PDA

View Full Version : HEADACHE AND HYDROCODONE

BLUEGIRL85
10-27-2006, 12:31 PM
DOES HYDROCODONE GIVE YOU A HEADACHE - NECK ACHE. FOR THE LAST WEEK I HAVE HAD A SEVERE HEADACHE THAT STARTED ON THE LOWER LEFT SIDE OF MY NECK. FOR 2 WEEKS UNTIL SCRIPT TIME I WAS TAKING TRAMADOL. GOT MY NORCO MONDAY AND HEADACHES ARE STILL HERE. NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE. SOME MILD HEADACHES BUT WOULD GO AWAY IN TIME. MY MAIN QUESTION IS SHOULD I BE WORRIED OR IS IT THE MEDS. TAKE 30 MGS AT A TIME 4 - 5 TIMES A DAY.???? ANY IDEALS.

Narkotikon
10-27-2006, 01:07 PM
I honestly don't know. I once got a really bad headache from taking too much Tussionex, but I think it was from the antihistamine in it. Also, the first few times I tried pod tea I got sick, but I think that was just the process of getting used to it. Could it be too much APAP? Could you do a CWE? Sorry this isn't more helpful.

seagullsuber
10-27-2006, 03:31 PM
if you have a headache while you are taking the pk's I say it has to be dehydration. always drink plenty of water with opiates. I know anything but water tastes so good when having a nice buzz but you become very dehydrated if on opiates for a while. gatorade will only make it worse.

Levity
10-27-2006, 03:48 PM
I'm going assume you're a good girl and doing a CWE to get rid of all that nasty APAP, because if not it could be causing headaches via increased blood pressure, which I believe is a symptom of liver/renal failure.

Best advice, lay off the pills a few days and see how you're doing.
Or use the headaches to get more pills or a different kind (like oxycodone, Perocets).

Sumocat
11-02-2006, 06:39 PM
I see this thread has been going a while, so I'm sort of late on the draw here....for what it's worth, though....

There was a thread over on the Drugbuyers forum about the type of headaches you're describing. What Levity said is true, it can be caused by the Tylenol..but, thankfully, for more reasons than just organ failure.

According to a doc...Tylenol actually has its own withdrawal side effects, one of which is rebound headaches.

So, if you went without your Norco - and, hence, without any Tylenol, for those 2 weeks, it could very well be Tylenol withdrawal. Sounds crazy, I know! Trying to imagine someone going into a Tylenol detox program....

-Sumo

InneedinFla.
11-02-2006, 06:44 PM
DOES HYDROCODONE GIVE YOU A HEADACHE - NECK ACHE. FOR THE LAST WEEK I HAVE HAD A SEVERE HEADACHE THAT STARTED ON THE LOWER LEFT SIDE OF MY NECK. FOR 2 WEEKS UNTIL SCRIPT TIME I WAS TAKING TRAMADOL. GOT MY NORCO MONDAY AND HEADACHES ARE STILL HERE. NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE. SOME MILD HEADACHES BUT WOULD GO AWAY IN TIME. MY MAIN QUESTION IS SHOULD I BE WORRIED OR IS IT THE MEDS. TAKE 30 MGS AT A TIME 4 - 5 TIMES A DAY.???? ANY IDEALS.
I'd say it might be dehydration like seagullsuber said. I've been on vicodin for years now and sometimes I still get headaches. Or you could try to have some caffeine, coffee, and that might help if you find it's not dehydration. If that doesn't work it might be another problem to be checked out. I'd say try the water first, then go for a nice hot cup of coffee with the norco's, works for me.
Hope you feel better!;)

AWOL
11-02-2006, 06:48 PM
DOES HYDROCODONE GIVE YOU A HEADACHE - NECK ACHE. FOR THE LAST WEEK I HAVE HAD A SEVERE HEADACHE THAT STARTED ON THE LOWER LEFT SIDE OF MY NECK. FOR 2 WEEKS UNTIL SCRIPT TIME I WAS TAKING TRAMADOL. GOT MY NORCO MONDAY AND HEADACHES ARE STILL HERE. NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFORE. SOME MILD HEADACHES BUT WOULD GO AWAY IN TIME. MY MAIN QUESTION IS SHOULD I BE WORRIED OR IS IT THE MEDS. TAKE 30 MGS AT A TIME 4 - 5 TIMES A DAY.????

