have to give them a try...

greenfox
11-07-2006, 09:37 AM
I did not know that. My doc recently suggest the actiq(sp) lollipops... if I lower my methadone dose, I should feel something from the fentanyl in the pops... I might just have to give them a try...

Said it before I'll say it again.

Heroin is the lie.
Fent. is the truth.

Don't believe me? Taje a 100ug patch, cut it with snizzzzers, and pour that goop out.

YUM YUM!!!

ahh.. the truth. Fentanyl. The light, the glory, the hope, the truth.

Fentanyl.
;)

(inaudible screams)
11-07-2006, 10:17 AM
Heroin is the lie.
Fent. is the truth.

Never tasted any h, but I love my fent. I agree with your statement even though I cannot support it.

Tmac5150
11-07-2006, 12:13 PM
I am new here and want to thank everyone for the advice, it is much appreciated. I have PLENTY of exp. w/methadone & other opiates, but I have never messed w/the fentanyl before. Once again, thanks to all for the speedy replies. This seems to be a great site. I look forward to using it and benefitting from all of your seemingly well informed experience. Thanks...

flipside
11-07-2006, 12:17 PM
Well, we're glad to have ya, now just don't go and do anything stupid like OD on methadone & Fentanyl!!

greenfox
11-07-2006, 01:00 PM
Well, we're glad to have ya, now just don't go and do anything stupid like OD on methadone & Fentanyl!!

lol! ;) sorry... I know it shouldn't have been funny.... but it was. sue me..

(but in all serious-ness... yah.. don't OD... oding sux... I almost lost a friend that combined fent + H.. ) dude was "legally dead" 4 minutes :P

lolleedee
11-07-2006, 11:20 PM
BE CAREFUL!!!! I happen to LOVE fentanyl....but that love lead me to a near fatal overdose a little over a year ago. I was using the actiq lollies(they are so damn yummy and being I wasn't on methadone at the time, I was flying high in a matter of minutes!) I was using the 1600mcg..usually two at a time, but when that stopped getting me high, I increased and my heartrate decreased....had inhalation pneumonia from inhaling vomit into my lungs..heart stopped..had to get "the paddles" and I was on a ventilator for 5 days in ICU! Be really careful with the fent....I hate to say it, but even after going through that, if someone handed me an actiq lollie I would be in heaven!!! (probably quite literally!!!) but, that is the junky in me talking...........

Powdered Love
11-08-2006, 03:24 AM
i sometimes don't understand the obsession some have with fent... i mean, it is VERY strong, i know this... but for me, the euphoria isn't as great as some other opiates, it seems more sedating than anything, and it only lasts for like 30 minutes! I just don't get it.. somebody school me, please... :(

oh yeah, also it's so much easier to OD on!

rikaros
11-08-2006, 08:06 AM
Fentanyl is what they put in epidurals- and oh yes, you can catch a buzz on it!! I had a severe reaction with my third child, though. My heart rate jumped to well over 200 bpm everytime the pump kicked in a new dose into the catheter. So, watch for that.

Fentanyl, more than any other opiate, is the most dangerous to use while on methadone. The combination can kill you quickly, so I would say that doing it without a docs prescription wouldn't be such a great idea, unless you had a bottle of Narcan and a friend to administer it should you OD. There is something in the chemical makeup of the synthetic opiate that allows it to break through the barrier methadone creates around the opiate receptor. The other opiate that does this is Darvon, but it is less potent than Fentanyl.

Ericka

flipside
11-08-2006, 11:01 AM
lol! ;) sorry... I know it shouldn't have been funny.... but it was. sue me..

(but in all serious-ness... yah.. don't OD... oding sux... I almost lost a friend that combined fent + H.. ) dude was "legally dead" 4 minutes :P

Actually it was meant to be funny. Can't sue ya, the dealers and docs probably have all your money anyway J/K

If you can't OD how did your friend that combined fent & H become legally dead for 4 minutes.? I'm all for a free exchange of, experience, information and ideas. But misinformation is dangerous. Please be careful advocating things that the Health moderator of this forum herself has said is dangerous.

greenfox
11-08-2006, 11:16 AM
Actually it was meant to be funny. Can't sue ya, the dealers and docs probably have all your money anyway J/K

If you can't OD how did your friend that combined fent & H become legally dead for 4 minutes.? I'm all for a free exchange of, experience, information and ideas. But misinformation is dangerous. Please be careful advocating things that the Health moderator of this forum herself has said is dangerous.

sorry for not clarifying: I meant you can't really od from tea (I think) iv h? yeah u can od from that.,

remybur12
11-08-2006, 11:29 AM
Fentanyl is very strong. And I love it. I am prescribed 100 microgram patches of duragesic. And I hate methadone. If you do not have a tolerence then don't combine any narcotics. For experienced users only: The Best combo is Fentanyl and good ol' Mister Heroin.

"I want to outrace the speed of pain"- Marilyn Manson

flipside
11-08-2006, 11:38 AM
sorry for not clarifying: I meant you can't really od from tea (I think) iv h? yeah u can od from that.,

It's all good.

greenfox
11-08-2006, 11:43 AM
Fentanyl is very strong. And I love it. I am prescribed 100 microgram patches of duragesic. And I hate methadone. If you do not have a tolerence then don't combine any narcotics. For experienced users only: The Best combo is Fentanyl and good ol' Mister Heroin.

My fav. is 80mg of oxy, a bin. of H, and some Fent. Great combo, very easy to low off.

remybur12
11-08-2006, 11:46 AM
I like oxycodone but don't get me wrong I love some dilaudid. Also oxy's have a really sh*ty come down for me anyways

insaneike
11-10-2006, 01:31 AM

Hmm, well I don't know if the done you get from clinic for maintance programs of getting clean has something in it to block the effects of other opioids to an extent or not but the 'dones someone does are the Methadose brand 10mg big round white ones and they sure do go pretty DAMN NICE with someones Fentanyl(25mcg/hr, 2.5mg total) patches...

Keep in mind someone is pretty tolerant to opiates in general, and sues both the 'done and fent for chronic pain, not for the high. Someone is scripted the fentnayl but not the dones. Someone takes the done almost dail/nightly along with the fent and has had zero problems, it's all good. Also this person takes oxy and xanax with those two. but keep in mind this person has a pretty high tolerance! and does not think it's safe for the avg person to mix any of these narcotics!

Now I don't know your tolerance so I don't wanna give any info saying that it will be safe for you to do or not, y'know?

Be safe, be careful, and have fkn fun man!!!~

later

flipside
11-10-2006, 05:20 AM
Hmm, well I don't know if the done you get from clinic for maintance programs of getting clean has something in it to block the effects of other opioids to an extent or not but the 'dones someone does are the Methadose brand 10mg big round white ones and they sure do go pretty DAMN NICE with someones Fentanyl(25mcg/hr, 2.5mg total) patches...

Keep in mind someone is pretty tolerant to opiates in general, and sues both the 'done and fent for chronic pain, not for the high. Someone is scripted the fentnayl but not the dones. Someone takes the done almost dail/nightly along with the fent and has had zero problems, it's all good. Also this person takes oxy and xanax with those two. but keep in mind this person has a pretty high tolerance! and does not think it's safe for the avg person to mix any of these narcotics!

Now I don't know your tolerance so I don't wanna give any info saying that it will be safe for you to do or not, y'know?

Be safe, be careful, and have fkn fun man!!!~

later

Good post Ike and no I'm not being sarcastic:)