PDA

View Full Version : How is H weighed when packaged?

alb123
02-21-2012, 12:33 PM
Its been a LONG time (10+ years) since I was involved in the H scene, but I still read the forum out of curiosity. Anyway, I'm always confused when I hear people talk about H with terms like "grams". All of my experiences have been with individual stamped bags that contain just enough for a line, or a small shot. As far as I know, that's the only way that H is sold here, on the streets, in Massachusetts.

So, how much does ONE bag of average street dope weigh? Again, I'm talking about your average, east coast, New England style bags of dope. How many bags make up one gram of dope? A bundle (10 bags)?

Also, what do you think would be a fairly accurate conversion ratio to oxycodone? Like, do you think one bag of average street dope on the east coast is equal to 40mg of oxycodone? Higher? Lower? Again, it's been so long since I've used H, I have no idea how to compare the amount of it against something like oxycodone, which is a drug that I do take occasionally. If someone told me that they had a 30 bag a day habit, what do you think that would equate to, if you wanted to swap the same amount for oxycodone?

Sorry for the newbish questions, but this has been bugging me for quite some time. People that I personally know, they either do one or the other...they don't mix & match, so when I've asked them, I've always gotten different, sometimes widely varying, answers.

Thanks!

nick
02-21-2012, 12:47 PM
A ten bag normally equals about 0.1g's and I'd much rather have a bag of dope than 40mgs of oxycodone-hell,I don't even like oxy.

paups
02-21-2012, 12:51 PM
I was involved in the MA scene in the 90s and we got stamp bags like they still do in NYC.
Sometime in the early 00s the game in New England changed and now everything is sold by weight off a "finger" (I guess their equiv of a brick.?) They weigh grams and half grams out and package them up in the corner of a sandwich baggie.. "twists"
The dope tends to be a little chalkier than it used to be and sometimes needs heat to dissolve to ice tea. Can still be fire though..you just have to sniff it out.

About 5 yrs ago I had a connect in Jamaica Plain who sold dimes and dubs ($10 a .1) but on the Northshore last year they would only serve weight and it was $80/g.

So basically if you are looking to reconnect in the scene expect to need to buy a half gram minimum.. $40.

As for cross tolerance to oxycodone.. its all subjective and depends on how pure the dope is..
I would say a half g of the Salem powder I was getting last year was maybe like 160mg oxy perhaps..
Stamps in NYC.. vary wildly. I used to get fire and still needed a 5bag get well shot. At that point oxy would not touch me no matter how many 80s I took.

Good luck!

chopstix
02-21-2012, 01:03 PM
When I was in Boston/Cambridge, it was sold as halfs for $40; pretty much the same as out here on the left coast..

alb123
02-21-2012, 01:28 PM
Thank you for the information paups! I personally have no intention of getting back into the H scene, but I do like to know this stuff. Knowledge is power! I had no idea how much the game changed in Massachusetts. Here in Western MA (Springfield area), it seems pills are the new big thing. I, too, was in the H scene in the late 90s. Back then, everything was stamped bags...I assumed from New York. If you did come across dope packaged another way, you could be 99% certain that someone opened up stamped bags, took out some for themselves, cut it, or whatever...

At least now I know that bags of H are supposed to be 0.1g... Makes sense, 10 bags equals a gram. For the last year that I was using (2000-2001) I was fortunate to get an amazing connection. I think he liked me because I was white, always came with money and never caused drama. He always had fire. It was fantastic. Bags were going for $10 back then, but after a few months he started giving me bundles for $50! Also, he eventually extended me a line of credit. At the time, I had a great job, making a lot of money and I liked to buy in bulk. It was very satisfying when I'd meet him at his house and he would hand me 7 bundles with the agreement that I'd be back in 2 or 3 days when my bi-weekly paycheck was deposited directly into my checking account, and some poor guy was begging him for three bags even though he only had $29... I made a fair amount of money reselling some of my supply at $10/bag. Ahhhh....the memories. LOL

paups
02-21-2012, 01:46 PM
<<yeah I used to cop in Lawrence in like 97-98.. all stamp bags..and mostly fire. Lawrence seemed like such an enigma to me back then..like how the fuck is shit better and easier to cop up/out there than other places?
These days I know Lynn is full of powder but you need to find a phone connect obviously.
Every proper dealer Ive had in MA has been hispanic.. either Dominican or PR (same in NYC)