I agree with the dehydration theory. Same reason why you get some hangover symptoms from alcohol.

ANY IDEALS.

Not usually :D

AWOL
11-02-2006, 06:49 PM
Gatorade will only make it worse.

Gatorade's all I drink. Serriously.

vaxn8
11-02-2006, 10:13 PM
Everything mentioned is actually a possibility. With that said, a headache lasting that long should be evaluated by a doc.

alowishus
11-02-2006, 10:31 PM
I used to get headaches, everyday - or ones that would last for 5 day have one day off then a new one comes, so bad I'd get sick; puke all over, then I found opi's. and have been free of those horrible fuckers. Of course now though, being semi-on the wagon, I'm getting them again.

But like vax said all could be all of them, only you know if it's really time for you to have it check out, no ones know your body like you!!:D

insaneike
11-02-2006, 10:44 PM
Yeap, opioids can sure cause headaches. Especialy hydro form my, and a nerologist experience! Now like the last time I tried to get any effect from hydros, I did a CWE on Twelve of the 10/325mg norocos, and down the solution, I'm guessing I got aorund 80-100mg in me after the CWE? ALL i got was a sort of headache, not the slightest buzz or notta, just this headache feeling behind my eyes and shit. It sucked. Keep in mind I have a natural toler to opis(I guess...) plus one nretardly high toler.

Aso when i first got put on Fentnayl i had some decent numb/achey feelings in the sides of my head... like the demple part or w/e.

and when I seen a nerologist about the headaches she said it's very hard to treat headaches for ppl taht are taking Lortab(hydrocodone) or opioids altogether. I even tried Nurontin(don't do that shit ever, makes u a zombi!), Migranil(ergotomine) nasal spray, Axert, and a few other shits. None of ti worked AT ALL. I was then also tried given Medrol dose pack, none that hel[ped the SLIGHTEST>

THough I no longer get them cept on occassion, no one still knows what caused them... :S

later

Powdered Love
11-03-2006, 06:38 AM
I think what is causing your headaches may be trying to read something that is typed in ALL CAPS.

I know it caused mine.

kyuss
11-03-2006, 11:57 AM
I think what is causing your headaches may be trying to read something that is typed in ALL CAPS.

I know it caused mine.

you bastard.

I was gonna
say that

Alice Mudgarden
11-19-2006, 11:58 PM
I honestly don't know. I once got a really bad headache from taking too much Tussionex, but I think it was from the antihistamine in it. Also, the first few times I tried pod tea I got sick, but I think that was just the process of getting used to it. Could it be too much APAP? Could you do a CWE? Sorry this isn't more helpful.

Same here for SWIM. The next day after the Tussionex was bad, like an alcohol hangover. SWIM also feels that the antihistamine is responsible for the hangover effects due to dehydration. Antihistamines, like clor-trimeton and benadryl, dry you out pretty well.

Powdered Love
11-20-2006, 12:39 AM
I totally agree about tussionex (or "the juice" as i like to call it) causing a hangover. The CPM in it really can be annoying at higher dosages. I found that high doses of coricidin cough and cold causes the exact same type of hangover as well... they both have CPM in them. The hangover consists of a headache, being dried out, and general lethargy.

Narkotikon
11-20-2006, 02:10 AM
I totally agree about tussionex (or "the juice" as i like to call it) causing a hangover. The CPM in it really can be annoying at higher dosages. I found that high doses of coricidin cough and cold causes the exact same type of hangover as well... they both have CPM in them. The hangover consists of a headache, being dried out, and general lethargy.

