PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know for sure what Dilaudid (hydromorphone) shows up on a drug test as ?

Dr. McKay
07-25-2012, 09:26 PM
I was wondering if perscribed dilaudid and if you get drug tested, what will it show up as on a drug UA test ?
I have heard morphine and I have also heard it does not show up at all.
anyone that knows for sure can you please let me know...
I have never been drug tested since I was put on dilaudid so I have no clue what shows up since my doc showed me the results on my last drug test.

I just want to make sure if taking something that shows up as morphine will still be o.k. as long as dilaudid also shows up as morphine.

And just to let you know the tests never get sent off to a lab for additional testing.

thank you !

mainline
07-25-2012, 09:28 PM
It can come up as Morphine, Hell, I'vehad Oxycodone alone come up as morphine. But I hear that only happens with high doses.

Dr. McKay
07-25-2012, 09:51 PM
are you 110% sure it comes up as morphine ? Because I took some morphine and there is a very small chance I may get a UA tommorow. Very Very small, and I was not thinking about it until now and of course its too late since I already took it !
Last dose was about 7 pm today and if I get tested it will be about 2 pm tommorow.

mainline
07-25-2012, 10:44 PM
are you 110% sure it comes up as morphine ? Because I took some morphine and there is a very small chance I may get a UA tommorow. Very Very small, and I was not thinking about it until now and of course its too late since I already took it !
Last dose was about 7 pm today and if I get tested it will be about 2 pm tommorow.

IMO you'll be okay if its a UA fo sure, not sure about a gcms, cause that detects the acual substance. Otherewise youll be okay. Hell, I got the positive morphine thrown out in court(FLA, Pasco county) for having a bupe and Methadone(from my PM, got bupe just to have it) RX at the time.

epione
07-25-2012, 10:46 PM
i believe 90-95% is metabolized to hydromorphone-3-glucuronide, NONE to morphine that i know of.

a small amount is metabolized via CYP enzymes to a 6-hydroxymorphinone or some shit like that.

edit: i have heard small amounts of morphine can be metabolized to hydromorphone, but never the reverse.

The Ryan
07-25-2012, 10:50 PM
im pretty sure it will come up under morphine.

epione
07-25-2012, 11:57 PM
quoting my opioid metabolism guide, 'after hydromorphone use urine will only test positive for HM'.
'after morphine use, urine may test positive for morphine and occasionally hydromorphone'.

I take it you're prescribed HM, not M, soo. good luck.

this guide is a digital copy. wonder if it can be posted here for members. its very precise and detailed, thus useful.

penrose
07-26-2012, 01:11 AM
when someone takes codeine it will metabolise to morphine,so is it possible that you say you have taken some coughsyrup with codeine?

hella
07-26-2012, 01:22 AM
If worst comes to worst just try the ol' poppy seed bagel excuse ;)

Snoops
07-26-2012, 07:11 AM
Stick Test- Don't even trip....
GC/MS- They can determine a positive result right down to the EXACT substance. No fooling that machine.

Do you know which?

Sidenote: Hey ML, once I took a stick test for opies and passed, all while loaded on Oxycodone.
I heard that is common with Oxy on a stick test. Long as you aren't using other opies also.

mainline
07-26-2012, 10:14 AM
Sidenote: Hey ML, once I took a stick test for opies and passed, all while loaded on Oxycodone.
I heard that is common with Oxy on a stick test. Long as you aren't using other opies also.

It is common, I hear. I thought so, I even thought my PO was lying to put me back in jail. But it was true, I was doing about ~500mg/day back then when I was still in FL and using oxy pretty regularly. I then read on here tons of OC can pop pos+ for Morphine/OPI

Dilauday
07-26-2012, 12:27 PM
atleast up here in Canada, when a GP or doc wants to take a urine sample from a patient who is receiving CP treatment, they send it away for strict analysis, meaning they want to know the ug/ml concentration and what exactly is in your urine, they can definitely tell the difference between oxy and HM and morph and HM, believe me, I know they can

PoppyLlama
07-26-2012, 12:41 PM
it will show up as hydromorphone on a drug test if they test specifically for it.

also if you are taking hydrocodone, you will have some level of hydromorphone in your urine

I took a drug test and I was taking hydrocodone, oxycodone, and fentanyl and my results showed positive for:
Hydrocodone, Hydromorphone, Oxycodone, Oxymorphone, and Fentanyl.. NOT positive for morphine.

I'm pretty sure hydromorphone will show up as hydromorphone on a drug test not as morphine, unless its one of the cheap ass ones that just say "opiates" or "morphine" (meaning opiates) then it will show up as opiates.

Opiofiend
07-26-2012, 02:08 PM
It can come up as Morphine, Hell, I'vehad Oxycodone alone come up as morphine. But I hear that only happens with high doses.

your samples mustve got mixed up somehow, bc there is NO way oxycodone will ever show up as morphine. Oxycodone is derived from Thebaine, which is a completely different derivative branch of poppy than morphine. Oxy breaks down into oxycodone, oxymorphone, and noroxycodone metabolites. Unless you have a magical liver, im not sure how this happens. Im not trying to call you a liar here, just dont see how this happens unless A. the samples were mixed or B. the UA tester purposely tried to fuck u,

Dr. McKay
07-26-2012, 03:21 PM
False alarm!!!
I didn't get tested today!!!