Ive heard they stlll have stamps in Springfield/Holyoke..not sure if they are actually getting NYC/NJ stamps coming in through CT or if the dealers are just packaging the "finger" dope into stamp bags in those towns instead of the plastic baggies. I know we have a few members from western MA here so maybe they'll chime in.

More Feen
02-21-2012, 01:58 PM
If you're talking about how its packaged for the End User (folks like us), I really think they eyeball it.

Generally, filling the glassine baggy to a certain point roughly equals 100mg (or 0.1g).

Now they prolly do something similar with folded lotto cards or foilies. I think the packer would add a certain amount to their spatula (usually a playing card--often an Ace of Spades, if they's hardcore), and eyeball that amount.

There really isn't time for fine & accurate measuring at this point--the end-user is going to rip it open and fix it withing a short amount of time. They certainly ain't going to weight the contents and measure its concentration (unless it was bought BY LE for such purposes).

Now, for the early users, weight would be of PRIME importance: a person buying 2kgs WANTS 2kgs; and the person selling 2kgs doesn't want to sell any more than 2kgs.

M F

opi8
02-21-2012, 02:56 PM
I know in holyoke they still got stamps my boy goes down there from VT and picks up every week, $70/bun for consistantly good dope. I think it comes up from CT. And around Lawrence it's all "twists" or whatever, cornerbags, usually .5 for $40. 10g fingers from $300-800 seriously I've heard such varying prices depending on who you know. The higher end ($500+) is usually ppl picking them up in lawrence or whatever and bringing them back up to NH and jackin the price up like crazy

Bartholomew
02-21-2012, 03:01 PM
many these $80 grams are making my mouth water...of ECP too?!

cheapest i EVER got a gram was for $125 and thats far from normal. they're usually $150 + up here. of course, when buyin in grits, half grits, fingers, etc they always use the corner of a sandwich bag.

opi8
02-21-2012, 03:06 PM
ya $80/g is pretty standard in the part of mass I go to- brockton, lawrence, dorchester, etc. It starts to get mad cheap when you buy fingers...~$35/g and VERY rarely is it shitty dope. Maybe not always FIRE but always dependable

To Each His Gnome
02-21-2012, 03:57 PM
everything is sold by weight off a "finger" (I guess their equiv of a brick.?)

I've never seen, done, or been involved with ECP Heroin, but from what I understand, a "Brick" is 5 grams (5 bundles), and a "Finger" is a 10 gram cylinder of compressed dope. Someone who knows more about it than me- PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong. But that's my understanding of how it works.

Mmmm... goddamn I gotta try out some ECP before I die...

chopstix
02-21-2012, 04:17 PM
I've never seen, done, or been involved with ECP Heroin, but from what I understand, a "Brick" is 5 grams (5 bundles), and a "Finger" is a 10 gram cylinder of compressed dope. Someone who knows more about it than me- PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong. But that's my understanding of how it works.

Mmmm... goddamn I gotta try out some ECP before I die...

It's worth a try, but don't get your hopes up too high - it's nice that it's (usually) so clean, but good tar really is a better high, IMO..

MMC
02-21-2012, 05:47 PM
Now they prolly do something similar with folded lotto cards or foilies. I think the packer would add a certain amount to their spatula (usually a playing card--often an Ace of Spades, if they's hardcore), and eyeball that amount.

i've watched my guy package lotto folds many many times and he pretty much always used a razor blade to scoop up a little bit to place in the fold. with all the folds i've received from him i'm amazed at how consistent he is.

i've never seen it happen since they haven't been produced in a really long time, but one guy i used to cop from said people used to use the little mcdonald's coffee stirrer/spoon to measure the dope.

paups
02-21-2012, 07:17 PM
If you're talking about how its packaged for the End User (folks like us), I really think they eyeball it.