Why did you take high doses of Coricidin? Why not just get a regular bottole of Rubitussin that just has the DXM in it? Actually, CVS's brand is better as it's not as thick and syrupy. I'm not suggesting anyone take DXM, as I think it's a pretty shitty drug, but if you do, please don't take it in combination with another drug, things like decongestants, antihistamines, etc.

I just realized that that's a pretty hypocritical statement since I just said I took an entire bottle of Tussy before with CPM in it. So, fuck me. But it's still unsafe. I wouldn't recommend doing it to anyone.

vaxn8
11-20-2006, 02:21 AM
Why did you take high doses of Coricidin? Why not just get a regular bottole of Rubitussin that just has the DXM in it?

Excellent point, chlorpheneramine should really be avoided in high doses. There was a really long discussion about it, I don't know if it was lost in the last crash, but I was telling OJ why it was so bad. Short version, you can die from CPM and don't have to go very high over the recommended dose, you can also cause other serious damage. It's a lot like tramadol toxicity, you make take too much several times and be ok, then one day you do it again and too late, too much big problem.

Powdered Love
11-20-2006, 02:32 AM
Why did you take high doses of Coricidin? Why not just get a regular bottole of Rubitussin that just has the DXM in it? Actually, CVS's brand is better as it's not as thick and syrupy. I'm not suggesting anyone take DXM, as I think it's a pretty shitty drug, but if you do, please don't take it in combination with another drug, things like decongestants, antihistamines, etc.

I just realized that that's a pretty hypocritical statement since I just said I took an entire bottle of Tussy before with CPM in it. So, fuck me. But it's still unsafe. I wouldn't recommend doing it to anyone.

Well, Nark, I know now that it's really unhealthy to take large doses of CC&C when I could have just as easily taken Robo or cooked down Sucrets to get the same amount of DXM without the CPM... but when I started taking CC&C I was young and didn't know any better. Kind of a "Hey, take these pills and you'll trip hard" thing. As I grew older I also noticed that the CPM in coricidin really added some nice hallucinations that I simply just didn't get with DXM alone. That is why I continued using CC&C. After a while, I figured out that I didn't need such a high dose of CPM to get those hallucinations, I could just take 8mgs or so of CPM with the regular dose of DXM for pretty much the same effect. That being said, I have to give my disclaimer now: It is extremely dangerous to use high doses of CPM and I reccommend that NO ONE use Coricidin Cough and Cold to get high!

Narkotikon
11-20-2006, 02:36 AM
Well, Nark, I know now that it's really unhealthy to take large doses of CC&C when I could have just as easily taken Robo or cooked down Sucrets to get the same amount of DXM without the CPM... but when I started taking CC&C I was young and didn't know any better. Kind of a "Hey, take these pills and you'll trip hard" thing. As I grew older I also noticed that the CPM in coricidin really added some nice hallucinations that I simply just didn't get with DXM alone. That is why I continued using CC&C. After a while, I figured out that I didn't need such a high dose of CPM to get those hallucinations, I could just take 8mgs or so of CPM with the regular dose of DXM for pretty much the same effect. That being said, I have to give my disclaimer now: It is extremely dangerous to use high doses of CPM and I reccommend that NO ONE use Coricidin Cough and Cold to get high!

Yeah, I agree. I wasn't trying to be judgemental though. Just wondering why? We all do stupid things like that when we start out. I guess the most dangerous thing I've ever done with drugs is combining too many Ambien with alcohol. It wasn't really when I first started out, but still hadn't really used on a daily basis either. And it wasn't that I didn't know any better, I just didn't care about anything anymore. So, why not? I remember that activated charcoal. That stuff is nasty. And don't get me started on catheters.

Papa Verine
11-20-2006, 09:05 AM
Talking about doing stupid things when we were young (and stupid) can be a whole 'nuther topic by itself. I was one of those kids who though Datura would be a fun "trip".

I got to see sunlight again about 30 days later...