I think I'm pressing my luck very hard now. I have not been tested ever since I started with the doc at my intake appointment. That was almost 1 year ago.

I'm pretty sure there is a state law here now that says your supposed to get tested 2x per year if you go to Pain Management.

I'm not complaining though!

I think Im going to keep a bottle of urine that will contain in it what I'm persribed only, and then freeze it. I was a dumb ass knowing that I had a doc appointment today, but I stupid me I did some H last night!

Good thing I did not get tested because I probally would have gotten caught and got kicked out of the office.

That definately would not be good in my case !

catmouth
07-26-2012, 04:10 PM
I got oxycodone methadone and xanax scripts, on felony probation and usually on my drug tests as long as it shows opiates/benzos/methadone they dump piss and i get to leave, well this one time the PO said ok everything looks good but im gonna send this to GC/MS anyway just to make sure your not taking more than your supposed to (and i had been taking dilaudid allll week and shot up 30min before going to probation)....i somehow passed the GC/MS drug test so i dunno if it was luck or it doesnt show up...(had a thread about this in drug testing somewhere)

x31966
07-26-2012, 04:48 PM
FWIW Hydrocdone metabolizes into hydromorphone.

The Ryan
07-26-2012, 05:04 PM
your samples mustve got mixed up somehow, bc there is NO way oxycodone will ever show up as morphine. Oxycodone is derived from Thebaine, which is a completely different derivative branch of poppy than morphine. Oxy breaks down into oxycodone, oxymorphone, and noroxycodone metabolites. Unless you have a magical liver, im not sure how this happens. Im not trying to call you a liar here, just dont see how this happens unless A. the samples were mixed or B. the UA tester purposely tried to fuck u,

Yes but then the oxymorphone is broken down into 6-hydroxyoxymorphone and oxymorphone-3-glucuronide, and the noroxycodone breaks down to something, which will further break down to something else.

Also, oxymorphone and noroxycodone are oxys only KNOWN metabolites, doubt many clinical trials had people taking 500mg-1g doses, so oxycodone may have even more metabolites only produced at higher levels that they don't even know about.

anythings possible with the human body, best advice would be DONT RISK IT!

SapphireBlue
07-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Anyone know if hydrocodone will show up on a UA specifically as hydrocodone? I know it breaks down into HM and that will show up, but I'm scripted HM so I'm just wondering if I can get away with taking hydro and not have to worry about it if I get UA'd??

Dr. McKay
07-26-2012, 07:09 PM
Anyone know if hydrocodone will show up on a UA specifically as hydrocodone? I know it breaks down into HM and that will show up, but I'm scripted HM so I'm just wondering if I can get away with taking hydro and not have to worry about it if I get UA'd??

Probally if they do a specific test for hydrocodone . I guess it depends on what the doc has on his tests. I have peeked in the past at doctors offices to see what they tested for so I would know in the future what I can get away with if I had to take something besides what is scripted to me.

epione
07-26-2012, 07:45 PM

'after hydrocodone use, urine may test positive for hydrocodone only, hydrocodone and hydromorphone, or only hydromorphone'.

so it depends if all the hydrocodone has been metabolized to HM by the time you take the test.

And Dr. McKay, I'm sure you know how bad it would look to your PM doc testing positive for 6-mam, which you probably would have if they tested you for it. Very risky stuff if you really need PM. good luck to you all. i know i need it to stay in PM... lol

PS. 'oxycodone has poor cross-reactivity on opiate test, but extremely high concentrations of oxycodone can result in positive for opiate'.

Dr. McKay
07-26-2012, 10:05 PM
'after hydrocodone use, urine may test positive for hydrocodone only, hydrocodone and hydromorphone, or only hydromorphone'.

so it depends if all the hydrocodone has been metabolized to HM by the time you take the test.

And Dr. McKay, I'm sure you know how bad it would look to your PM doc testing positive for 6-mam, which you probably would have if they tested you for it. Very risky stuff if you really need PM. good luck to you all. i know i need it to stay in PM... lol

PS. 'oxycodone has poor cross-reactivity on opiate test, but extremely high concentrations of oxycodone can result in positive for opiate'.

I know this and I realize how stupid I was for doing that stuff the night before I had an appointment.

I do think that I'm going to try and see what exactly the test has on it if I ever see one laying around at the office.

Its kind of strange how this place keeps their urine samples ready to be tested. They have this litte room that has a sink and a bunch of test strips around the counter.

After you take your unsupervised UA test you put the cup on the counter in the unsupervised hallway that usually has one or two cups of urine from other patients.

Now one thing that is really bad about this is that the cups can be possibly messed with if someone tried . If I ever get tested again I am going to ask them to hold my cup at the front desk until mine gets tested.