They used to use those plastic McDonalds coffee spoons to fill stamps.. McDs discontinued them in the 90s but you can find them on eBay.
An artist friend of mine (RIP Toby) cast one in solid gold.. :D

http://www.mediabistro.com/unbeige/files/original/21790.180B005C.jpg

edit: MMC you got to it first!!

The Ryan
02-21-2012, 07:27 PM
well a stamp bag is supposed to be .1g or 100mg, although stamps rarely are that size, A bundle (10 bags) should be a gram, but often it is anywhere between .3g and .5g (estimate). Meaning it's going to take you 2-3 bundles to get an entire gram, sure location matters but that's my experience where I'm from. I have gotten bags that are closer to 100mg but that's not an everyday thing that's when good stamps are in town..

and comparing to oxy??? depending on quality I'd say a legit bag should be about equipotent to 30-80mg OC, if both substances were IVed.

Bricks & Stacks
02-21-2012, 07:29 PM
the Mickey d spoons used to.be the go to, now its a razor and a card.in.2012 if you get a brick that weighs 5gs or. bun that weighs a gram you got super fuckin lucky, NYc might be the only exception.

id love to get some of the $300 fingers, fuck everybody saying NN is the best place to buy dope with their minisxule bags and $150+200 bricks that are prob 3 grams if your super lucky od rather get 10g of raw for $300.

paups
02-21-2012, 07:36 PM
I was quoted $600 for a finger in northshore MA.. but this was low level blockboy shit in a small city. I'm sure better deals are to be had. I could see how being a well connected junkie in MA/RI you could do pretty well for the price if you were able to conserve and flip a little on the side.. My longest time delivery connect in NYC sold $90 bundles and $360 bricks (ie: buy 4 get one free.. but only to long time custies)

iriewon
02-21-2012, 07:45 PM
damn 300$ fingers (o.O) i've never seen prices that low round here but yeah it def varies from 4/500-1000+ a finger depending on who you know and where you are in N.E. quality is good - fire overall...atleast it damn well should be. i can grab A finger of damn good dope anytime for $500 and thats at not much of a markup from what my connets paying. shit even when i copped 10fingers on a few occasions i never got it to less than $400 each finger!!!! this shit is RAWW tho!!

them mc d's were the shit for baggin up buns back in the day tho!!!

on topic. there are still a few places in mass that i've seen bundles coming up from down in jersey/nyc/ct/etc..that still have bundles mainly holyoke/springfield/and a few times in worcester pretty much western mass (brought up from my r.i. bundle connect) but overall its ALL 1/2 grams, grams, etc...in the corner of a plastic bag for 40-50 1/2gram 75-80 a gram but in boston it can go upwards of 100 a gram and so on. bundles pretty much disappered overnight back in 03-04ish...atleast round here and in the circles i ran in in mass/ri. there's literally only 1 person i know in r.i. that still does bundles and they're nickle bags lucky if a bundle weighs .3 but for $20-25 and $100 a brick you cant really go wrong imo.

also its damn near all ran by the dominicans and ricans...anyone else i wouldnt give the time or day and def. not my $ too!!!

paups
02-21-2012, 08:05 PM
also its damn near all ran by the dominicans and ricans...anyone else i wouldnt give the time or day and def. not my $ too!!!

