PDA

View Full Version : Hiding Track Marks Within 12 Hours.

panthrax
11-03-2006, 01:38 AM
I frequently have to visit doctors for the various illnesses I have.

I also frequently IV opiates.

I try to use a new needle each time but I have to admit that sometimes, I just said, "fuck it".

Those times have happened so often, track marks have appeared. Some of them are so close together, they look like a straight line, like a cat-scratch.

Others are isolated dots on the tops of my hands.

What I'm getting at is this:

During my doctor visits, they often inspect my hands because my hands have Rheumatoid Arthritis affecting them badly.

If the doctor were to do that tomorrow afternoon, he would no doubt see the marks.

I know I cannot get rid of the marks within my short time-frame, however, I know that I can at least hide them.

I did a search on this forum for "track mark removal" and read all the threads it gave. So I know a good bit now about what I can do. Let me run it by you guys and make sure I got everything right and to see if there is anything else that I can do. Remember, this is a desperate situation.

1. Apply triple antibiotic ointment.
2. Apply Vitamin E lotion.
3. Cover the sites with makeup that matches skin color as closely as possible.
4. Apply Aloe Vera.
5. Wear clothing that will cover the area as best as possible. If appropriate.

Anything else I'm missing?

I am in desperate need of help and I could come up with some plan on my own but I wanted to check here and see if there are any secrets I don't know about yet.

Thanks in advance!

SpecialGuy69
11-03-2006, 01:42 AM
If you want to go OG, get a tattoo over that part of your arm. I have friends who have gotten specific tattoos for this reason. And it could be done before your doc appt. tomorrow. Probabky not what you were looking for, but it IS a possible solution.

Anti-histamines make swelling go down, I think redness too. Try applying ice to the area right before you go in, this may take the color out for a little while.

check this thread, answers the question nicely:
http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=2744

Opiyum
11-03-2006, 01:50 AM
Im glad this came up because recently CANDY made a comment about Vitamin E and the wonders it will work.
So when I was at the store buying my Isopropyl and Tagamet I grabbed some of the Vit E solution and boy does it ever work.
I only recently started shooting again and its not a daily thing so this keeps me virtually track free. THANKS CANDY!

chemboy7
11-03-2006, 02:09 AM
Other than what you already stated I can't really think of anything to help other than maybe spray on tanning shit. I heard that works better than make-up but would assume if he is touching and rubbing on it that some would come off and he might think your on to something or uncover one of those bad boys. I know all about being worried about others spoting my marks, that's why I am kinda glad that it's getting cold out and I can start wearing long sleaves... I keep most of my shots in my feet and legs with only the occasional arm shot. Fucking paranoid about anyone noticing them! Now that I got myself a fuck buddy (finally broke that 5 year celibacy guys :D ) I would be really interested in any other methods of covering them too... clothes no longer protect me. Hahaha. Anyways bro, sorry I couldn't help more; keep you in the thoughts and prayers anyways. Doctors are the last people you want labeling you a junky, I feel for ya.

vaxn8
11-03-2006, 03:03 AM
Congrats Chem- way to go!

Panth- a couple comments, gotta do this quick,so excuse spelling/grammar and all that shit!

1. Apply triple antibiotic ointment.
2. Apply Vitamin E lotion.
3. Cover the sites with makeup that matches skin color as closely as possible.
4. Apply Aloe Vera.
5. Wear clothing that will cover the area as best as possible. If appropriate.

# 1 excellent for right after shot and while wound is healing! Even if scabbed, good idea to put on anyway. Neosporin (generic ok) does a wonderful job at keeping the bugs out and keeping the wound moist and promoting healing. THe stuff iwth the lidocaine (or whatever type of local it has) is good when they hurt or itch. Try to avoid scratching an reopening the wound.

#2 excellent for long term care of scars! Have old ones that you want to improve, use the E. There has been no advantages found to taking vit e by mouth as a supplement, but some people claim it works. I don't agree and think it is a waste. What is good though is to buy the soft-gel type capsules. They are oval-capsule shaped, but kind of squishy. Get those, prick with a needle and let the vit E ooze out. Put it on scars, very, very good for healing. Good thing to do at night, get in a routine of doing it every night, you will appreciate it years from now!

#3 Cover up works for "covering up" situations [WOW, i'm just brilliant today!] - probably what you have right now. If it's somewhat healed and NOT scabbed go ahead and use. Don't use on open wounds, or scabbed wounds, it will just brighten those ones! Go to a drug store and test the colors. Many times a DARKER color will cover better than a lighter one. Depends on your skin type and the color of the scar. Try them out!

I'm not sure if you're male or female, didn't check, but bronzers are also helpful for covering. If you have a decent set of brushes and can "paint" with different bronzers you can cover the bigger ones. I use one that is one actual bronzer compact, but it is a mix of many colors. I use different colors in different areas and blend them well.

Like Chem said, tanning sprays/lotions are very helpful. This is for the ones that would work with a darker cover up. Make sure you test in an area that you don't have to show the doc- you don't want to get a funny orange color. Practice with it so you can get it on smoothly! Once you get used to how to use it, it works great!