For all you know someone could switch your cup somehow , or maybe some crazy person may stick something in the urine cup .

catmouth
07-27-2012, 02:10 AM
LOL McKay...my doc office has the EXACT SAME SETUP....yours wouldnt happen to be in a little strip mall in tampa too with a 7-11 on the corner???

PS... And I ment to ask you this in email and shit (which you should check) is that Dr. Rodney Mckay who worked on the Atlantis along with Colonal Shephard and FUCK i cant think of their names and i cant think of the spaceship with that alien dude either lol........???

mainline
07-27-2012, 10:59 AM

Are you trying to come for me? LOL not to be a shady bitch but Im not the only one (not even on this site) this has happened to, AND no, my PISS sample didn't get 'mixed' up. Don't try and school me, fiend.

--- auto merge ---

Carry on, Children. Thanks E.

Dr. McKay
07-27-2012, 07:18 PM
LOL McKay...my doc office has the EXACT SAME SETUP....yours wouldnt happen to be in a little strip mall in tampa too with a 7-11 on the corner???

PS... And I ment to ask you this in email and shit (which you should check) is that Dr. Rodney Mckay who worked on the Atlantis along with Colonal Shephard and FUCK i cant think of their names and i cant think of the spaceship with that alien dude either lol........???

Nope different place my friend!

And yes Rodney McKay was last known to be working on Atlantis ( The Lost City) Last seen in the San Francisco Bay (cloaked of course) at the end of season 5. Then the show got cancelled. so who knows what he is up to these days. The actors name is David Hewlett he has a funny you tube channel where he is doing a web show called Assidate! Its kinda funny. he posts alot of videos on Youtube and most of them are funny as hell.

lordtrey
07-28-2012, 01:32 AM
I <3 Dr McKay. His SG1 episodes are all gold. When Atlantis was new I was so happy his character was chosen as a main role. Over the course of Atlantis they really badassed him out. And the hook up with the hot doctor chick that was on Firefly was well deserved. The wife and I loved rooting for him over Ronin in the love battle for her heart. It was sad to see the show end so abruptly so they could put all the money into Universe.

Of course they screwed us all and ended that show just as it was reaching its prime. Now the lack of stargate sadens me oh so often. Hell, I hardly have reason to watch SciFi (fuck SyFy that change ushered in the loss of star shows (Stargate and battlestar)) which killed my reasons to be glued to the network every friday. We would watch the episodes as soon as enough had recorded on the DVR to be sure we could fast foward through the commercials. Could not wait any longer or try to save for the weekend or something. We just didn't go out until we got our stargate fix.

If I had a choice between opiates or More Stargate I think I might could live clean and just deal with my CP with crap NSAIDs or something. Idk, maybe not, but it would be one hell of a decision. May the TV gods one day choose to give us back some kind of stargate. The world needs awesome SciFi. We need Dr McKay back!

Sorry for the complete derail. Just had to get that out. I miss the shows so much. Nothing on TV currently compairs. All that is left is Dr Who when it plays on BBCA.

Dr. McKay
07-28-2012, 03:19 PM
I <3 Dr McKay. His SG1 episodes are all gold. When Atlantis was new I was so happy his character was chosen as a main role. Over the course of Atlantis they really badassed him out. And the hook up with the hot doctor chick that was on Firefly was well deserved. The wife and I loved rooting for him over Ronin in the love battle for her heart. It was sad to see the show end so abruptly so they could put all the money into Universe.

Of course they screwed us all and ended that show just as it was reaching its prime. Now the lack of stargate sadens me oh so often. Hell, I hardly have reason to watch SciFi (fuck SyFy that change ushered in the loss of star shows (Stargate and battlestar)) which killed my reasons to be glued to the network every friday. We would watch the episodes as soon as enough had recorded on the DVR to be sure we could fast foward through the commercials. Could not wait any longer or try to save for the weekend or something. We just didn't go out until we got our stargate fix.

If I had a choice between opiates or More Stargate I think I might could live clean and just deal with my CP with crap NSAIDs or something. Idk, maybe not, but it would be one hell of a decision. May the TV gods one day choose to give us back some kind of stargate. The world needs awesome SciFi. We need Dr McKay back!

Sorry for the complete derail. Just had to get that out. I miss the shows so much. Nothing on TV currently compairs. All that is left is Dr Who when it plays on BBCA.

Well Dr. Who is going to be back on the air (in the UK at least ) on Aug 25, but there has not been any "official announcement " Also BBC America only has weekly Dr. Who specials listed every Saturday night during the month of August, but no date for season 7 to start.
I really do hope they play the show on the same date as they do in UK just to keep the Nielson rating numbers up for the show.
I am sure as a Sci-Fi fan you know about shows getting cancelled for low Nielson numbers even though there may be a huge fan base.

I also have heard some rumors of a Stargate II movie possibly being greenlit by MGM in the future. The one thing I dont like about the idea is that they are going to make is if SG1 , Atlantis, and Universe never happened.