Very true. Even when I lived in BedStuy everyone's best connects were the hispanics. I had a good buddy who was born and bred there like 50yrs old black guy 30yrs in the game and I would ride around with his cronies sometimes sampling bags (and rating chicks butts who were crossing the street..lmao) For some reason they got a kick out of me I guess.. but anyway they had this one Puerto Rican friend (another 50 smthing guy) they would pick up and they would always rag on each other in a joking way about spanish vs. black but Lucho had the best connects and was always down to talk a deal to someone his black friends couldn't so it was all love haha.. I miss those guys :)

iriewon
02-21-2012, 08:19 PM
^^ haahaaa that awsome...i can pretty much picture your lil white ass inbetween 2 big ol black dudes in the back seat of some late 70s or 80s lincoln or cadillac or some shit driving round the city doing that heh

and the spanish ALWAYS have the best dope & coke...end of story!!

shit the ONLY things i buy off of black ppl are crack and herb!!

needa get ya ass back to the city girl!! hell even if it's just for a visit!!! ; )

paups
02-21-2012, 08:32 PM
<<He DID have a black late 90s Cadillac. :D
I really did feel like we were friends, too.. like there were no ulterior motives.. he'd yell at anyone in the car who used the word "bitch" in front of me and talk to me about how he goes to church singles mixers lookin' for a non using ladyfriend.. we'd talk politics and race and philosophy sometimes..
One day I found a brand new mans solid 14k chain with a crucifix on the street in Wash. Heights and I could have pawned it for like $200+ but I gave it to him instead cos I knew it would mean alot to him and he literally had tears in his eyes :)

I do miss NYC, fuck.. there's just nowhere else like it..

iriewon
02-21-2012, 08:37 PM
aww how sweet hahaa....and there really is nowhere else like it!! i'm happy that i can get my nyc fix pretty much anytime still being only a few hours tops away. i'm going to miss that and "home" quite a bit if/when i move to cali =/ speaking of which i been meaning to start a thread on the scene in the area i may be moving too out there....ok end of derail my b.

COME HOME PAUPS!!! LoL ;-p

opi8
02-22-2012, 09:47 AM
$300 is the cheapest I've seen fingers go for, avg. is 500 but if you get a good connect in lawrence and start goin down daily for a finger or two at a time you can get hooked the fuck up

fauxflavored
02-22-2012, 11:38 AM
for every $50 you spend with my connect he'll throw you one. for $100 you get 12 lotto folds that usually weigh out a litte more than a gram.
ive seen him package it a few times and he has a small spoon (for folds), similar in size as one of those mcdonalds stirrers, and uses a digi-scale for weight

in case of weight it'll usually be one or two chunks.

Dr Benway
02-24-2012, 08:15 AM
We get 0.15 -0.2 g per bag in London. I thought 0.2 was small [It was 0.3 a few years back] but I guess we must have a more competitive market here.

Fat Pie
02-24-2012, 08:56 AM
I've had 4 gram, 3.5 gram, 3 gram, 2 gram, 1 gram, half gram and 0.25 gram baggies and wraps here in the big L (larger amounts by request, of course, but they came as a whole; I have fond memories of fat moonrocks and coke powder in a big ziplock bag: yummy).

duck
02-24-2012, 09:12 AM
People are going back and forth to Chicago to get smack to distribute here in southernobviously Missouri, they usually get an ounce or two so im told, cut it in half and each point fetches $40!

Fuck imagine getting a 10gbit finger for $300, cut in half you get 20g which is 200 tenths at $40t a piece.....that'd $7600 profit off of a $300 investments.

opi8
02-24-2012, 09:29 AM
I know a kid that last year was getting fingers for $500 and bringing it back up to central NH where I'm at, making two bundles from each gram and selling each bag for $20...you can do the math. Lots of people bringing up dope/coke from mass/southern NH to my area for the HUGE mark-up but they end up getting popped pretty quick

duck
02-24-2012, 09:33 AM
Exactly ^^the risk reward still isn't there for me yet, my life hasn't reached a desperation level where risking my freedom and future for a few grand is worth it. Bringing H to an area without a good supply probably really pisses the police off especially here in the bible belt...prolly gonna get popped quickly. With the heavy sentencing these days its near impossible to trust people to not snitch.