Oh, on feet, at least for me, LIGHT cover-up works better than dark. I believe this is because (i'm white) my feet are very white, especially in the winter. Whereas on my hands/arms the skin is a little darker so a draker cover up works better for me- again you have to play with it a little to get the best.

If the tanning lotion/spray doesn't turn out very good it should still at least cover stuff up. You can always be honest and say you were tyring a new tanning spray and it didn't work out so good!

#4- another excellent long-term skin/scar care plan! If you have the actual plant, it does a much better job. Apply to healed or healing scars and watch them fade away, not kidding. Well, you can't actually "watch" them fade away, but you get my point (i hope- i'm a little manic at the moment trying to do too much at once!)

#5 again, good idea but won't help when you have to remove it for the doc. Is obvisouly good for everyday situations.

Another idea that wasn't specifically mentioned is just always keeping your skin moisturized! Don't let it get all dry then stick yourself! It will never heal as well as it would have if you had moisturized your skin.

Also, drink lots of water, keep your body hydrated- helps your skin.

Avoiding smoking can help keep skin looking good.

Hmmm there's more i'm missing, but this should keep you busy. If anything is confusing, just let me know. I'm flying through this and not going back to check anythign,

Me

chemboy7
11-03-2006, 03:31 AM
Congrats Chem- way to go!

:whip: Yeah, those pesky sober periods can really get the hormones pumping. Something had to be done.

Avoiding smoking can help keep skin looking good.

Yeah but do you think it would have any help in covering track marks? I know that the smoke isn't good for the skin and that it can cause it to harden, and wrinkle, and look older; but if anything I would say that the darkening from the tar (atleast in the hands) would help more than hinder... probably not enough to make a difference anyways. I was just curious if not smoking would really help with covering tracks (and how) or if it just keeps the skin looking good?

THe stuff iwth the lidocaine (or whatever type of local it has) is good when they hurt or itch. Try to avoid scratching an reopening the wound

I think your talking about Benzocaine spray.

Narkotikon
11-03-2006, 04:50 AM
Pan stick theatrical makeup. That shit will cover anything, stays on forever, and comes in a wide variety of flesh tones. You can get it at any type of costume or theatrical shop. It clogs your pores like crazy though, and it has to be taken off with makeup removers for oil-based makeup (eyeliner / shadow remover works well).

vaxn8
11-03-2006, 12:33 PM
Yeah but do you think it would have any help in covering track marks? or if it just keeps the skin looking good?

I think your talking about Benzocaine spray.

No i wasn't that clear on that, it just keeps the skin healy and hydrated. I think you may be on to something though with the tar, if you could spread it around, you could probably cover something.

No, i'm not talking about the spray, I'm talking about the neosporin that has a topical anesthetic right in it with the antibiotics. It's like pain relief formula or something like that????

superman
11-03-2006, 05:09 PM
If you want to go OG, get a tattoo over that part of your arm. I have friends who have gotten specific tattoos for this reason. And it could be done before your doc appt. tomorrow. Probabky not what you were looking for, but it IS a possible solution.

Anti-histamines make swelling go down, I think redness too. Try applying ice to the area right before you go in, this may take the color out for a little while.

check this thread, answers the question nicely:
http://forum.opiophile.org/showthread.php?t=2744

hahaha, i love this line of thinking. i can keep my tracks under control, but my problem is that my tourniquette leaves a red line around my bicep that seems to last for ages. so i definately plan on getting a tat that covers this nicely

SpecialGuy69
11-03-2006, 05:14 PM
I'm going to have to take a pic of a friend's arm- he has a willow tree trunk running right over his veins, with the leaves and shit all over to cover the collateral damage. He says it has all this meaning, but I was with him when he got the tattoo, we were looking at all the flash, trying to find something that 1)would completely cover the tracks 2)wasn't too lame

This is the same guy who pincushions himself compulsively when shooting blow. In jail now, out in a few weeks.

panthrax
11-03-2006, 11:47 PM
Well for those that care, I went to the doctor today and he didn't even glance at my hands. I wore clothing to cover it as best as I could, and rubbed makeup over it.

I imagine though that it would have still worked if he had of looked at it anyhow.

But regardless, thanks a lot you guys. Lots of helpful members here who like my type of substances. I think I will post here more often.

nick
11-04-2006, 04:07 AM
Pleased for you Panthrax.

candy
11-06-2006, 03:38 PM
All things mentioned for track marks were good. I am sorry my post is a few days late, as you most likely saw the doc already.

One remedy not mentioned,(I think) is Arnica cream or gel. They do make it in tabs, which you can take too, but apply the cream or gel. It is a homeopathic medicine and you can find it at GNC, or Vitamin shop or maybe at a Rite-Aid or Walgreen's. It is supposed to help heal bruising much faster. Apparently, it helps stimulate the bodies own natural healing elements.
It was given to me when I had some enhancement surgery and applied it daily and the bruising did go away faster. So of course, it only seemed natural to use it when I injected. I applied it daily regardless of clean shots or missed shots. And I continued to use it after I stopped injecting to get rid of those ugly black lines and marks from many months of injecting in the same places. I know only have a few spots that draw attention. but they look more like bruises. So, instead of a junkie, I look like someone who falls alot.
I recommend getting in the habit of applying the Arnica cream, Vit. E cream, and Aloe Vera Gel, a few times a day in the spots you hit every day. I kept it by the sink and often applied it after I washed my hands. It soon became habit and my scars healed faster.

Neosporin or any triple antibiotic ointment is fine, which is all Neosporin is anyway. Why pay more for the brand name. It's a good way to heal those new marks.

Using new needles is always a way to help avoid scarring. It's not going to avoid having injection marks and anyone who uses long term or daily is going to develop tracks regardless, as well as scar tissue build up. New needles or not, it is going to happen! But.....If you do above and other suggestions members gave, you will be less likely to attract attention and have less visible scarring.

Nothing much to do about the scarring not visible. Rotate sites is a good way to prevent more scarring beneath the skin, but for those who use for years, it just cannot be completely avoided.

If you can, get into the habit of new needles and rotate those sites all the time, if possible. I know some of us have only a few good places and women tend to have a harder time finding visible veins, but get familiar with good techniques, and know where to find veins. Use a tourniquet and avoid injecting if you have missed. I know I did a few times and when your sick, well anyway to feel better. BUt, this will lead to scarring. Missed shots, apply some heat to the site immediately.

I think that covers it. It would be nice if there was a way we could inject and not get the scarring and all the other ugly stuff that comes along with it.
PREVENTION is the key!

Be well everyone!

moviebuff927
11-06-2006, 05:02 PM
If worst comes to worst and you cannot risk losing the doctor...

1. Try and call in and reschedule saying a family emergency has come up...it's better than him catching on if you KNOW he's going to see

2. I've tried this before when I had to give blood to my probation officer...I had a few bruises and track marks...before she even looked at my arm, I said, "is it okay to have blood drawn if you've given blood the day before?" obviously telling her that I had given blood the day before. If she had asked about the many track marks, I would have said, "I have really thin veins and they always have to poke me so many times before they can find one."

I know you've already seen the doctor but hopefully this can help someone in the future who has to go to the doctor and risks being seen.

jgent99
11-06-2006, 07:58 PM
I have used the same spot for years and except for a few insane years of coke where i about brunt out ever vain i had , I had a woman show me a place on my left arm . If you hold your left arm straight out and look a the break in your elbow where the whole world looks shoots and checks run you finger to the left amost to the side of your arm , there if your like me and lots of others that i have helped youll fill a big ass main vain that can handle just about anything you shouve its way , lol i have used this baby on both arms for years and they are both scard but they look more like a cut or a burn then noramal. I have never had a cop or a dr spot them and tons have looked . The only thing that shows up at all was druing a time when i was doing a ton of coke and whould reverse cook crack with limion juise and heat , It works but you have to be fast and the when the point starts cooling off you have to reheat which will cover the point with black carbon that will leave a nice little black dot unless you do it 10k times lol
i am glad i gave that shit up . Hope that helped and i will forever be greatful to the woman that showed me the vein on the far side of my arms, not to mention all the great sex that a 30 yr old x con woman can show a 14 year old boy . Life is good but somethime it is fucking great

Narkotikon
11-06-2006, 08:23 PM
How about this: why don't we all stop hiding our tracks? Why don't we just make ourselves into walking billboards for how fucked up our society is? Fuck the sterotypes of beauty. Let's show every track, crease, wrinke, scar, scab, and bruise. Let's show them that this is what happens when we live in a fucked up world.

moviebuff927
11-06-2006, 08:38 PM
How about this: why don't we all stop hiding our tracks? Why don't we just make ourselves into walking billboards for how fucked up our society is? Fuck the sterotypes of beauty. Let's show every track, crease, wrinke, scar, scab, and bruise. Let's show them that this is what happens when we live in a fucked up world.

I'm with you Narkitokon

HistoryofMadness
11-07-2006, 01:19 AM
I didn't read all this so it might be a repeat, but in short-term situations like yours I'd just apply some kind of make up / cream... but if he's going to smudge / you could always say you catsitted for a friend and GODDAMM at all the cats and fleas.

poonwhalla
11-07-2006, 01:55 AM
not only that cover up will work but coconut butter is some of the best shit for skin i have come across no matta what hands down with skin

Opiyum
11-08-2006, 02:12 AM
It should be said that when using any type of oil or ointment or what have you to help heal the skin you should only use it once the hole has had twenty-four hours or so to heal over and cover itself.
I decided to do some further research, having learned what i did form Candy about Vitamin E moisturizer. It wasn't something that I had thought of after i started useing the lotion.
From what I read this is mostly for the types of "spots" that will bleed after you take your shot. The kinds you can get from larger gauge needles like 18G-23G or in that neighborhood at least.
So it's really not something to worry about too much if your like me and know how to shoot properly leaving minimal marks, if any at all, and having almost no bleeding afterwards.

Thats all. Just a little tidbit for those who didn't know that some salves and such can infect an open wound.

G'day.