opi8
02-24-2012, 11:34 AM
yup. It's mostly poor puerto ricans and black dudes who bring the shit up here, dudes who don't have a ton of great career opportunities so they make money any way they can, and make money they do right until they end up in county jail awaiting a federal bid

dride
02-26-2012, 01:29 PM
here in stockton ca its .2 a ten 40-50 gram. usually tens are wats around sold in baloons. im on done now but i was getting q oz of raw which is 50% stronger than street dope (everybody cuts 1/1). i was paying 270 a q 450 an oz. fir ass dope. i always did weekly trips so it was half oz every week since i like fixing when i please. but dont expect a good oz connect out the gate it took alot of work to get to that stage. but tar is basically .2 a ten 50 a g. a ten is one shot

buffer
02-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Around NYC bags are 50-100mg and cost between $6 and $10 ea. North Jersey bags (Paterson specifically) weigh 20-50mg.. 50mg being on the large end. That may sound small but I weigh bags pretty often.. alot of the fire stamps around NYC are only like 50-60mg.. some of the bigger bags are even worse just more cut. The 50mg bags of fire are very pure. So a bundle from NYC which will cost you between $60-100 depending when where and what you get will rarely be 1.0 grams..

In Paterson it's crazy.. sometimes bags are so small its almost like you poured an nyc bag out and didn't flick it. But if you are lucky and do the cat and mouse chase you can get fire for cheap.. $4-$6 a bag. Generally speaking NYC bags are 2x+ the size of North Jersey bags. They just use a little scoop and dump the dope in the bag.

The dope is superb though.. assuming you get a solid stamp. Fluffy white powder that mixes up so clean 100% translucent iced-tea. Very pure taste super strong if you sniff.. for shooting its really clean, nothing left behind int he cooker, cotton is still white..its almost like it's pharmaceutical grade lol. If I get a stamp and it mixes up murky or dirty right off the bat I know it's going to be garbage.

A single bag of NYC dope if you sniff is about equal to sniffing an OC 80. Shooting is no comparison. Paterson sized bags equate to sniffing a 30mg oxy IR.. when I realized I could spend $30 on 6 bags instead of $120 on 6 30mg oxy IR's and get even higher I never looked back. And if you shoot oxy simple doesn't begin to stack up.

pliers
03-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Hartford bags tend to be a little short, I doubt that each bag is done out by weight, it's probably eyeballed with a little scoop or something like that.

opi8
03-02-2012, 07:28 PM
yeah that would take waaaay too long to weigh out each bag, at least for stamps. My boy that grabs fingers down in lawrence uses the tiny ass ziplocks (fucking pain in my ass btw) and he uses a card to scoop up little piles for each bag. My other boy used to hustle shit for this mexi who moved from TX to NH to set up shop and he'd bag up at my boys place.

Shit was like an assembly line. "Flaco" would have a HUGE tray of dope and he'd weigh out quarter grams and then pass the scale to my boy to put in a corner bag, then he'd pass it off to his girl and she'd put it in another corner bag so they were double sealed. Shit was ridiculous, we'd be there for hours, every hour or so dude would scoop us a pile of brown to do and he just smoked blunts the whole time. It was deff crazy seeing hundreds of 1/4g bags, I wanted to just kill dude and take all his shit hah

tractor beam
03-04-2012, 02:58 PM
I think St.louis is the most user friendly scene from what I read here. It's all put into clear capsuls so you can see what your getting and the capsul is the measurment. If it's not full you're getting skeeted. I assume they weigh out to a point but its cut dope so purity>weight. But if you want uncut rocks (or raw, as we all know it so fondly) Its 150 a gram untill you manage to find better dealers and then you can get them for 100 flat. The capsuls (Beans or buttons locally) only cost $60 for 10. They are fire as well, 2 beans in a shot would kill a novice everytime. Also its ONLY black dealers here, STL doesn't really have a hispanic population and a white boy dealing would get shot in no time just as in every other major american city.

I always think its pretty cool how unique STL is when it comes to the dope game.